JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aeronauts - 5 days

Author Topic: Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech - WHAT DO YOU THINK!?  (Read 5162 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech - WHAT DO YOU THINK!?
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:44:13 AM »

This past Friday, Michael Jordan was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame along with C. Vivian Stringer, David Robinson, John Stockton, and Jerry Sloan.

His acceptance speech however, has gotten people across the media and the net all in a frenzy!!!??? Petty!! Meanie!! Rude!!

I was like WTF?! I had to find out for myself and copped me the AVI rip.
DOWNLOAD IT HERE!!

or watch on YT:

Michael Jordan Hall Of Fame Speech PT 1
Michael Jordan Hall Of Fame Speech PT 2
Michael Jordan Hall Of Fame Speech PT 3

Before I get into a rant, let's hear from YOU!!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Re: Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech - WHAT DO YOU THINK!?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:09:48 AM »
bitter old man!! cant leave the beef behind

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
LOL MAN. You got it all wrong Honger. The media who ripped up Jordan, called him petty, a bully? They fucked up.This man is a champion, a winner. Jordan knows he is the greatest and will never back down from a challenge. This speech is the best I ever heard, a REVERSE roast if you may. It proves over and over why Michael Jordan is the GREATEST of all time. A Man with Serial Swagga. What's he supposed to do? Go around and say how much he sucked? Nah, he just took the opportunity to explain how he came to this point in his life as a member of the Hall of Fame, and that he wasn't finished with just being enshrined.

Sure, he thanked his teammates, coaches, and of course his family. Scottie Pippen, Dean Smith, Toni Kukoc, Dennis Rodman, Charles Oakley were all there.

But he also thanked those who helped motivate him. People like Riley, Van Gundy, and the Knicks hit him hard, Jordan hit em back harder. Young punks like Byron Russell talk shit end up getting owned in highlight reels from here to eternity. What weak people would feel as "calling you out" was what Jordan called a challenge. And he never backed down from it.

Instead of a lame anecdote filled borefest, Jordan showed his humour. He went through his trials and tribulations. He never saw his baseball experience as a failure, merely a stepping stone to things that are better. What drives you? Nowadays our society is too weak. Wiling to give up, hideaway when things go as unexpected. Life is a roller coaster. You need to take it head on, and Jordan did that in his career. Time and time again, when critics would dis him. When his team was just not good enough to top the great Celtics and Pistons of the East, Jordan kept on improving, adding new elements to his game. Sound like somebody?

This part of his speech, where he obviously had written down, was what hit me close to home:

"The game of basketball has been everything to me. My refuge, my place I've always gone when I needed comfort and peace. It's been a source of intense pain and a source of most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction and one that no one can even imagine. It's been a relationship that has evolved over time and has given me the greatest respect and love for the game. It's provided me a platform to share my passion with millions, in way that I neither expected, nor could have imagined in my career. I hope that it's given the millions of people that I've touched the optimism and desire to achieve their goals through hard work, perseverance and positive attitude. Although I'm recognized with this tremendous honor of being in the basketball Hall of Fame. I don't look at this moment as the defining end of my relationship with basketball. It’s simply a continuation of something I started a long time ago. One day you might look up and see me playing the game at 50..oh don't laugh....

Never Say Never. Limits, like fears are often just an illusion."

Just take "basketball" and replace it with JPHiP and you see. Jordan is someone that proves that he is a winner, everyday.

The whole speech was about his comeptitive fire, his drive. And we should all follow in his example and work to be better people. Every negative can be turned into a positive. Someone step on yo pumas? Instead of beating them up or hiding. WORK HARDER, be better. Prove nay sayers wrong.

Michael Jordan - Greatest Player of All Time and ultimate Role Model. Can't wait until he suits up for the Bobcats :lol:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »
dont step on my pumas...

Offline Chadjones2013

• ecchi
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 02:36:40 AM »
Haha I thought his hall of fame speech was hilarious.  He let petty grudges drive him throughout his career.  Phil Jackson loved it as well because he said it was vintage michael.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aeronauts - 5 days