JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Giniro

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305922 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1480 on: March 03, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
My best bet would be Risa because of her reactions but Sayu can also be grouped into there

As for intimidation, I don't know you come off as all right, I have no problem, even though I do want to apologize for something i said earlier and by no means I should have said that as it was supposed to be but we can bury that hatchet, unless the others you do talk to give off a different vibe to them.  Anyways, good luck in writing your fic :hand:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1481 on: March 03, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »
^^ SAYU!! That could just be because I always kind of think of her as crazy since writing B&B. XD

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #1482 on: March 03, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
AM I INTIMIDATING?

It's that BoA avatar, I SWEAR!  >_______>

And your signature? 15,000 words for a chapter? You serious? That's, like, more writing than some people do in a lifetime! =________= and the "muahahaha" that follows doesn't help much XD

Naaaaaaah, Essy's not intimidating. Not really. 'Coz this is very true:

How on earth can one be intimidating on the Internet?

Seconded! How is it possible to be intimidating on the Internet? Annoying's easy, but intimidating... :/ not really. I initially found grac more 'intimidating' than you (in the  :mon cute: way, not :mon curtain: xDDDD I love you grac, you and your massively amusing posts :heart:).

But hmmm... thinking about it, it might be because:

- It's so obvious you're serious about your craft (and you're good at it), and some people may find that intimidating? They might feel like they can't be sloppy with their posts if they want to visit your thread. Or even sit next to you (post-wise, of course xD).
- You're like a robot with a thesaurus installed. Not my words, I swear!
- A lot of our readers here are ESL? Your writing and your posts aren't as accessible as say, SarangAi's (she's drawn out how many lurkers now? O.o the majority of them appearing ESL...)
- You're not openly fangirly. I think openly fangirly is quite a bit more approachable. E.g. I approached ropychan right away.  :wub: ... I believe openly fangirly entails generous amounts of spazzing, capslocking (of the excited kind) and living through emoticons... xDDD

Though the regular crew (rndy, Sukoshi, Bee, ropy and you too grac) have no fear wherever you guys go, so that's alright. XD

How Bee lives life::: :cool1:

it must feel like watching Ai-chan and Miki talking when you and rokun go at it/appear

NANI?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why have you likened rokun to Miki? (I was thinking Gaki-san. Make him twitch. =P). I'm curious.  XD

YES!!! So much so you don't even return my calls no mo'!! :cry: :lol:

WHAT THE HELL??

dai, you are so random!  :rofl:

But anyway, now I want to write a story about a psycho with BPD. But I don't want to make Ai the main character because she's not like that. Any suggestions?

ANOTHER story?  :lol: You have a few just hanging there, ya know...  :sweatdrop: ahhhh well, as long as you're writing I guess  :nervous

Hmmm... I'd say Sayu too. She certainly has the character to fill such shoes, and she definitely needs more leading roles around here. >____________<
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:24:42 PM by Beecubed »

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1483 on: March 03, 2011, 06:38:07 PM »
*twitch* :mon ehh:

(edited for more appropriate monkey)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:48:11 PM by rokun »

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1484 on: March 03, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »
Just because I want to be different than everyone here with the answer and because she's my favorite: Eri!!

Why the hell not? Underneath all that idiotic happiness...is something deeper I'm sure.

I also think that since Eri started off as a very introverted person and still sort of has that she thinks a lot about many things some topics and thoughts might not be important others might be very deep. She even said before when she was younger she was jealous of people who spoke their mind. That can be something to mess with. Just how jealous was she? Those are my reasons why! XD I'm sure others might not believe it.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1485 on: March 04, 2011, 02:51:44 AM »
Why have you likened rokun to Miki? (I was thinking Gaki-san. Make him twitch. =P). I'm curious.
Well, Gaki just doesn't fit. (Though I had to pause for a second, because I almost went with that description.) XD And Miki's a suitably intimidating Senpai, don'tcha think.  The more I thought about it, the more Miki seemed to fit. :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1486 on: March 04, 2011, 03:01:25 AM »
And your signature? 15,000 words for a chapter? You serious? That's, like, more writing than some people do in a lifetime! =________= and the "muahahaha" that follows doesn't help much XD

