JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305963 times)

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1420 on: November 25, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
A fresh new face seems to work wonders for reviving this thread. This forum seems to do a great job of bringing out some lurkers.

[/quote] 
Now you made me guilty about not updating. :lol: It usually helps if someone talks to me about writing. But lately I haven't really had any outlets ('cept rokun, and he's not helping me by encouraging new plot bunnies :lol: ). He's right though, add me on AIM or something, I always enjoy talking to new people!
You feel guilty? Then you should write your guilt away.  :twothumbs I do really like to talk to new people but I rarely add people unless they add me first. I'm just weird like that.  :P I'll add you all one day soon though. Maybe then I can actually get some people to update their stories.  :lol:

I think you still qualify as newbie. :P Though...you're partially out of protection at the rate you're going... :P
I have no doubt that I still qualify as a newbie but being a newbie doesn't necessarily mean I'm under newbie protection. Wait....I'm partially out of protection? I feel a bit bare all of a sudden.  :lol:

Aha, you're only half right, really. Work is sucking up all my time other than my gaming. >_> I have this wonderful 13 hour shift to look forward to today...
A 13 hour shift?  :shocked You poor thing... I'm just waiting until a certain time when I can start gaming again. Must not start now or else I'll never get anything done.

Hhhhmmm, Berryz' new mini-blogs have been giving me a dose of MiyaSaki almost daily. It's very inspirational.  :lol: I'm slightly angry that I haven't found a chance to sit down and write stories.  :cry: I wanted to write something in celebration of Captain's birthday.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1421 on: November 25, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »
^How can I add you if I don't know your id? :lol:

*sends a PM and hopes for reply* XD

I actually don't feel too guilty about not updating atm...too tired... (yeah I just came home from that 13 hour shift @_@)

Need to find inspiration somewhere...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1422 on: November 27, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »
13 hours shift?  :shocked:  :shocked: Whoa. Better sleep for some hours before go searching for inspiration.

Yes I was talking about you, and now we have Ropy, disciple of Bee?! :lol: Or at the very least...stalker of Bee. :P
:rofl: I think I'm a mix of both, that's it, as long Bee it's ok with having a disciple-stalker ~

And actually, my excessive fangirly reaction generally come from...games. :lol: I'm a geek, what can I say. XD;

Made me curious there. What kind of games bring your fangirling out? Aside from Mount&Blade XD

I have some random questions for you people if you let me ask ~

I guess it has been asked before but, what is your favourite H!P related fanfic? And non-H!P related?

Yep, I still have a bunch in my to-read list and even more in my I-owe-a-comment-list lol, but I feel like adding some more. And I want to know, too~

People insisting non-stop to update actually help you searching for inspiration or in the end you just became annoyed?

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1423 on: November 28, 2010, 06:02:17 AM »
what is your favourite H!P related fanfic? And non-H!P related?

*blinks*  Hmm....dire lack of sleep here...can't think...but luckily I can copy and paste my list from the other thread XD 

my most favourite ---> Everything's Really Insane! by e girl
Followed by Lines are Blurred by Hammy San and Three Months by poets

(the rest of my list is here)

as for non-H!P...I'm afraid to answer that XD  Mentioning anything J-E or magical girl will probably earn me odd looks...so I'll keep my mouth shut XD

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #1424 on: November 28, 2010, 05:04:10 PM »
:rofl: It seems you haven't seen her when you get her talking about Aichan...  :thumbsup Although she can get rather... serious and technical about it, as with everything else. :lol:

I've seen Essy talk about Ai-chan before, but it was 'serious and technical'  XD
I have yet to see her fangirl (mindlessly) the way I do. And I wait for that day.  :P

Nah it's not really writer's block... Just haven't been up to writing much lately. Maybe I can blame it on my dad, maybe I can blame not having as much privacy at work as I've had in the past. :lol: I've been slowly thinking and working on Fukuoka Yankii, Kimagure Princesses, and the last chapter of Initiation >_> though, so I'm sure they'll be out at some point. :lol: Just gotta get around to writing out all the stuff I've been thinking of... Unfortunately I apparently tend to think way far in advance in these stories. :lol: Also gotta get my juice flowing again for Berryz stuff... They're still my top group, after all. Somehow I'm around friends who are generally all into MM though, so that's what I end up talking ideas about. >_< Not... that it's all that bad a thing, lol.

