JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - I`ll Be There

Author Topic: Japanese director announces production of Nanjing film to deny massacre  (Read 3732 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Japanese director announces production of Nanjing film to deny massacre
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:42:25 AM »
WTF :shocked:

So sad man.

Offline Kei

• It's legal in MY country!
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »
Wow. What a douchebag.
赤い瞳は ソドムの街で
美しい女を 採集する
針で止めた 蝶や蛾の様に
動けないおまえは 俺の物

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:25:25 AM »
WTF... Stupid nationalists... I'm interested in seeing this though

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:12:11 PM »
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of "proof" this guy tries to come up with to try and prove his theory.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 07:19:11 PM »
This should go over well.

[size=-2]and by well, I mean omgwtf[/size]

Offline idiotboy

• day-to ja nai!
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:42:19 PM »
Quote from: JFC;293115
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of "proof" this guy tries to come up with to try and prove his theory.

i've got a book i picked up from Yasukuni last year that porports to 'prove' that the Nanjing massacre never happened. i don't read any Japanese, but i do do semiotics, and i can read photographs perfectly clearly: and the collection of photos are all attempting to 'prove' that pictures of the massacre were faked. some massacre photos have similar looking earth-formations circled - the implication being that the same photo has been used to make many montages. another sequence of photos compares one 'alleged' massacre photo with an (allegedly) similar photo of smiling Japanese soldiers helping happy Chinese peasants - the implication here clearly being that an ordinary photo of nice Japanese troops has been butchered by malicious enemies (ie, Americans) into a massacre montage.

it's all bullshit of course - hundreds of thousands of Chinese civilians were butchered by a Japanese army (in)famous for 'clearing' all potential opposition; but one of the reasons why the bullshit survives is that the legitimate greivances of Japan up to and during the war (ie, the (illegal) blockade of Japanese shipping organised by FDR in the 30's, and the sanctions applied to Japan, again on FDR's urging, by the League of Nations (on completely spurious grounds)) are also ignored: in that atmosphere it's quite easy for ppl to say 'well, this is denied and that is denied, and the first is true, so why wouldn't the second be true as well?/ (and yes, i'm aware of the logical fallacy in that statement).

and finally: all countries deny their war crimes. here in London, there's a statue of Bomber Harris, the war criminal responsible for the fire bombing of Dresden, in Whitehall, just outside Downing St; my fellow Australians completely ignore the fact that the Australian Army used white phosporous as an anti-personnel device in the Vietnam War (a war crime: it's expressly forbidden by the Geneva Conventions) even as they 'celebrate' the fact that the Australian Army was 'more effective' in Vietnam than the US. And we won't mention what the coalition of the willing are doing in Iraq...

the takeaway is that all wars are criminal. some might be necessary, but they're all criminal. i'm a firm believer that whoever takes a country to war, for whatever reason, should be put on trial (preferable in The Hague) afterwards. Those that were leading wars of resistance will get off, of course - but all leaders should know that this fate awaits them. it's the fact that some wars are seen as legit, even tho they're not, and some are seem as criminal, even tho their legit (with the distinctions being made by the winners, of course) that leads to the sort of denial that the Japanese are in about Nanjing, and the whole 'China Incident'.

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »
There's a museum in China for this massacre. I've been to it and it's pretty disturbing...

You can probably google some pics of it
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 12:36:56 PM »
Let the man complete his film and show his proof. It's just stupid to judge him beforehand.
coot is ctz

Offline trueinnuendo

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 05:41:55 AM »
I wanna see the film first. I'll be very cynical though since it was part of history he's threading against. What about Death March in Bataan, Philippines; and the Fall of Manila?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:50:47 AM by trueinnuendo »

Offline madambaster

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »
I'm interested in seeing this film and "Nanking" which was shown at Sundance. I was reading another article about the director Mizushima and he said that "Nanking" is a "setup by China to control intelligence" and I don't believe that at all. The producer of "Nanking" wrote on his blog about the movie: http://ted.aol.com/index.php?ID=658.

Offline trueinnuendo

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »
Nanjing
1) 20,000 women raped, most are murdered afterwards
2) 300,000 died (according to author of The Rape of Nanking)
Japanese historian says it's 40,000

I think the dispute is only on the "figures" not on the facts.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »
I've seen books that claim that the whole thing was made up.  Being Chinese, this kind of shit is pretty upsetting.  To use a more Eurocentric analogy (ugh) it's like people denying that the Holocaust ever happened.  I know it's not quite the same kind of event, but it's the same kind of bullshit attitude.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline trueinnuendo

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »
The analogy of Holocaust and Nanjing is very valid. Its very existence is under attack nowadays. My beef is that those people who are attacking the veracity of this history are not even around "during" those times they happened.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - I`ll Be There