That was for AA. XD That takes days of work. And no, most people don't write that much. :lol:

- A lot of our readers here are ESL? Your writing and your posts aren't as accessible as say, SarangAi's (she's drawn out how many lurkers now? O.o the majority of them appearing ESL...)
It took me a moment to figure out what ESL was. Then I realized what it meant. Hey I'm ESL too! Doesn't stop me from writing like I fell out of War and Peace. :lol:

- You're not openly fangirly. I think openly fangirly is quite a bit more approachable. E.g. I approached ropychan right away.  :wub: ... I believe openly fangirly entails generous amounts of spazzing, capslocking (of the excited kind) and living through emoticons... xDDD
Ah yeah, not openly fangirly. I fangirl a lot on AIM, just ask any of those who speak with me there. XD Once I start I don't stop. On forums I tend to be more serious, though that's because I'm posting stories most of the time so that's just the way it goes? :lol: I'm too lazy to spam lots of emoticons except for what's easily on hand. Like XD or :lol:

Also, most people seem to prefer Sayu. We'll see. XD I already have another story in the works that has Sayu as psycho. Hm. This is a different kind of psycho. I shall have to meditate on this. So don't hold your breath waiting. I rarely post another story unless I feel strongly urged to put it up. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1487 on: March 04, 2011, 04:04:28 AM »

AM I INTIMIDATING?

Please reply and try to explain your reasons why. XD

LOL!!! you already know my answer to that right?   :nervous

its basically everything Beecubed said except for the signature thingy because i find that one really amusing.. :lol:

or maybe you're not really intimidating and its just my lack of self-confidence that makes me think that you are.. :huhuh :? (did i just indirectly said its not you its me?.. XD GAH! am i making sense? :panic:)

EDIT: here is the best(?) explanation i can give you.. Shakespeare is a great writer a lot of people knows that and appreciates him greatly but once you ask them about what he/she thinks about his writing only a select few can give a comprehensive comment about his work and the rest just feels inadequate to give a comment at all.. i'm inadequate and you are Shakespeare  :bow:..  :lol:  :nervous
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:44:06 AM by mmsuki »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1488 on: March 04, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
^How the hell am I Shakespeare? :lol: Lol I get you, but really, I'm not that good. I've seen so many other fanfic authors who are better than me, so I know better than to pretend to be good. The only strong point I have is my command of the English language. Everything else needs a lot more work. Except maybe the angst. I do angst far too well. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1489 on: March 05, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »
@mmsuki: Shakespeare?! UGH. Why must you bring up Shakespeare?!  Don't give Tea-chan any ideas!   :on blackhole:

Okay, I'm really not scared of Shakespeare, nor do I hate his works but it's not something I enjoy....we can blame this on me having to read Shakespeare out loud on many occasions...darn University Lit class....Stage Play watching, Yes!  Text format, no no!  but anywhoo... if you, Tea-chan, start writing like the man, I'm gonna have to disown you for the duration of that story XD 

oh and now to backtrack....Tea-chan, I think the people that are truly intimidated by you aren't going to answer that question  :lol:  Why? cause they are too intimidated to XD  I think the reason is simple really.  People tend to want to reciprocate awesomeness with awesomeness.  Like if they read something awesome, they feel like their comment should be awesome too.  In order to be worthy enough of your time...in order to show their level of appreciation.  Only problem is when people feel like they can't come up with something as good, they get scared and run away  :sweat:

Now for your psycho.... yes, I'm in the Sayu camp too.  She's kind of the fun, devilish, psycho.  Hmm..Reina would fit in the same category...probably.... maybe a little less on the fun, more on the devilish, and a lot more on the crazy XD

Eri would make more of a scary psycho  :ph43r:
Aika and Gaki are too normal XD
Your new favourite, Riho, would probably work too.  There's just something so disturbing about being too perfect XD  lol but let's just pretend I didn't mention this, I'm not ready to read 9th gen yet XD

