JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Goodbye_Charmy

Author Topic: The Virus [Multiple Pairings] - Chapter 20 [Update 04/17/14]  (Read 54692 times)

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Virus [Multiple Pairings] - Chapter 16 [Update 07/09/13]
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »
The Virus

~Chapter 14

~Finally! I have to comment in this amazing vampire story.... [A Compliment for the Author]

~Anyway, I hope Mayu and Yui will be okay. Gosh! I like the scene where Rena protects Jurina same with MaYuki. I love it. I also start to like the pairing of Yui and Haruka.

~Thanks for the nice update!

~It's great and interesting  to read!

++++
The Virus

~Chapter 15

~Finally, Yui came back to normal... thanks to Haruka-san...

~I also laughed when mad Acchan drags the poor captain in the scene

~WMatsui moments is so cute.... I love it.. When Rena punched the poor vending machine so that she can get Jurina's drink...

~I hope next chapter is full of MaYuki scenes

~This awesome chapter for me!
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
Re: The Virus [Multiple Pairings] - Chapter 16 [Update 07/09/13]
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »
[Replies]

@Yuki88: He became like that because either a) he was bitten by a dark vampire in the first place or b) he was a neutral vampire in the first place but his choices and actions led him into the dark side. Kinda cliche but meh. :kekeke:

@kurogumi: Maybe~ But like I said to Yuki up above, he most likely did a lot of terrible things that led him to be like this: An insane psychopath, LOL. And indeed Yuihan needs to learn to control her powers here. Rena does love cute girls, so it's no wonder she has her eyes set and trained on Jurina, fufufu~ :luvluv2:

@Crossing Crossroads: Thanks for the compliment! You're making me feel extremely fuzzy on the inside, haha~ And it's tough keeping multiple stories on-going, but I don't ever want to leave my readers behind the dust and ditch the story just because I want to. I'm sure you'll be faithful to your stories too! :hee:

@bunny_rabbit: Really!? Poor Yukirin! And I'm sure as we progress through the story, there might be instances when Yui might go on a rampage once again or something. The seal isn't perfect, of course, fufufu~ :glasses:

@Shinoki: Sometimes writing stories doesn't just have to be motivation alone but inspiration also~ I'm sure it'll come to you soon. And I'm sure you didn't misread it about what Jurina said there, LOL. :on lol:

@mayuki_daisuki: Heyo back to you too! Many Mayuki and wMatsui moments in the previous chapter, haha~ Now JuriMayu is going to be shown here on this next update. :shy2:

@Llyloo: LOL, I suppose Yuzi is cool (maybe because he's a brother of Yukirin?)~ Here's the next chapter! :hehehe:

@millca: There will be YuiParu moments, but we'll see which pairings will prevail! (Since there's more than a simple rectangle love shape... er... relationship... You get what I mean, LOL) :whistle:

@mitsuhara_itsuko: I'm glad you love my updates and replies! Thank you for reading my fiction and here's the next update! :on drink:

@Wmatsui22: I'm glad you find this story amazing! And I'm also glad you're starting to like YuiParu pairing also, hehe~ :on woohoo:

Not much of a author's note to really say here, so please enjoy this update! :deco:

[Chapter 17]

I gulped nervously when I was receiving a scolding from the shorter general in front of me, Takahashi Minami. She was fully dressed in her military general outfit; bandages and gauze still wrapped around certain parts of her body. The green clothing was seen to be accompanied by many badges and medals that would make just about any sane individual fear and respect Minami. Dark brown combat boots every once in a while tapped the cold, white tiled ground beneath our feet. The older girl had her lips pressed against each other to form a thin line across her face. One could easily imagine the short-tempered general to have a huge, red anger mark forming from the upper corner of her head.

Biting the bottom of my lip, I lowered my head in apology. It’s not surprising for me to get a long lecture and scolding from her. I was barely resting in the patient’s room for one day and here I am, returning back with Rena and Haruka with the unconscious Yuki and Sayanee. While the two were immediately rushed to get their appropriate treatment, Minami pulled me aside within the medical bay’s hallway. Rena and Haruka meanwhile was standing right by my side, trying to calm the general down to my favor.

“You can’t blame here, General Takahashi,” Rena explained as her hands motioned in the air. “She was simply worried about the health and safety of me, Yuki, Shimazaki-san and Yamamoto-san-“

“I don’t care!” Minami snapped back before the neutral vampire was able to finish her statement. “The last thing I want to see is more injured individuals!”

“But without her, Takahashi-san, we would’ve been indeed killed by that dark vampire, Kashiwagi Yuzi,” Haruka projected the facts at hand. The instant the smaller girl had uttered those words, it ceased further arguments from the general and us overall. Rather it had shocked her. Her eyes widen when the name ‘Yuzi’ and ‘dark vampire’ was mentioned in the sentence. Her arms that were crossed across her chest only pressed closer to her body; the grip on both of her arms tightening. The eyebrows above her eyes scrunched together until there were creases forming on her forehead. “You have got to be kiddin’ me…” she muttered under her breath with disbelief.

It wasn’t surprising for her to react this way. The last time we had heard news from this Yuzi vampire was about two to three weeks ago. That was enough time to make a conclusion that the dark vampire is no longer residing in the area surrounding the base. Within the forests the werewolves said nothing about sighting such inhumane creature while the shrine was in total disarray from earlier crisis. Now that he was heard to be back, Minami couldn’t help but raise multiple red flags in alarm.

I raised my voice to explain to her what exactly happened. “There was Yuzi who was in the forest thanks to Yamamoto-san’s heighten senses. Before we got there though, we saw Kashiwagi-san who was injured and unconscious at the scene.”

“I’m not sure what exactly happened, but I have a gut feeling that Yuki’s state right now had something to do with her brother…”

“Her brother?” Minami, Haruka and I in unison questioned Rena. The other neutral vampire had her right hand cupping the bottom of her chin. Slowly she nodded her head to answer the question in relation to Yuzi. “Yes. For clarification purpose, Kashiwagi Yuzi is indeed her older brother.”

There was a brief silence that crossed within the group. Not a single word nor noise was produced from any of us. The only sound that was heard were the nurses and members passing by us.

“I think we should question Kashiwagi Yuki when we have a chance,” the general cracked the silence that was lingering around far longer than what it was supposed to be. Our attention all snapped back at the shorter girl, whom stared back at us with a firm expression. Seriousness was written all over her face. “We need to know more information about this dark vampire…”

“Though I have been living with her for a while with another vampire, I too don’t know about her past aside from the fact that she has an older brother she hates to mention normally.”

Minami whipped her head towards Rena’s direction. “You have another vampire aside from Kashiwagi-san?”

“Yes… Her name’s Miyazawa Sae. She’s a light vampire, so there’s nothing to worry about her.”

“A light vampire, huh… That’s the first time I’ve heard that…” Haruka muttered to herself as Rena proceeded to request permission if she was allowed to bring in Sae.

“Sae is someone that can help us. She’s not dangerous but rather the total opposite of what Yokoyama-san is in general.”

“Will she be able to tell us more about Yuzi?” Minami asked.

“Sadly, no, but she’ll be able to provide a bit of insight on Yuki’s past from her viewpoint if that’s helpful.”

“Any information in regards to Yuzi and Yuki is vital.” The shorter girl then uncrossed her arms and dropped them down to her sides. With a very long, audible exhale exiting out of her mouth, she then motioned one hand in the air to shoo us away. “Now go off you three. We’ll question Kashiwagi-san when she awakens and feels better from her rest. Miyazawa-san can be brought in soon once daylight comes around the corner.”

----------

Stretching my arms up into the sky, I found myself to be on the rooftop of the building. My hands opened up; the palm facing up towards the endless space from above. Fingers were spread apart evenly as the stars twinkle in the distant. Multiple stars positioned in their respective area like someone who had just sprinkled the dark night with sparkles. Not to mention that not a single cloud is to be found. It was all accompanied by a single crescent moon. Although Minami had just told me to return back to my patient’s room to rest, I decided to be a little naughty and sneak off towards the rooftop.

Still dressed in my white hospital gown, I bit the bottom of my lip as I lowered my right arm down to my side; leaving my left hand high above my head. My eyes were trained upon the fingers attached to my hand. Many thoughts ran through my mind as of tonight’s event.

