JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - GO TO THE TOP!!

Author Topic: The Sato Masaki Thread (佐藤優樹)  (Read 158654 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Sato Masaki Thread (佐藤優樹)
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2016, 08:22:26 PM »
They really want you to buy that shirt   :lol:

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2016, 08:46:27 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2016, 07:46:13 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2016, 10:11:02 PM »

The idea today is to have you talk as much as you want about what you think...

"Excuse me! Among human beings, there are good people, and bad people, and all sorts, right?"

Th-that's right. You sure started off with something deep out of nowhere huh~ (laugh)

"I think individuality is important, but I'm not good at getting along with many different types of people. I prefer being friendly with things like leaves, or animals."

You can be friendly with leaves?

"Yes, I don't pull them off their branches, for an instance. This is a story from when I was small, but while playing in the middle of nature, a strong wind blew in my direction. I thought, eh, what was that, and followed the wind's direction instead of the path I'd been walking, and thanks to that I avoided falling down a cliff."

Heh-! Wait, wait, what about the leaves?

"Something like that happened, but when I went mountain climbing with family and friends, I was playing around with a 'careful, cliff ahead' caution rope, pulling it and letting go back and forth like ween~ ween~, and (pulled by the rope) my sister and friend fell down the cliff like ston~, ahahahaha."

That's not funny~!

"But, at the bottom of the cliff there just happened to be leaves, and everyone was fine because of them! I became friends with leaves then, and felt thankful to them."

I see (laugh). Why is it that you're not good at getting along with humans?

"Before joining Morning Musume., in grade 6, when I said 'I want to do this, I want to do that', both my school teachers and my friends went 'Ok, let's do it', and everyone did as I said..."

'Did as you said' (laugh).

"I mean, in school I was the most like a little sister sort of character, and everyone knew that it was scary when I got mad."

Rather than being mad, I guess it was more like throwing a tantrum. But, you're scary when mad?

"I am. When there's something I don't like, instead of sulking in the shadows, I say right there and then that I don't like it. I hate kids that bully the most. Because there was a kid like that, until grade 3 I didn't want to go to the classroom, and stayed in the infirmary the whole time. One day, I was talking to the infirmary nurse about what could be done to change that kid's personality, and they told me 'Maybe Maachan should first expose their true nature'". Because this nurse had seen me before going "This isn't right!" directly at a girl one year older than me. Then, during recess, I warned that kid who was whispering things about a friend, "That's not right so come and apologize! If you bully, the school's police will catch you"~. After that there was no bullying in my school! Because Masaki would get mad."

Is that so (laugh). In the last issue of the Morning Musume. '16 feature, weren't you saying 'I'll get hurt if you call me an airhead!'?

[T/N: tennen: nature; spontaneity; natural airhead
tennensui: natural water; untreated water; spring water]

"Because, 'airhead' [tennen] is something that isn't alive! It's the 'natural' like in 'natural water', right? Doesn't it refer to Nature."

Rather, I feel like that's something full of life... (laugh)

"Not alive, or rather, it feels like I'm not being thought of as human. That's why I also really don't like being called strange/mysterious."

Then, what sort of things are there to characterize Sato Masaki?

"Hm, vision! There's our new song 'The Vision' that was just released, and inside my head there are a lot images I think up, that are like visions. Like things I want to do in concerts, dozens of different types appear in my dreams."

Eh, in your dreams!? You mean, while asleep?

"Yes! I've decided that if I stop getting those visions I'll graduate from Morning Musume. When I say these things, a lot of people at handshake events ask me 'Are you hinting you'll graduate?', but I don't have that intention at all, and to be honest graduation doesn't mean anything to me. What's important is to enjoy as much as possible until these visions disappear, and I'm not thinking of anything else."

By the way, what vision have you had lately?

"I had a really creepy dream. My two younger sisters and I were walking through a dark green, and there were many trees with faces in them. Then, a fairy comes and says, 'The god that will talk to you has a face that will be moving like oon~'."

...(silence). Excuse me?

"(moving her hand in an undulating motion) She said their face would be like this. So as we three sisters looked for it, there really was just one face moving like oon~! Then, that god told me that, besides my birthday on May 7th, I 'have one other birthday'. Apparently it's June 20th. But, before I could understand what that meant, the dream ended."

And so, what's on June 20th!?

"I still don't know~ Something might happen on that day this year, or maybe nothing will happen, I'm looking forward to it♪"

I'm curious... I'll be waiting for your report! Because now, apparently our time is over.

"If you come to Maachan's house you might not be able to go home, so you better be careful. Because I won't stop talking~♪"

*Translation by Meroron♥ from H!O

Offline initial

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • T.I.N.T. state of mind
« Reply #264 on: June 10, 2016, 07:56:17 PM »
Count down to June 20th

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2016, 06:19:47 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
Maachan the Actress :heart:

Quote from: page11
It seems like Nishimori Hide - the director of Zoku 11 nin iru praised Maachan and said Maachan is an "incredible talent" and a "treasure"

Can someone translate fully what he tweets?

