JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Azayaka na Satsujin

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 757774 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2009, 11:04:40 AM »
Sweet! This is another movie than the one with Ijiri, right?

edit: ahh, guess not. I knew two movies would be too good to be true. Well, still awesome!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:18:53 AM by BarrieV »

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2009, 07:16:03 AM »
Yup, lots of stuff going on in the Idoling!!! world right now... Tonooka has a movie... Yazawa's in a wacky new show... Endo and Tonooka are plugging 30 Days of Night... Of course, for a bit more info on the other stuff, check out Acchi Muite Pie!!!

There, you will also find a news post about Idoling!!!'s 6th live, which will feature a live backing band performing with the group! In addition to the professional band, this concert series will have some performances by a band consisting of Mai Endo, Rurika Yokoyama, Yui Kawamura, Ami Kikuchi, and Yurika Tachibana!

This news brought tears to my eyes. I have been waiting so long for them to utilize the musical talents of the Idoling!!! members, and now it's almost here. Plus, we get to hear Idoling!!!'s songs performed with live instruments. I've always been a big fan of having live bands play the music at concerts. It gives the songs a different sound and makes the experience much less like listening to a recorded track.

I know some people will wonder why I'm making such a big deal out of a live band considering that lots of other performers have live bands... In my opinion, when you have a typically happy and cute group like Idoling!!! and have them do something really cool, it's much more enjoyable and entertaining then watching someone who does that stuff all the time. It's that combo of cute people doing really cool stuff that wins me over every time. Some Idoling!!! fans may remember how much I loved the dance battle from Idoling!!!'s 2nd live. :D

I think, if executed well, this could be Idoling!!!'s best live by far. :twothumbs

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »
Cool news indeed! A live band always brings something extra  :)

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2009, 06:59:27 AM »
I've always been wondering when are they going to put Endou Mai's talent into show, finally the time has come. This will be awesome.

I'm wondering though, is there any recording for the song PuyoIdoling or something? Something that Aoki Sayaka wrote for them during last August, apparently it was performed last August too. Hii-chan did mentioned about it.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2009, 09:41:55 AM »
I'm going to the performance on the 22th so I'm pumped about the live bands. I don't really see a reason for them to have two keyboards, though.

Anyway, I was able to to attend another shooting yesterday, 3 more episodes. They had us waiting for approximately 2 hours not doing much, but it was worth it in the end with a worthwhile dokkiri. They really go all out with the small details even backstage to make it successful. :lol: Also, as I mentioned last time they really are shooting the episodes in the wrong order, to be more precise I saw the shootings for #551, #555 plus another one we didn't get details for.

During the first shooting Amimi was doing the intro for uRa Idoling!!! and insisted on the audience being in it. I was sitting in the back again so I have no idea if I made it on camera, but then the quality for uRa is pretty half-bad.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »
thats really neat Ayabie, have fun during the live!

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2009, 03:00:46 PM »
Fonchi - Young Animal no.18 (2009.09.25)

:cow:

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »
Back from the concert. Kind of mixed feelings at the moment, but overall I'm still all excited and hot inside. :lol: My biggest disappointment right now is the lack of a few songs that you could clearly hear them sing during the rehearsal. To be more precise they did Omoi no Uta, Forever Remember and Koigokoro which also happen to be three of my favorite songs. The ending was also a bit half-assed. As if that wasn't enough, the announcing of the #1 Idoling!!! song poll is for tomorrow...

#1 (To be announced 9/23)
#2 Like a shooting star
#3 Lemon Drop (Idoling!!! band)
#4 Ganbare Otome
#5 Shokugyou: Idol

Now for the good points!

First of all the intro was fucking awesome. It showed the 15 of them being in a prison located on an island and each one in their personal cell, except for 4-5 of them. There's not much of a story behind it, since they basically just break out and that's it. Umeko was the only one treated as a psychopath. :lol:

Lemon Drop was pretty good. Umeko was the only one who'd never touched a guitar before, but she kept her cool (She borrowed her dad's guitar, by the way. :lol:). Maipuru and Rurika didn't fail to deliver as expected, but out of the two of them I'd have to say Rurika stood out the most with her drumming. They all performed while wearing their usual frilly stage costumes which was a nice touch. :P

Speaking of live band, they were backed up by two guitarists, a bassist, two trumpets, a sax, drums and a keyboardist. It couldn't get any better, most of the songs sounded better than usual even, but I guess the atmosphere played a big part as well. All of the performed songs were supported by the band except for Puyopuyo 7. Out of the bunch and from what I could remember I'd have to say I liked Royal Milk Girl the most, which had guest appearances by Morimoto and Hasegawa. :cow:

During the first half Masuno was doing some corner called "Idoling!!! files" where he basically introduced the girls with slogans and spoiled some latest info which had some hilarious moments. :lol: If I remember correctly it should be something like this, with some stuff I don't remember here and there:

#3: Shows no emotion, thus nicknamed the Woman of Steel. Has only showed tears once, to which she personally responded "Why is there water coming out of my eyes...?"
#6: Is going as an orthodox idol this year, as opposed to her Miraccho-like route last year. The staff don't really care anymore what she's going as, though.
#7: Weight: 2 tons. Because of her thick eyebrows she's been nicknamed "Yoshizumi" recently. (Reference: Ishihara Yoshizumi) Also, the staff have been thinking of utilizing the smell of her feet as a new punishment for the show.
#8: Dyed her hair back to black to get away from her delinquent character. According to the members she's still a delinquent but with black hair.
#9: Height: 196cm. Weight: 88kg - Rumors says a couple of scouts for some baseball teams attended today's concert.
#11: Remember Suu-chan's corner from last year where she gave people advice? Well, apparently she's keen on doing it again insistently asking the members if they have any problems they'd like resolved.
#12: Refuses to go out with members because she dislikes the train fees. Recently sent out a group mail to all 14 members asking them to lend her some CDs because she doesn't have any other friends in Tokyo. The mail had an attachment with a list of CDs.
#13: It seems like ever since Kaede joined she's been having a change in characters taking a break from Puni-puni and Oha-lucky.
#14: Lately she's been speaking in a Tokyo accent backstage. She now also has a Miyazaki-ben dictionary with her.
#15: Her favorite comedic duo lately is Fruits Punch.
#16: For some reason she had Kadosawa smell her feet.
#17: Has been cold towards Masuno lately. Masuno explained her attitude as a teenager in puberty being cold towards her dad.
#19: Her appeal goes down if she gets her face wet, i.e without make-up.
#20: Professional ass-licker. It's been exposed that a lot of her ass-licking are lies, such as her "When I sit beside Amimi my heart starts to pound" towards Kikuchi Ami.
#21: Looks down upon Kawamura and Fonchi, calling them "Umeko" and "Fonchi" respectively.

Possible incomplete setlist:

Quote from: Ya! O!! ng!! 20090922
(Opening VTR)

01 Mujouken Koufuku
02 Soushoku-kei Carnival草食系
03 Tokimeki DREAMingときドリ

MC - Member introductions, everyone had their own theme song

04 Hyakkaryoutan Idoling!!!

Idoling!!! File #1

05 Houkago Telepathy

Idoling!!! File #2

06 Hannin wa Anata Desu // Furifuri Idoling!!!

Idoling!!! File #3

07 U

MC - Band introduction

08 Royal Milk Girl (w/ Morimoto, Hasegawa)

MC - Maipuru & Suu-chan

09 Love Magic Fever // Puyopuyo Idoling!!!

Idoling!!! Song Poll Top 5
10 Shokugyou: Idol (#5)
11 Ganbare Otome (Warai) (#4)
12 Lemon Drop (Idoling!!! band) (#3)
13 Like a shooting star (#2)

Encore

14 Kimi ga Suki
15 Moteki no Uta

Ah well, the more I recall and write about this the more depressed I get knowing I'll be missing out on tomorrow. :lol: Let's hope there won't be any announcements. Anyway, there's probably something I've missed but this concludes my report for now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:43:48 PM by Ayabie »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2009, 01:44:35 AM »
From Nikki earlier today: 9 17 15? - And with Lawson screwing up we now also know they're performing at Yoyogi Taiikukan 11/1.

The numbers are out of order so it's probably not an indication of whom's graduating. Speculations say that they indicate the roster lineup: 9 --(2nd gen. join, minus Maia)--> 17 --(5 graduations + 3rd gen.)--> 15

...which leaves us to think they'll either announce a 4th gen. joining or current members leaving today or at Yoyogi

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2009, 05:46:01 AM »
I know this is completely unrelated, but I just have to mention that I absolutely loved the Buzzer Beat-ng thing they did on last week's Idoling!!! Nikki. It's the only drama I've been watching this season, so I found Idoling!!!'s version hilarious. :lol: Anyway...

Thanks for the awesome report, Ayabie! Sounds like this concert was a blast. I hope it shows up on Fuji TV On Demand soon. ;)

It seems like someone at Fuji TV made a mistake and accidentally put this up a bit early:

Idoling!!! 4th gen auditions are coming, and it seems like they'll actually be aired on TV this time. XD

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2009, 08:15:03 AM »
I hope Tonooka stays in the group a long time.

But considering how popular she is, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for her to graduate with ease and assurance that she'll still be quite in demand.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »

Idoling!!! 4th gen auditions are coming, and it seems like they'll actually be aired on TV this time. XD

That was the big announcement today. The 4th gen. members will be joining next year in April, so the current lineup is safe until then. :lol:

http://natalie.mu/news/show/id/21532

Edit: #1 was Snow Celebration, by the way! :cow:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:47:59 PM by Ayabie »

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2009, 08:18:46 PM »
ZOMG! Fonchi's 1st image DVD was uberhot, this also looks very promising!!  :shocked :w00t: :cow:

Offline Marian

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 부기맨
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2009, 11:08:40 AM »

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2009, 12:59:49 AM »
アイドリング!!! - ロイヤルミルクガール in 野音

Here's our first taste of Idoling!!!'s 6th live. I really hope this shows up somewhere soon... I don't think I've ever been this anxious to see an Idoling!!! concert. XD

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »
Some great clothing graphics from the recent summer dvd:

(I want to extend in the arch of the rainbow)

And a truly superb message:

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »
LOL, oh Erika :heart:

And that bikini/glasses pic is hawt.

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2009, 06:42:42 AM »
And don't forget to

shake your bear behind

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2009, 07:30:46 AM »
^ OH SNAP! I have that shirt :lol:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Azayaka na Satsujin