JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Sadistic Summer

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305955 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1120 on: August 30, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »
^Thanks for offering though. :heart: Haha.

Still, it'd be nice to be able to draw, but then, I know my real skill lies with words, so...>_> We take what we can get I suppose.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1121 on: August 30, 2010, 07:51:15 PM »
Ah... late post. >_< *waves hand so everyone forgets the last Essy posts*

*has no clue with people talking about other fandoms*

I've never really liked Gaki either... well that's not true. I used to like her. Just not as much anymore, at least until a short time after she chopped off her hair.

Beecubed: Yay I await you reading my stuff for epic comments! :lol: At least... if it meets your standards of approval. :ph43r: If you're just into MM... There are the older fics like Odyssey, and the only MM-only thing I'm doing right now is Kimagure Princesses. Couple other stories feature them but include the others as well. We'll get you introduced and addicted to Berryz and C-ute soon enough! :lol:

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1122 on: August 30, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »
I think that's where most people get their ideas from, rndm.   THE WORLD!

I don't think we could ever be truly original with our ideas, they're almost always based on or inspired by what we see, read, hear about around us... books, movies, a conversation with friends, anything and everything from the media.

I personally draw a lot from talking to people!

:yep: Inspiration can come from the most unlikely places sometimes too. I somehow got inspired by seeing a flower in full bloom in my backyard... Now if only my dog hadn't messed up that flower the next morning...

Daydreaming is a GODSEND. 

:shocked I love you now.  XD I don't think I've been bored since... like 1st grade. I've always had stories running through my head. I've just always refused to write any down. The good thing is that I might be able to recall some of them though and put them to use now. It's nice to daydream, but it makes it even more interesting when you have somebody to daydream with. Discussing ideas with other people would probably help with writer's block.

i also get ideas from other ppl's fics here too ^^ like my latest oneshot, for some reason i thought it's be epic to mske ai a player....no thanks to reading essy's and rokun's newest chapters

I get what you mean. Once we find something interesting, our brain likes to take hold of it and expand on it.

Oh my god you actually did exact revenge. *goggles* *horrified*

I got curious about how Sukoshi would exact revenge so I checked the comment on Gegenschein. :bleed eyes: I didn't know that spelling errors could make me twitch too. I still can't resist messing with Sukoshi's head though. The comment just became a mind game where you have to unscramble the words. Didn't it hurt to type up that comment though?

*punts Sukoshi* She's still under newbie protection.  No touch-y until...6 months later. Or less. Maybe.

It's like I have a big sister that will protect me for a while.  XD What would take me out of newbie protection early?

Can't really say anything about lurking. I'm too much of a lurker myself. I want to comment but then my hand stops before it clicks the "reply" button and sometimes my hand stops even before I log in.

It's fun to create worlds and stories. I just have issues actually getting people to picture what I see because of I fail at describing things well.
I probably could draw but I would be able to write a whole fanfic in the time it would take me to draw nicely. And this is why we have artist friends that can draw for us.  XD

We'll get you introduced and addicted to Berryz and C-ute soon enough!

:yep:  We must get more people addicted. Update soon rokun. XD

By the way, what's so bad about the current Gaki?

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1123 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:56 PM »
Gaki is actually my favorite member. Well, it's usually between her and Ai and they change number one spots constantly. 'Tis where my bias lies.

@Essy  :wub:

@rokun  So wait, you liked Gaki before, then didn't like her as much, then started liking her a bit more after she cut her hair? Or did you not like her as much after she cut her hair? :?

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1124 on: August 30, 2010, 09:52:40 PM »
@rokun  So wait, you liked Gaki before, then didn't like her as much, then started liking her a bit more after she cut her hair? Or did you not like her as much after she cut her hair? :?

:lol: I know, it's confusing, isn't it? I confuse myself sometimes...
Though I'll say the new hair didn't have a HUGE effect.

