JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: GHA - Shinkirou Romance

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305939 times)

Offline memory

• support this forum forever!!!
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1160 on: September 02, 2010, 03:42:24 AM »
hi everyone... :D

i'm new here so i want to introduce myself to all my senpai..... XD i am memory and i love HP kids and momusu....  :heart: yoroshiku onegaishimasu... :bow:

i hope that i will be welcome here.... :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:59:08 AM by memory »

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1161 on: September 02, 2010, 04:12:11 AM »
welcome welocme~^^
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1162 on: September 02, 2010, 04:19:49 AM »
Any new BeriKyuu fan is always welcome! :D We need more of those around here...

Don't mind the Gaki supporters. :lol:

(yes, I noticed you said you like MM too :ph43r:)

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1163 on: September 02, 2010, 04:28:10 AM »
^  =_= Nothing wrong with like MM. If there were a lot of H!P kids stuff I wouldn't have anything to read. T_T

@ Rnd- lol Don't worry I'm sure there are a lot of Risa fans around here somewhere. Just like there's a crap load of TakaGaki fans. O_O

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1164 on: September 02, 2010, 05:18:57 AM »
Hi memory! :D Welcome aboard! ;)

I notice that a lot of TakaGaki fans tend to be more Gaki fans than Ai fans. Just an impression I get. I'm sure there are TakaGaki fans who like Ai more than Gaki, but most of the time it's the other way round. Interesting contrast I think. XD

Anyone have any idea why that seems to be the case? Or should I go to the pairings section and make a poll about TakaGaki fans? Hmm...

:lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #1165 on: September 02, 2010, 05:26:29 AM »
It's because Gaki is win, Essy...simple as that. :P

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1166 on: September 02, 2010, 05:28:45 AM »
^ PSSSH!! Ai is win!

I notice I'm saying that and I'm not even a Ai fangirl.  :wth XD I'm a Eri fan. TEAM KAME!!  :lol:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1167 on: September 02, 2010, 05:31:48 AM »
I think it could be evolution of both, you feel more compassion for Gaki than Ai, IMHO, although not a true TakaGaki fan (I like it, but its just even with all my fics) I feel Gaki is a more complex character

IDK I am a Gaki fan too :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1168 on: September 02, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »
Ahh it's just cause Ai is too good for Gaki and everyone (especially Ai fans) knows it. :lol: Gaki fans just want only  the best for her of course. :heart:

I may be joking. :ph43r:

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1169 on: September 02, 2010, 05:42:14 AM »
Risa is one of my favorite MM members. I can't help but love her even though she can be kind of cold sometimes. Even so, Ai is still my favorite.  :heart:

Btw, why do writers like to make their most beloved characters suffer?  XD

@Saikami XD I get another big sister?  :heart:

@Beecubed I'll be sure to spam you one day with some of my old daydreams.  :lol: They're kind of weird though since they're ideas from like grade school.

@Estrea I recommended your fic because I know you're a good writer. There's no way I would recommend your fics just because you're my new big sister.  XD

@writerjunkie I'm one of those creepy lurking people too.  XD  *shudders* horror films...

@memory  :welcome You're already on my good side by loving the H!P kids.  :yep:

@kawaii beam It's scary how fics make us crazier fangirls, isn't it?  XD

@StephanyLee I just go for anything I can see love in.  XD If the girls didn't seem to love each other so much in real life, I wouldn't care for these fanfics.  I'd be okay with seeing them with guys if I can see that there's love in the relationship.

@rokun If you ever discontinued Sword,  :smhid. I'm still crying at not being able to finish Heartbeat Tempo.  :cry: What happened to FeverInducedMadness anyways?

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #1170 on: September 02, 2010, 05:46:32 AM »
Ai's my second favorite. :lol: So I'm not saying that she's not win either. (God, that voice, that body! *_* )

I like the aspect of TakaGaki as an old married couple. XD I know, it can get boring at times...but the stability is something that I like writing, that's all. I like truly loving relationships. Hee...how lame am I. :nervous

And we like to make them suffer because it's fun. XD Or at least I think it is, sometimes. o_O

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1171 on: September 02, 2010, 05:57:56 AM »
It's because Gaki is win, Essy...simple as that. :P

Y'know, I just can't see that. XD She annoys me on a subliminal level. :lol:

Though on some level I can see why the TakaGaki pairing works. Strange thing is though, it puts Ai completely subordinate to Gaki, yet Gaki is at mercy to Ai's whims. I don't deny the interesting dynamic, but since I just can't like Gaki, I find it difficult to write it anymore. :P

^ PSSSH!! Ai is win!

