JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SHINee - Love`s Way

Author Topic: [09.01.07] 1st Mini Album "Gee"  (Read 152747 times)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Re: [01/07] 1st Mini Album "Gee"
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »
I just read a fan account, turned out MBC actually edited the soound to make the backing track louder during the hooks, because fans were chanting really loud. Well, that's understandable. The fan said there were about 1.200 Sowons waiting to get in, but only 1.000 could. The girls were surprised to see so many fans coz it usually was just a few hundreds of them. Yuri and Sooyoung went chatting with some fans during a break too.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »
Here's a Xvid Version of Gee MBC Live for all those with more humble PC's

SNSD - Gee (090110 MBC Xvid 720x400) ~50mb

And Way To Go

SNSD - Gee (090110 MBC Xvid 720x400) ~50mb

And Way To Go

~50mb
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:58:12 PM by ebc »

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
READ THE FAN ACC FOR EXPLANATION!!!

I just came back from the girls' MBC comeback, everyone probably already saw it. A lot of people seem to be worried since the chants on TV weren't that loud but I would like to tell you all that, there's no need to worry about that. Today's live support is probably Korea's most strongest on TV for girl groups. Let's put it this way, I along with some Seoul members went to MBC building at 7, our numbers started from 511, remember this is only at 7. At around 1pm, the amounts of Sone have increased up to more than 1000 people, at the end a SM worker said that the last number would be around 1200 but because of the size of the audience seats, the amount of Sones allowed in were around 1000.

MBC's live broadcasting room could no longer squeeze anymore people, all the seats were sat by Sones, even on the ground, it was crowded, even at the back, all of it was full. At the standing area, other than some SHINee fans, the rest were all Sone. All of SM's workers were unable to keep their mouths closed because of smiling the whole time. Because I only participated in the 'Gee' recording, the 'Way To Go' performance, because it would be live broadcasting, other fans had to come in too so there would only be 300 Sones that could stay. The first 300 Sones, because they lined up since last night, it was understandable for them to stay. The other Sones went home. On my way home, I watched the live from my phone. The scenario is completely different than on TV. The MBC director,after recording 'Gee' made the background music louder, which made the fan chants seem weak. When I was on the subway (she was probably watching it on the subway), I could barely hear the loud support from the Sones but I have already told you guys to not worry. That performance was all Sone. Also, some people saw some people at the standing area looking a bit slow-witted, that's because the Sones inside were very excited. Once balloons started to be waved, the camera in the back was completely blocked so the director didn't let anyone in the Standing area wave any balloons.

Now let's talk about all the happenings of today. Today, I and some SNSDChina members and a member from Taiwan arrived at 7 at the MBC building. After getting out of the car, my heart skipped a beat, darn, there's a huge chance we won't be able to go in. The whole first floor of the waiting room was filled with Sone. I found the person in charge of counting the fans and she said my number was 511. The weather today in Korea has been the coldest so far ever since winter started. Even if we were inside, me and the other members were shivering. At 9, the workers of MBC began to call out numbers. When looking at the numbers and seeing the number 800 being said, this news was spread to all the Sones really quickly, everyone was so happy, we never thought that there would be that many people here today. We are afterall fans of a girl group, this number's appearance, might not surpass the record but it has to probably break the record in Music Core. The security guards said they never saw so many boys, it was unbelievable. We however didn't know that that number was only the number of people at 9am. As time passed by, the amount of Sones increased and later by myself estimating, there were probably up to 1000 people.

However when they were counting us, it was a painful process because the amount of people let everyone be surprised, SM only sent two of their workers so it was up to us to count the number of people. After your name was called, you would sit down. Because of that, the space became smaller and it made us 500 people outside. That time it was -10 degrees celcius. We stayed in that temperature for 2 hours. Around 10 or so, SM had more workers come and help count. Most interesting was that when they arrived and saw all of the Sones, they couldn't believe their eyes since they usually see only 100-200 Sones. So then a SM worker quickly went back to SM to get more balloons since the balloons we had with us were not enough.

At around 12pm, the first 300 Sones were able to go in. Because of the large amount of people, the staff inspected us more carefully, didn't let anyone use anyone else's number. When you went in, everyone had to have their CD and their number to go in. When the first 300 went in, us 500 and over finally could be inside. About an hour later we started to go in.

