JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - On & On

Author Topic: WHO IS THE BEST DANCER?  (Read 47682 times)

Offline tjc45

• heyyyy you mofo
WHO IS THE BEST DANCER?
« on: January 03, 2011, 01:53:18 AM »
 :yossi:

sowy, i can only put in 5 answers  :thumbdown:

Offline taenglovely

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: WHO IS THE BEST DANCER?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:30:34 AM »
IMO Hyo is the best dancer in SNSD

Hyo, Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 03:57:13 AM »
You actually can add more options. Just hit the add option button under the 5 preset options
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:06:14 AM »
Is this poll really necessary? In this case, unlike the sexy poll, it's not all subjective. Hyo really is the clear frontrunner in all aspects. She was the ONLY female trainee to be in the boys' dance classes.

The rest does have subjective bits, but it's basically tier-based.

I do believe Yuri firmly has 2nd place locked down. She has full control over all different styles, but where Hyo beats her is in power and stage presence.(And training in additional styles, since Hyo began with ballroom, and we know she learned tap dance at WDS.)

In the next tier you have Sooyoung, Yoona, and Jessica WHEN SHE'S NOT BEING HER LAZY SELF  :lol:. This tier is for people whose base level is solidly comparable to top dancers in other groups(Hyunaaaaaa...) but may not be able to do expressions across the board quite as well.
Sooyoung and Yoona both are too skinny to have the right amount of heft behind their moves sometimes, so Yoona's strength is in precision moves as her ITNW concert dance battle solo highlighted. Sooyoung, as Jaewon noted in his analyses, obsesses over details and so often has a slightly better level of "gangsta-attitude" expression than Yoona, but she's not quite as precise AND I CAN'T FIND GOOD FOOTAGE OF HER DANCE BATTLE SOLO ANYWHERE  :angry: but cameras tend to miss her footwork which is one of her strengths. However, Yoona is getting much better with her facial expressions and will sometimes be better than Sooyoung on the sexy routines.
Jessica has the ability to be in Dance Line, and she kinda was early in SNSD's debut, leading the Chaotic routine with Hyo and such. And of course that preview belly dancing video. :9 :9 :9 As of now she's also fallen into "too skinny" world. :( But we've never seen Jessica dancing at full potential in any of the power routines so I can't for sure know how I'd rank her at full potential. But in both Laarbasses and her MTV solo of Chaotic she's been a bit flaily with the arms, not as precise with the positioning and posture.

In the next tier you have Seo, who dances as solidly as Sooyoung and Yoona, but lacks that additional layer of emotion needed.

Then you have Taeyeon and Jessica Lazy Ver. If you watch a lot of the routines where they subunit into threes and such, such as Crazy in Love, the RDR intro dances, and ITNW remix, Jessica often gets groups with a combination of non-Dance Line 4 so she can happily half-ass stuff and not get criticized too much.  :lol: But she'll get the moves right, even if they're half-assed. Both in Crazy in Love and the GDA RDR intro she was the crispest one in her grouping, as well as the only one not to make a mistake.(Even Seo screwed up Crazy In Love)
Just as Jaewon noted, Taeyeon will make up for her lesser technique by expressing the hell out of it. Dancing Taeyeon is at her sexiest. Also don't forget in the MTV solos Taeyeon did Break Away right along with Original Dance Trio HyoYoonYul, and nailed it.

Last tier is Tiffany and Sunny. Sunny has good sexpressions but is kind of inconsistent about them. Tiffany ROCKED the awesome DC RDR intro but that's a rare case for her.

And basically this is all in-line with Jaewon's own analyses. XD That boy loves Hyo so much, she's definitely one of if not his favorite students OF ALL TIME.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:44:24 AM »
I picked Yuri because she has the most equal proportioned body of the girls.
Oh and that ab....

Offline zakdl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »
I thought it was obvious who the best dancer in SNSD was :lol:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
This is almost as bad as who is the funniest I can't rank em. They all have their moments and strengths.

