JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainbow - Golden Touch

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 484631 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1180 on: September 03, 2007, 03:54:41 AM »
^
Coolness, thanks, LaJon. :thumbsup
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1181 on: September 03, 2007, 07:17:25 AM »
^ Or use MozBackup (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/), "a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite and Netscape profiles." I've used it and it works really well.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1182 on: September 08, 2007, 01:21:01 AM »
im thinking of getting a HDMI cable for my ps3 that support pure 720p/1080i. does anyone know a good cheap one? does any HDMI works with ps3? or do i have to buy that expensive one that supposed to support solely on ps3 or some shit like that. i heard monster cables are good. but they're so expensive
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:26:32 AM by Mugen »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #1183 on: September 08, 2007, 03:13:54 AM »
Sony recommends a catergory 2 HDMI 1.3 cable, so try look for one of those.
However, people have used non cat2 cables and they've worked fine. Generally, the shorter the HDMI cable the less likely it is to get interference. So if you get a cheap cable, don't get one too long (under 3m) but if you need a long cable make sure it's cat2 and it should work.
Don't get a monster though.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:22:15 AM by ebc »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1184 on: September 08, 2007, 09:55:39 AM »
ok cool. whats wrong with the monster though?

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #1185 on: September 08, 2007, 10:20:19 AM »
Like you said, they're expensive and there is no point in paying more for something when you can get the same thing for cheaper.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1186 on: September 09, 2007, 08:47:19 AM »
ok cool

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #1187 on: September 10, 2007, 10:05:39 PM »
I have downloaded this video and my computer is too slow to play it in anything except mplayer;  but when it plays in mplayer the aspect ratio is all wrong.  Now, mplayer doesn't seem to have any controls but I came across this thread which seems to give directions for modifying playback in mplayer.

Can anyone please tell me HOW I do stuff like that with mplayer?  Like, for example, how do you "Do man mplayer and check out -monitoraspect option." ??  how do I "do" ?   :)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1188 on: September 12, 2007, 10:06:50 AM »
noob question; I have a .rmvb file and I can't play it because I don't have real player. What can I use to change it into a avi file or something? I tried "super" but it doesn't work.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1189 on: September 12, 2007, 10:16:29 AM »
noob question; I have a .rmvb file and I can't play it because I don't have real player. What can I use to change it into a avi file or something? I tried "super" but it doesn't work.
Install real-alternative, then the media player will be able to play it directly.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1190 on: September 12, 2007, 10:52:13 AM »
Sweet! That totally worked.. and so easy  XD Thanks a lot!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1191 on: September 16, 2007, 03:14:43 PM »
i'm having a problem with my laptop's dvd drive.  it can plays and reads CD fine, but nothing happens when i put a DVD in.  it won't even read a Data DVD disc.  anyone knows how i can fix this?

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #1192 on: September 16, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »
I'm guessing you can't read the disks outside of Windows as well? You could try make a bootable DVD of some sort and see if you can boot from it. A Linux live dvd or even windows vista dvd, anything to test if the drive works outside of Windows.

Otherwise try find some updated firmware for your drive, look in device manager to find the model of it and just search that in google with firmware next to it.

Failing that, it's unfortunately a common problem for optical drives to stop reading certain disks. I've had some stop reading cd's but still read dvd's and also the same as your problem. All you can do then is replace the drive or just make do.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 03:48:27 PM by ebc »

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1193 on: September 16, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »
@BigDnm01:

Are you sure it is a DVD drive? (the obvious question)

If so, try with a pre-recorded DVD-ROM are DVD Video first, recordables can be problematic. How does the drive respond? Endless seeking or no activity at all? Try software that bypasses the windows filesystem driver like DVDDecrypter or ISOBuster. DVDDecrypter also lets you search for firmware upgrades online easily.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1194 on: September 16, 2007, 11:17:54 PM »
It's a DVD drive.  and i try using an authentic DVD and also a recorded DVD, but it won't read.  when i put a dvd disc in, it seems to be scanning it a little bit, but then there's no activity at all. but i'll definitely try to upgrade my dvd drive driver or firmware. i did thought that it's was the driver or software, like it's telling it that it can't read dvds or such.
what i'm afraid of is that my optical drive is messed up, and i checked the price for a replacement drive, it's $340.00.  i hope that's not the case though,  since it can still read CDs. i'm keeping a glimmer of hope...   

thanks for the info, ebc and tiny. 

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1195 on: September 17, 2007, 05:01:07 AM »
It's a DVD drive.
If it worked before and not now, always look for what changed sinds when it did work (did you install something?) Smmething might simply intercept the 'DVD is inserted' like DVDdecyptor(s) or some burn software.

New/reinstall driver is next, new/reflash firmware is a last resort.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 05:02:12 AM by frblckstr1 »

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1196 on: September 17, 2007, 07:48:12 PM »
ok thanks i'm gonna try to uninstall and reinstall my dvd drive. 

another question.  how do we use Nero 7 software to burn videos file (i.e. .avi, .mpg, etc.) into DVD playable on DVD players and such?

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1197 on: September 17, 2007, 10:10:04 PM »
^ usually the video files have to be converted to DVD MPEG2 format.

Videohelp.com has many guides (http://www.videohelp.com/convert). If you want to use Nero here is a specific guide: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/125/59/

Some DVD players can also playback avi files from a regular data DVD. These often have a "DivX Cetified" logo somewhere on them (see http://www.divx.com/certification/).

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1198 on: September 23, 2007, 11:46:51 PM »
question about IE. u know when u click the down arrow on the address bar and whole bunch of links show up right? how do i get rid of those?

Offline flamingmoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1199 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:57 AM »
^ Go to options and hit "Clear History". Set the number of days to zero if you don't want to keep them.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainbow - Golden Touch