JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bloodthirsty Butchers - Jack Nicolson

Author Topic: General Korean Movie Thread  (Read 20614 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Re: General Korean Movie Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »
i love Korean movies. I think i like them the most out of asian cinema. Oldboy, My Sassy Girl, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, Herb... all in like my top 25 movies ever

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
I'm more interested in Korean movies after seing the one with almost no dialogue, 3-iron :3
And of course, A Tale of Two Sisters was cool...

I'd like recommendations on good drama movies :D Or psychological thrillers
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:01:23 PM »
shirenu: the saddest movie i've ever seen was a Korean movie called 'A Moment to Remeber'

I fucking love it, and so does JunJun apparently! in LA they asked her about korean movies and she mentioned this being one she just watched and loved (though at the time i didn't get that she was talking about A Moment to Remember...lol). Herb is another one that is just faaaaaaantastic, i think you'd really like Herb

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 03:32:11 AM »
Hur Jin Ho is the best drama director in Korea.  Christmas in August  is the only movie that ever made me cry.  Hong Sang-soo is probably the best director in Korea but a lot of people don't like his movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0140825/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295192/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448663/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1048159/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »
Movie posters from director Lee Jun-ik’s upcoming film Like the Moon Escaping from Clouds starring actors Cha Seung-won, Hwang Jung-min, Baek Sung-hyun and actress Han Ji-hye.

EPIC ACTiON! :fap
091031 연예가중계-MOVIE"Like The Moon Escaping From The Clouds" interview

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
Just bought and watched: The Legend of the Shadowless Sword

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488763/

Don't watch the trailer, it sucks. The actual movie is different and more interesting that the trailer makes it seem.

Best movie I've seen this year! I was looking for something like Azumi. This is it, with a bit of that artsy fighting style you'll find in some Chinese movies.

So-yi Yoon is gorgeous, which helps  :lol:

Sound and picture quality are both top notch!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 10:22:37 AM »
^ Her eyebrows are just tasty.  :inlove:

I wonder if it won any Blue Dragon Film Awards  :rofl:

Presented By: Sports Chosun
Date: December 2nd, 2009

Best Film:
Take Off – Yong-hwa Kim
Good Morning President – Jang Jin
Mother – Joon-ho Bong
Thirst – Chan-wook Park
Haeundae – Je-gyun Yun

Best Director:
Yong-hwa Kim – Take Off
Jang Jin – Good Morning President
Joon-ho Bong – Mother
Chan-wook Park – Thirst
Je-gyun Yun – Haeundae

Best New Director:
Hyeong-cheol Kang – Scandal Makers
Keon-hong Park – Lifting King Kong
Ik-jun Yang – Breathless
Yong-ju Lee – Possessed
Ki-hun Jeong – Aeja

Best Actor:
Myeong-min Kim – Closer to Heaven
Yun-seok Kim – Running Turtle
Kang-ho Song – Thirst
Dong-Kun Jang – Good Morning President
Jung-woo Ha – Take Off

Best Actress:
Ok-bin Kim – Thirst
Ha-Neul Kim – My Girlfriend is an Agent
Hye-ja Kim – Mother
Kang-hee Choi – Aeja
Ji-won Ha – Closer to Heaven

Best Supporting Actor:
In-kwon Kim – Haeundae
Dong-il Song – Take Off
Ha-kyun Shin – Thirst
Min-ki Lee – Haeundae
Jin Ku – Mother

Best Supporting Actress:
Bo-yeon Kim – Possessed
Yeong-ae Kim – Aeja
Hae-suk Kim – Thirst
Yeong-nam Jang – My Girlfriend is an Agent
Ja-Hyeon Chu – Portrait of a Beauty

Best New Actor:
Mu-yeol Kim – The Scam
Ji-seok Kim – Take Off
Chang-ui Song – Once Upon a Time in Seoul
Ik-jun Yang – Breathless
Jae-woong Choi – The Sword With No Name

Best New Actress:
Hye-won Kang – Haeundae
Kkot-bi Kim – Breathless
Bo-yeong Park – Scandal Makers
Woo-seon Seon – Running Turtle
Yeon-seo Oh – A Blood Pledge