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1125 on: August 30, 2010, 10:30:53 PM »
well that explains why essy always abuses poor risa in her fics! XD well minus all aboard XD

and rokun i dont get it either....or is it like a love hate relationship? XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1126 on: August 30, 2010, 10:46:56 PM »
rokun.... You still didn't explain it to me! :frustrated: XD XD :lol:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1127 on: August 30, 2010, 10:58:13 PM »
>_< fine! :lol:

Years ago I randomly dreamed about Gaki (when I rarely had dreams involving any H!P girls), and as usual that helped in me liking her more then, but then for some reason since then (maybe since she became subleader or so) I just haven't really liked her much. Forget the short hair comment. :lol:

Don't ask me why to any of those things, cause I just don't know. XD

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1128 on: August 30, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »
i guess once the dreams stopped u stoped liking her? XDD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1129 on: August 30, 2010, 11:44:19 PM »
I guess that makes sense. I mean, you just fell out of love, it happens. *shrug*

She is quite... quirky, in a way that mostly just makes me slap my forehead and shake my head affectionately. I like that kind of innocent, crackish side of her. She has the demeanor of someone who works hard yet has known no true hardship. Who knows of the world, but hasn't experienced it. And someone who hides her ignorance of facts beautifully. :lol: She doesn't really seem snobbish, either, though I'm positive she's well-to-do. I... think about this a lot. XD

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #1130 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:43 PM »
this thread move so fast  :panic:
Good to see people here have brains and don't like Twilight. I didn't stared to read it or see the movie. I used to love Vampires (still do) so that is blasphemy for me ¬¬'
I was also surprise to see that there are a lot of straight girls how like to read or write about girl-on-girl fics. I guess, IMO I prefer see the girls with each others that any men XD

Inspiration do come from everywhere. Actually the most simple ideas can turn into a really big story, but unfortunately eve though you got the ideas is hard to put them into paper u.u'

I used to like TakaGaki. But with the Great Influx of the pairing circa 2008-2009, I lost interest the moment it became painfully mainstream. If experience in previous fandoms has taught me anything, it's that when a pairing goes mainstream, the ratio of bad stories to good ones becomes incredibly high.
That and, I never really liked Gaki, so it's hard to write about her. I'm biased. XD
:yep: Same here. There were a lot and now it's boring... not only Risa but the whole concept. But not only TakaGaki and Tanakame but GakiKame too and KameShige XD .... yeah.... :lol:

I know you took the Eri graduation news pretty hard StephanyLee, but please don't disappear forever...  :love:
Yeah, it hard but I decided I will keep here remind them people how amazing Eri is until she comes back *fist at the sky* besides I really like this forum ^^

I know you did, but I still felt bad afterwards. I just didn't think it would make you stop the whole story >.< I'm a bit of softie and I don't like making people feel bad. You might have told me that it was okay, but what if it wasn't? The fact that you stopped the story itself made me all  :cry:
Well, if it make you feel better, I stared writing again XD although I'm not sure of posting it, don't know if I'll be able to finish it. You'r critic really help me ^^

I'll have to read some of your newer AiEri stuff  :D
Well, there's only my one-shots, it's a complete different formant that Shinkirou and they're really not new but if you like it please read them *bow*

@Sukoshi I like you xD but the true is we're maybe we're not getting along LOL

I don't like Risa either and I love to say it XD. Event hough there was a time were I did, don't know what I was thinking u.u' now I find myself annoying by her.
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1131 on: August 31, 2010, 01:11:14 AM »
Ahh everyone is picking on me! How'd I get to be the center of attention?!?

照れくさい -.-;;

Dreaming of girls does seem to get me to like them more. First with Mari, then maybe with Risa, and then... Well, it goes from there. :ph43r: It's kinda funny actually. I used to find Risa really fun to write too, like back when I was writing CotD. I dunno, she just seems kinda dull and serious lately. Like whiny or something. :lol: She takes her role as subleader so responsibly... probably to compensate for Ai's "leadership" :ph43r:. Hence, why I wrote them that way in KP. :lol: That fic I'm trying to make as tied to what I observe in reality as possible.

There seems one girl like that in every group - one I don't hate, but I don't really care for either. Maybe Gaki in MM, Maasa in Berryz (although I like her more since GRAND demo ROUKA demo and the recent concert), and used to be Erika in C-ute. Now maybe Nacky fills that role? :lol: There's no one really like that in S/mileage though... yet...