Offline mmsuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1490 on: March 05, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »
^
lol!!that is the last thing i want happening! :P i swear if she starts writing like Shakespeare it will be the death of me, for my brain is gonna start hemorrhaging  :doh:

Quote from: Estrea
^How the hell am I Shakespeare? 
:lol: you are Shakespeare because i feel like i need to call my World Lit. Professor to discuss extensively the fics you have written together with rokun's for me to fully understand it.. XD its a class that i would really enjoy attending.. :grin:

Quote from: Estrea
so I know better than to pretend to be good. 
you don't have to pretend because you truly are good.. one of the best even..  :)

as for the psycho thing the first person that came into my mind is Ishikawa Rika.. XD why do i suddenly feel the urge to hide from Beecubed :sweat:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1491 on: March 05, 2011, 03:49:30 PM »
@Sushi: I will get you to read 9th gen fic, I swear. I've already converted quite a few people. :D And I highly doubt I'm going to write like Shakespeare any time soon. You have my full permission to clobber me if I ever write like Shakespeare (that is not for a parody. Parodies are always ok XD)

@mmsuki: Maybe rokun and I should hold classes using our fics as material. Hm. That would be an interesting class. :lol: Oh and I think Bee would appreciate the idea of psycho Rika...now that gives me ideas...  :glasses:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1492 on: March 05, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
Psycho Rika. I might give up a second-born for that. Probably someone else's second-born I was promised for something else.

What's wrong with Shakespeare? A well placed "forsooth" is excellent manzai material.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1493 on: March 06, 2011, 03:45:57 AM »
Fie on thee!  Hath Madame Gracula no decency?

Thou causeth thy brain to thinketh of Shakespeare and Manzai at the same timeth!  oh abhor! abhor!   :on freeze:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1494 on: March 06, 2011, 03:53:04 AM »
^For shame! Hast thou no sense of humour? There is no greater boon than for one to stretch one's faculties through the improbable! Forasmuch as I wouldst say, the lady has made a most fascinating proposition!

...:P

I can thee and thou better when my brain is less fuzzy, I suppose. *just woke up*

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1495 on: March 06, 2011, 04:52:36 AM »
WTH? XD thats all i shall say
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline mmsuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1496 on: March 06, 2011, 07:15:34 AM »
OMG?! what have i done??  :shocked  :banghead: :banghead: maybe i should have said Tolstoy instead..  :badluck:

@mmsuki: Maybe rokun and I should hold classes using our fics as material. Hm. That would be an interesting class. :lol: Oh and I think Bee would appreciate the idea of psycho Rika...now that gives me ideas...  :glasses:
where do i sign-up for that class? it'll be good for my brain and my fandom..  :lol: i've got soo much to learn.. XD

i picked Rika 'cause nobody is that perky..  :smhid and she had that mini-melt down during a sport's festival, also Eri and Sayu is kinda 'afraid' of her.. :lol:

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
« Reply #1497 on: March 11, 2011, 11:54:33 AM »
Guys, let us pray for Japan and all of the people..... Let us hope that they will be able to recover from this disaster..... No matter where or who we are, let's us pray and do everything that we can to help them even if our help is just little....

Let us hope that our beloved idols are fine and unharmed too....

p/s : i am relieved that my friend that studying in Sendai is fine and i pray that he will return to his family safely...

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1498 on: March 14, 2011, 02:23:52 AM »
I have also documented people who are too intimidated to talk to me right at first. Saiks was one (Yuuchan had to literally throw her into chat with me because she was too shy), but now she's totally fine. XD 
  This.  Cute 8D

(Trust me to go on an archaeological dig to dredge up things written in the ancient past.  Or a few days ago.)
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1499 on: March 15, 2011, 05:46:11 AM »
OHnooo~~~~

Heard the news of Ai chan and that Hamlet play?!  XD  Drats!  I blame mmsuki, tea-chan....and myself...(I said Shakespeare stage plays were okay :sweat:)  What have we done?!  XD

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Giniro