Yuki is now resting and residing currently in a patient’s room right next to Mayu’s as Sayanee’s is in the room next to mine. Rena right now is visiting the other neutral vampire as Jurina was heard to return back into Mayu’s room to keep watch. On the other hand, Haruka had just told me that she was staying with Sayanee for tonight. From what I could see, the two figures are definitely close friends with each other. Overall, no one is marked with the labels of death and survived from tonight’s incident.

My hand soon balled into a fist. I tightened my grip as hard as possible; feeling the nails of my fingers pressing against the palm of my hands. The pair of eyes on my face squinted. I honestly don’t know what’s happening anymore. As I had stated earlier, everything was just happening far too fast for anyone to comprehend and live with. I just found out that I’m a dark vampire; never to be human ever again unless there’s some sort of cure in the future (which most likely won’t happen). I’m under the watch of Haruka. A seal is to be on me at all times and my sanity is short-lived if I were to be on my own. I need blood to live. Yuzi not too long ago returned back for an unknown reason and he seems quite interested in me. And many more that could make the list endless within my skull.

The corner of my lips twitched with irritation with that sort of thought running through my mind. ‘Interested in me? I don’t know what he’s thinking but he seems to be hinting that I should exact my revenge on him. But why?’ Was it because of the nature of the dark vampire? I couldn’t quite remember how it was like to be in that state due to the fact I was not conscious during the entire time of my rampage. But was I acting like Yuzi when I ran mad? To feel the adrenaline of running around and shedding blood? Just thinking about it brought shudders down my spine. I hope for sure that I never will be in that state ever again… I can’t bear to hurt anyone close to me anymore…

“Yuihan?” Hearing my nickname brought my mind back to reality. My eyes resumed back to its original size and state as I lowered my arm down to my other side. Blinking a few times, I brought my head down from looking up at the sky. I didn’t even have to look over my shoulders just to see who it was. I was able to easily sense the other girl’s presence from behind and the identification based on her scent. A small smile unconsciously formed on my face when I realized who it was.

“Kitarie,” I called out to her. “It’s nice to see you up here.”

Her heartbeat was heard to be picking up its pace for a split second before it returned to its normal pace. The sudden change in her cardio pace was most likely due to the surprise of how I knew it was her without having to even spare a glance. Pair of boots were heard clomping from behind. It soon stopped the moment it came near me. I shot a glance to my left, seeing Rie standing by my side.

She was dressed professionally in her military clothing. Despite the time of the day and many members are asleep, Rie was wide awake and alert. A rifle along with her signature and favorite sniping gun crossed behind her back where they hanged in place. One pistol was on her right torso as the other held a small pouch filled with ammunition and bombs. Her expression remained calm and firm; the scar still faintly seen drawn upon her left eye. Rie truly is a serious soldier. However, when she noticed that I was staring at her, she turned her face at my direction. The firm expression immediately melted into a soft, gentle glance accompanied by a smile. The instant that her eyes connected with mine, I couldn’t help but feel my face turn slightly hot.

“So what are you doing up here? Didn’t Takamina tell you to stay in your room?”

I chuckled that soon turned into a small giggle escaping my partially opened my lips. “She did, but… I just feel like taking in some fresh air.”

“I thought you already did since you just came back an hour ago.”

“That was while it was raining and saving someone. Right now the weather is clear and I thought I’ll take this chance not to get soaked to death.”

There was a faint chuckle heard from Rie’s direction. Her left hand was brought up to cover her mouth as she closed her eyes briefly in amusement. “That’s quite understandable.”

Silence crossed between the two of us as there was nothing much to add to the conversation. The both of us simply enjoyed the quiet night; watching the stars above our head with our curiosity. As we observed the sky, I couldn’t help but feel nervous being around Rie here. Not nervous in a bad way, of course. Nervous in terms of… Her just being here. My heart was fluctuating and beating wildly without a consistent and appropriate pacing as my face just kept on getting hotter and hotter. I would be surprised if my face didn’t look as bright red as a tomato by now.

Staying close to Rie makes me feel happy. Extremely happy to be with someone that I would love to spend time with. But I didn’t know how I was able to convey this feeling without sounding awkward. Or more likely, afraid that if I confess to her, she might not accept it. Worse, she’ll not only reject but severe our friendship so our relationship wouldn’t deepen to an extent. Even though romantic books express how two characters can fall for each other easily with a simple confession, it doesn’t look like reality is the same as a fantasy-like situation. I wanted to do more with Rie. I wanted to be more than just friends. I want to hold hands like couples without having a single care in the world. I want to express my love in more ways than one.

But I don’t know how to approach her nor organize my emotions so it was easy enough to express how I feel. So I’m stuck in an internal battle that’ll take a long period of time just to say, ‘I love you’ to the person that my heart goes all out to.

While I was stuck pondering in my spot, from the corner of my vision, I saw Rie ask me a question that I didn’t expect her to ask me.

“Yui… Is it… scary being a vampire?” I had to mentally slap myself awake in order to remove my mind from a trance filled with my internal thoughts. Looking over at her, I saw the other female a bit worried more than curious. “Does it… feel different from being human?”

“Erm…” I scratched the back of my head in a slow motion as I tried to find an appropriate response. “To be honest… It is. Especially when you consider the fact that I’m labeled under a ‘dark’ category. But I feel like I could do more than what I normally did when I was a human.”

“I see…” Rie lowered her head slightly.

“Though… As much power as I have right now, I would do anything to return back to being human,” I threw in another statement to ease the tension that was now filling up the air. I could feel and see Rie becoming a little uncomfortable the moment she asked that question. Worries and nervous was the emotions that poked and probed her brain. She is staring at the same type of vampire Yuzi is in front of her. Rie’s also heard what happened when I went on a rampage, so it doesn’t look like she can fully stay calm around me. So when I uttered that one statement, she snapped her head up. Rie’s eyes widen and mouth opened wide with shock. “M-Majisuka?”

I bobbed my head. “I like being normal. Being a vampire isn’t something that I wanted to be… My relationships with many other members are already straining just because… I’m a vampire.”

I felt guilty when I knew how much harm and hurt I’ve brought upon the squads of Akihabara Elimination Force. Those that I use to be friends with were too terrified to even come and visit; fearing that they’ll be the next victim of having their heads ripped off from their neck. Even though I had the seal under Haruka’s supervision, it didn’t ease their fear with having a dark vampire in their base. I can’t blame them though. They have the right to feel that way. If only I didn’t get bitten and was able to revert time…

“Yuihan.” Upon hearing my nickname, I felt Rie’s hand rest on top of my left shoulder. A little surprise by her action, I looked over and saw that she stared at me with a firm, but gentle look. Her hand rubbed my shoulder tenderly as though she was comforting me. “Let me tell you at least one thing about me: I won’t abandon nor think of you differently just because you were unintentionally transformed into another creature. I love you for who you are and the person I see in front of me is just Yokoyama Yui. Nothing different.”

If she wasn’t here and I was just by myself, I would’ve flipped backward and squealed with bliss. Such words that she had in her mini-speech there touched my heart from the bottom up; feeling glad to have such wonderful person in my life. I couldn’t help but smile like a doofus. Not to mention the tears that were threatening to form from the corner of my eyes in relief. Then in one move, I wrapped my arms around Rie’s body and gave her one long hug. It took Rie a few seconds to comprehend what exactly was happening before she too returned the same treatment.

“Yokatta…” I whispered in a small voice. “I must be blessed to have you in my life…”

When we separated from our hug, Rie had both of her hands on top of my shoulders. Keeping a firm hold on them, she flashed a smile at me in reassurance. “I’m glad to have you in my life too. You’re the best person I’ve ever met to be honest.”

----------

“MOU… You need to remain in your spot!” Kojima Haruna scolded the other neutral vampire as she tried to get off of her bed. Yuki was currently on her bed; seen to be attached with multiple medical cords and equipment towards her body. When she was brought back to the base by Rena, Haruna couldn’t help but take her quickly to the emergency room due to her bad state. Although she wasn’t hurt to an extent that her life was in danger, Yuki did sustain enough damage that would require her to stay in bed for a few days. But it doesn’t look like the vampire wants to agree to that statement. Rather she wants to hurry and get out of bed. And for her reason to get out of bed? Merely just to be with Mayu.

“I can’t stay in bed. I hate being the one stuck like this,” Yuki loudly expressed her displeasure. The older girl struggled to get off the bed only to be restraint by the IV in her right wrist. “I need to see Mayu-“

“Yukirin, you need to stay,” Rena advised against her immediately. Her hands pressed against the girl’s upper arms gently but with enough force to keep her down. “You need to focus on your health.”