Oh, that's good to hear. That you're actually responding to calls from life, rather than battling some dodgy writer's disease. ^__^

All's good - as long as you don't drop the story altogether, I'm a happy fan.  :)

Thinking far in advance is a good thing, isn't it? I can see why discovering the story as you write could be a good thing, but I actually prefer to know everything that will happen before posting up chapter one. Though of course, reader comments can have the power to alter the course of the story... if you get responses like those from Ropy, it makes you think (and in my case, confused as to what plot direction I'd like to take...)  :lol:

Good luck with writing, rokun!  :love:

Jphip is one of the friendliest communities I've been a part of; especially within H!P fandom. I think it's cause we're all true wota. :lol:

That's SO true. It was one of the things that surprised me here. I mean, it's not that in other sites people are rude or something but they aren't as friendly as people here  :heart:

I have the same sentiments  :hipheart:

This place is wonderful. And it's all thanks to Masa and daigong...  :bow: :bow: :bow:
After all these years, their love and dedication to this place is still so... vast. I'm so touched every time I read a milestone message from Masa or a fan report from dai. They really keep us all together, as well as the members who've been around since all those years back. Never experienced such a tight-knit (yet welcoming!) group of people.  :heart:

Yes I know. XD I tend to do that ever so often. :lol: Only my fandom keeps bringing me back...ehe. XD

I hope your fandom never dies then... it would be worrying if it did any time soon, you still owe us a few stories  XD

Yes I was talking about you, and now we have Ropy, disciple of Bee?! :lol: Or at the very least...stalker of Bee. :P

:O
I never thought the day would come when I had a disciple of my own... like seriously, I'm hopeless at pretty much everything but fangirling   :D
Even having a stalker is way too flattering for somebody like me...  :lol:

:lol: Rokun's right, you haven't seen me talk about Aichan yet. :P And actually, my excessive fangirly reaction generally come from...games. :lol: I'm a geek, what can I say. XD

Games? Lol... I fangirl about games internally, but I don't really talk about it. Have yet been hitting the games section of the JPH!P? I might have a look there if I could catch Essy in extreme fangirl mode. ^____^

I'm playing the Warbands expansion. Haven't actually played the original Mount and Blade. I like Warbands because of the fact that you can create your own faction and bid for kingship. I'm just not cut out to be anyone's vassal. I like being my own lord. XD At the moment I'm busily crushing one factionand subverting their lands for my own... :lol: It tends to take a lot of time, so...

Yeah, that's the one I tried out! I'll have to give it another go one day.  :)

XD

You have admirable gaming spirit and ambition... I, on the other hand, prefer to spend hours on Sims 3 making my sims woo-hoo every waking second of their pitiable lives...  :lol:

>_> I have this wonderful 13 hour shift to look forward to today...

@_____________@
I didn't even know 13 hour shifts exist...
I think I've been too sheltered in this easy life of mine. :/

And gaaaaah I have to leave for work. T_T 13 hour shift....Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

I hope it wasn't as torturous as it sounded! T___T
Poor Essy... *pat pat*

:rofl: I think I'm a mix of both, that's it, as long Bee it's ok with having a disciple-stalker ~

I just noticed that you've already changed your title to disciple of Bee... zomg, what?  XD Ropy, are you sure you're okay with that kind of label? Because I don't know if it's that much of an honour to be reputed as an underling of mine...   :nervous 

I have some random questions for you people if you let me ask ~

Yay, more questions please!  :P

I guess it has been asked before but, what is your favourite H!P related fanfic? And non-H!P related?

I can't choose. >.>
But out of those that have been complete, I'd have to say Whip Cream & Handcuffs. That one has really left a deep impression on me...

