JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Wo Ai Ni Na Me Duo - I Love You So Much

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305964 times)

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »
First of all I wanna thank all the authors and the readers. You guys have done a great job making this forum one of the most active sub-forums of JPH!P. Personally I don't read fanfics (cause I'm lazy an' shit) but I still respect your hustle a lot. 20 000 posts & 300 threads is one helluva achievement. GJ!

AWWWWWW thanks  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I really appreciate your post. I'm sure you boosted all of us with that right there ^_^

There is one thing about this forum that never ceases to amaze me. I have been scratching my head wondering how the hell did this place become so popular. To be honest we have been neglecting this part of the forum and we have never advertised it anywhere. For instance I have never even seen most of y'all because I really rarely visit this section. So I wanna give huge props to everyone who has been spreading the word and pimpin' this place. We have the best street team ever!

Yeah, I don't think i've ever posted outside of this forum section ^^; , i really should try to post more out side of here... the place where the reality of H!P kicks in  :ph43r: . The FanFic section does tend to be all in a world of it's own ^^; . We really kinda do tend to go by our own rules here (while still going by JPHIPs general rules) BTW, You answered your own question... the reason this place became so popular is because you have the best street team ever! So many talented authors co-exist here!!! It's awesome! The readers are equally as awesome too (specially those who post comments ^_^)

You guys probably don't know this but a couple of years ago we actually considered killing the Fanfic-forum because it was inactive. For some reason (I don't even remember why) we decided to give it another chance and it seems like we made the right decision XD

That almost killed me  :shock:! Good thing you didn't!!!!!!!! Wow... I don't wanna even think about it. This forum section can almost be called revolutionary (or maybe only I feel that way heehee)

By the way, if you have any ideas how to make this forum even better, let us know :)

Can't think of any right now ^^; but if I do, I know who to conctact  :cow:

Ps. we have a cool contest coming up soon.....

Do tell!!!
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2008, 10:23:03 AM »
Thank god this section didn't close down..I was googling for H!P fanfics a day because I wanted to read and write and I found this place :grin: I like how this forum grants a sub-section for H!P fanfics. Thank you! :wub:

Contest? That sounds cool~hopefully, it will make this place ever more active~ :D

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2008, 03:41:05 AM »
This section was what got me into JPH!P in the first place, too! So I agree that it was a good investment (so to speak) to keep it.
First of all I wanna thank all the authors and the readers. You guys have done a great job making this forum one of the most active sub-forums of JPH!P. Personally I don't read fanfics (cause I'm lazy an' shit) but I still respect your hustle a lot. 20 000 posts & 300 threads is one helluva achievement. GJ!

Domo, ne! We try our best!

And I am intrigued about this whole contest too! Sounds fun!

Loser87

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2008, 07:37:41 AM »
haha

I rarely come out of this section too!
Though now I just lurk about =A=ll
But w/e there was time....like back when i was 16?
where I would venture out now and then lmao!

Mmmmm

I'd like to see a contest too~
I'd kick all yer asses! >:D

XDXDXD j/k j/k

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2008, 08:10:31 AM »
It's really weird that I'm about to have a LOT more free time on my hands because the school year is ending, and yet I'm still in my little slump and am less inclined to read as much as I used to. :O It's like, at the end of last Friday I had gotten through everything with the exception of  tru's "Runaway" (which, to be honest, I don't think I've checked in almost 5 days) and rokun's latest update on "The Circle."  I didn't really get to spend much time here yesterday, so I didn't actually come here to the fic section until today...where I find that another 6-8 fic threads have been updated. @_@

Man this is gonna take me longer than I thought.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2008, 09:52:02 AM »
^  JFC, maybe you're mentally exhausted  :( . If you need a break from commenting on stories, it's okay!
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »
I've seen some of the writers here post in the Say Something honest about the member above you and the Baseless rumor thread, but those times feels like aeons ago. :grin: that makes me feel old

So, I'm a 2nd Gen huh?  XD

It's really nice to see how much this section has grown since the time when I first wrote a fanfic. A lot of my memories as a HiPster belong here.