“You know that I have rapid healing-“

“I don’t care.”

“But I need to see-“

“No buts, Yuki.” The other neutral vampire’s glare at Yuki made her cease any further arguments. Grumbling a few incoherent words under her breath, she finally gave up and eased herself back into the soft white mattress. The other two figures sighed quietly once they finally persuaded the girl to be obedient. As much as Yuki wanted to jump off the bed in a dramatic fashion and rush over to the person that she loves so much, now was just not the right timing. To make matters worse, she already had knowledge that Jurina was still residing in Mayu’s patient room ever since last night. Now that the morning sun as risen up, she still has yet to hear the other younger girl take her leave from the room.

The doctor shot a glance at Rena’s direction. “Arigatou for helping me out, Matsui-san.”

Rena waved her left hand in the air left and right while smiling at the doctor. “No need to thank me, Doctor Kojima.”

“You can drop the formality, Matsui-san. Just call me Nyan Nyan if you wish~”

“Ehhhhh… If that’s okay then… Nyan… Nyan…?”

Uttering Haruna’s nickname wasn’t something that Rena was comfortable doing. Though they have been seeing each other for a good amount of time right now, to suddenly drop the formality and speak carelessly is… new. Dropping her hand back down to her side, Rena then remained silent as Haruna explained about Yuki’s condition. As the doctor explained, Rena herself couldn't help but feel a bit irritated knowing the fact that Jurina and Mayu are together in the next room. So close yet so far...

Meanwhile, Mayu was wide awake aside from the medication administered into her body earlier in the other room. She was still resting in bed and slightly sluggish with her actions. Aside from that though, she is getting better. Jurina was sitting right next to her on the stool, chattering away with some of her stories to entertain the other younger girl. Every once in a while, Jurina would manage to make the older cyborg girl crack up with a chuckle or two. If one were to stand and watch the two girl converse with each other, it would look as though they were couples for a long period of time.

“…So I then I made a prank in the library within this base on the third floor. I glued all of the books with a substance that stuck them together tightly. While I watched from the side, all of the members were trying to pull out the books they wanted and it was plain hilarious! Even one of the members nearly knocked down the bookshelves from pulling with such force!” Jurina waved her hands in the air excitedly as she told her little tale of her mischievous adventure.

“Did you get caught?” Mayu asked while raising one eyebrow.

Jurina sheepishly grinned back followed by a nervous chuckle. An imaginary sweat drop could be imagined forming from the side of her face. “Yeah I did… General Takahashi caught me red-handed when I was laughing my butts off in the distant. Had to get rid of all the glue, but thankfully it wasn’t that hard to take them all out.”

“That’s good to hear.” There was a gentle smile crossing Mayu’s face as she listened to the younger girl’s explanation. The two of them spending time together was like old times. The old times before Yuki and Rena entered into their life. They were extremely close and there was a sense of a comfortable atmosphere around the two girls. Jurina then got up from her stool in one move. Before Mayu knew it, the other girl was trying to land a kiss on the cheek of hers. Lips puckered and arms wrapped around Mayu’s body, she was ready for the attack. Poor Mayu was trying her best to avoid earning a kiss from the flirty puppy.

“S-Stop it Jurina!” she pleaded. The other girl didn’t respond back with the response that she wanted to hear nor see from; still pushing onward to land one smooch on the girl she loves. She was still lying in bed, which was a huge disadvantage for the puppy did not go easy on her. After a short-lived struggle, the older girl couldn’t help but give up. Her strength wasn’t as strong as Jurina, so it was to be expected that she would lose either way. A quick peck was landed on the side of her face the instant Mayu’s struggle ceased. “Happy now?”

Jurina had a little ‘hmmm’ leave her for a bit before shaking her head. Snuggling close with Mayu, she tightened her hold on the older girl. The taller girl then leaned her face close to Mayu’s, closing the distance between the two figures. “I want something more~” she whispered in a soft voice. That voice though wasn’t a voice that Jurina usually has when she flirts around with other girls. Instead, it was a voice that had a hint of seductiveness; trying to grab the attention of her lover. Mayu’s face instantly heated up and all muscles in her body tensed.

Aware that she had caught the attention of the cyborg completely, she brought her right hand up to the upper portion of Mayu’s arm. Soon it trailed higher and higher till it was positioned on the side of girl’s face; caressing it tenderly. The older girl was speechless. She wasn’t able to utter a single word. Not even a sound escaped from her mouth. Unable to say anything, she could only watch as Jurina’s hand went behind Mayu’s head; coming in between both the white pillow and the back of her head. Then in one swift movement, their lips were together.

It was both expected and unexpected for the girl on the bed. She was easily expecting Jurina to land another kiss but never in this way or form! Mayu could only widen her eyes as the younger girl with her eyes closed pressed against her lips with a bit more pressure. She could feel that Jurina merely wanted more from the girl. And so she allowed her to do so. Closing her eyes, Mayu allowed the other girl to shift her position so Jurina was directly on top of her.

"I won't take it too far since you're still hurt," Jurina muttered to let Mayu know when they parted to relieve some oxygen into their exhausted lungs. Then before she even let the older girl respond back, she went back to connecting their lips together.

----------

Kanon yawned quietly as she watched the wolf-no, a human figure resting on the bed. The brightly lit room only contained the two girls accompanied by the annoying EKG machine beeping with every breathing second. With shoulder length black hair and a smile that could just send anyone’s heart going ‘doki doki,’ Yagami Kumi watched the nurse bring in some fruits for her. The younger girl had seen Kumi in her human form before, but usually she saw the older girl in her werewolf form. So when she sees her in this form, Kanon couldn’t help but feel her heart beat wildly against her chest as though some sort of drug made the organ go high.

“So when will I be able to get out of this bed?” Kumi questioned as Kanon was seen to walk over to her bedside. The younger girl propped the upper portion of the bed up with one click of a button on the side thanks to technology today. Seeing that Kumi was now sitting up at a reasonable angle, she proceeded to answer her question. “If you’re lucky, less than a month. But for now, the doctor told me that you’ll have to be here with us for at least a month and possibly another month for therapy.”

There was a groan from Kumi’s direction. It’s not surprising for the estimated length of time Kumi will be spending stuck in bed and in the medical bay of this base. She had many wounds that needed to be stitched immediately, lack of blood within her body due to major blood loss and multiple broken bones on both her left ribcage and spine. It was a miracle that the girl wasn’t human. Any normal human being would’ve either died or be handicapped for the rest of their life. However, since she is a werewolf, Kumi had rapid healing abilities just like the vampires and extrodinary amount of strength to bear with the pain, it merely takes a couple weeks to a month or two to heal these damages created on her body. But for the active girl, a month was FAR too long for her.

“Man… I don’t like staying here that long…” she grumbled. Kanon gently placed the small basket she held with one hand on the nearest coffee table of the bed. The nurse then glanced and skimmed over the charts placed neatly on the clipboard with her other hand. Eyes rapidly running left and right, she then murmured, “But you have me to keep an eye on you. Consider it a little vacation, Kumi.”

When her eyes lifted from examining the data, she nearly felt her own heart stop beating. Kumi’s eyes were sparkling as though the heaven bestowed her with some Buddha holy light. Kanon smiled back with a hint of pink shown on her cheeks. “Then I’m glad to be stuck here for such long period of time!” the other girl exclaimed as she tried to roll off the bed. But thanks to Kanon standing right next to her and the braces she had to wear, Kumi was held in spot. Only result she produced was more pain shooting up from her spine and side. “ITAIITAIITAIITAI!!!”

Kanon sighed loudly with disbelief at the other girl’s intention to getting out of bed in a state like this. “Jeez Kumi… Rest in bed. You know you’re in no position to even move…”

“Mou, Kanon-chan… I just wanted to give you a hug…”

“That can wait later,” the nurse sharply replied as she returned back to reading over the charts and data of Kumi’s blood count and respiration rate. Kumi exhaled loudly with the response coming out of the younger girl’s mouth. “You’re so cold, Kanon-chan…”

----------

Sashihara Rino was standing in front of Minami’s desk. She was accompanied by Shinoda Mariko, who was dressed in her usual military uniform. The two girls were standing side by side, waiting for a response from the general before their eyes. Atsuko in the meantime was busy filing all of the paperwork for the shorter girl within the background. Her hands together and fingers intertwined, Minami stared long and hard at the two girls across from her. A couple seconds passed by before the general spoke up.