Hyoyeon kind of phones it in most of the time in the little solos parts in singles that she gets but put her 1 on 1 against anyone in a battle or something and she will turn it on and WRECK EM! I almost feel bad for others because her fierceness kind of overwhelms. I mean hell I though she kind of managed to outshine even Chunmoo Stephanie. O_o I also noticed in some of the Japanese performances she represented with that strut of fury and attitude when the camera got that low angle. I remember watching thinking "YES! YES! haha this is SNSD". :bow: If I had to choose one member to represent in a dance competition I would probably pick Hyo.

Yuri messes up a TON :lol: but she is probably the most flexible (although their Yoga instructor claimed Yoona was the most flexible but I haven't seen it) Baby J and Victoria are probably the only ones i've seen do more freakish stuff and I like how she adds a little adlibs just about each performance. Plus that body and famous waves!

Yoona is actually my favorite to watch although I may be biased. she always puts a lot of snap into all the moves and does all the little stuff right. She puts on a good face even if it's a maybe a cutesy type of song or one she might not necessarily love where as Taeyeon and Hyoyeon for instance I can tell they sometimes aren't always felling it in stuff like Gee or Oh. She can also WOORRRRK IIIIIIT when need be. The one thing I always notice is her long limbs combined with the full extension she puts into the moves makes for a striking sight.

Sooyoung sort of has the long limed thing as well although not quite the "matter of factness". She is weak physically/athletically but strong in everything else. If I had to describe I would say she's very savvy in dancing and everything else, a pro. She seems to know and learn all the other groups in K-pops dances too. It's also amazing how hot I find her sometimes. :drool:

Tiffany is Tiffany, she isn't great but works twice as hard as the others and is just so God damned endearing. :lol:

Sunny of course has the the overdone Cuteness and Sexyness shtick XD but she is also probably the most athletic although not the most graceful.

Taeyeon is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Surprisingly good tbh with some days that make you where you go. :huhuh  :?  :huhuh -___-

Jessica was supposedly one of the top dancing trainees in SM and it has shown a couple times... but the "I don't give a fuck" more often than not is pretty awesome I must say. :rofl:

Seohyun is developing some good fierceness and improving stage presence but I still can't help envision that ultra feminine and timid nature she has. She is actually a really solid dancer and can be in any of the complex dances when they split off.

Offline trooper

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »
Is this poll really necessary? In this case, unlike the sexy poll, it's not all subjective. Hyo really is the clear frontrunner in all aspects. She was the ONLY female trainee to be in the boys' dance classes.

The rest does have subjective bits, but it's basically tier-based.

I do believe Yuri firmly has 2nd place locked down. She has full control over all different styles, but where Hyo beats her is in power and stage presence.(And training in additional styles, since Hyo began with ballroom, and we know she learned tap dance at WDS.)
Jessica has the ability to be in Dance Line, and she kinda was early in SNSD's debut, leading the Chaotic routine with Hyo and such. And of course that preview belly dancing video. :9 :9 :9 As of now she's also fallen into "too skinny" world. :( But we've never seen Jessica dancing at full potential in any of the power routines so I can't for sure know how I'd rank her at full potential. But in both Laarbasses and her MTV solo of Chaotic she's been a bit flaily with the arms, not as precise with the positioning and posture.

Rayle pretty much sums it all, HyoYeon is in a different league all together. sometime I feel really sad for her to be part of SNSD and not able to fully show her true "kongfu"

and I agree Sica is getting lazy lately.  :lol:

This is almost as bad as who is the funniest I can't rank em. They all have their moments and strengths.

Hyoyeon kind of phones it in most of the time in the little solos parts in singles that she gets but put her 1 on 1 against anyone in a battle or something and she will turn it on and WRECK EM! I almost feel bad for others because her fierceness kind of overwhelms. I mean hell I though she kind of managed to outshine even Chunmoo Stephanie. O_o I also noticed in some of the Japanese performances she represented with that strut of fury and attitude when the camera got that low angle. I remember watching thinking "YES! YES! haha this is SNSD". :bow: If I had to choose one member to represent in a dance competition I would probably pick Hyo.