I notice I'm saying that and I'm not even a Ai fangirl.  :wth XD I'm a Eri fan. TEAM KAME!!  :lol:

Thank you for defending Ai. :lol:

@kuro: Most of the time I do end up feeling sorry for Gaki, but I still can't like her. XD Must be inherent bias. Though I have the capacity to find her hot at times, and funny as well, I'm just not a fan. *shrug* She lacks something for me to really like her...

@rokun: I love you. :heart: Ai is pairable with either everyone, or none at all, depending on which school of thought you're going for. Someday I want to write an Ai/Aika mostly because Aika seems to view Ai with this...hmm, how do I put it...well, Aika feels like she wants to care for Ai. Even in that H!P ranking thing she wants Ai to be her boyfriend. :lol: Too bad Aika's page seems to be missing, so I can't see her reason why for it...anyone know where I can find it?

EDIT: I take too long to reply. @_@ Two new responses while I was typing?!

@Tundra: Because pain is love. :heart: :lol: That's why we make our favorite characters suffer just to see their reaction. I know if I liked someone I want to see them cry. o_O XD And yes, Saiks is your big sister because she's my first younger sister. Therefore now making her the middle sister in this little family. :lol:

@strawhead: See, the reason why I am not in favor of that pairing is because I prefer something with more conflict. :lol: I don't believe in stability, mostly because I haven't had a positive example to compare to. :P What I like is something either so sweet that it hurts, or so painfully tender and fragile that it could break at any moment...generally I just like work-in-progress relationships. Not that I'm throwing stones at stable ones, because stability is hard to maintain too. Just that my preference doesn't lie in that direction. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1172 on: September 02, 2010, 06:02:25 AM »
@Essy no problem I don't force people to like anybody, reason why I never stay with one coupling because I want to play around a little

@Kr3am I feel the same about TakaGaki reason why I never like to write more than one story everytime XD

Now for making characters suffer, doesn't that make the story more interesting?  I've learned that conflict creates a better story for the person who has to fight
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #1173 on: September 02, 2010, 08:18:21 AM »
yay for the Gaki not getting love  :w00t:...... xD ok no

but let's just say that I love to say it XD.. I used to like her... a lot, really... but then *start playing a heartbreaking song and change the mode to a cheesy movie* I realize that we were in different places and we want different things, we both going in different paths and I couldn't continue lying to me but I want you to know, Gaki that.. It's not you..... wait It is you! boring and I couldn't buy that sweet smile I know you, deep in your heart hate everyone. *cut the cheep scene*
I think I just don't buy her character and hate her new looks, want her awesome long hair back >.<* and I recently dream with her o.0.... serousy I wake up like I just had a nightmare XD

It seems like I don't like anything and I'm based about pairings but, seriously, I'm not xD the thing about GakiKame it's that I don't actually see them working (and this was way before my hate for Gaki) so it's just a no xD about KameShige I never actually imagine them like that o.0 I think they're really close but to the extent of just sisters love I just don't like them in that way.

Ahh it's just cause Ai is too good for Gaki and everyone (especially Ai fans) knows it.
I said this once to Beecubed ...... I always knew Ai could do so much better  :roll:.... xD

@Tundra Wind I think must of all do that... that's why my AiEri doesn't quite get any love around u.u' I wouldn't stand watching a man/h!p girl I couldn't no matter how amazingly writing is >.<*

@Estrea Ai/Aika? now that's another pairing I just can't see o.0 but if you write them I'll definitely read it.

I love angst, drama and suffering  :nervous I think is because I'm a romantic person so i believe love conquers everything xD

I once read about Ai in a relationship with a guy, probably with on of the Johnny's (don't know if i write it right) and even though Ai seems to care about him (and he was a jerk!).... WARNING: SPOILER (although I don't think it matters since is in spanish xD) Anyway..... the moment she finds out that Gaki is with Eri (because Risa has feeling for her) she realize that she had feeling for Eri! (YAY! for AiEri love  :w00t: :heart:) and that was it ¬¬* the author hasn't updated. Really rare for me reading since I can't stand reading in spanish, the writing sucks! there's nothing writing properly u.u' but there was AiEri  :wub:
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1174 on: September 02, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
@strawb3rrykream I like to make characters work for their love.  :lol: You sound sadistic too.  :twothumbs

@Estrea AikaxAi....that's...interesting.... no, my brain doesn't want to accept it   :lol: It's kind of scary how similar we are when it comes to sadistic thoughts.
Oh, and yay for a second big sister.  :heart: She won't pick on me will she? XD

@kurosawa  :yep: Open-minded. But I have to be able to see the love in real life. .