“I have a mission that I want you, Mariko, to complete.”

“What is it about, General Takahashi?”

“Sasshi here has reported that there is… a new form of mutation coming from the X-Virus.”

“New form of mutation?” Mariko’s focus turned towards Rino as the scientist nodded her head gravely. “Sadly, yes. You know those infected with the X-Virus mutate into either weak vampires to bizarre creatures that many of us labeled as ‘zombies.’ However… There’s another creature it has created up within the mountains.”

Rino motioned her hands in the air to explain her new finding in a comprehensible fashion. “You know how we know that mankind is basically a mutation from homo sapiens long ago, correct? We adapt to our environment and transform into a new being from our ancestors in order to function and live in such setting. The same can go for just about anything from viruses to bacteria and bigger living organisms like us and animals. However, this goes for those infected with the X-Virus. There’s a new creature that could fly.”

“Fly? How?” Minami questioned.

The scientist pulled out a small device from inside her white lab coat. The small circular device was blue and rested on the palm of her right hand. Rino pressed her left index finger upon the technological device and in a split second, there was a blue hologram of an inhumane creature shown right above it. Though the size wasn’t to be compared and measured with the real creature, it was accurate enough to portray who and what it exactly is. Both Mariko and Minami widen their eyes at such findings.

“What the hell is that?” the general spoke with surprise in her voice.

The infected creature was something new to them. They were like birds. The human body from the neck down was seen but their hands were replaced with disfigured talon claws. Wings sprouted from the back was incomplete as bones and flesh weren’t properly placed in its appropriate position. Not to mention the head was a complete mess. The mouth was shaped like a beak with teeth as sharp as sharks. Eyes contained a huge black pupil that made the pair circular and huge like an owl. It was something that would be seen in a madman’s nightmare.

“We need to deal with these quick. They’re quite cunning and kill without any hesitation. I’ll provide more information about them for I have not been able to see one in person yet, but they’ve been causing harvoc upon this land.”

Minami bobbed her head in agreement. “Sasshi’s right. Many villagers were reported to be either dead or missing from these foul creatures up in the mountains. From their statements, they said these creatures are seen to be flying around in packs, hunting for just about any living being.” She closed her eyes and shook her head. “I want this to be dealt with and the mission complete tomorrow. I trust you know what to do, Mariko.”

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Virus [Multiple Pairings] - Chapter 17 [Update 07/23/13]
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
awww yuki wants to see mayuyu :heart: :yep: :deco:
but........jurimayu moment is hot!!!!!!!! and so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :cathappy: :inlove:
jurina so daring, lol poor mayu can't move well so she has no choice but to endure the kiss :lol: :twisted:
thanx for the update :cow: :bow:
My kami-oshi is Mayuyu, and my oshimen is Oku Manami.

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2013, 11:52:18 PM »
Yuihan... ganbatte! that type of feeling...
Ah... nod nod nod... Don't really know how to comment...
(Jurina!!! You belong to Rena-chan) JuriMayu... even though I like it... mrm...
Kumi~~~ Kumi~~ Kumi~~~ Kanon-chan, be more dere~~
Ah... now a new mutation... what are they? Chimeras?

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2013, 12:12:59 AM »
Ah... Would Minami be able to gain more info about Yuzi?

Would Mariko be able to complete her mission?

Yeah Kumikanon and MayuJuri so cute together..

What's  going to happen next?

Can't wait

Thank you

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2013, 01:46:16 AM »
YuiRie moment was so cute... :luvluv1: and the 'confession'...does it means they official now :dunno: but as much as I love YuiRie I prefer yokoyamada or yokoyamamoto - since sayanee is already here,yokoyamamoto would be nice :prayers: cheer for yui and any nmb member pair :onioncheer: (sorry for being random :sweat:)

you said that hime will wreak another havoc right...can't wait to see that happen :kekeke:

and what the heck are those new breeds :dunno: at first thought it would be harpies,but the descriptions were different :dunno:

Offline Minamiyuki

• Kumiyuri - My OTP and Kami-oshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kizaki Yuria ❤ Yagami Kumi
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2013, 01:53:28 AM »
Can I join in that mission????  :) :) :)

I'm excel in dual swordsmanship....  :) :) :)

I like now your fic....  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waiting for your next update..  XD XD XD
いつか君を会うために、望むでしょうは最後のものだったよ。
(To meet you someday, was the last thing I will wish for.)
Kumiyuri X Mayuki X Wmatsui X Atsumina X Furuyanagi X Kojiyuu

My Full Series Fics:
GunSword Series (On-going) | Need for Speed: Fast Forward (On-going) | Night Shift Series (On-hiatus) | Shikyo Taisen Series (On-going) | Shichitenshi Gakuen (On-hiatus)

Offline mitsuhara_itsuko

• Member+
  • Bisu is love~
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2013, 08:17:11 AM »
Kitarie and Yuihan are now official XD ... so happy for them XD

I wonder what happens to Paruru then :33

Shinoda-san's mission is to take out that new mutation, huh

Oh well, at least we get to see her in action soon :33 Will it be a solo or a group mission though?

If it is, then I'm looking forward to whoever her companions will be :33

Also, thanks for teh update :33 You're awesome, as always :))  :heart: :heart: :heart:
hallo ... ds is ket

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • WMATSUI, MAYUKI, GEKIBLACK, RENAIRIN, JURIMAYU
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »
eeeh but i want more mayuki moment...aaa~

but fine jurimayu fine too...but in the end mayuki is a must...more more more love agressive yuki and rena LOL

thank for the update
RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
HAHAHAH YES YUIRIE FINALLY, BEEN WAITING FOR THAT TO HAPPEN HAHAHAHHAHA

I wonder what Paruru and Sayanee will do, though 8D

And... NOOOOO JURIMAYU XDDDDD; Poor Yuki has to stay at the bed when that happebed XD

And baka Kuumin xD

Ohhh finally new development: mutation! Flying creatures are always the most troublesome monsters in game, hopefully nothing bad will happen to Mariko during mission :/

Thanks for the update! :D
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »
WOW. Jurina. GO GO GO. **. Ah yay, Oopsie, I'm a Mayuki shipper...

But...

Go Jurina, I want JuriMayu *w*.

Poor Kuumin XD They're so cute together.

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
I'll respond to you all personally in an appropriately and proper manner later when I update this fiction again in the near future, but I will answer the two questions pertaining to both the creature and the YuiRie 'confession.'

1. I guess it's somewhat a little confusing with how I type (I apologize. I'm not a romance-writer expert), but YuiRie actually isn't official at the moment. They both are simply expressing the strong friendship they are having with each other. (or maybe friendzoned?!) :sweatdrop: So yes, let the speculation of more confusing pairings of SayaYui (or Yokoyamamoto), YuiRie, and YuiParu remain. :nervous

2. Those flying creatures... I actually just made it up on the spot. :nervous There is no name for it, so I'll just go and dig something out from Google or whatever, LOL.

Thanks for taking the time to read and follow this fiction! I'll try to get another chapter in soon! :deco:

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline millca

• ecchi
  • Is this the reality that you wanted?
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »
My heart kinda break at YuiRie's scene at the rooftop.haha! I'm still holding strong in my YuiParu ship.XDD  :bleed eyes:

And JuriMayu scene is unexpected, since in the previous chapters, it seems that Mayu showed interest in Yuki. oh well.  :oops:

And I hope there'll be Kojiyuu next update. haha! since yuko just returned at the base  :twothumbs  :lol:

anways, please update soon! :D

♥ YuiParu ♥ KojiYuu ♥ AtsuYuu ♥ SaeYuki ♥ SaeRena ♥ JuriMayu ♥ MomooHarem ♥

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »
MEE TOOOOO MAYUKI AND W MATSUI OR SAYANEE MORE

Offline Terragen

• If you love me Why'd you let me go?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • You might be a big fish In a little pond
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2013, 07:46:12 AM »
lol yuki you should going to look at mayu's bacause jurina monopolized your mayu,dont loose to jurina! be the winner!! yeah

Lovers, keep on the road you're on
Runners, until the race is run
Soldiers, you've got to soldier on
Sometimes even right is wrong
[/color]

Offline mitsuhara_itsuko

• Member+
  • Bisu is love~
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2013, 01:25:07 PM »
I'm starting to miss this fic X3 ... pls update soon X3
hallo ... ds is ket

