JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 4 Walls

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305963 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1340 on: September 20, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
^Lol I agree with that, I'm careless with everything except my computer. :lol:

Is it sad that I go all D: whenever I see no comments for what I write? And then I go and hide in a corner and not write. :lol: My muse goes hungry without comments lol, and then she sulks. So I go play games and read books while she's on strike. XD Ah well, gaming isn't so bad. :D

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1341 on: September 20, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »
Not sad at all, comments are the lifeblood of us around these parts. Without the nutritional value of these words, you feel all D: and such. It's part of a daily breakfast. XD I understand.

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1342 on: September 20, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
lol same here XD this baby gets more affection than my phone or anything else XD plus its teh most expensive thing my mom ever bought me so i HAVE to be careful^^; she still complains about how much it costed eventhough it was about a yr ago we bought it^^

and essy what story isnt getting comments?? kawaii demands link now please~ XD i'll beat myself up if i missed something by uD: and if anything maybe school and wrk get ppls of guard about stuff that happens to me and sometimes i get so tiered i cnat even comment ^^;
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1343 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
Awww both you and rndm have commented, so it doesn't matter. ^^; Just that there's way too many lurkers, but then again, rokun tells me that the stuff I do are just too abstract for the average reader. *shrugs* So they don't know what to say, and just lurk...

I guess I just did it to myself. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1344 on: September 20, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »
Cause you're smarted than the average lurker? :lol: :lol: Careful, one might steal your pic-a-nic basket.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1345 on: September 20, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »
I think it's bad karma, since I lurk too. :lol: Then again, I only ever comment for a few people, and only for certain fics...I'm pretty picky. XD;

No one steals the basket! I will stomp them all flat and then sic Vampire!Ai on them! I swear! :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1346 on: September 20, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »
lol well maybe thats it, i bet u have trillions of fans but they all lurk XD who knows? and ur writing is kinda mind boggoling at times but hey ur helping me get smarter! yay! XD i need to have some type of challenge so i can critically read, and u essy(along with rndy and rokun and may other fic writers) help with that^^

o.o either get stomped or get vampier ai siced on u....*slowly goes for basket....and then changes her mind*nah i'll watch someonelse do it XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1347 on: September 20, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »
^^Oh, yeah, you do lurk a lot... :roll: I can understand the pickiness, though.  :rofl: Vampire!Ai? Hmm, it would be soooo worth it.... *contemplates*

^My writing is pretty simple, I just proofread more than others. And even then I still get things like 'but' where 'before' should be or 'couch' where 'cough' should be. :lol:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1348 on: September 20, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »
Estrea if the person is stomped flat why get vampire Ai? XDDD The person is already done! I don't know why but the stomp flat thing had me laughing for a min. XD I just picture a chibi person running away with a basket and then a bunch of feet in boots stomp on the person and they have this face: X_X  XD I find that so funny.

And, Everyone lurks now, even I do. I understand though about the comments. I don't want to write anymore because I get no comments. I'm sort of getting to that "That's it! I'm done writing anything!" Stage not that it matters since I'm just some unknown small writer. lol

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1349 on: September 20, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
^
i had the same thoughts too XDDDD

i get that way at times too but when i feel like that i say "someones out there's reading it so i cant let them down!" and it kinda boosts my spirits^^; and if ur a unkown writer i must be nonexistant! o.o

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1350 on: September 20, 2010, 08:59:01 PM »
Same for me. As a reader, though, I think, If I like a story and wanna read more of the story then, even if I have nothing relevant to say, it's worth it to drop a line to let the writer know I'm reading. As long as one person's reading, then it makes me want to write.

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1351 on: September 21, 2010, 02:11:14 AM »
Now I feel bad about lurking again. I'll start commenting soon...hopefully... Just gotta catch up on those fics that I've put on my reading list.