I was also in that phase where the fanfic section was the first thing I check whenever I go to JPH!P and lurked inside the whole day.

I still remember the times when I would go to work early and leaving the office late just to read the fics that I was following.

I still remember the times when I don't have anything more to comment in Our Cursed Gift because everything's been pretty much covered by the 12 commenters before me but I still had to think of something so that we'd reach Yuu's comment quota and get the next chap.

I still remember the ferris wheel, the misunderstandings and how they made up in lil_hamz's The Lines Are Blurred.

I still remember Loser87 and FIM's fanfic battle. You suggest, they write. From there, I felt that these two will be some of the benchmarks of this section.

I'm really proud of Loser87/MoMo. The first message she ever told me is that she's a newbie and she's worried about her writing style. But she's developed a lot, her works are more intricate than any story that I have read and made. And she doesn't throw a tantrum anymore if you don't update. j/k :P

I love FIM's (FeverInducedMadness) attention to details in her works. You will see why when you're reading her stories.

One of my biggest sins as a denizen of this section is probably not keeping up to date with Estrea's All Aboard. I only remember the chap where Captain gets lashed and injured. Maybe I should use company resources to print it out so I can read it as I go home ne?

I'd like to give props to Yuuyami and rokun for doing a great job in mentoring some of the other writers like MoMo, FIM, Estrea, etc. I'm sure there are a lot of writers who will be wanting your advice. :kneelbow:

A lot has changed in this section. New writers. New pairings. New fics. Heck, even the comments now are worth a good read thanks to JFC. :rockon: (magpahinga ka din Pare)

Though there are still some fics (A Fractured Tale, A Kingdom's Lament, She's DAMAN, H!P Secret Medical Files, etc.) where I'm still waiting for updates.

A lot has changed. But it will still be the "home" the writers past and present know. And it will be the home for upcoming writers as well.

I don't have the same time to write and read fics as before, but I'm really happy that a lot of new writers, as well as some of the earlier ones are keeping the fanfic section going.

Now if only the perv fic writers were just as enthusiastic... paging makistar, chera, rndmnwierd, etc...:roll:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Loser87

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »
^ You sound like a graduating member Wordy >_>...Something you tryin' to say huh?!

But overall, super sweet of you to leave such a thoughtful comment!..(Do I call you senpai now? With...all the generations we have? O_o)
I remember being in the say something honest thread o(=w=)o
To boost my post-count lmao!

But yeah a lot of new writers out here....So many newbies >_>......(j/k, j/k XDXD)

I would leave a very nice comment about how much this place is awesome and the awesome supporters and writers
And I would leave advice of how to be a better writer and blah blah blah but everything has already been pretty much said

Now if you really want an advice from me...You're gonna have to bow down to me, offer cheesecake and call me GOD! (LMAO its been a while since I did that XD)

But in all honesty, I remember coming here with a few stories here and there
And some epic ones too O_O..
Like, huge proportional epic ones (AA, OCG, Too Young, etc. etc.)

This place is like...one...Big...flat LMAO.

You see a lot of writers move in, pay rent (XDXD Stories), have parties (the readers? XD) and then just leave and disappear.
Hopefully there will be many writers, (talking to you 7th/recent gens) that will leave their mark here~

But yeah...rambled off there.
I would stay but now I gotta go to work XDXD

Good luck to y'all...I expect more from you newbies >;P

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »
My last chance to read the new chapters now (i really should be asleep) & then i'm off for a week with no fics :cry:
damn addiction! :angry: :P

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:36 PM »
^ WTF nooooooooooo ;_; you're leaving. Now I'm sad  :'( ... hope you have fun but come back soon!!!!! I'll be missing you :(
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2008, 05:50:11 PM »
If I wasn't so easily distracted, I'd have probably finished some of my older fics a month or two ago =A= Guess I'm no longer in the zone, or so to say...  :thumbdown: Ahhh well

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »
Yeaaaaah, if you haven't checked it out already

Fanfic of the Month Challenge RETURNS!!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=16376.0

Thoughts? Anticipations? :D

But with a twist. Check that URL out. Masa and me been sitting in the JPH!P Library thinking, damn - how we gonna show em love? Like Masa said, some of y'all write more in 1 post than we do in 1 year which is REAL good. the more posts, the more activity, the more worthwhile it is to keep this place going. We had to create a place for "postwhoring" to be legal. so when Estrea goes

Haha. I usually don't post unless I have something to say. I feel too jaded to be spamming my post count now. Lol.