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
^not just you but i'm kind of enjoying flutist-san one shot kekeke...just be patient and enjoy all the update

Offline mitsuhara_itsuko

• Member+
  • Bisu is love~
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »
ok then v w v
hallo ... ds is ket

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2013, 02:03:07 AM »
[Replies]

@mayuki_daisuki: Indeed Yukirin wanted to see Mayu, but what could she do now that she's forced to be staying put in bed by Doctor Kojima? :bigdeal:

@Shinoki: Don't worry about not knowing how to comment. One worded comment or whatever fits your boat is fine by me. And Kanon does need to be a bit more 'dere dere' in that situation, haha~ Those new mutations are actually something I made up as I had stated earlier, so yeah. Unsure about the name right now, but maybe 'FLYING BIRD-LIKE ZOMBIES?!' :hehehe:

@cisda83: Let's hope Takamina gathers enough information to create a tactic in regards to the man! And here's the next chapter! :luvluv2:

@bunny_rabbit: As stated in my earlier post, YuiRie is NOT official, haha. So I guess keep your shipper's flag up? And yep! Not in this chapter but I'm sure in the near future (like... one or two more chapters at the least, LOL) would Yuihan being going cray cray, haha. And again, previous post explains about the new mutated creatures. :bingo:

@X_Last-Cross_X: LOL, let me just help you with the paperwork... Get you your uniform... and you'll be all set!

And so... X_Last-Cross_X was recruited to be a part of the Akihabara Elimination Force. Upon arrival did X_Last-Cross_X request to be in a mission with Captain Shinoda Mariko. At first, Minami was a little hesitant to send out a new recruit towards such mission. She could see the burning spirit and excellence in X_Last-Cross_X's abilities; thus deciding that it would be best for X_Last-Cross_X to participate.

Something like that pops into my mind. And here's the next update! :on lol:

@mitsuhara_itsuko: I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting! I could see that you wanted an update to this fiction, so here it is! And it'll be a group mission for the trolling queen, haha. It's just her and some nameless members, which... there will be a good reason to why I wanted to input it into the story like that. :sweat:

@kurogumi: ROFL, how about Rena's reaction in this chapter? :shock:

@Yuki88: I might have to do a poll to see what pairings you all want to see in this fiction. And indeed, flying creatures are always so annoying and frustrating no matter in or out of games, LOL. I'll let you ponder about Mariko in this updated chapter. :whistle:

@Llyloo: LOL! Kuminon is indeed cute together and rooting for JuriMayu, eh? :on lol:

@millca: LOL, I'm sure there will be some YuiParu scene (along with SayaYui added to the mixture, BWAHAHAHA) in the near future updates~ And love here is quite complicated! Let's see... We have Yuki wanting Mayu... Rena wanting Jurina... Yet Jurina and Mayu have already shown interest long ago... But they could have a change of heart somewhere in the future... Their relationship though are still intertwined with each other... And of course, we can't forget about adding Sae into the mix. Confusion, LOL. And there will be some Kojiyuu moments in this chapter! :stuffed:

@gek geki: Haha, then you'll probably want to wait a little bit more then. They will have their time to shine in the near future, of course. :glasses:

@Terragen: Let's see in the near future to what Yuki might do in order to gain Mayu back!.... or not, LOL? :temper:

Managed to finish this from yesterday. Now I'll be focusing on "Hidden Truth" and some OS once my workload in school starts slowing down for the weekend again. :sweatdrop: Go away you homeworks! :bow: Anyway, I'm going to add a poll to this and want to see who wants to see what pairing for the story, LOL. I kinda... don't want to disappoint my readers with an unexpected twist (even though that'll add to the excitement, I'm sure the last thing YuiParu fans want is to see SayaYui at the very end!). So feel free to vote and if there's a tie... Then after gather all of the votes, I'll be rebooting up another poll with those pairings to see if I can see the final choice before finalizing it. Other than that, if it's tied once more, I'll be using my handy dandy coin flip or something, LOL. :nervous So the poll will be up shortly after I upload this chapter!

Since I'm somewhat unsure of how to set the poll and whatever, I'll first set up the poll that focuses on Yokoyama Yui's pairings. :P

Thank you very much for taking the time to read, being patient with my updates and/or commenting/thank yous! Hope I meet your expectations! :deco:

[Chapter 18]

It was the afternoon; the sun peeking right behind the mountain. Its rays shining through every gap of the structure. Not a single cloud were to be seen in sight. The peaceful atmosphere bringing calmness to just about anyone’s soul. Temperature is neither too hot nor too cold and the weather is simply too good to experience. One would use this perfect chance to take a hike at such circumstances.

However, the sound of guns rattling off from the distance destroyed the mood.

“And… Down he goes!”

Mariko chirped out with a victory statement when her jet plane managed to shoot down one of the many infected creatures in the air. Through the glass cover, the older girl hear the inhumane shriek these vile mutated figures produced as they went spiraling down towards earth. The pilot couldn’t help but flinch at such horrific sound. Hearing it loud and clear made her shudder with discomfort.

Rolling the plane and flipping it around so she was flying at the opposite direction, Mariko squinted her eyes behind the dark goggles within her piloting mask and helmet. Inhaling and exhaling loudly through her oxygen mask, she leaned back in her seat. Black gloved hands were gripping ahold of the two handles of the black-colored wheels; occasionally pressing her thumbs at the red buttons on the top in order to send out bullets. From her view, she could observe the setting around her flying vehicle. High up in the air, there was a rush of adrenaline when another swarm of those foul creatures came into her group’s direction. Both sides of her plane was shortly accompanied with a pair of pilots ready to attack head on with Mariko.

“Looks like we need to be careful,” Mariko heard one of the member’s voice crack through the headsets within her mask. There was a faint chuckle from the tall figure. “I agree. Let’s have three of us be at the frontline as the other five pilots follow right behind as backup.”

Members all spoke ‘hai!’ in agreement to their captain’s plan. Going along with her tactics, they all flew right into the mist of the charging swarm. As they were approaching close to their targets, screeches and caws were heard from the mutated X-Virus victims. Their disfigured wings flapping rapidly, they too were prepared for the comings of the plane.

Some of the bird-like zombies were littered with bullets; dropping down from the sky like flies killed from pesticides. And a few of them were being chased by newly joined jets; targeted with honing missile. It spurred a reaction from the swarm. This angered them for they weren’t as dumb as their previous forms. A few of them glanced at each other; huge owl-like eyes staring together. Then with a bob, their beaks opened to reveal the sharp fangs that would shred through just about anything. Wings slowed down as they remained in their position. Looking as though they were patiently waiting for the jets to come right at them.

One of the two planes by Mariko’s sides decided to be reckless and sped up faster than the two. The captain hollered out a warning to the guilty pilot. Sadly she was ignored for the pilot ran right into one of the creatures. The tip of the plane smacked right into the center of the person. A sickening sound of crunches and screeches filled the air up. However, just when she thought she had killed the host, the infected had used its disfigured talon claws to tear right through the metal. Though it was ineffective due to the plane being sturdy thanks to Mariko’s engineer, it wasn’t its purpose to rip the ship apart. Instead it was meant to keep the zombified figure in position. Despite the pressure of the wind and speeding plane pressing against the crushing figure, it managed to rip itself off of the tip. Now free, it crawled hastily over to the very place the pilot resided in.

It didn’t take long to know what was happening next. A female scream echoed into the air right after glasses shattering. The jet was losing control fast; bringing it down towards the ground. An explosion shortly followed the instant it collided with the ground’s surface.

Mariko’s eyebrows scrunched together till creases formed on her face. There was a tinge of pity smacking right at her heart when a burst of fire erupted from the spot where the plane crashed.

“Tch. She was acting reckless and look what happened to her…”

Her eyes saw the same bird-like person return back into the air. Still injured, it had enough strength in its body to bear the pain and flap its broken wings in the air. Quickly Mariko devised a plan to instead keep distance from them and aim at the wings. “It might slow them down or even kill them. Many will die from falling at such high height.”

And so they went along with her plan once again. All of the planes in formation were shooting and targeted directly at the wings. Although a few jet planes were unfortunate to get too close to the figures; many have played it safe at the situation. Over time, when there was just about five more in the air, it looked as though they had gotten the message to why they were being eliminated so fast. It was their wings. Their wings were vital to being up in the air. Without it, they would be long gone and become a pancake easily on the ground; splattered with their own blood. Screeching, the creatures retreated.

