JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Sounan

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997728 times)

Offline pootsy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2900 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:27 PM »

Offline pootsy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2901 on: November 13, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »

Offline pootsy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2902 on: November 17, 2014, 01:43:03 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2903 on: November 21, 2014, 12:47:38 AM »
The recent patch for the PS3 version of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare has broken the multiplayer. When I go online and join a match it locks up my PS3. It's not just me either, I've seen a good number of people reporting the same thing.

With the recent and ongoing technical issues that's happened to COD, AC:Unity, Halo:Master Chief Collection, Driveclub, The Evil Within, PES 2015 multiplayer and Battlefield 4, it makes for a very strange year where some of the biggest releases are brought out in a mess that wouldn't have gone past testing or certification unless they were rushed to meet a deadline. I would much rather wait for a complete, working game than have something that's rushed and I can't even play without downloading a multi gig patch when I first load it up. How do these games even get past Sony or Microsoft's approval in such a state? In some cases, people have paid full money and one of the basic modes of the game doesn't even work. It's ridiculous. People need to start voting with their wallets and not opt to pre order games or buy on day one, otherwise companies are just gonna keep on doing this as apparently nobody is holding them to task. Think Ubisoft's shareholders are complaining when despite all of it's reported issues, AC Unity ends up selling more than Black Flag on it's first week due to some very good marketing? I very much doubt it.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2904 on: November 21, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »
I've finally spent some time on indies :D ;

Gone Home, I thought, was brilliantly made and made me emotional. It doesn't exactly have replay value, but I was glad to experience it :3

Thomas Was Alone was such a lovely, cute, fun game where the puzzle difficulty changed strangely, but considering I was able to finish it it wasn't too difficult LOL. But I don't think it has immediate replay value, either.

I tried The Bridge for a while, but I didn't really like it. I didn't feel like I was learning to be better or learning what I'm supposed to do; more like I'd just die, rewind, die, rewind, then eventually get through, but didn't feel like I had achieved anything at all. So I uninstalled that one.

Papers, Please I am currently addicted to. I've 'finished' the game in many ways already from just one game, since after an ending you can choose an earlier day to try again or try another solution. But my current game I had to start again from beginning to avoid early on things that could end up me getting in trouble (I'm trying to unlock the endless game mode lol). Anyway who knew that a game where you are an immigration officer could be so damn addictive! lol
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2905 on: November 23, 2014, 02:03:35 AM »
Finished the story for COD:AW. Here's my official review.

You didn't get to fight Kevin Spacey in a mech suit.

0/10 would not play again

Offline etranger01

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • alpha to omega & lambda for mame
« Reply #2906 on: November 25, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »
awesome video documentary about GTA 5's sealife! 5 star*****

もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰のファンだったのだろう。
もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰の曲を口ずさんでいたのだろう。

藤代冥砂

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2907 on: November 25, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »
lol i ghetto rigged my own gaming chair   XD i fastened the subwoofer from a 2.1 computer speaker set to the back of my chair, and plugged it in to the headphone output from my turtle beach wireless transmitter (which has the tv's audio running through it) so whether i'm playing a game or watching tv i can feel it as well as hear it...it's totally ghetto lol but it works  :rofl:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2908 on: December 03, 2014, 12:41:16 AM »
broke my frag fx shark controller  :angry: so now i've got to get re-adjusted to using the razer sabertooth

also bought gran turismo 6 for 20 bucks via playstation store - taking forever to download & install  :sweatdrop:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:51:18 AM by john_hung »

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2909 on: December 03, 2014, 09:40:46 PM »
I may come as a sorta rarity on this thread, but not only I haven't gotten Dragon Age Inquisition yet, I've never played a Dragon Age games before, not even Origins :nervous

So I got 2 questions about Dragon Age: Origins

1)Heard it's based on a tactical-battle mechanic rather than real-time like many other RPGs (at least on PC), question is is that mechanic complex micromanagement?
2)What's the easy class for a beginner dipping his toes wet for the 1st time?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2910 on: December 06, 2014, 09:56:52 PM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2911 on: December 07, 2014, 07:13:28 AM »
I may come as a sorta rarity on this thread, but not only I haven't gotten Dragon Age Inquisition yet, I've never played a Dragon Age games before, not even Origins :nervous

So I got 2 questions about Dragon Age: Origins

1)Heard it's based on a tactical-battle mechanic rather than real-time like many other RPGs (at least on PC), question is is that mechanic complex micromanagement?
2)What's the easy class for a beginner dipping his toes wet for the 1st time?

1.  It's somewhat tactical-based since you can pause the battle and set up how and who to attack with the characters you control (your PC and companions).  Depending on which class you decide to play, you'll either be dealing with a handful of skills to a crapload of skills and spells to use at your disposal.  You can also do this in real-time too.  Overall, the battle is very slow for low-level characters since everybody involved in battle is taking turns throwing one hit at a time.  If your Dexterity is low, you won't hit shit which is really frustrating during large battles.  I think as far as total time is concerned (I think I spent like 40-50 hours completing main game and the expansions), a percentage of that is spent on the slow-paced combat.