By all means - VENT! Say what's on your mind. Big ups to those who do venture out. See my postcount? that's 15790 of my blood and sweat, and that's not including the posts I lost due to some rollback database cleaning crashing shit. Like words and Loser87, Pharadox and lollipopgirl to name a few. You never know if you just hang in the IRC for a bit, how much y'all got in common. I agree with wordsworth -- too bad the Perv Fanfics don't get as much action. Any suggestions? It might also be the seeming tide to more younger groups / fans that the Perv is getting quieter. Still, I'd still wanna see a three way with Rika, Ai, and Maki.

The funniest thing, right when we started JPH!P - the fanfic section was made cuz we got a request to place dirty stories about Yui and her boobs - and I'm pretty sure we're the only H!P based site to offer a fanfic forum, dunno if we still are cuz fuck - I don't venture outside of JPHiP.com  :lol: SO YEP!! Fanfics are pretty much the foundation as Rika's Ass.

What's even funnier? I tried to write a fanfic for the Rika Ishikawa Graduation Project as Charlie Murphy - who knows, I might finish it off for old time sake:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=415.0

EVEN more funny is my attempts at Role Playing Game - that's almost like writing a story by interactive, lotta y'all fan fic writers are there too but in case u haven't seen it, check it out:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=31.0

One thing that really intrigued me going through this thread is the "Generation" talk. Can some of y'all vets come up with a list and let's put it in the H!P Author/Reader Intro Thread.

PROPS!! And keep up the good work y'all!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2008, 04:26:34 AM »
ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNdddddd I left y'all speechless.

See Baldie, told ya they respond better to ya. :P

HEY!! Let's up the stakes, we'll throw in a mystery prize. Check HiP Joint for clues.  :mon lol:

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2008, 04:31:04 AM »
I'm here! :lol:
PRIZE?! :w00t:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2008, 06:31:08 AM »
Prize? What prize? XDDD

-groggy, just woke up- :P

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline High-King

• fanfic lurker...
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »
nice contest!!! also any recommendations on a good action piece?

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »
Quote from: dai
What's even funnier? I tried to write a fanfic for the Rika Ishikawa Graduation Project as Charlie Murphy - who knows, I might finish it off for old time sake:

Quote from: dai
ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNdddddd I left y'all speechless. 

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2008, 08:52:04 PM »
^
^Action? What kind of action? Fighting action? XD Sex action?

Um yeah. XD If it's fighting I'd say rokun's The Circle of Three has some decent ones once the plot started heating up. I'd recommend my own All Aboard for fighting scenes since I have a lot of archaic ones, but its immodest haha...and I just did it didn't I? :P

Not so sure about the rest. Drama galore, but fighting? Hmm. Define action piece first! Lol.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline High-King

• fanfic lurker...
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »
^ oh oooooooops! i mean action likes sword fighting or even          actions . i remember reading a h!p fic with monsters over at JPM i think. also i have already read all aboard. great fic. :)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2008, 02:21:36 AM »
^

Uh, Our Cursed Gift II has some pretty l33t action scenes, but it's still pretty "new" so there's not all that much yet. But later in the story, there's going to be lots of physical fights and gun fights, explosions, etc etc xDDD

One of Len.Chan's fics has l33t fighting too, I think it was called "Travel" or something? I can't remember xDDD.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:07:54 AM by Yuuyami »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Wo Ai Ni Na Me Duo - I Love You So Much