The AEF pilots didn’t allow them to escape at all. Not one to let such vile individuals leave their sight, the fighters began to chase them down. They pressed the firing buttons and slammed their foot at the petal to burn more fuel in return for speed. Gunfire ran after them at lightning speed; killing the infected all under five minutes. When the surviving members were all sure that not a single one of those flying creatures were left, Mariko ordered them to return back to the base.

“Mission accomplished, everyone. We had lost a few lives, but without them, we wouldn’t have made it very far in this fight.”

Mumbles and grumbles were exchanged in each of the jet as they dramatically eased their speed. Flying all together in a formation that lets Mariko be the lead, they were all focused on heading back to the base. To the base and only home that they have at this predicament.

Mariko had closed her eyes, sucking in a deep breath. Her mind was wandering over to the deceased members that she had worked with for so long. A short prayer left her barely parted lips in regards to the few. She might have to request a search team to find their deceased body and give them a proper burial. Such a tragedy to lose members on this day.

Right when she reopened her eyes did something happen. A loud scream was heard through the speakers; signaling her that something was definitely amiss. Rapidly Mariko twisted her body to see her two sides to see nothing. But through her headset did she hear a low growl of some creature. And it wasn’t the same creatures that they were combating against earlier.

Even more screams rang in the air; sending chills into Mariko’s spine. Not wasting any time, she sped up and distant herself away from the group. Shortly afterward, she aggressively turned the wheel towards the left, making the entire jet flip on its side. From her viewpoint, Mariko gasped at the sight; eyes widening with mixture of shock and terror. Her heart nearly stopped in place when the figure before her eyes met its eyes with hers.

“W-What is that?!”

---------

I sat right outside to enjoy another day with Rie by my side. Sun beating down gently with its rays on us, it gave a warm, welcoming sensation. Dressed back into my military uniform, I never knew how great it feels to be back into an outfit that I’ve always worn since my enlistment. Resting my back against the wooden bench, my eyes examined the peaceful mini-park the base had to offer. Usually it would be rare for the members to have any free time to enjoy the simple yet luxurious grassy plain. And today was the perfect opportunity to reside (since I now return back into active duty). A single lake was seen right smack in the middle along with decent amount of bushes planted around the squarely-shaped area. Some fishes swam along the bank; lucky to be alive in a place where not much danger will occur.

Hands clasped together, I heard the girl nearby on my left utter, “Isn’t it beautiful?”

Whipping my head at her direction, I saw Rie staring straight ahead at the lake. Her dark eyes were fixated at the one area. It took another minute for the other girl to tear her gaze away from the lake and into my eyes. Tilting her head to the left at a slight angle, she stared directly at my own pair of eyes. And upon connection did my slow heart nearly stop in place. Trying hard not to make my cheeks heat up, I brought my right hand up to tug on my uniform’s collar.

“Are you… talking about the lake?”

“Yeah.”

“It’s… nice, I will admit.”

A small sigh heard from Rie’s direction before her gaze returned back to the lake. Eyes were once more trained at the one spot; hints of sadness were sensed behind those words. “Beauty like these are so hard to find in today’s world. Even before this entire pandemic occurred, we humans were so cruel as to erase nature’s traces just for the sake of their own greed.” Silence hanged in the air between the two of us upon finishing her statement. Every single word that she has spoken were soaked into my brain; impressing me with the wisdom beneath them. A small smile formed on my face as I lowered my hand down back to my lap; short-lived chuckle heard erupting from my throat. “The future generation can always make a difference.”

“Is that even possible though?” Rie questioned. “I mean, even if there is a few thousand of us wanting to save such beauty, there’s millions of others not caring.”

“It takes time, Kitarie…” I turned my gaze away right when the other female figure looked at my direction. Inhaling deeply, I felt all of the fresh oxygen delivered by the few, small isolated trees in the park into my respiratory system. Holding it in for a few seconds, I released all of the carbon dioxide from my body through an exhale. I closed my eyes; welcoming the darkness into my vision. “With patience, effort will be paid off.”

“You sound as though you’ve experienced that sort of situation before.”

‘With you, yes…’ I mentally commented with a hint of sadness. I knew that I haven’t gotten Rie’s love yet. Only as a friend did she recognize me as from last night. Yet I felt more towards her. All of my emotions wanted to pour out and freely express the love that I have to her. I want to hold her hands and hug her with affection. I want to be able to show her how much I really wanted her. But alas, I remained as patient as ever; knowing that it’ll take more than a while to finally get what I wanted. Shrugging my shoulders, I reopened my eyes. “There are… times in life that require me to be more than just patient to gain what I wanted…”

Rie near me opened her mouth in a small ‘o’ shape; comprehending my understanding of the situation. Returning her head to facing forward, she gently bit the bottom of her lips. “I understand. I hope you had already gotten what you wanted.”

I nearly wanted to shake my head at her response. However I didn’t show any sign of reaction towards her words. Heart clenching inside of my chest, I tried hard not to burst out my uncontrollable emotions to the girl. So I merely remained silent.

When silence returned into the air once more, I felt my muscles tense. There was… a feeling that someone… or something was watching me. No… It was watching both Rie and I. All of the hairs on the back of my neck stood as my entire body stiffened in position. Trying not to let my teammate nearby sense that something was amiss, I casually on the exterior stayed calm. On the inside though, I frantically tried to find the source of that uncomfortableness. It wasn’t danger, but just the uncomfortable feeling of being watched. Ears and nose becoming alert, it tried to pick out anything that was out of the ordinary from our surrounding. My eyes were glancing left and right of the park; examining the area with cautiousness.

“Well Yuihan,” hearing Rie speak up nearly startled me for I was so focused at finding the source of the watching individual or thing. Grasping control of my body before it decided to leap a couple inches up in the air, I shot a glance at her direction. The uniformed girl has now gotten up from her seat. Stretching her hands high up in the air, a yawn came out of her mouth. “I’ll be heading inside right now. Gotta check up with a few other members and General Takahashi.”

“R-Right… I’ll see you later then.”

Raising my left hand up to wave farewell to the girl, she returned the same treatment at me. We flashed a smile to each other. Soon I was left all alone on the bench; watching the person that I loved so much walk away and into the building. When she was out of my sight, I exhaled quietly. Closing my eyes shut, I lowered my hand back down to my lap.

“Haruka. I know you’re there. You can stop hiding now.”

It’s amazing to how I have caught Shimazaki Haruka in the area. My nose had gotten her scent and immediately told me earlier that it was the younger girl. Not surprising, but I wonder if there’s a reason to why she would be around this area without our knowledge? Just what made her come out here? Simply not wanting to interrupt the conversation between me and Rie? Whatever it was, it didn’t matter for I heard the ruffling of the bush from behind my back. Shortly after the noise was I faced with the girl.

Haruka was dressed in a much better clothing than the last time I saw her. The villager robe and pants were off of her body; now replaced with a uniform just like mine…

Wait. A uniform just like… mine?

All doubts about her reason to why she was hiding was completely eradicated for I now furrowed my brows. “Why are you wearing our uniform? Was there not enough spare clothing for you or something?”

“Actually…” Hesitation. I could sense the hesitation in her tiny voice. Her actions only boosted it; palm of her hands rubbing against each other nervously. Minor fidgeting was seen from my sharp vision. When my eyes met with hers up above, Haruka instantly flicked it to the side. Trying to avoid looking at anywhere but my face. The figure finally gave me the answer that I was somewhat surprised with. “I was… recruited by Takahashi-san to be a part of the Akihabara Elimination Force.”

I swear to God that if this was a cartoon, my eyes would’ve bulged and possibly even dropped out of its sockets. Shocked, my eyes widen as mouth dropped open; gawking. Quickly clamping it shut, I shook my head rapidly. “T-This is… news to me.” I stopped shaking my head and stared at Haruka. “Why would Takamina need you in the group? I’m not trying to sound mean, but…”

“It’s okay, Yui. I have to stay by your side anyway. Without me… You wouldn’t last long.”

She was right. Without her around me to keep in check with the seal… I would be long gone and murder everyone that I have loved. My left hand ran up to my chest and gripped the center of my uniform’s clothing; crumpling the one section. I just wanted to tear this seal and all of the vampire’s traces out of my body. Even thinking about wanting to get rid of the mark recreated a minor burning sensation.

I gulped, feeling a little guilty for burdening the younger girl. I’m not even sure if Haruka even wanted to be a part of the military army. It’s a first time that a vampire was ever recruited by the general… Usually all of the residents are humankinds, so it worries me slightly.

