JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - So What [Ft. David Kim]

Author Topic: The Heavy Metal Thread!!! \,,/  (Read 82945 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The Heavy Metal Thread!!! \,,/
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2011, 12:27:51 PM »
^Hmm.... sounds like a better effort than the Blooddrunk stuff, but it's still nowhere near as good as their 'old' stuff. 5-6 years ago I'd kill to go see them live, and now they're coming again and I'm probably not going to bother :/

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »
The problem is, Alexi doesn't think the old stuff is good.  In an interview, he said he doesn't even care for Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper.  Those are like their strongest albums they've ever released and what define the Bodom sound...

In other news, the new Serenity has leaked:

It's solid, but their previous album was a bit better.
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline Blacky-

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »
The firt three COB albums are very good.

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »
Even though it's only February, I seriously think this album could be the best metal album of 2011.  Think of Dark Tranquillity atmosphere mixed with At the Gates aggression and The Absence melodies.  Great melodeath:

Offline Blacky-

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »

:yep:

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »
New Obscura - Continuation of their last album and still kicking ass, unlike a certain other tech. death band that hasn't released an album since 2004...

Bonus points for badass fretless bass.  :thumbup

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:57:08 PM by mske »
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2011, 03:21:02 AM »
From blabbermouth.net                                                                                                                                                             Due to damages caused by the 8.9-magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami that shook Japan early Friday morning left more than a thousand killed and many more missing, British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN were forced to cancel all of their previously announced shows in Japan.

IRON MAIDEN's Japanese promoter Creativeman has issued the following statement regarding the band's Tokyo shows this weekend:

"Following the cancelation of Saturday, March 12 show, IRON MAIDEN's show scheduled at Saitama Super Arena on Sunday, March 13 is now canceled as well, due to obvious safety concerns towards the audience, the artist, and the venue, caused by the earthquake of Friday, March 11. Your ticket for Sunday, March 13 will be refunded. Please contact Creativeman after Monday, March 14 on the refund process. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. TEL: 03-3462-6969 (12pm-6pm weekdays)."

The members of IRON MAIDEN and their crew were flying into Tokyo from Seoul, South Korea following their show there. On approaching Narita airport in Tokyo, IRON MAIDEN's specially chartered plane Ed Force One was advised to re-route to Nagoya as the earthquake/tsunami had just become apparent. The bandmembers stayed the night in Nagoya and following the announcement of the cancelation are preparing to fly out of the country.

IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris has released the following message on behalf of the band to the band's fans in Japan and all who have been affected by this terrible disaster:

"We are extremely saddened by the calamitous events of the last day or so which led to the cancelation or our two shows in Tokyo.

"Our deepest sympathies go out to everyone affected by this disaster — our fans in Japan, the people of Japan and those in many other places suffering from the tsunami. We are also aware that a number of fans flew into Tokyo from various parts of the world to see a MAIDEN show there and we hope you guys are safe and sound.

"We have had a long relationship with this wonderful country and have always been made to feel most welcome — this would have been something like our 16th tour.

"Our sincerest condolences to all those who have suffered and to the families and friends of those who tragically lost their lives."

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2011, 02:08:24 PM »
Few new bands:

And don't forget that the new TesseracT album is out.  Not a huge fan of djent, but it's nice to see them finally get their album out there.

Offline octavarium

« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »
Some nice recommendations in this thread.  Thanks.

Offline Goliath

• PizzaBang
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2011, 04:30:24 PM »
Hey you guys , i didnt know there was even a metal topic here on this forum since i only come here for the gravure idol :)
Anybody listen to Amon Amarth here? I know them recently and they are awesome!
Here's a video to demonstrate:

Anyway can anybody explain to me what the hell is a breakdown? I've never listen to metalcore before...

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2011, 05:13:56 AM »
Amon Amarth rules.  8)

A breakdown is when the song slows down to about halftime feel.  The trend is to throw in a sub drop when they kick in.  Here's what breakdowns are:

The one at 1:20 is the prototypical breakdown.  I don't mind when it's once in awhile, but it happens in like every single damn song.  It gets really annoying.  Hardcore vocals are also usually pretty lame, too.

Offline Goliath

• PizzaBang
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »
i get it now, thanks a bunch for the definition.
btw anybody click on my signature link yet ? too big to show up on forum i think it's funny you'll like it :)
And you guys already knew this song , well probably , but i'll put up a video anyway.
It's a tribute to Dimebag by Black Label Society , the song's called ''In this river'' and it's just a-ma-ZING

I watched sometime ago it was midnight, and i cried , Zack Wylde 's performance is god like...
I remember my mother come rushing up and ask me what the hell is going on lol

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2011, 04:35:03 AM »
New Symphony X:

New The Black Dahlia Murder:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2011, 09:56:58 PM »
Machine Head's new track 'Locust' from the upcoming album:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

New Origin. Intense shit.

Offline Trickfew

• Member+
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2011, 07:34:20 PM »
New Obscura - Continuation of their last album and still kicking ass, unlike a certain other tech. death band that hasn't released an album since 2004...

Bonus points for badass fretless bass.  :thumbup

What a great album¡  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
Haven't posted in this thread for 2 months.  Let's see what's new:

New Symphony X isn't bad.  The second cd is better than the first, in my opinion.  Fairly solid overall, and Romeo has his best tone yet:

New BDM was actually a let down.  Only a few good songs on that album.

New Rhapsody delivers, as always:

The one guitarist of Obscura and former guitarist of Necrophagist released his instrumental solo album.  It's pretty killer:

Finally, the new Arch Enemy album is solid, but it seems a bit rehashed.  Sneap did a great job on the production aspect, though:

That's enough for now, I think.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »

they did these songs when they played with deicide on the once upon a cross tour  >:D :rockon: :guitar: - the mosh pit for suffocation was crazy, part of me wanted to go in (there were just too many people to make my way down there by the time they came on) and part of me is glad i didnt, it was brutal

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
Finally, the new Arch Enemy album is solid, but it seems a bit rehashed.  Sneap did a great job on the production aspect, though:

It sounds like a typical Arch Enemy album, but a good one at that. I dig it a lot.  :twothumbs  Best one since 'Doomsday Machine' imo.

The 'A Pale Horse Named Death' album is pretty cool too, albeit a bit repetitive.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - So What [Ft. David Kim]