Other (incomplete) stories I love:
- tru's Runaway from the Past (IshiYoshi heaven!  :bow:)
- Essy's All Aboard and Gegenschein

I have PLENTY yet to read on my list too. Mostly stuff from rokun, junkie-chan, hammy etc. & the millions of one-shots  :panic:

As for non-H!P related... I don't really have one. I can't think of one, more like it xD
Some fic I read back when I was a huge fan of YaMasami probably (Yamashita Tomohisa X Nagasawa Masami; became an instant fan after watching Proposal Daisakusen).
You wouldn't be interested unless you liked them. ^__^

People insisting non-stop to update actually help you searching for inspiration or in the end you just became annoyed?

It could be potentially annoying (like say, Essy's 100% firm about not updating All Aboard, so I can imagine how exasperated she'd be to get nagged about it xD).

For me, I think non-stop nagging could be more harmful than helpful, but the occasional push can be very motivating. It shows that readers still care.  :heart:

Was Ropy planning to do some nagging in the near future?  :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1425 on: November 29, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
Now that I'm in a suitable mood, let's answer those questions!

what is your favourite H!P related fanfic? And non-H!P related?

Favorite...? Hmm. I don't really go back to reread much of any story, with the exception of two: Love x2 (the whole damn thing, yes! damn you Commie for making me want to sit through the whole rollercoaster over and over! :lol: ), and Another Day at H!P (just for the epic lulz). I do reread my own stuff compulsively though. So sue me for being narcissistic. Or obsessively perfectionist. Whichever works. :lol:

As for non-H!P related, I'm still rather attached to the Harry Potter ficverse fandom, though I didn't like how the books played out. Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality is one I'm currently reading on FFnet, and it's amazing. I feel positively inadequate next to people like these, and for good reason. XD Other non H!P fandoms that I keep up with are Mai Hime (wut), Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (see, Sukoshi, you ain't the only one! :lol: ), and....Sailor Moon. >_> What! I like Haruka/Michiru! :lol: I strongly recommend the stuff written by Feisu on FFnet. I repeat what I said: people like that make me feel like I still have a long way to go.

I often am the target of this. XD

Nagging really doesn't help. Telling me to update over and over again won't help me update. It's flattering that people want more, but to actually give me the right inspiration, people have to ask the right questions. Seriously. I won't be annoyed at the nagging, but I'm not just going to start writing because you say so. No offense lol, I do have a life to live and a living to scrape through.

I'll be honest here. If I really want to write, it doesn't matter if I have gazillion-hour shifts. It doesn't matter if I don't have enough to eat or sleep. I'll write. I'll update. I'll do it until I look like a zombie in the light of day. It has happened before. It won't happen again because there's just no motivation for me to do so. Praise and nagging remind me that I'm loved, which always helps, but the only way to get me to write is to get me talking about it. To ask me the right questions. So that I know you care, and so I'll remember how I used to care too. Otherwise, life is just too difficult for me to divert more of my attention towards a pastime that doesn't even pay. :P

Sorry, it got kinda serious towards the end. It's just...

Let's just say what I'm suffering from is more than just writer's block.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1426 on: November 30, 2010, 03:26:19 AM »
Ah yes the epicness of the Love universe and Another Day at H!P  :wub:  Makes me crave for another full length comedy.

@Beecubed:  I like yamapi fics too!  :ph43r:

@Estrea: Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality!  I've read some of that!  Maybe I should pick that up again.  I have been feeling a potter high since watching Hallows last week.  So you didn't like how the books ended?  I think I read some fics cause I prefer H/HR...it just seems way more natural XD  as for the others...Mai Hime I really liked the anime.  First season was awesome but that second season makes me cringe XD  never tried the fics...I blame the second season XD  (lol I'm still not gonna say what magical girl I read but I'm so not in a position to tease you about SM.  I actually have a gigantic SM merchandise collection which no one is suppose to know about...I blame my youth XD)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1427 on: November 30, 2010, 04:18:01 AM »
*pokes head in* Ask the right questions, Essy-sama?

