JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - I`ll Be There

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 306027 times)

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1280 on: September 11, 2010, 05:35:25 AM »
^ I try to update her when I can. :lol: She really does stay up all hours...

Actually today I thought was interesting when she blogged about "her lover" :lol:

@kuro: See that's the thing. I'm always around a computer! :lol: I have three at home that I use (a desktop and two laptops), and the one at the office... lol.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1281 on: September 11, 2010, 05:38:57 AM »
lol her lover post made me sweat drop a little XD

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1282 on: September 11, 2010, 05:41:21 AM »
@rokun you lucky...... I can never get to use my laptop at my job so I just take pieces of paper XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1283 on: September 11, 2010, 07:19:16 AM »
I type up every chapter. I'm too lazy to actually write it down.  :P Also, I'm always afraid that I might accidentally turn in my writing into one of my classes. The only time I prefer to write on paper is when it's for academic purposes.

@kawaii beam You think it comes out weird? How? Does it feel like it might sound awkward or something? I think I have issues answering questions when I don't know specifics (though I'm mostly just nosy).  :P I agree with kurosawa though. It does make it easier to just let your ideas flow.

@Sushi  So we really are going by food-related nicknames now.  :lol: What's this about a certain kitten's "lover"?

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1284 on: September 11, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
The kitten's lover....lol you'll have to get Rokun to tell ya.... :P
All I'll say is it vibrates XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1285 on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »
^ :lol: OMFG :lol:

I used to write a lot in high school, but I'm left handed so when I write, it smears over the side of my hand. :sweatdrop: Besides, half the things I wrote I didn't bother to type up. I hate writing stories twice. I do try to write out notes and timelines and stuff like that for longer stories. B&B's got a few pages floating around.

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #1286 on: September 11, 2010, 02:47:46 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh...

:OMG:

I've totally lost track of the discussion  :lol:

But many thanks to your responses to those questions all those pages back, guys.  :thumbsup

I agree with most of the answers... and hadn't realised how unlucky Gaki-san is in our fics  :nervous (yup, still need to begin reading Hammy's stuff... xD)

---

Back when I was in Year 8 (2002?) I used to handwrite everything. Mostly because I didn't have my own computer back then  XD, but I also felt really comfortable writing by hand - all my notes were by hand, so I just naturally wrote by hand too. But now with my own laptop and very fast typing, I haven't gone back. I just like typing a whole lot more - it's a hell lot easier to catch up with my thoughts  :)

---

Question:

In the fanfic forum, to what extent are we allowed to post stuff containing mature material? It seems like a lot of our writers post pervy stuff in the perv forum or link out, but I do kind of recall seeing pretty explicitly written stuff on here anyway.

Are the rules still strictly in place? It's JPH!P, I was kind of expecting it to be OK to just post pervy stuff without too much hassle  :sweatdrop:

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1287 on: September 11, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
How many of you actually write out your stories much vs. typing them?
The main style I rolled with from 2005 to 2008.

:P2
(I'm such a loser in that I took this photo before dumping all that into the recycling bin.)

The story I've been working on the past week has been all typed, though.  Well, except for a small stint at the park yesterday, which was less than a full page written out...

So it depends on where I am when inspiration hits.  But I really do love to physically write things out.  It's so much easier to go back and highlight words, write other things I might want to write in the margins or above words I want to replace... <3

Hay Roks. *waves*  Just lurking around~
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1288 on: September 11, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »
^ Dang Commie, that's a lot of notebooks! :lol: Don't tell me you just dumped them all in recycling though!?!? :mon wtf: Those are some priceless works of art right there!!!

Question:

In the fanfic forum, to what extent are we allowed to post stuff containing mature material? It seems like a lot of our writers post pervy stuff in the perv forum or link out, but I do kind of recall seeing pretty explicitly written stuff on here anyway.