Best Original Screenplay:
Yong-hwa Kim – Take Off
Eun-kyo Park, Joon-ho Bong – Mother
Yong-ju Lee – Possessed
Hae-jun Lee – Castaway on the Moon
Ki-hun Jeong – Aeja

Best Cinematography:
Yeong-ho Kim – Haeundae
Hyeon-cheol Park – Take Off
Jeong-hoon Jeong – Thirst
Hyeon-ki Choi – A Frozen Flower
Kyeong-pyo Hong – Mother

Best Lighting:
Song-kyu Kim – Portrait of a Beauty
Hyeon-won Park – Thirst
Ji-won Yun – A Frozen Flower
Seol-hwan Lee – Take Off
Cheol-su Choi, Dong-sun Park – Mother

Best Music:
Jun-seok Kim – Scandal Makers
Ki-heon Park – Closer to Heaven
Byeong-woo Lee – Mother
Jae-hak Lee – Take Off
Yeong-ok Jo – Thirst

Best Art Direction:
Ki-cheol Kim – A Frozen Flower
Eon-ok Min – The Sword With No Name
Seong-hee Ryu – Thirst
Ha-jun Lee – Portrait of a Beauty
Hwa-seong Jo, Hyeon-seok Choi – Private Eye

Technical Award:
A Frozen Flower – Costume
Private Eye – Make-up
Take Off
Haeundae – Special Effects
Chaw – Special Effects

Honored Popularity Award:
TBA

Most Popular Film:
TBA

Best Couple:
TBA

Source: http://asianmediawiki.com/2009_%2830th%29_Blue_Dragon_Film_Awards

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 09:52:47 PM »
Warner Bros Remaking Chan-Wook's Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

What happened to that Oldboy remake with Will Smith? Variety is reporting tonight that Warner Brothers has acquired remakes right to Park Chan-wook's 2002 film Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, this first in his brutal but brilliant Vengeance Trilogy. The studio has already assigned Brian Tucker (of the upcoming Broken City) to write the script. Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Transformers, G.I. Joe) is producing along with Mark Vahradian, Miky Lee, Ted Kim, and Paranormal Activity producer Steven Schneider. Interestingly, French filmmaker and JCVD director Mabrouk El Mechri is also executive producing. An odd mix of people.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is the one film from the Vengeance Trilogy that I haven't seen yet, so I can't speak to it. The film is a "bleak and violent tale of revenge gone wrong." It tells the story of a poor man who kidnaps a young girl to pay for his sister's much-needed transplant. When the young girl accidentally dies, her bereaved father goes on a search for answers and vengeance. My first concern regarding any remake of a Park Chan-wook film is how they'll be able to make it without including all the insane brutality and violence that Park does. They better hire a director as brilliant at Martin Scorsese to handle this or we're screwed.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/01/07/warner-bros-remaking-chan-wooks-sympathy-for-mr-vengeance/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 09:01:15 AM »
some new releases!! :lol:

Lovers Vanished (Before The Storm) (2010) - Kim Nam-gil, Hwang Woo-seul-hye

Su-in, an ex master chef, gets falsely accused of murdering his wife and is sentenced to life in prison. After several failed attempts to escape and prove his innocence, he hears those infected with AIDS can leave prison. Su-in intentionally approaches to Sang-byung, who is HIV positive, and eventually succeeds in injecting Sang-byung's blood into his body. Then Sang-byung asks Su-in a favor to pay a visit to a café called Luth if by any chance he succeeded to breakout and tells nothing more. Su-in escapes and goes to the priest who had an affair with his wife. But after confessing to the crime, the priest commits suicide by jumping over a cliff. With no hope and nowhere to go, Su-in goes to café Luth, run by Mia, a beautiful magician. Mia ends up hiring Su-in as a chef. As they become slowly close to each other, Su-in tells her it was Sang-byung who sent him here, which makes Mia completely shocked

Runaway from Home (2010) Trailer

stars: Ji Jin-hee, Yang Ik-joon, Lee Moon-sik, Kim Yeo-jin 

(more discussion! oh baby!)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »
shit you should peep this action flick, based on a Korean manhwa (comic):

Kiss Me Kill Me (2009) (K2-케이투-, Kei Tu)

Plot:
A quiet, professional killer, Hyun-jun, arrives at a house to kill a man in his sleep,
only to discover a woman alone under the sheets. She shouts at the dazed Hyun-jun,
“What’s the matter with you. I paid for you, so just kill me.”