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1132 on: August 31, 2010, 01:38:18 AM »
Hey everyone! Free shots at rokun! XD

You know, everyone sees the girls differently. I think that Risa and Ai both have their serious and playful moments to compliment and contradict each other, which is why I like them so much as a couple. :lol: Uh-oh, forget I mentioned the dreaded Takagaki. XD Though I definitely think that Risa is as weird as Eri sometimes and bossy most days. :lol:

But, whatever, I like her. Bi~as~!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1133 on: August 31, 2010, 03:28:34 AM »
Quote from: Estrea
*punts Sukoshi* She's still under newbie protection. XD No touch-y until...6 months later. Or less. Maybe.

Owwie.  6 months Or less. Thanks ^_-

Quote from: Tundra Wind
I got curious about how Sukoshi would exact revenge so I checked the comment on Gegenschein. :bleed eyes: I didn't know that spelling errors could make me twitch too. I still can't resist messing with Sukoshi's head though. The comment just became a mind game where you have to unscramble the words. Didn't it hurt to type up that comment though?

lol Tundra.  Sorry about the twitchy twitch but keep in mind that was me being nice.  I typed it using the most readable method, hence only the middle letters are scrambled.  True evilness comes in the form of real spelling errors.  *shudders*  When it's not systematic, it hurts the brain!   :farofflook:

But did it hurt to type?  LOL it was

:dizzy::hiakhiakhiak: at the same time

and then......this...

:on study: 

me proof-reading it for readablitiy...so sad XD

Need artists to help though. I would definitely like some artwork for the series eventually (lol, AA had fanart if I recall, and that was flattering), and it feels funny to request for it, but I have to since I can't draw for nuts. XD

*cough cough* the visual part of my brain is actually more dominant...that's why I like to draw and make videos XD   I've always wanted to draw a fluffy shoujo manga... XD  It so wouldn't go with Gegenschein though...your eyes would bleed!  XD

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1134 on: August 31, 2010, 04:08:21 AM »
@rokun You could always try redirecting the attention to somebody else (just make sure it's not me).  :lol:

I can't not like any of the girls from H!P. <- *twitch twitch*  double negative

Dreaming of the girls... I rather not have them invade my dreams. I'm actually surprised they haven't showed up in any of my dreams.

me proof-reading it for readablitiy...so sad

*twitch* This sentence....

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1135 on: August 31, 2010, 04:35:40 AM »
^exactly  :P

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1136 on: August 31, 2010, 04:48:03 AM »
*punts Sukoshi* She's still under newbie protection. XD No touch-y until...6 months later. Or less. Maybe.

Owwie.  6 months Or less. Thanks ^_-

You're welcome. XD

Oh and Sukoshi, the reason I thanked you for that comment was because...though it was evil, it was with love. :heart: Thanks for making the effort to torture me? :lol:

And this thread is moving faster than I ever remembered! This is great! :D

*punts Sukoshi* She's still under newbie protection.  No touch-y until...6 months later. Or less. Maybe.

It's like I have a big sister that will protect me for a while.  XD What would take me out of newbie protection early?

It's a secret! :lol: But I like you so I might adopt you as my new little sister. I must tell Saiks she's getting a sibling. :lol:

*randomly lobs rocks in rokun's direction* You know I love you. :heart:

XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1137 on: August 31, 2010, 06:22:17 AM »
Alright! I get a big sister :heart:

Essy-neechan, does that mean I have to lob a rock at rokun too?  XD

After hours of reading, I just read the most epic chapter ever:
Chapter 97 
The story.

:cry:  I'm moved to tears.  XD

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
« Reply #1138 on: August 31, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »
oh my god... i miss the writer cafe for a few days and i have missed too much!!!! :shocked i really need to catch up right now..... XD.... i guess you guys dont like twilight very much.... i dont like it also because i like Harry Potter more... :D....

@Tundra Wind : you got a new sister.... congratulations!!! now i'm officially jealous with you.... :P

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1139 on: August 31, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
Alright! I get a big sister :heart:

Essy-neechan, does that mean I have to lob a rock at rokun too?  XD

You can if you want to. XD Rokun is really a pushover...:lol:

Btw Tundra, you do know that being my little sister means that while I won't let anyone else pick on you, it does also mean that I get to pick on you. XD With love, of course. :P *huggles* Welcome to the family! :D

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Sadistic Summer