Not that long later, the girls appeared. Then the entire room was filled with sound. Having gone to many live performance, this is the first time seeing such a strong male supporting group (Like seeing the amount of boys coming). The girls seemed really happy since they probably didn't know they would see so many Sones. The security guards were also smiling seeing so many guys there, it was very interesting to them. Everyone knows, at that time there were still a lot of Sones waiting outside since the Korean fan next to me got a call from outside asking if there was anymore room since there were hundreds more outside but there was no more room. As long as there was some room, there were all Sone.

Talk about when the girls performed. When they began to record, the fans at the standing area waved their balloons but it made the camera from behind to not have any good shots so that was why everyone saw only one person standing there. The girls today was really good even though they sang it 4 times but all 4 times, they sang from the beginning to the end, no cuts.[/b] The Sones there, because it was their first time doing the fan chant, had a hard time doing the chant at first. It was loud but a bit messy. But when the girls sang "Gee Gee Gee" and "No No No", the chants were in unison, even the director complimented us saying the effect was good. But maybe because we were loud, it covered up the girls' voice so at the end, MBC made the background music louder which made the live broadcast have weak chants.

During recording, there were some behind the scenes. One time during a break, Sooyoung and Yuri went to some Sones. They never thought that so many people would come. They asked us if we were cold and we said we were. Yuri said she thanked all of us. The second time of recording, Yoona's fans came up with an idea, everyone yelled out 'KIM SAEBYUK". This made the girls not knowing whether to laugh or not. Taeyeon said something but I forgot what it was but it was somethin like "I guess you'll be Kim Saebyuk from now on!" The fourth recording, our Taeyeon corrected some of the pronunciations to some members. Taeyeon especially sang some difficult parts out and then the recording was over. When they were leaving the stage, they looked like they didn't want to leave. It'll be hard to see another stage like this. Then SHINee came up and greeting their fans and Sone and they even sang a part of 'Gee'. Because of the girls' comeback, a lot of SHINee fans weren't able to go in the live recording so some Sones that were inside took some SHINee balloons and waved them when SHINee came on, some yelled out 'Choi Minho!'

Here I would like to say there might be some people that think what happened was impossible but I would like to tell you, today's circumstances are true. Some ss501 fans were amazed at the amount of Sones comeing. They said, "Ah, so many fans of SNSD." They had absolutely no idea. Not too long ago when they participated in anti-ing the girls did they expect now that Sone has expanded this much.

Today's events will be finished here. The most hardest times they and we have overcome. You can think, about 1000 people coming for one group at the auditorium is what kind of idea. There are only some boy groups that are able to achieve this, girl groups are more harder. I don't know about what girl group has achieved this before but in the present the only girl group that is able to achieve this is SNSD.

Credits: SNSDChina, xxdeadline for translations
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:27:27 PM by BeLLisima »

Ava+Siggy by heygingersnap+kamisaka @ AMBN^^

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »
Thanks for posting that Citra! Some interesting reading for sure.

Is it only me or were those boots in the Haptic Him Nae Way to Go bro perf pretty fucking hot? Outfits in general looked really good. And th dance was nice too, not Gee but it looked natural to the song and everything.
[/url]

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2009, 03:26:10 PM »
I didn't notice the boots XD I was checkin' Jessi's shorts I thought they were super cute :D

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2009, 04:30:18 PM »
Sigh... All you think about is ass. Why am I surprised. :|
[/url]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »
I'm going to link the HD versions here so you can just stream HD :)

If HTML was used here, I'd embed the two into HD so you wouldn't have to click on the video, go to youtube, and load the HD there.

I knew it was too quiet. and plain. 4 times? No wonder the girls were tired as hell. But I guess Citra unni is right, this is just their first comeback. Though other comebacks they might be even more tired, at least nerves will be more calm, they have more practice, and people usually improve as performances continue to raise in numbers.
But I totally agree, TaeYeon is wasting her voice on Chinchin. I think it's time for Yuri to finally DJ like she's always wanted to. Soo, Sun, and Tae have had their chance.

Going back to Yul being sick... What happened to the Ma?  XD but seriously though, just like when Sunny passed out, if Yuri's sick, then I have no doubt the other girls are feeling tired as hell too. I've never seen or heard of SooYoung or Jessica sick... so i hope those two are doing good. I'm sure they are, one eats on a healthy basis and the other probably gets the most sleep. Though Jess looks like she'd need to take some lessons from SooYoung on eating more...

AND GAH DAMN, 1000+?

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
i wish they used the Gee MV shorts on the perf. better luck next time i guess...
I :heart:Reina and Seo Hyun | I :heart: Kpop

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #268 on: January 10, 2009, 10:31:06 PM »
Damn that performance was bad.