Jin-young has decided to kill herself after a traumatic break up with her lover of seven years,
but she wants to go out with a bang, not with a miserable and lonely dose of commonplace
sleeping pills. Hyun-jun is furious at the woman and abandons the mission despite the fact
that he has a contract to fulfill. “You should kill yourself; I’m not your suicide assistant.”

This is how Hyun-jun and Jin-young first meet. The most extraordinary love story begins.

I don't know many Korean actresses but when u get kicked in the head like that  :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 08:07:49 AM »
South Korean Film Named Best Asian Picture

South Korea's "Mother", a thriller recognized for official selection at the Cannes Film Festival, garnered Best Picture and the Best Actress award for Kim Hye-Ja on Monday.

DAMN! I heard a lot about this movie.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 05:45:23 PM »
A true Korean film lover must watch all of Kwak Jae Yong's films-

I enjoyed The Classic more than My Sassy Girl

Also did Windstruck

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 11:46:12 AM »
cute actress, 정소민 Jeong So-min

source: InStyle Korea

peep this interview: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010062216030360753

sampler....

My name is Jung So-min. My friends and I had a contest to pick out my stage name but I myself chose the name.
I was born on March 16, 1989. I am a junior at the Korea National University of Arts majoring in acting but I'm currently taking a semester off.

This year for the school play, I was cast to play the role of Hermia for Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and it was quite sad because I had to take a semester off to shoot "Bad Boy." There aren't that many opportunities to be in a traditional play.
When I was still in school I really liked physical education. I remember that I won an award in the long run against other students at school and I'm also good at physical fighting.
I actually like to take part in sports rather than watch them. I was the only girl who took part in the soccer match during the "Bad Boy" rally. I'm better in baseball than other girls and actor Kim Jae-wook told that my pose is similar to that of a major league baseball player. (laugh)
I've only seen actor Kim Nam-gil on television and it was hard to approach him at first because he seemed so serious but after getting to know him, we joked around a lot.
The yacht scene during the first half of "Bad Boy" was shot during March. So it was really cold and after the cameras went off I was shaking because I was wearing just a dress.
There are people who say I look younger than my age and others say that I'm very grown-up like. Veteran actress Kim Hae-ok, who plays my mom in "Bad Boy," said I'm like a high school student wearing regular clothes and kept saying "You're like a 15-year-old!" (laugh)
My first paid gig was a commercial for SK Telecom (a telecommunication company in Korea). I gave the entire paycheck to my mom but she accepted it without even blinking an eye. She said "Don't think that you can make things up to me with this. You don't know how much money I spent on you!" (laugh) Of course I still get an allowance.
When I get my allowance all I do is eat. (laugh) I also like to buy things for others. When I have the money I spend it and buy things thinking "So and so will like this!"
I try to watch a play at least once a week or every other week. My managers and I bawled after we watched the play "The Most Beautiful Goodbye" which was originally written by writer Noh Hee-kyung. Afterwards when I went home, I told my mom that I would do my best. (laugh)
I am also interested in musicals. I began to learn to sing after my college entrance exam but unfortunately I'm not gifted in it. I thought if I practiced I would get better but if I had to evaluate myself objectively? I don't see it happening. (laugh)
My favorite movie genre is thrillers and reasoning movies where you have to use your brain. I became interested in thrillers because of the movie "Identity." I also enjoyed watching "Our Town." I don't really like action movies but I like films that have action and create tension like "Taken."
The thing that I want to do the most is to get a florist license. I don't have any skills in art but I like flowers and matching them with different colors. When I act or dance my actions are shown directly but I really want to learn how to create a different feeling with these pieces. However, the tuition fee is a bit too expensive...

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun five@
Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@
Editor : Jang Kyung-Jin three@, Lucia Hong luciahong@<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

:lol:

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
That girl is cute! She plays Mo Ne in Bad Guy.

Offline bee29

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 12:00:52 PM »
Jeong So-min
very pretty

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 02:30:17 AM »
^ Incredible!! 윤주희 aka actress Yoon Joo-hee (star of such movies as Life is Cool / 그녀는 예뻤다, 2006) showing off Cars, her ass, or both!

source: http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/07/11/2010071100206.html

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bloodthirsty Butchers - Jack Nicolson