JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - A Song For Your Love

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 484051 times)

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #780 on: February 26, 2007, 11:00:12 AM »
^ if i am not mistaken, .3gp is just a new filename for quicktime .mov files. in other words, you should be able to simply take a quicktime file and rename it to .3gp, then it should play just fine on your phone. not sure about the resolution and/or scaling...

this trick works on many phones that support custom .3gp ringtones, where you take a standard .mp3 file and rename it to .3gp without any need to transcode the data.

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #781 on: February 26, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »
http://www.doom9.org is a good starting point for questions about video file formats.

Some googling quickly gives these results:

*.3gp vs *.mp4... difference?
and
Converting Divx files to 3gp

You can find more using google: http://www.google.com/search?q=3gp+site%3Adoom9.org

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #782 on: February 26, 2007, 12:03:55 PM »
If you have Nero Recode, just use that, load the clip you want, click the "more" option and choose "Mobile". That will set the correct resolution and audio.
The resulting file will be .mp4 but just rename it to .3gp, and you should be good to go.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #783 on: February 26, 2007, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline smoothee

• old school lovin'
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #784 on: February 26, 2007, 01:12:09 PM »
thanks very much everyone :)

~ the official mikitty thread ~ the A.M.E [aya matsuura eden] ~ G.A.M official thread ~

~ join the wonky love crew ~ help us pimp up tanakacchi here ~

Offline U.S.S. John E. Badass

• Café 俺
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Let them eat Québec
Tech-related problems
« Reply #785 on: February 26, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »
Can anyone recommend a .ts muxer (or cutter) that works with AAC audio? I can demux and cut the streams, but don't have a program that can put them into a TS container again. Matroska is functionally identical, but I'd rather upload .ts files for the psychological effect.

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #786 on: February 27, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »
You can try the suggestions in this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=110761

I haven't seen any TS or HDTV tools that explicitly support AAC audio, but I haven't looked in the Japanese websphere. Aren't there any hints among the Japanese HDTV sources?

Otherwise, try posting your question in the HDTV section of the Doom9 forum: http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=64

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #787 on: March 02, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »
once again i have network problems -____- this time computers that are hooked up onto the LAN suddenly dissapear.  Like one day u would be able to print from that computer and the day after u couldn't .  normally this could be easily fixed with ipconfig /release and /renew.  however this time it doesn't seem to be work.  does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #788 on: March 02, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »
^^ So, when trying out the IPCONFIG release/renew, you do get a renewed IP or you get an error message instead ???

Also, you can try re-booting the switch/hub the PC's are connected to...

Then today, i did receive 3 consecutive virus alert from Avertlabs :

W32/Sdbot.worm!678b37ba has been deemed Low-Profiled due to media attention at the following link:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/01/news/companies/virus/?postversion=2007030108

W32/Stration@MM has been deemed Low-Profiled due to media attention at the following link:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/28/warezov_skype_im_worm/

Uploader-AH has been deemed Low-Profiled due to media attention at the following link:
http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/10056/53

They were all low-profiled alerts, but 3 of them in just a few hours is quite rare... Maybe you git hit by one of those ???

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #789 on: March 04, 2007, 12:43:53 AM »
What's a good free HDD partitioner. I want to partition the harddrive on this old laptop I'm currently using, but my sister doesn't want me to reformat.

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #790 on: March 04, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
Acronis Disc Director
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/

....or Partition Magic
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline bolivar

• HiP家族の大臣
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #791 on: March 04, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »
Anyone got any freeware recommendation for capturing macromedia flash videos displayed on various websites. (not those video sites like youtube with their individual video url.)

Offline takashi12

• *愛チュウ~*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #792 on: March 07, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »
I tried downloading from JPHIP server with leechget (for example; from Asshole: sub-cub's dual audio pvs)

But whenever I click download with leechget wizard, the file automatically switches from the original file name to deny

This happened when I tried downloading some things from RIVE multimedia as well.  But it works when I download from EBC's site

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix the problem so I can start downloading ?

ありがとう rei.rev.o7 <3

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #793 on: March 07, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »
I use 'Orbit Downloader' without the Ext. for FireFox forget the name of it already.. and I just 'Right Click' and 'Download with Orbit' and that works for me... dunno about Leechget (Never heard of that program to be honest). So Not too sure what is wrong..
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline momo23

• Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #794 on: March 07, 2007, 09:36:35 PM »
Quote from: takashi12;324228
I tried downloading from JPHIP server with leechget (for example; from Asshole: sub-cub's dual audio pvs)

But whenever I click download with leechget wizard, the file automatically switches from the original file name to deny

This happened when I tried downloading some things from RIVE multimedia as well.  But it works when I download from EBC's site

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix the problem so I can start downloading ?
I don't think you can use leechget to download the files

just right click and click on "save link as" and it will download
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:11:18 PM by momo23 »

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #795 on: March 07, 2007, 09:39:18 PM »
Quote from: takashi12;324228

Most of the time you get the deny error is when you don't have the correct referrer setup.  The file dump is setup so people who aren't downloading off of the forums can't download from it.  So when you use a download manager, and the referrer isn't the page you're downloading it from, the server will treat it like someone outside of the forums trying to get a file.  

At least I think that's it.. :o

Offline takashi12

• *愛チュウ~*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #796 on: March 08, 2007, 12:07:30 AM »
^ Thanks for all the info and help guys!!

I've downloaded a new program (Orbit)
and it WORKS!! I can download everything from here now :D

Thanks a lot :D:D:D

ありがとう rei.rev.o7 <3

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #797 on: March 08, 2007, 01:09:54 AM »
Hehe yeah I am happy I found Orbit Downloader as well, not a bad program =P, although it can sure use a LOT of updates/features but it is still new.
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #798 on: March 08, 2007, 10:26:57 AM »
i think we need a new sticky/thread for the whole referrer problem... it keeps popping up in this thread all the time

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #799 on: March 08, 2007, 12:11:27 PM »
Put it in ALL CAPS?
Have it jump up and down?
Display boobs in the subject?

I think the last one will work the best...

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - A Song For Your Love