Are the rules still strictly in place? It's JPH!P, I was kind of expecting it to be OK to just post pervy stuff without too much hassle  :sweatdrop:
Since I got used to it at the beginning, I've generally left the really pervy stuff to the appropriate forum and here never really detailed further than like a heavy make-out session or something. I suppose it's a kind of ratings system thing... PG-13 is okay in the regular forum, and maybe even some R in general, but NC-17 is a no-no and needs its appropriate place. :smhid While jphip is a pervy place in general, it tries its best to give legal compliance as well in order to continue to exist and be legitimate, so it's careful with ages, both with girls involved in writing as well as those of the readers. That's why special access is required for The Perv - you need to meet the post requirements, but I believe they also check your profile age. Of course there's nothing keeping someone from lying about that (though you can get penalized if they ever find out - ask Yuuchan for her personal experience there :ph43r:), but it at least shows the attempt, which is what many adult sites around the internet do. Like the whole "You must verify you are 18+ by clicking here" etc. I guess that puts it on the consumer *shrug* Anyway XD

I've noticed what you mean too about the general section becoming racier, so except for maybe the *cough* really hardcore stuff, I'm sure it feels like there's no reason to separate it into the whole extra forum, but I think that has to partly do with the fanfic forum being largely unmoderated in recent... months. :lol: Like I doubt there are many Yuuchan Seal of Approvals given out over that span... I'm a pretty liberal guy too, so I don't really mind what y'all do :lol: I guess I'm just used to keeping things separated. Wow, I hope I don't sound too much the ogre there, cause that isn't my intent. :lol:

The kitten's lover
Dang, hand it to jphip and Sukoshi to put an even pervier twist on it. :lol: But yessa, she really did post about her lover. Her lover is always by her side, and she doesn't think she could go on living if she lost him...

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1289 on: September 11, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »
^^ :shocked I'd never be able to recycle my writing if I actually used paper. I get too attached or something.

^ :D It's times like these that I realize I'm actually not that pervy (I think). XD I could think of a lot of different things that her lover might be but the first thing that popped into my head was a cell phone. Anyways, is it a cell phone?

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #1290 on: September 11, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »
@rokun

Awesome, thanks for your explanation and the heads up  :thumbsup

I guess whether or not to separate a perv is probably going to boil down to personal judgement... damn, I still haven't signed up for perv access. Must get soon  :sweatdrop: coz yah, I do think the stuff I want to post is of a NC-17 nature. I'm not sure how this particular classification system works, since we have a completely different one here in Australia... but NC-17 sounds similar to the R18+ restriction that we have.

---

OKAYS. Off to sleep. I'm hoping to get commenting with everybody's fics tomorrow. Got a few to catch up with  :nervous
It takes me forever to make a comment  >.< the process for me takes so much time - I'm almost as bad a commenter as I am a writer  :lol:

Nite nite  :heart:
 :jphip:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1291 on: September 11, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »
Hmm, the whole writing vs typing thing...

Well I do have a notebook in which I write down ideas I have on the spot, when I'm away from my laptop. But due to the nature of my work, I often don't have time to write it down at all, so I just keep it all in my head (and lose some of it >_>) until I can get home to type it out. So yes, that answers what I use to write. XD I find it faster and neater to type up ideas. Scrawling in a notebook only works better if I'm trying to draw maps at the same time. I have this thing about maps you see. Normally I just open 'em in the browser if I'm basing it on a real place, but if I made it all up, I better have something drawn to make sure I know where I'm going. XD Obsessive little habit I suppose.

On another note...I've been in a serious funk lately. Can't get any writing done because I get upset at it. Why does it all suck so much? D: It depresses me. :/

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1292 on: September 11, 2010, 08:54:33 PM »
^ Doesn't really sound obsessive to me.

