JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rumtag - Kaerimichi

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 537290 times)

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #900 on: September 13, 2008, 06:39:20 AM »
anybody got the NHL 09 game for the PS3???? be a pro is dope

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #901 on: September 14, 2008, 11:54:27 PM »
I've been fucking with it since Friday on 360. Fucking love it. Horcoff gave me the division victory! Need the game to up my skills before the fantasy league starts. I'm fucking y'all up, you know it.
[/url]

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #902 on: September 15, 2008, 02:08:35 AM »
I've been putting off getting one of the new consoles until Resident Evil 5 comes out, but I really want to play NHL 09. Haha, haven't had a hockey game since NHL 97. Hell, the 360 is dirt cheap now, so maybe I'll pick one up.
Not long till the season starts up, guys! Lets go Pens!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 03:06:58 AM by BradVickers »

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #903 on: September 16, 2008, 07:16:08 AM »
Horcoff is BALLS. LMAO Shit, I just got a new lapper and finally installed NHL 2005 I found off the discount bins. I think there's a fucking bug when I play the Swedish Elite teams:

DON'T FORGET!! :angry:

Yahoo Fantasy HOCKEY!! JPHiPHL 2008-09

Go here: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com

League ID: 6369
Password: rika

Using online live draft. Our live online draft is set for Sun Sep 28 8:00pm PDT, which is 22 days, 20 hours, and 37 minutes from now

Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/jphiphl

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #904 on: September 16, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »
Horcoff is BALLS. LMAO Shit, I just got a new lapper and finally installed NHL 2005 I found off the discount bins. I think there's a fucking bug when I play the Swedish Elite teams:

LOL! XD Well you know how it goes. Swedes are famous for being a couple of sizes bigger than most other people, and i'm not just talking about down thurr. 8)

Too bad it's fucking Färjestad BK, the most gay team in history of hockey. :(

So what's up. What's the prediction for this season? Who gon' win?
[/url]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #905 on: September 24, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »
d'oh just when I was gonna spiel some sports...tragedy hits close to home...one of my fave Oilers of all time:

Markkanen family mourns loss of oldest son
Four-year-old Olli dies in tragic fall from third floor of apartment in Russia

Jim Matheson
The Edmonton Journal

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

EDMONTON - When he was excitingly playing goal in the Stanley Cup final two years ago against Carolina, proud papa Jussi Markkanen had the names of his two young boys, Olli and Juho, on the back of his mask.

The boys were on his mind every night, also very close to his heart, but on Sunday in Moscow, the former Edmonton Oilers netminder had his heart shattered when four-year-old Olli died in a tragic accident at their apartment.

Olli was playing with his brother Juho and tumbled out of an open third-storey window to the street below.

An ambulance was immediately called, but it was too late.

"I was just at Jussi's cottage (in Finland) this summer visiting the family ... this is devastating. They lived in Bill Comrie's house in Jussi's last year here. You'd see the boys running around the rink in their Oiler sweaters," said Finnish journalist Jouni Nieminen.

"If you're a parent, how can you fathom this happening?" asked Oilers goalie coach Pete Peeters. "I'm at a total loss for words."

"He's such a good person and a great parent ... I wouldn't wish this on anybody," said Oilers assistant general manager Kevin Prendergast.

Markkanen rescued the Oilers after the first game of the 2006 Cup final when Dwayne Roloson badly sprained his knee in a goalmouth collision. Markkanen hadn't played in months, but dressed in the last six games, winning three, including a stirring 4-0 shutout at Rexall Place in Game 6.

The Oilers chose not to re-sign the 33-year-old goalie, who played 102 regular season games for Edmonton in two different stints. He went on to play for Jokerit Helsinki. This year, he went to Moscow to play in the Continental League as a starting goalie.

"The first Finn ever to play for Red Army," said Nieminen.

The Red Army team lost to rival Moscow Dynamo 4-3 in the hours after Olli died, then the whole team came over to Markkanen's apartment later to offer their support.

Jussi's wife, Sanna, and the boys joined Markkanen in Russia only a couple of weeks ago.

"Just thinking about this troubles me ... I can't begin to imagine what Jussi is going through," said agent Don Meehan, whose Toronto-based firm represents the goalie.

"My associate Craig Oster talked to Jussi when he phoned us, and (today) I'll talk to Jussi and find out about the funeral arrangements and where people can send notes and condolences."

jmatheson@thejournal.canwest.com

© The Edmonton Journal 2008

Condolences to Jussi and his FAM  :cry:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #906 on: September 25, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
Man, that's not the kinda thing that anyone should have to go through.  Condolences to the Juice and his family and friends.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #907 on: October 04, 2008, 06:10:14 PM »
NICE!!! Time for some hockey!!! The Pens are hurting, but I still have high hopes! Not really happy with what went down in the offseason, but who knows...

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #908 on: October 07, 2008, 09:39:47 AM »
Damn straight the Pens are hurting! Wow, Jason Smith just made a mockery of Crosby and Malkin. So glad to see the season rolling even though the games are in the afternoon so missed em while I was watching football lol

OMGASS - Canucks Fan! Start the Parade, Michel Ouellet is in town!! Luongo wearing the C on his face is gonna be a prime target haha.

SHIT Rangers looking tight with Markus Naslund and Wade Redden. East is gonna be tough.