“I… I know that, but do you really want to do this? I mean, being a part of the army…”

“Yeah, I don’t mind.”

“But you do know that you’ll be in grave danger with every passing minute here in the building. Living life as a member isn’t all fun and games.”

“I completely understand that, Yui and I do know what I’m up to.”

I wanted to argue back. I wanted to tell Haruka that it would be wise to step out of the position and return back to her normal life. Even if she wanted to help me, she doesn’t have to take it as far as gaining a spot in the force. I don’t want to have anyone get hurt just because of me. But from what I’m seeing, Haruka before me is standing confidently with her decision. Deep in her eyes when our eyes finally fixated upon each other, I see the burning energy to be a part of the group. Taking a deep breath, I pushed myself off from the bench.

Haruka had to back up a few steps in order to give me enough room to stand up. Now standing in front of her, I raised a single eyebrow at her direction. “Are you sure you want to do this? Everything you have before in your life will be thrown away once you are committed to being in the force.”

A small pause. Then an answer from Haruka.

“I… want to do this, Yui.”

“I see then...”

I wasn’t sure of what to say. I didn’t want to drag her into this mess. Haruka here had lived a peaceful life back at the village. But now that she’s committed to being a part of the force and wanting to, it doesn’t look like I can persuade her any more. Scratching the back of my head, I motioned my other hand to follow after me.

“I think we should-“ My words were interrupted the moment a wet object smacked right against my cheek. Or more like a wet, rough pink tongue that is.

I fell to my side at an unknown huge force; thankful that the grass below my figure provided a soft landing. Otherwise that would’ve ended fairly on a bad note. My hands scrambled to push away the black wolf that was slobbering my face with her licks; body was completely pinned under her strong strength of her four paws.

“Y-Yamamoto-san!?” I exclaimed with surprise at the sudden appearance of the werewolf. The licking came to a stop only to be followed by barking. Tail waggling left and right rapidly, Sayanee panted with her tongue sticking out of her opened jaw. “Yokoyama-san! We should get something to eat!”

“E-Ehhhhhhhhh?”

“Mou… I’m hungry!”

‘What’s with the attitude of this girl?’ Mentally face palming myself, from the corner of my eyes did I see Haruka stare at the two of us with disbelief. I couldn’t help but chuckle nervously at the situation. Then I tried to push Sayanee off of my body with as much strength I could muster. Which wasn’t a lot mind you. Getting the wolf off of my laying figure, I stood back up on my two feet. Brushing the dirt that had gotten on my clothing and wiping any traces of saliva on my face with a single white handkerchief from my pocket, I returned my attention to the wolf. “Do we have to go now?”

“Hai! Come on!”

“Can’t you just get it yourself?” I questioned with curiosity. “I don’t think Chef Kasai is THAT mean to reject giving you food.”

“But I don’t wanna go in there alone~”

“E-Er… Right…” Looking over at Haruka, I shrugged my shoulders. “Should we both head over and grab something to eat anyway?”

“I guess it doesn’t hurt,” she replied back to me in her usual monotone voice.

I swore that behind those words were hints of… irritation? Yeah, it was irritation I think that I had sensed from her statement. But why? Blinking a few times, I shook off the vibe that she was emitting out and extended my hand out towards her. “Then let’s go then,” I said with a small smile spreading across my face.

---------

“Nyan Nyan~ Why you no let me hug you like this~?”

“It’s because that’s not hugging.”

“Then what’s it called then?”

“CLINGING, you baka squirrel!”

Poor Haruna now has to deal with the squirrel, who has finally gotten the chance to be out of bed. Still dressed in her hospital gown, the shorter girl is following the doctor everywhere. Considering that they’re at the first floor, this means that Yuko trailed right by her side for quite a while. And quite a while it is. She was clinging onto the right arm of Haruna as the doctor’s left gripped ahold of the data she was supposed to deliver to Rino. The minor job was to be a breeze. But adding Yuko to the equation only made it complicated than ever.

Sighing, the older girl tried hard to tear her arm away from Yuko. Sadly she has failed with numerous attempts; giving up. Even with the scolding didn’t work on the shorter girl. ‘Always so persistent…’ Haruna groaned within her head mentally.

As they walked, she accidentally bumped into an individual. Thanks to bumping into that figure roughly, all of her papers flew out of her loose grip. It almost felt as though time had slowed down for the taller girl. The doctor’s eyes widen with horror at such crisis being created right before her eyes.

“A-AH! My papers!”

The other figure, who was another female with short black hair cut too was startled out of her wits with the ordeal. Both of her hands were waving left and right in the air quickly when she realized what had happened. “G-Gomenasai! Here, let me help you!”

The two figures now were down on the ground, gathering all of the papers up that scattered all over the floor. Soon they were joined with another tall individual that Haruna also did not recognize. Yuko jumped in and having four people pick up the papers, it took less than a minute to put them back into the doctor’s hand. Haruna surely was thankful that they were willing to help pick up the papers for her; saving not only her time but also backbone. (Which she was truly grateful for.)

“Arigatou gozaimasu for helping me retrieve the papers,” she thanked them with a bow of her upper body. The two tall figures in front of her bobbed their heads. “Glad to be of help. It’s my fault that it happened, so I’m sorry once again,” the girl that had crashed into Haruna apologized once more.

Returning a smile, it soon transformed into a thin line when Haruna realized she has never seen the two girls before. Despite being an airhead, this girl surely knows who comes into the building. Even if it only happened once, the doctor would’ve kept note in her head about this. Raising both of her brows, she then asked, “Ano… If you don’t mind me asking, but I’ve never seen you both before. Are you looking for something or someone?”

One of the two girls blinked dumbly for a brief moment. It took some time for the two tall girls to realize that they weren’t known well here at the base.

“O-Oh dear! First crashing and now forgetting to introduce myself? I’m totally out of it, but I’m Miyazawa Sae and this here is Akimoto Sayaka,” the ikemen girl introduced with an imaginary sweat drop easily imagined on the top corner of her head. The other taller girl, Sayaka, stood right by her side with a single nod. “We’re here to look for Takahashi Minami.”

“That midget?” Yuko spoke out with an exaggerated expression. “Ah, that Bakamina always seems to be having new guests come in these days…”

Both Sae and Sayaka were confused with the term ‘Bakamina.’ Raising a single eyebrow, Sae then asked, “Who is ‘Bakamina’ if I may ask?”

There was a faint chuckle-no. Not even faint. A chuckle that wasn’t even bothered to be covered up from the squirrel herself. Then bursting out into a fit of laughter, it startled the light vampire and werewolf of such reaction. ‘D-Did I say something funny?’ Sae wondered to herself as they continued to watch with disbelief. Yuko had to hold onto her stomach with both of her hands while complaining about minor aches with her previous injuries; earning a scolding from the doctor.

“I see that Oshima Yuko here clearly likes to confuse our guests, neh?”

The booming voice from behind the shorter girl made her straighten up faster than you can say ‘what’. Entire body stiffening in one spot, Yuko cheaply rotated her head around like a robot. A cheesy smile flashed at the general that stood right behind her. Arms crossed with an unsatisfied look, Minami was not impressed with Yuko’s attitude. Raising up her hand in the air, Yuko then softly said, “Y-Yo… hehe…”

Minami shot a fierce glance at Haruna. “Take the squirrel away please.” And so was the airhead doctor happy to take Yuko away. It didn’t even take a minute for the two figures to disappear from their sight.

Sighing, the other shorter girl faced the two tall figures. “I presume that you are… Akimoto Sayaka and Miyazawa Sae?”

“Hai,” they both responded in unison. Nodding her head in understanding, Minami focused her entire attention at them. “We haven't met before, but I'm Takahashi Minami. As much as I want to have a proper introduction, you do know the reason why I called for you both, yes?”

Another nod but this time from the other girls. Now seeing that they have understood the situation, the general urged them to enter with her into the elevator. “We have much to discuss about with Kashiwagi Yuzi. There's not much time to waste.”