:mon spit: You can't say your writing sucks. That depresses me. Just relax and you'll get out of your "funk" soon enough. If not, then you can disown me.  :mon cry: Why do you think it sucks anyways?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1293 on: September 11, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
@Tuna: Well, I get really critical about my own writing. Like, extremely so. Anything that doesn't meet my exacting standards gets crossed out, but if it's already been posted, I feel disappointed in myself for letting something like that out in the first place. :/ I've been rereading a few of my own things to get a refresher for them, so that I know where I left off, and Nocturne really disappointed me with the last few chapters. They've been really weak, and they didn't really fit in with how the story had been going before. It was supposed to be more fun, but I lost sight of that. That depresses me.

I did start to feel a little better though, when I reread a story I've never posted here. It's a work in progress, but it was shaping up quite well until I put it down a couple years back. I think I still remember what I have for it, sort of. I might have to redo my character notes for the cast, but if I can work out the kinks I might post it up here some time. I would like a plotless story sometime. No major villains, just people struggling with their own lives and coming to terms with each other...and themselves. :) And that story was all about that.

Don't worry, I won't abandon what I have going now. It's a lot to keep up with, but I'll manage somehow. I'm crazy to have so many up at the same time though...lol.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #1294 on: September 11, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »

Question:

Well it's a tad bit more lenient, but Law #4 is still pretty much in effect xD

But from what I personally allow, just think about an average (keyword: average, not hard) R-rated movie and how they handle the sexual stuff.

-topless scenes are allowed, to the extent of fondling or even some promiscuous nipple play :0 Though you may have to check in with me in case it goes overboard.
-VAGUE IMPLIED sex scenes. Something incredibly metaphorical like Goosefish's Sun fanfic is a lovely example. Any direct-ness like the perv or close to it will be sent to the perv xD

And I think that covers it :0

Hope that answers your question, dearie :3

Now prance your heart out <3

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1295 on: September 11, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »
* daigong prances like a ROCK STAR :shakeit:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1296 on: September 12, 2010, 03:15:25 AM »
LOL Daigong....my eyes! My EYES!   :farofflook:

I've noticed what you mean too about the general section becoming racier, so except for maybe the *cough* really hardcore stuff, I'm sure it feels like there's no reason to separate it into the whole extra forum, but I think that has to partly do with the fanfic forum being largely unmoderated in recent... months.

lol now that you mention it, that's been irking me for awhile XD  Not so much the "content" but the fact that every other one-shot these days...end in a snog fest.  It gets a little..... eye-rolly-worthy in the brain :roll:

Dang, hand it to jphip and Sukoshi to put an even pervier twist on it. :lol:

*cough cough*  You know I'm decent 95% of the time.  Peculiar but decent XD 

It's just too much fun messing with the fish  :lol:

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #1297 on: September 12, 2010, 07:46:40 PM »
Sometimes, writing kinda frustrates me, cuz I feel like I can't write all my lines down fast enough  XD

So sometimes, I talk out loud as I type, which sometimes makes ppl look at me weirdly  :nervous

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1298 on: September 12, 2010, 08:58:24 PM »
lol and that's why i write when im at home...its weird for me to write at school cus i feel like ppl are always watching me^^;
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1299 on: September 13, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »
Dang, hand it to jphip and Sukoshi to put an even pervier twist on it. :lol:

*cough cough*  You know I'm decent 95% of the time.  Peculiar but decent XD 

It's just too much fun messing with the fish  :lol:

:mon uggh:... :mon fire:...  Aww, I feel the love :mon inluv: Kind of... Anybody ever going to tell me what her lover was anyways?

So sometimes, I talk out loud as I type, which sometimes makes ppl look at me weirdly  :nervous
I can't do that when people are around but hearing the sound of my own voice when I'm alone creeps me out so talking out loud as I type is out of the question for me.

lol and that's why i write when im at home...its weird for me to write at school cus i feel like ppl are always watching me^^;
You write at school? That's just awkward to me.  :lol: You know people aren't really watching you though. They'll maybe glance and go "what the hell is this person doing" then walk off and move on with their lives (or maybe that's just me).

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - I`ll Be There