@rndm My computer gets more protection than other people too. Actually, I have several things that get more protection than people.  :lol: It makes me happy to see a comment even if all that's in the comment is one word or a smiley.  :yep:

@waiiwai Watch... :mon rush: *sits next to the basket* I'm technically not stealing the basket.  *opens and rummages through basket*  :mon corn: Oh well, I'm going to die sooner or later anyways. Now where's vampire Ai?  :mon innocent:

@Estrea I promise I'll comment after I actually catch up. I just keep getting sidetracked. :mon sweat:

@writerjunkie ... Let's not talk about being unknown or nonexistent. That depresses me. :mon emo:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1352 on: September 21, 2010, 02:18:06 AM »
dra dra-no~ dont do it~!!D:  :panic:

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
« Reply #1353 on: September 21, 2010, 05:16:51 AM »
Hmm, maybe I should've found a way to blame it on Sushi. :mon dunno:... Too late now. Shall I hide before I get stomped on or will Essy-neechan join me in a picnic?   :D I have a feeling I should run away but...  :mon cute:

Question: Do you guys like to write a whole story/chapter in one sitting or prefer to write a little at a time?

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #1354 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:51 AM »
every time some one says lurk I drop by LOL

Anyway... I miss so much but i read all...

although i used to read and not commented much now i don't feel like reading o.0 it';s not that there's something wrong on the story or grammar or intensity is just that i don't have patience even though i wanted to read something i can't (there's something seriously wrong wit me)    :sweatdrop:

Vampire Ai? I'm writing something about that LOL but as many of my other things it won't see the light any time soon.

Question: Do you guys like to write a whole story/chapter in one sitting or prefer to write a little at a time?
I used to write a whole chapter in one day (and there were really long chapters) but now I write little by little, pretty much because of the inspiration. Sometimes I can write a whole scene that took me a whole day and it's not really that long. Sometimes (really frequently right now) I just stare at the paper without writing the scene in my head even though I know what I want to write and how it goes u.u'
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1355 on: September 21, 2010, 07:05:04 AM »
^ Usually at the start I tend to write the chapters all in one sitting but lately I have been doing it a little at a time and I tend to put in some weird stuff after a while, then again, its because of time I do that :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #1356 on: September 21, 2010, 07:47:34 AM »
Is it sad that I go all D: whenever I see no comments for what I write? And then I go and hide in a corner and not write. :lol: My muse goes hungry without comments lol, and then she sulks. So I go play games and read books while she's on strike. XD Ah well, gaming isn't so bad. :D

What games are you playing, Essy? xD

*Bee runs off to comment now*

... but then again, rokun tells me that the stuff I do are just too abstract for the average reader. *shrugs* So they don't know what to say, and just lurk...

:yep:

But rather than your writing being too abstract, it's just hard (with the current Gegenschein) to make sense of the events, to piece everything together. I can understand every sentence perfectly well (as I'm sure many other readers can too), but at the end of each chapter, it's just kind of like...  :mon huh:

I want to keep reading, to find out more and begin assembling sense out of what I've been reading so far. But obviously that's not possible when you're feeding us chapters at the rate that you're going  :nervous

And I think that's something that may put readers off from commenting. Yes, that's apart from the fact that so far, this hasn't really involved any of the MM girls in depth. Sure you've brushed over Ai, but unless you've read the initial Gegenschein story, I don't think you'd have the patience to sit through these disjointed chapters. So I reckon you'll find it very difficult to reel in new readers.

And, Everyone lurks now, even I do. I understand though about the comments. I don't want to write anymore because I get no comments. I'm sort of getting to that "That's it! I'm done writing anything!" Stage not that it matters since I'm just some unknown small writer. lol

*raises hand* I don't lurk! Honestly! ...  XD
Whatever I read, I MUST comment on. That's just how it goes.

But junkie-chan, that's not the attitude you should adopt.  :(
You should write because you like to write. Sharing it with others and receiving comments/support really is just a bonus. If you are a true writer at heart, you'll write regardless.  :thumbsup
I'm hoping you never give up on writing!

i get that way at times too but when i feel like that i say "someones out there's reading it so i cant let them down!" and it kinda boosts my spirits^

Awwww, waiwai... that's such a cute way to keep yourself going!  :love:
I personally think it's the writer who needs to be supported (since I know many writers put in so much effort). But if you're doing your 'lurker' readers a favour like that to boost your spirits, that's very kind and admirable of you!  :P

Same for me. As a reader, though, I think, If I like a story and wanna read more of the story then, even if I have nothing relevant to say, it's worth it to drop a line to let the writer know I'm reading. As long as one person's reading, then it makes me want to write.