----------

Yuki was found to be still bedridden to her dismay. And there was Rena right next to her, keeping an eye on her closest friend from becoming reckless. Every single time the raven haired girl attempted to trick the other girl, Rena was far too fast to let her slip by. Which annoyed her greatly. Even though the wires were out of her body and only an IV fluid was attached to her wrist, she still was unable to gain the situation to her favor. Grumbling under her breath, Yuki stared up at the ceiling’s tiles. “I want to get out of this bed and see Mayu…”

“I’m sure you’ll get a chance to once you get better,” Rena mumbled in response to Yuki’s complaint. It was becoming a little tiring to hear day and night of the other raven haired girl’s statements about wanting to dash over to Mayu’s room. As much as she understood how it feels to not know the person that you love is doing (Jurina is still inside of Mayu’s room), Rena at least has some self-control with her feelings towards the other girl. Yuki simply was far too obsessed over Mayu. Obsessed to the point it was on a ridiculous level.

Exhaling loudly, she got up from the stool. “If you want, I could check on both Mayu and Jurina if you want me to,” Rena gave out an idea.

Although Yuki really wanted to see for herself how Mayu was doing, she knew better at least than to argue with her best friend. Closing her eyes shut fast, she gave a nod as her answer. “Make sure those two aren’t doing anything weird or I’ll end up murdering Jurina-“

“Yuki, can you please tone down your violent attitude?” the other raven haired girl forced a smile at the girl in bed. Feeling the corner of her lips twitch, she tried so hard not to smack the top of Yuki’s head. “I’m sure they’re just talking to each other as usual, trust me.”

Even more grumbles were heard from her direction; making the girl roll her eyes. Shaking her head, Rena then walked over to the door. Her left hand reached out to push open the door and let her enter into the familiar sanitary hallway. However, right before she took a step out, Rena had to tell Yuki something.

“I heard that Sae is here by the way…”

“Sae?” Yuki blinked with disbelief at hearing such news. “Why is she here?”

The other girl shrugged her shoulders. “I’m not quite sure myself, but I heard from the other members that she’s going to be talking to General Takahashi along with Akimoto Sayaka.”

“So Sayaka is here too, huh?”

Silence crossed between the two mature girls. Reopening her eyes, Yuki shifted her dark pupils over to Rena’s direction. Her expression… It was a little different from before. Though her face didn’t say any emotions other than how strong she is, within her eyes was filled with a mixture of confusion and tinge of worries. “I… hope she’s not going to come and take us back home…”

Her voice sounded pained. Pained from an assumption that they were going to be depart from such place. It was unintentional that they were to come here, but this wasn’t their home at all. Their home was with Sae. Without Sae, they know for a fact that they wouldn’t be able to control their sanity and care for themselves. It’s like a mother bird watching over two adopted chicks of hers. However, this base began to grow onto them. Though they have only stayed for a limited time, it felt welcoming. Not to mention that they have the girls they have loved from afar for so long... To finally be able to be with them is something they have always wished for; hoping it would be granted soon. And the mother bird must know when to let girl of their children once they gained the feelings of independence.

Rena bit the bottom of her lip as she too felt down knowing it could happen. “I’m sure… we might be given a chance to stay. I mean, Shimazaki-san is already allowed to stay.”

“But she’s different. She’s a neutral vampire that clearly is here to protect Yokoyama-san. We both are here just because we want to be and protect the girls that we love.”

No words to say back to Yuki. Only another silence filled up the conversation between the two. Unsure of what to respond back anymore, Rena then shook her head. “I’ll speak to Takahashi-san, Sae and Sayaka about this when I see them then.” With that finally said, she took a step out of the room; leaving the other older girl isolated in the room.

Now knowing for a fact that a new breed of concern has leeched the back of her mind, Rena tried hard not to think too much about it. She could ponder over it later. Right now she is to check on both Mayu and Jurina for both Yuki and herself. Inhaling and then exhaling, Rena walked right next door to meet and greet the two girls. When she was about to knock on the door, she realized that there was whispers heard within the room. Her ears being able to pick up at least some of their words, Rena heard words like ‘love’ and ‘stop it!’ from one of the two figures. A little alarmed yet curious, she pushed open the door without making a sound; opening it just far enough to peek through it without alerting the insiders.

Her eyes nearly bulged out of its sockets when she saw what was going on in the room. And if she wasn't careful, she would've slammed the door opened, stomp into the room and tear the younger girl away from girl at bed.

Jurina was kneeling down on the ground with her face directly in front of Mayu. And directly in front of the girl that was still in bed was their lips connecting with each other. The kiss wasn’t long, but it was enough for Rena’s heart to be heard shattering in her internal world. Gulping down her growing aches, Rena watched long enough for the two young girls to separate.

“I really love you so much, Mayuyu…” Jurina softly whispered as she brushed a stray strand of Mayu’s black hair. The cyborg girl rolled her eyes and mumbled incoherently; blushing to express that she wasn’t rejecting Jurina’s confession towards her. “Daisuki~”

“D-Daisuki… to you too…” the other girl mumbled while trying to hide her face with her own pair of hands. That failed though when Jurina grabbed ahold of her wrists and lowered them back down to her sides. The dimpled grin that formed on the puppy’s face showed how much joy she felt within her heart.

That was when Rena couldn’t go on anymore. Backing away with a horrified expression plastered on her face, it took a good while to wipe its trace. She clenched her jaw tightly; trying to erase the image of the two girls proclaiming their love freely to each other. Rena wanted to do that to Jurina. She wanted to love Jurina and tell her how much she herself has loved the girl. But now that the girl had expressed her feelings towards Mayu… what could she do now?

Of course. Her battle… She knew that her battle wasn’t over. It was only getting longer and harder. But Rena will try. She will try to gain the attention of Jurina back from Mayu. She will make sure to convince the girl that she should’ve chosen Rena. She will be sure to be the very person to be girlfriend’s with Jurina.

‘I have to hide this from Yukirin…’ Rena knows for a fact that if Yuki caught a whiff of this ordeal, boy would that girl go batshit crazy. Thinking about it even made this girl shudder with fear. The last time Yuki went crazy in regards to her emotions was about her older brother. And never did Rena ever want herself and anyone to see that side of the older girl. A plan and lie was formulated through her head as she slowly returned back to the room Yuki resides in.

----------

Plane parts were scattered all over the place. Some were stabbed into the earth’s ground; some were burnt to the point it can’t even be called a mechanical system of the plan; some were hanging from the treetop; some were disintegrated and gone for good. Flames and smoke filled the entire area; making it difficult for anybody to walk in at such choking atmosphere. Stench of dead corpses flew up in the air accompanied by the burning tree barks. Wild animals who were unlucky to be caught at such crisis were dashing all over the place frantically. Many trying to escape from the fiery hot environment.

Panting was heard from the distance. The ragged panting sound that clearly showed how tired the individual was. That figure was Mariko, who was limping away from the scene left behind. The captain was badly injured with her right hand holding deathly of her left arm. Blood was trickling down from within her long sleeves on the same arm and down her fingers. They were also trailing down from the right corner of her head; all of the mask and helmet thrown off from earlier. Its droplets were running down on her chin and falling upon the tattered, torn uniform. Black smog were here and there on her exposed skin. So much blood being lost that it’s a surprise Mariko managed to get out of the situation alive.

She grunted when her legs nearly gave way under her weight. ‘Can’t give… up!’ Mariko knew that all of her transmitters and electronics were gone on her body. Not to mention she didn’t have a single weapon on her, so she would be in big trouble if any sort of enemies came up to her face. Weakened and defenseless, her only hope is to return back to the base and fast. And since the force’s center wasn’t too far from where she had crashed, Mariko could estimate that before nightfall if she’s lucky would she make it. Flinching at the sharp stabbing pain, one of her eyes instinctively squeezed shut.

‘That… creature… I’ve never seen it… before in my life…’

The creature… The creature that she had seen was more than just inhumane. It was beyond inhumane. The humongous monstrous creature that was half the size of the jet plane had leapt up in the air to smash down their vehicles. Growls and howls that resembled a broken record of a male’s voice echoed into their ears; bringing down its huge, disfigured fist upon the engines and wings.

Whatever it was, it was something no one had ever seen in their life. And no one knew what its purpose was.

Next chapter will focus on Yuki's and Rena's dark, mysterious past~ And there will be a bit of Saeyaka and SayaYui moments. ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:09:22 AM by LoyalFlutist »

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Virus [Multiple Pairings] - Chapter 18 [Update 09/03/13]
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2013, 02:11:06 AM »
They are going to be on lots of trouble...

The viruses created more and more horrible enemies to fight against...

What's going to happen to them next?

Would Mariko be able to gain any knowledge on this new development...?

Can't wait to see next

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Goodbye_Charmy