Yuri messes up a TON :lol: but she is probably the most flexible (although their Yoga instructor claimed Yoona was the most flexible but I haven't seen it) Baby J and Victoria are probably the only ones i've seen do more freakish stuff and I like how she adds a little adlibs just about each performance. Plus that body and famous waves!

Yoona is actually my favorite to watch although I may be biased. she always puts a lot of snap into all the moves and does all the little stuff right. She puts on a good face even if it's a maybe a cutesy type of song or one she might not necessarily love where as Taeyeon and Hyoyeon for instance I can tell they sometimes aren't always felling it in stuff like Gee or Oh. She can also WOORRRRK IIIIIIT when need be. The one thing I always notice is her long limbs combined with the full extension she puts into the moves makes for a striking sight................................................

That means you haven't watch invincible Youth! Yuri shown her Yoga moves in IY EP08@091211.
Like Hyoyeon, Victoria n Baby J is in a way different acrobatic league, the extreme type. a person with normal figure if practice hard enough will probably be as good as Yuri but equal Victoria n Baby J? IMPOSSIBLE unless you gone thru the hell like torture in your childhood--from 5 years old. no surprise, both of them are from China...

I love watching YoonA dance, she's elegant like a ballerina. although I won't claim her to be better than Yuri...

I actually find her performance more attractive than BoA.

p.s. sorry to break up your post, don't want to make the thread too messy with walls of texts. :) apologise if this is unacceptable.  :cry:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 07:02:25 PM »
^Nah, it's cool and actually better to excerpt only the relevant parts you're replying to.

I mention Jaewon's analyses a couple times in my post, and for people who don't know what I was referring to: Original Source
Jaewon is a choreographer and dance teacher at SM, and the guy Yoona gave her $1 meal to during Manwon Happiness. He used to be in failed boybands Eagle5 and Black Beat. He choreographed Lucifer and put together SNSD's first Star Dance Battle routine, most notably Circus. I'm also pretty sure he put the ITNW dance together? If you look on his Cyworld videos section there are videos of him dancing the original versions of the Circus routine and the My Love routine Hyo used at Chocolate. So he knows his dancing stuff, and he knows SNSD's dancing abilities.

When Sisa Journal did their breakdown on SNSD's abilities, they asked Jaewon to provide the analysis for their dancing skills.

Yuri -She tries to pursue perfection. She excels at group performance more than her solo. I like her overall movement and atmosphere. When there is a closeup shot of her, she knows what expression to make and knows how to move her body to ensure it comes out beautifully on the screen.

Yoona -I like her wave the most. Although she doesn’t have a flashy solo, when she performs the same choreography within the group, she is great at being in rhythm. Because of her long arms and legs, her line is appealing. Even when she dances to a male dance routine, she still looks cool. She is able to express her dance in a natural way without over doing it. Her talent for comprehending the choreography is excellent.

Sunny -Rather than say she dances well, she is good at expressing them. When it’s her part, she is able to convey her image with conviction. It’s possible because she possesses the talent to express herself. And still, she is great at leading when it comes to teamwork. She also has the ability to create dance routines that is harmonizing.

Taeyeon -She’s able to coordinate well with her tall friends despite that she’s short. She would not neglect her dance choreography even though the camera focused on the other member. Her good facial expressions would make her dance choreography to look more complete/full so that’s why she does not need to have a great dance choreography.

Tiffany -She would study and watch alot of foreign dance clips/information. The number of times that she practice her dance choreography is the highest in the group. Right after their group dance practice(s), she would come back to the dance studio again and practice by herself. She’s a versatile performer – She can pull off cute, mature and other images.

Jessica -Her straightforward mindset : “How should I dance in order to look good infront of the camera?” She has her own way to make herself more outstanding. Her execution of her solo dance parts are quite precise but as for the group dance parts, she would neglect some small details. Although it’s such a pity, it does not affect the overall performance

Seohyun -Her execution of the group dance parts are precise so that’s why she always completes the targeted number of dance practices. She overcomes those difficult dance choreography by having enough practices. Her flaw would be because she’s young, the quality of her dance performace(s) is still lacking. But she would often do researches, and think about how to execute the performances even more better.

