JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Dark Emperor

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 480369 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #920 on: April 17, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
on BT, there something that say global max upload rate.  rite now it's no limit, same with the global max download rate, should i limit those?  on upload, maybe to 100-300?
You will have to check the internet connection you are using and find out what the maximum upload is, then set 70% of that as the 'global maximum' for BT.
how do i update the firmware on the d-link exactly?
For that check your manual.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #921 on: April 17, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »
i upgraded the firmware.  but i still don't how to check my internet connection to find out what my maximum upload is. how do go and do that?

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #922 on: April 17, 2007, 08:17:19 PM »
but i still don't how to check my internet connection to find out what my maximum upload is. how do go and do that?
There's lots of speed tests on the net.  I just found this one. http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #923 on: April 17, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »
thanks for the help, i'll try it out.  okay i got my speed testing results.  is there any way to improve it with the things u got by changing some settings or replacing the wireless router, cable modem or just upgrade ur internet service provider?  i like to utilize my internet to it's full speed capabilities.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #924 on: April 17, 2007, 10:54:49 PM »
Unless you were uploading something when you were doing the test. That would be your max speed. The only way to get that higher is if your ISP offers a faster service or switching to an ISP that has one.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #925 on: April 18, 2007, 12:07:01 AM »
Oh yeah good point, I forgot to mention, when you do the speed test make sure you have nothing uploading or downloading or the results won't be as good as they should.  Also do more than 1 speed test from different servers and take an average.

There's no way of speeding up your internet.  You get whatever speed you're paying for from your isp.  If that's not fast enough then see if you can upgrade to a faster service.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:09:27 AM by ~Dan~ »

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #926 on: April 18, 2007, 12:13:19 AM »
okay, thanks for the info.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #927 on: April 19, 2007, 07:40:17 AM »
Is there anything going on with imageshack? it seems to be lagging recently

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline gocha

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #928 on: April 19, 2007, 08:36:33 PM »
If my motherboard only has SATA I hard drive ports, would I be able to use a SATA II hard drive?

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #929 on: April 19, 2007, 09:05:05 PM »
sataII drives are backwards compatable with sata ports

Offline gocha

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #930 on: April 20, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »
Ok thanks:)
I'm thinking of getting Seagate 250G 7200RPM SATA for $88 CDN. Does that price sound reasonable?

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #931 on: April 20, 2007, 03:02:26 PM »
I've got a hauppauge tv card, but the video capture software that came with it isn't very good.
Can someone recommend some good, easy to use capture software?
I was recommended a prog called iuVCR but attempting to capture is a nightmare, I can't find the right combinations of settings and nothing works right.

Offline anythursday

• Member+
« Reply #932 on: April 21, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »
hmm, apparently virtual dub won't allow you to rip videos that are xvid encoded? is there another program that can do that?

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #933 on: April 21, 2007, 05:58:41 PM »
@gocha: 88 CAD seems a reasonable price for a 250G Seagate SATA disk compared with prices in Europe.

@~Dan~: Maybe Virtual VCR is something for you?

@anythursday: virtualdub should have no problem whatsoever with xvid encoded videos. Do you have the right codecs installed?

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #934 on: April 21, 2007, 08:36:17 PM »
One of my SATA HDD's is not being recognized, after installing a new power supply.
My other 5 HDD's are recognized, its just one that isn't.

First time this has happened.
It still receives power, but not recognized.
I checked my connections multiple times, and even tried it on a different SATA port, but no luck.

Its a 40GB HDD, and it has all my pics and anything that I have done with PS is also on that drive.
Might not seem like a big loss, but its still a pain in the ass.

If anyone might have a possible solution to this, it'll be greatly appreciated.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #935 on: April 22, 2007, 06:27:09 AM »
^
- Check with the Disk manager if it maybe did not get a drive letter assigned (then assign one) this can happen.
- Get an external USB HD box and put it in there, if it is still not recognized, your very probably have a fried disk.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:29:09 AM by frblckstr1 »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #936 on: April 22, 2007, 06:42:20 AM »
actually posted about this earlier, but revising my situation...

about a month ago, my MPC started playing really choppy. audio would continue on fine, but video would skip and sometimes  just freeze altogether. checked my tskmngr and it seems MPC is using ass amounts of resources (like upinto the 90s) causing my comp to just lag like a beast. I deleted all my codec packs and such, hoping to help, and it worked for a while, but now its acting up again. so i switched to VLC (which i dont really like) and it works fine, but every once in a while, VLC will do the same damn thing, but its MUCH less frequent than MPC which does it on about 90% of videos. usually doesnt happen right after starting the comp, but builds up to it over time (like hours, not days).

Never used to happen, things used to play just fine, even with other crap open. Haven't installed anything that i can think of that would cause this to happen, never change any filter or codec settings in the players, etc. have newest versions of both players.

any help? :o

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #937 on: April 22, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »
I'm thinking you just need a fresh install of windows and everything will be solved :P

But if you don't want to do that...
I'm too lazy to check if you answered this already but is there a specific file type that it does this on? Do videos that used to play fine do this now?

Maybe there's something wrong with your video card? Did you update your video drivers(maybe doing this can help if you didn't)? I'm not exactly sure about how certain vid types uses hardware so I'm not really sure this will do anything though.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #938 on: April 22, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
i havent tried updating my video drivers, ill give that a go. it pretty much does it on all files, though i noticed it takes longer for it to happen when watching anime... LA stuff like dorama, concerts, etc, make it happen a lot quicker.

i was thinking about reinstalling windows too... i dont have a boot disk though lulz...

EDIT
i already the latest drivers, but i reinstalled them for good measure. i'll see if that helps any~
anyone else have any ideas? where's TG? >.>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:16:24 PM by tenkei »

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #939 on: April 22, 2007, 10:00:01 PM »
Hmm I forget who helped me with this last time.. I am thinking L-san but I can be wrong...

Well when I was trying to merge/ encode 4 vobs into an avi.. I was using ebc's guide and since i never used Gordian Knot I was shocked all at all the things it installed onto my computer and I assume a few of the things it installed overwrote my VDub Settings.. and I tried to load settings that i had saved but then when I checked it.. everything was set at 0, greyed out, etc... in other words not even default settings ><

And I remember in the past someone helped me out wiht the settings that can be used for every sort of encoding and am seeking those that have a lot of experience with using xVid with VDub as I want to get my settings back, and I can send them the settigns i had saved to see if maybe that is corrupt or not... Thank you.
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Dark Emperor