I was paying more attention to how tired they looked than the actual performance. The dancing was a bit sloppy, and the vocals just as bad. Hyo looked almost as toe-up as me when I woke up this morning. XD

Get some rest girls!!!

The fan account was a good read, though. I was feeling the love both from the fans and the girls.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2009, 06:33:34 AM »
I noticed the clothes they were wearing in the Himnae perf... so chonga XD

Anyway, I just watched the making of on ETN. aww the girls are so cute. Yoon looked tired as hell and Yul had to keep her awake :( but she was still so cute <3

I hope today's perf goes well. i heard there was a band that played the music for them in himnae or that it was band concept... i was almost hoping sooyoung would be on the drums, but i forgot they gotta dance and stuff.
-O_sLaVe

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »
I've never seen or heard of SooYoung or Jessica sick... so i hope those two are doing good.

You jinxed it. Now fans are saying that Sica is sick. :-\

Today's lives seem much better than yesterday's.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2009, 02:33:58 PM »
Todays live was unbelievable. The first outfits to Haptic was just WOW! Look at Kitten! and look at YoonA in that school uniform. And Tae's hair is looking amazing. :drool: Everything about today just felt better. Not that surprising tho since they got the debut nervousness out of them.

I can't wait for more of this.

My God.. I can't get YoonA in that uniform out my head. And that leather jacket and stuff Kitten was wearing. God dammit..
[/url]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »
You jinxed it. Now fans are saying that Sica is sick. :-\

Today's lives seem much better than yesterday's.
UGH! I said that to myself when I heard SooYoung was sick yesterday (Cindy told me). But now Jessica too?!  :sweatdrop:

Omgaz, white tee and jeans <3
"listen Jessi" X_X  :heart:
Yul wearing that headband... it's so different xD
No words for Himnae except: awesome!
Definitely not disappointed this time and the girls did great. I can still tell it's live and everyone looked upbeat... despite Soo and Jess getting sick now. Loved the outfits!

-O_sLaVe

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »
Fuck, I read about Muz earlier and now Gee has dropped to #40.

For those who don't know, Gee's link on Muz website is broken, so you can't play the song, so the ranking ahs dropped LOTS. And this matters coz it'll add to MuBank voting thingy, and since this happens, they might not win Mutizen from there. :tama-mad:

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
i always believe and smell something fishy bout mubank esp when it comes to SM and snsd (they couldnt do anything bout dbsk coz they just too HUGE)

anyway i read at ssf the only broken links are Gee and CYHM huh coincidence much? soshi only
seems like someone doesnt want snsd to make history winning on their comeback perf

Ava+Siggy by heygingersnap+kamisaka @ AMBN^^

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2009, 05:27:16 PM »
bah why does it have to be like this T_T it's so sad, normal people love SNSD and should be rewarded with their awesome songs! antis don't deserve shit because antis are just nobodys and have sour opinions that are pointless and dry.

But I don't understand how the success of a group comes down to some stupid internet link :(
Everyone knows SNSD is awesome and the best at what they do. They are entertaining to watch on TV and listen to and this is why they should win every award!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:31:15 PM by ebc »

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
If they're actually doing that on purpose... Such ungrateful jerks. Over 40% ratings!!! Have they forgotten about that!!!!

Why are Korean TV networks so damn immature?

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »
WTH?! Seriously, even if it wasn't on purpose, why the hell have they not fixed it yet?! I mean, it can't be that hard, especially if you're supposed to freaking maintaining a website! Jeez. 40+% PEOPLE, 40+%! They deserve big votes, especially since they were so anticipated. If for some reason they don't get it, just because of the stupid websites broken link, then tehre's something obviously wrong.

Anyway, how are SeoHyeon, HyoYeon, and Yoona doing? We all know about the other 6 being sick and all... and Yoona seems fine, but I would have thought that something'd go wrong by now since she was busy before the comeback...

-O_sLaVe

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2009, 07:36:19 PM »

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #279 on: January 11, 2009, 08:06:13 PM »
a hyperlink sabotage? if it's intentional then i never thought those retards would be that cheap, i mean come on if snsd's comeback is going to be a bonafide epic why stop it? just STFU and watch it unfold.

Anyway, how are SeoHyeon, HyoYeon, and Yoona doing? We all know about the other 6 being sick and all... and Yoona seems fine, but I would have thought that something'd go wrong by now since she was busy before the comeback...

-O_sLaVe
ma girls are sickness-proof! j/k i hope both of them are just fine and get well soon to the rest of the girls.
I :heart:Reina and Seo Hyun | I :heart: Kpop

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SHINee - Love`s Way