Hyoyeon -She can be crowned as a professional dancer because of her outstanding dancing skills. Her transition from her dance waves to powerful dance moves is flexible. This is because she’s able to adjust the level of her exertion of strength perfectly and she has strong rhythm sense. She has clear understandings in the field of dancing because she received dancing trainings since young.

Sooyoung -She’s smart friend. Her attentiveness – she would take care of small little details. Although the first time when she dances is not quite good, her passion for dancing and her constant dance practices help her to overcome it. She clearly knows her image, and she knows how to capture a creative concept.

XD :lol: At his disappointment over Jessica not dancing to potential. We are too, Jaewon. We are, too.  :lol:

So in summary, Hyo is pro, Yoonyul are group dancers, SooSeo are detail freaks, Jessica does whatever the fuck she wants, Dandyu express rather than dance XD, and Tiffany practices. A lot. :lol:

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 10:15:01 PM »
Wow his descriptions are scary close to mine. O_O I swear to god I never saw his analysis before. :lol:

Offline david260684

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
newbie here...
i choose hyo yeon of the best dancer of SNSD

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:15 AM »
Why this question? It's like asking who has the biggest boobs, it's obvious!

Asparagus Man, of course.

I wonder if the girls are still taking dance classes. I haven't been contented with their dance in a while. I don't know if they've just been kinda sloppy or was it the choreographies. Not for their singles, I mean, but specials like dance battles. The last time I was impressed was their first Smooth Criminal performance.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 01:02:56 AM »
pssh.... I never understood the all the Asparagus Man love, waaaaaaaay overrated dance wise imo (his boobs are falsies too, just sayin')

Rhythm Nation was after Smooth Criminal right? I liked that one a lot.

They did the whole version in the concert I think:
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33J09dZBoQw#t=4m50s[/noembed]

and I thought the dance battle thing was cool, showed some serious skills (the editing and camera did suck balls).

Yea I can't think of any other dance stages this year and none with everyone. [noembed] ()[/noembed] but they had done those before. Plus imo the singles dances since Genie I haven't really been anything catchy or complex either. :C
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:13:20 AM by zoolander »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
Asparagus Man, of course.

I wonder if the girls are still taking dance classes. I haven't been contented with their dance in a while. I don't know if they've just been kinda sloppy or was it the choreographies. Not for their singles, I mean, but specials like dance battles. The last time I was impressed was their first Smooth Criminal performance.

Is he related to - that's the greenest dancing veggie I could find besides

They just gotta stop dancing to BEP :lol:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 04:03:53 PM »
I don't even know who Asparagus Man is. XD

I kinda like Oh! dance coz we got to see the rehearsal vid. They should've released one for every single and maybe I'd appreciate their choreographies more. :-\

Offline Hoshi~

• Always 1~ S❤NE
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 01:34:47 AM »
The best one must be Hyo~  :heart:
But when I saw her, sooyoung, seohyun,yuri and sunny perform smooth criminal...
I understood there were many talented people xD

Love: Hoshi~

Offline sungjin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 06:43:21 AM »
Hyo is best dancer Yuri is 2nd i think. And Yoona always looks stunning when she dance.

Offline amecchan

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »
HyoYeon is clearly jjang...
I'd even go as far as to say it's sad to see Yuri so close to her, there's such a long way between them. Even as a Yuri bias I say that...
That's why I voted Hyo only.
If I wanted to pick another it would be Yuri though, but still...

Offline tdizo

• ecchi
  • =D
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 05:24:20 AM »
Picked Hyoyeon and Yuri. Even though I wanted to pick Tiffany since she's my favorite. If I'm honest though, she isn't one of the stronger dancers.

Offline holidayman

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
Hyoyeon  :cow:

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - On & On