Which is why you're such a consistent commenter, rndm. ^___^
Although if you like a story and wanna read more of it, wouldn't you have lots to comment about? That's what I find.

Do you guys like to write a whole story/chapter in one sitting or prefer to write a little at a time?

It really depends. If I'm on a roll, I'll write the WHOLE chapter in one go. You don't want to waste any time if you're in that kind of mood and everything's coming easy to you. xD

Most of the time though, I find myself writing a little bit at a time. I feel that I need to be in a fresh state of mind most of the time when I want to write well, so doing a little bit every day is best.

But yeah, if I'm high on inspiration or whatever, I wouldn't stop writing until I ran out of gas.  :)

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #1357 on: September 21, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »
This thread sure has gotten big since the last time I visited. There’s quite a bit of stuff worth commenting on but since some of it is pages back (and I’m lazy) I’ll just comment on this lurking business which I find myself guilty of sometimes. :sweatdrop:

I think I’ve only commented on about two or three (MM) fics in the last couple of months, though honestly, that’s about as much as I have read too. A lot of fics that I used to follow haven’t updated in a long time (The Sword and the Dove, rokun! D: ), probably because the writers have become busy or lost interest so besides for a few stories I find myself unable to resist, I prefer to wait to see if a story gets finished before I read it. This means that I won't get to commenting until the end.

I realise how this detrimentally affects the writer’s motivation to continue a story if they think that no one is reading or that everyone who reads it isn’t interested enough to comment but my motivation to follow a fic to maybe a cliffhanger with no ending is low too. OTZ

Even though it’s been said to “write for yourself”, the truth of it is that many writers need/want comments and those motivate them to write more.  I think writing is for yourself but when you put it out there for people to read and no one says anything, that NOTHING becomes a commentary in and of itself and it's a somewhat discouraging message to receive.

When I read a story, I’ll usually comment eventually or on these forums at least leave thanks (since all you need to do is click a button, not that hard!). Er... the only time that I might "read and run" would be if I'm applying the "if you have nothing nice to say then shut your piehole" rule. ^.^;

I’m with Kawaiibeam though. I think every story has a reader who would enjoy it, understand it and appreciate it. It might just take them some time to find it and then maybe some time before they leave lurkerdom. ...but if you have to strike until they do... that's okay too. XD People should just write when they feel like writing.

Do you guys like to write a whole story/chapter in one sitting or prefer to write a little at a time?
I haven't written for so long! Soooo... if I remember correctly... I like writing one-shots in one go! ...since they don't get finished otherwise. >_>; But I like reading in one go too. :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1358 on: September 21, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Quote from: B^3
Although if you like a story and wanna read more of it, wouldn't you have lots to comment about? That's what I find.

<.< >.> <.< Shhh! Don't poke at my logic. :lol:

Not usually. I have a serious focus problem, but when I do get on a roll, sometimes I can't stop. Most days, even if I want to sit down and I've got plenty of ideas, I just cannot do it(in one sitting). CANNOT.  :shocked And yes, I know that is a bad word to have in my vocabulary, but whatever.

Like right now, I have seven documents open, all different plots, and nothing is getting written for any of them.... XD Five of them are one-shots, too.

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
« Reply #1359 on: September 21, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »
@Tundra : i think memory-chan already crying cause she didn't reply here anymore... :sweatdrop: so, i think i'm gonna apologize to her.... :nervous

Well, as for me, comment from the reader are very important cause all the comments that i received gave me support to continue writing. Since i'm not a very good writer, sometimes i'm have this mental breakdown that will make me wanted to stop writing but because of all the comments that i received from those who read my story, i gain back my strength and i know that i can't just give up. That's why all the comments that i received have become precious to me.

About commenting others, i admit that i usually lurking around reading and never leave a comment but from now on, i think i'm going to stop doing that and started to comment on the story i read. :nervous

I usually don't write a whole story/chapter in one sitting cause i'll end up writing nonsense..... :nervous :nervous
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:38:58 PM by abok »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 4 Walls