@StephanyLee  That was a nice way to break the news about Gaki. XD  Does it really seem like she hates everyone?

If the love seems too sisterly, my brain will reject it like KameShige. Actually, my brain just rejects any pairing with Aika, Koharu, or Sayumi. I like them as members but prefer to never place them in pairings. They constantly stay as the sister types to me.
AiEri... My brain approves. I wonder if I will ever use this pairing. Oh well  :lol:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1175 on: September 02, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
Quote from: Tuna Wind
If the love seems too sisterly, my brain will reject it like KameShige.

Such blasphemy!

*Sukoshi comes back from the dead to glare at Tuna*  KameShige hardly seem sisterly XD  More like one sided bunny love  :roll:

Hmmmm..... *Sukoshi looks at Estrea...then at Tuna*   :mon taichi:

*looks back at Estrea*.... darn it....  :farofflook:

Well I don't think I can "convince" you to like my favourite pairing ...well not under the watchful eye of Estrea anyway...but from this day forth you are fish to me  :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1176 on: September 02, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »
I like Risa and Ai equally actually, so saying Risa is number one or Ai is number one is really difficult, but since everyone's hatin on the bean, Gaki is my number one. XD

And I don't think that their relationship is all sunshine and rainbows, though they have the potential to be really sweet, I think they actually fight a lot, much like people who are together day in and day out for nine years will fight and still be friends. To that extent, I also like Renai (*dies*) because they are much like Takagaki, but as complete opposites, at least in my mind. Though I say it's my least favorite pairing, just above Gakikame, it's not because of any lost love for Reina, she's my number three fav musume.

Hmm, Risa seems to me to be the type of person who's very complex while still being easy to read, much the opposite of Ai, who I think is actually quite simple, in that a human can be simple, and is still hard to read. Risa is very outgoing and expressive and talks with her hands as much as her mouth. She's a mature adult who still loves Disney and colorful nails (her mom does too, btw) and is actually quite shy, but I believe a bit secretly narcissistic. I think she hates, yes, as do most people, but not without reason and I think she loves as well, though honestly, I'm sure she's straight. Painfully so. Sometimes she's weird and randomly off the wall, so much so that for a while I actually feared she was on something. No wouldn't that make a great story?

All in all, I think she's a normal girl who grew up in the spotlight. A little girly, a little boyish, a little childish, a little mature. All different sides, all different facets of a complex being.

You know what, though? As much as I like Takagaki, I like TANAgaki, too. :lol:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1177 on: September 02, 2010, 07:05:05 PM »
*spazzes*  :panic: O_O  :shocked Tundra doesn't like KameShige?! T___T   :cry: lol I really shouldn't be surprised though because it seems not many people like them. T^T I feel lonely!! I don't think that pairing is sisterly and Sayu shows her love and affection to Eri openly. I won't go into detail about them though. XD

@ Rnd- That's an interesting way to see Risa. I never thought of it that way.

@ Estrea- XD You're welcome. I defend Ai because I like Ai more. lol

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1178 on: September 02, 2010, 10:50:55 PM »
i love gaki, cus of all of the ways rndy described her XD she's like a huge kid at heart X3

and i must defend my gaki cus she is win~ add ai and it's a huge planet....no univers full of win X3 lol
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #1179 on: September 03, 2010, 12:36:12 AM »
@strawb3rrykream I like to make characters work for their love.  :lol: You sound sadistic too.  :twothumbs
I'm only slightly sadistic...>_> I'll probably regret admitting that. :nervous

Very well-said, rndmnwierd! :thumbsup I like your description of Gaki too.

Honestly, I'm open for nearly any pairing. :nervous I have my preferences but if the author does a good job of making it seem believable, I'm in. *is not really hard to please* :lol:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: GHA - Shinkirou Romance