2.  Easiest class = Warrior.  For the most part, it's just a point-and-click class with some skills that you can use when you invest in them.  Plus, you can start out with a decent amount of health and strength which can overcome the what I mentioned above.

Overall, I would say that Dragon Age 2 is the better of the pre-Inquisition games since the combat is sped up and you can actually still land some hits with low Dexterity.  However, the story for DA2 isn't worth playing unless you play DA:O + expansions (the choices you make have an effect in DA2 which can make the game a little more interesting).
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2913 on: December 13, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »
I just completed a mission in Hitman 2, only killing my 2 contract targets in this mission in a way I can only describe as "pretty badass". The mission was in St Petersburg, where I had to take out two generals meeting in a park. The agency dropped off a sniper rifle, a silenced pistol and a car bomb for me to use. I picked them up and snuck under the sewers as the targets arrived. Sure enough, I work through the sewers and come out on one end in an alleyway, as the limo driver was reliving himself. I knocked him out and stole his clothes, allowing me to get up to the limo and plant the bomb. I then picked up the rifle I dropped in the alley and made my way to the cathedral. I killed one of the targets from a distance and the other ran to the limo to escape. Only when he opened the door, the car blew up. I quickly made it out of there, killing nobody else other than those two.

I can now see why people would like the Assassins Creed series to take this approach to it's mission design. I think it's really cool how they just give you a selection of weapons and items at the start of a level, a big wide open area to use and they just practically say "go figure it out". Admittedly it takes a bit of trial and error to get that Silent Assassin ranking as you have to be perfect and there's no way you can learn patrol routes, enemy behaviour, events that trigger patrol routes or actions etc on your first try, you really can't. But figuring it out is part of the fun to me and to get that Silent Assassin ranking is very satisfying. It almost feels more like a puzzle game. Really interested to see how the rest of the game turns out as well as Contracts and Blood Money as I hear they're even better.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2914 on: December 13, 2014, 10:38:33 PM »
^ I'm now checking out some Hitman Let's Play - you made it sound like something I'd love to watch someone do well :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2915 on: December 20, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
^ I bet there's some great playthroughs on Youtube from pro people at the game which are awesome to watch. You would hate watching me play it as I try to figure out the most silent approach :lol: I say that because to get the best ranking usually requires you to act on certain scripted moments and enemy patrols, which can be fine to play as you're figuring it out and planning in your head, but I can imagine being pretty boring to watch as I wait patiently and die a lot haha. The pay off is worth it though. I've had a lot of 'Holy crap that was badass' moments from playing. Sadly, the missions in Japan are a huge let down. Half of them don't require you to assassinate anyone, but is purely a run from A to B mission, trying to avoid guards along the way but you can't do that in this open field and there are snipers everywhere. I was vindicated somewhat from reading Youtube comments saying that they were the worst missions in the entire series. So hopefully it should be back uphill from here. I'm in Kuala Lumpur now and thankfully this is a proper Hitman mission which is cool.

Speaking of badass, I think I'll just give up on Advanced Warfare and stick with Battlefield 3. Not only is it lag free and has balanced weapons like the former (seriously, it's pretty ridiculous that only one assault rifle is used by everyone because it's so good, or all sniper rifles are one hit kills which lead to people jumping about the map using a sniper rifle at close range), but after coming back to it in a while, I'm amazed how each online game has the capacity to still surprise me. There's few shooters out there which require you to maintain and hold down a position in order to repel enemy forces and even retreat once bigger numbers come out and you see their tanks rolling in and firing on you. As I was making wild shots in the enemy direction I retreated as bullets, shells and mortar fire went off all around me and it honestly felt like a scripted moment from a single player campaign, or something you would see in those heavily scripted multiplayer demos from E3. It's happened more than once too. I remember me and a teammate were trading fire across a street to the enemy and we stayed down as more enemies came to lend their team support. Then I noticed one of ours sneaking up in front, throwing some C4 on the wall they were using as cover, blowing it up and admist the brief confusion they had, we all stood up and just shot at them, killing them all. It's so goddamn cool. It's also incredibly stable, satisfying to play, still gorgeous to look at, sounds amazing, varied, huge...I think it might be my favourite online shooter of all time.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2916 on: December 20, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »
My mom just bought a PS4. That shit is sleek. But it's not backwards compatible with PS3 games or something? That blows.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2917 on: December 20, 2014, 11:04:55 PM »
You can rent your old PS3 games for $30 for 30 days (not even a joke, lol)

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #2918 on: December 21, 2014, 04:10:12 AM »
Yeah, the whole backwards compatibility thing on PS4 is a joke. Isn't XBox One similar? I could be wrong....

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2919 on: December 21, 2014, 07:48:06 AM »
^ Xbox One has the same problem.

Both systems at one time I think promised a streaming service to play your older games, the one for the Xbox One seems to be on the way.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Sounan