Okay, you're walking down a long hallway. You take a left, then a right.

Another right!

A left!

Stop!

In front of you is a brick wall with a poster of Reina and Ai on it. You look at it and blush.

Question: What pose are they in?

Is that kind of like the right question? XD *runs away to lurk*

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1428 on: November 30, 2010, 05:14:55 AM »
^ :lol:

No. :P

Reina and Ai in the same pose as AiSayu on that magazine spread. XD

*hauls you back by the scruff of your neck* No lurking!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1429 on: November 30, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »
*is hauled back* Woah! XD

Well you can't say I didn't try. :lol:

Also, I think I'm entitled to a little lurkin'. :shakeit:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1430 on: November 30, 2010, 06:59:40 AM »
Blah. :P Old timers should show up to grill the newcomers. That includes you, rndy. XD

Now I feel inexplicably old. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1431 on: November 30, 2010, 07:45:56 AM »
Old? Girl, please.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1432 on: November 30, 2010, 08:24:12 AM »
Lurky Lurky  :ph43r:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1433 on: November 30, 2010, 10:19:35 AM »
You feel old? I'm the one who just had a birthday. *looks at Sukoshi-bottoms* Uh, oh right, whoops. :nervous

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1434 on: November 30, 2010, 10:46:49 AM »
*Sukoshi gives dinner-chan the shifty eye*   :smhid  I too got a year older recently....darn Tea-chan for making us feel old XD

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1435 on: November 30, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »
Whoa, a lot of old people here :lol:

I will take note of all those fics to read it sometime.  I'm a fan of Harry Potter too, so yay  :cow: Thanks for you collaboration ~

Quote from: Beecubed
I just noticed that you've already changed your title to disciple of Bee... zomg, what?  XD  Ropy, are you sure you're okay with that kind of label? Because I don't know if it's that much of an honour to be reputed as an underling of mine...   :nervous 

It's ok, I love it :lol: Since Estrea said it I liked the idea, so there. Grac and I are your kouhais, treat us well ~

Quote from: Beecubed
Was Ropy planning to do some nagging in the near future?  :lol:

:ph43r: ... I don't know what you are talking about  :whistle:

Nah, really, I usually don't do that, unless the person tells me to XD I think annoying non-stop, in the end, is like to make the writers feel they HAVE to write, instead of make them feel that you enjoy what they write. When something you do because you enjoy it becomes an obbligation is no longer fun.  I don't really know how to explain it. It's ok to nag a little, but there is a limit to that nagging.  Or something like that :lol:

Quote from: Estrea
Let's just say what I'm suffering from is more than just writer's block.

I think I understand a little... But hey, the inspiration is always around, you wrote something yesterday, so yay  :onioncheer: 

And wait, what? Grill? :lol:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1436 on: November 30, 2010, 09:44:55 PM »
Is Tea-sama the oldest or are you, Sushi-bottoms? Cuz I know I'm not. XD XD *is bricked*

BTW, what day was your birthday? Because, if it was the 24th, we're birthday twins.

Also BTW, I forgot to say it, but Mai Hime FTW! :rockon:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1437 on: December 01, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »
Erm I'm older than Tea chan but I don't want to admit that!  Let's pretend I didn't say it  :badluck:

Ah!  We are almost birthday twins...Though I would end up being your older sister XD  It's just off by a day and some years XD

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1438 on: December 01, 2010, 03:21:31 AM »
Old? Girl, please.

Yeah yeah, dracula.

I'm going to call you dracula from now on. Because you're just as nocturnal as I am, and that username calls for it. :P

And yes Ropy, grill. Don't worry, we'll tenderize you first before we start anything.... :lol:

@rndy: I'm not that old compared to some of the people round here. ;) But I'm not that young either. D: XD

@Sushi: Awwww *pats* It's ok to be decrepit old. :P

:lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1439 on: December 01, 2010, 03:23:26 AM »
lol with all this "old" and age thing flowing around it makes me wonder how old everyone is XDDD that and i guess i feel pretty young(ish) XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~