I'm all PUMPED for the Oilers - even tho the toughness, face offs, and Hemsky being consistent is bothering me - its still gonna be fun seeing Sourray and Visnosky run the PP straight up the opponent's ASS! Did ya see Steve MacIntyre  destroy that flamer? TKO!! Wearing Pittkanen's old number no less

HEY don't forget. Oilers third Jersey unveiling ... in less than 7.5 HOURS!

They're saying it's some retro vibe...damn Katz. Knowing how to ring in the big bucks!

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #909 on: October 07, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »
Damn straight the Pens are hurting! Wow, Jason Smith just made a mockery of Crosby and Malkin.

SHIT Rangers looking tight with Markus Naslund and Wade Redden. East is gonna be tough.

I'd really like to see the Pens make a play for Marian Gaborik. I know it's only been two games, but I can't see Satan or Fedotenko developing into the type of high scoring wingers that Crosby needs. Hopefully our Fin, Janne Pesonen, gets real good real fast down in the AHL. Need some more firepower. (Still say we should have tried to get Jagr)

Jason Smith is such a bitch. Pounds on the superstars, then pussies out once our goon (Godard) tries to start something with him. Still don't know why we're playing two goons (Godard & Bissonnette) at the same time...

Yeah, I watched the Rangers games and got kinda worried. Hah, at least we only play division teams 6 times this year!

I think the Oilers have a pretty good shot at making the playoffs this year. Although, it's going to be the 7/8 spot, so you're going up against the Wings, or maybe the Sharks. haha, Good luck with that.

Baba Booey

Offline WishForFany

• SNSD Coming Back!
« Reply #910 on: October 09, 2008, 03:01:29 AM »
Naslund time!!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #911 on: October 10, 2008, 01:23:55 AM »
Read this story about a former NHL goalie accidentally shooting himself.

I clicked on the You Tube link showing him getting slashing on the ice and bleeding buckets.  Holy shit, Batman!  Gruesome stuff...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #912 on: October 10, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »
WHOA yeah dude. Clint Malarchuk getting slashed lead to neck protection, what bad luck damn.

Oilers 3rd jerseys looking TIGHT

Apparently, 3rd jerseys are introduced by MANY teams. Check out this blog:
http://icethetics.blogspot.com/

Shit even, Brodeur is changing his mask. And Roli is gonna honor Fuhr- dunno how much longer he's gonna get the chance :ol:

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Since the CBC was retarded enough to lose the rights to the Hockey Night in Canada theme, they got this contest going WHERE YOU! can compose your own. They got it down to 5 finalists and the winner will be announced this Saturday.

HAVE YOU VOTED FOR THE NEW HNIC THEME SONG!?

http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/

I dunno -- it's like they're TRYING to rekindle the original theme.  Blasphemy, the HNIC on a Saturday evening is tradition. Well, here's to the local dude whatever his name is.

SEASON STARTS SUNDAY for the Oilers, I'm tired of waitng!!!

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #913 on: October 10, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
Canucks raped Flames 6 - 0 what???!!!!

Fans booed Big Bert. Ohlund smoked him.

Iginla got booed. Got pissed off and tries to hit nucks. LOLOL

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #914 on: October 14, 2008, 07:30:04 AM »
LOL the Albertan won the HNIC Theme contest. Big deal XD

GREAT home opener by the Oil. AVS GOT FUCKED IN THE ASS and Edmonton forgot to pay!! Not too happy bout the Oilers losing all dem faceoffs. No Stoll. No Reasoner. And OUTSHOT fuck.

And shocker Rangers prospect Cherepanov, 19, dies.... damn. Jagr was there too.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #915 on: October 14, 2008, 08:26:11 AM »

Poor kid. It's crazy, I've been waiting for him to come over to the NHL ever since the draft. I was pulling for the Pens to pick him, but the Rangers were one spot ahead and beat us to him. I felt bad for him because he was expected to go really high, but with all the shit that goes on with Russian players, he got knocked way back. Hell, they were just talking about him on NHL Live a week ago.
Here's a vid of the incident if anyone is really interested.
[youtube=425,350]6AsRGC1UCbE[/youtube]
Sucks for Jags, heard he was like the kids mentor.

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #916 on: October 14, 2008, 08:36:49 AM »
Chilling almost like what happened to the Wings Jiri Fischer....man athletes push themselves to just even get an inch of ice time. And here we are booing the fuck outta em. Ripping em on radio shows and the net....

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #917 on: October 15, 2008, 08:37:38 AM »

Go Rangers!  :w00t:

R.I.P.  :cry:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #918 on: October 15, 2008, 09:24:47 AM »
i think this guy has a chronic heart problem apparently. but the league is too blame. the arena lacked a defiliberator and it took the ambulance 20 minutes to get him to the hospital. i heard this is going to be a criminal investigation now

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #919 on: October 21, 2008, 08:10:43 AM »
Makes star players think twice about going to the KHL now....

How bout dem Oilers!! 4-0 BABY!! Gotta get Horcoff-Hemsky going but the other lines are looking good. The faceoffs have been improving. Fuckin Garon is UNREAL!!

SMACKintrye destroying the Flamers BACK TO BACK!!

HEY CALGARY! TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES!!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rumtag - Kaerimichi