Tweet 1: https://twitter.com/nishimori__hide/status/745293171626696704

Tweet 2: https://twitter.com/nishimori__hide/status/745293251842740224

Tweet 3: https://twitter.com/nishimori__hide/status/745293321459761153

Tweet 4: https://twitter.com/nishimori__hide/status/745293463873171456

In the Navi video, when asked who of the girls had improved the most, he answered Masaki, and when explaining his choice he said some of the things he's saying in these tweets. The tweets get into more detail, so I'm really glad he talked about this!!

①Morning Musume. '16's Sato Masaki said that she was bad at acting. Said Masaki's script was completely filled with notes she'd taken. When I talked to her, her image of the role and the emotions was precise in the finest detail. I earnestly observed Masaki, pointed things out, confirmed things. She intuitively, deeply "got it".

②During practice, when I was explaining the direction plan for a certain scene, Masaki spoke out and said what I was just about to say next, before me. When I asked "How did you know?" she said, "Ah no, I don't know, I just thought it would be nice". That scene, even when performed in the real thing, became one of the most beautiful.

③I was again made to realize that, underneath other people's evaluations and her own assumptions about herself, enormous talent and treasures were sleeping. I also think so when looking back to my time as a teacher. When I limit my view of people to frame of 「preconceptions」, aren't I sealing away their potential? I deeply admonished myself.

④The moment when a person's underlying strength comes to surface is more beautiful than anything. The moment when their original sensations, voice and feelings start breathing again. I am always drawn to that pure energy. This troupe is a treasury of beauty. This production, is overflowing strongly with an atmosphere of purity.

In the video he talked about how Maa seemed to really understand what the characters were thinking or feeling, and just had a hard time expressing it, or would sorta hesitate to do things... probably because she thought she was bad at acting and maybe didn't trust herself on this... anyway, this is more confirmation of what we all know: Maa is full of talent and intuition, and people are prejudiced against her because they don't see her potential, just because she's different ;__; I'm so glad her talent was acknowledged here... and maybe now she can keep on getting more important roles in plays instead of being made to play brats that are just Basically Her.

*Thanks to Meroron♥ from H!O

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2016, 06:35:36 PM »

Sato Masaki: “I want to write songs for Morning Musume — songs that can move people’s hearts.”
http://wotaintranslation.com/2016/06/27/sato-masaki-i-want-to-write-songs-for-morning-musume-songs-that-can-move-peoples-hearts/

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »
Maachan/Haga Birthday Event digest 2016

Maachan Bday event 2015

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2016, 06:17:23 AM »
I'd still maintain Tsunku foresaw the coming of Maachan Twelve years prior when he penned Memory Seishun no Hikari.
Hopefully she stays in Morning Musume for as long as Sayu did, she already more than validates her place in Musume folklore.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2016, 08:17:30 PM »
Maachan Utakata solo ver.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2016, 08:13:02 PM »
Tokyo yo Iu solo ver.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #273 on: July 06, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »
The Vision solo ver.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2016, 07:19:05 PM »

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #275 on: August 02, 2016, 08:01:30 AM »
From Meroron@H!O:
Her Idol Mou Icchou appearance was amazing as usual ❤

She talked about how frustrating it is when fans can't let go of Riho and keep bringing her up instead of appreciating the current members' hard work, and also that she thinks 12ki has some scary potential but that they're not showing it yet, that they're still not opening up and being themselves. And made a prediction that they'll be the big thing and everyone will see their appeal 3 years from now (lol). She's pretty worried about 13ki joining while 12ki hasn't opened up and meshed together the rest of the group completely yet.

Oh, she also talked about her ear monitor not working during EMOTION IN MOTION final :( You could really tell, she looked so distressed / upset through the first part of the concert... she said Aishite Aishite Ato Ippun was when her monitor was finally fixed and working properly and that was why she got so into it

I laughed the most when she was doing the announcements in the end, and when it was time to talk about the auditions she said "Morning Musume 13th gen auditions are now on sale" jhsdfah

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2016, 08:03:04 AM »
Sato Masaki Blog Post 7/25

Title: Oba-san… (Cry)
This is Maachan

I called LoVendoR’s Uozumi Yuki as “Oba-san”

Oba-san’s graduation..

I suddenly got shocked
after i’d heard it

For me,
She’s such an adult-like sister

I might hate the moment when i’ve been in the dressing room with her.

But, she’s so kind and made me laugh alot,
Talked to each other,
Played her guitar for me,
And touched my hair

Maachan wants to meet you again
I want to hear you play your guitar again.

The only event we can meet each other is just at the Satoyama Event.
16th September is our last…

Oba-san I love love loveeeee you!

OBA-SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN
http://airabuzou.tumblr.com/post/147950445392/sato-masaki-blog-post-725

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2016, 08:01:37 PM »
Houston solo lines comp

Mic performance comp

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2016, 07:18:28 PM »

I made few enhancements to the concert rip of Maachan's solo perf of Single Bed from 2014.

Here's the MP3 if anyone wants it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9vz875hzna1zuqs/SingleBedMaster.mp3

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »
 :O wonder what gave her the courage to take on Tsunku's signature
Usually harder-to-sing numbers like this are reserved for vocals like Yossie's, Airi's, or Honda Ruru's
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - GO TO THE TOP!!