JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December

Author Topic: [JPN] Kobayashi Takeru  (Read 9117 times)

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
[JPN] Kobayashi Takeru
« on: July 18, 2009, 05:46:37 AM »
Quote from: Wikipedia
Takeru Kobayashi (小林尊) (b. March 15, 1978) is a Japanese competitive eater and a member of the International Federation of Competitive Eating (IFOCE). He held the world record for hot dog eating for nearly six years, and holds several other eating records, and is ranked third in the world for competitive eating according to the International Federation of Competitive Eating.

The guy is AWESOME! He's got abs of steel, and the cutest smile I've ever seen on a japanese guy!!!

I met him today and now I'm officially a fan. He's amazingly nice and sweet, and he deserves a thread for the ladies to admire him ^o^

I love how he changes hair styles and colors so often XD  Here's some of his many looks:

:ptam-ok:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:15:34 PM by Rei-chan »

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [JPN] Kobayashi Takeru
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 10:59:47 AM »
Bears can fuck with Kobayashi!!

Kobayashi vs Giant Bear

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
The bear just slurped and swallowed the hot dogs as if they were spaghetti XD 

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »
Here's what I wrote about my experience meeting him, the pics we took and the autograph for JPH!P :D:

Quote from: Rei-chan
I had a great experience meeting him  :D   Me and my two friends arrived at the event just in time. He was going to be the judge in the finale of a Taco Bell burrito eating contest, and after that he was going to try to beat his record for charity. For each burrito he ate, $100 were donated to a home for abandoned children. Before the event started, we took lots of pics of him and his abs XD. I also managed to take a pic of myself with him (which I dont have coz it's on my friend's camera), and he was super adorable and nice. I realized I forgot to bring something proper for him to sign, so my friend went running to a store nearby to get one of the pics we just took of him developed, so that he could sign it  XD!! 

The event went on, he was amazing, eating 64 burritos in 15 minutes O_O  After the event, I was standing by his translator Yuka, who was super nice, and i asked her if i could have an autograph from him. She called him over immediately and he was super nice, signed the autograph to me and JPH!P, took pics with us, etc. He was a sweetheart and he had the cutest smile =D

Then he went back to the stage to take official pics with the contest participants and so on... I decided to write him a lil note in my basic japanese XD  I showed it to Yuka first, and asked if it was ok >_>  She smiled and showed me two thumbs up, so i said YAY! and she said YAY! XD  Then he came over to us and I gave him the note. He was so surprised that someone here in PR would give him a note in japanese! He said "oooooo SUGOI! =O" and asked me something else I cant remember now. He seemed really happy, and said "arigatou! sugoi!" a couple of times =DDD  Then he asked me for my e-mail! I wrote it on the note, and he said "Arigatou!" and i said "Arigatou" back, shaking my head like "nooo, thank YOU!" XD  and he said "HAI!" and smiled and then he waved to me as i left.

He was so nice, I'm a super fan of him now XD

Here's the pics we took of him before and during the event:

Signing the autograph! I gave him a lil piece of paper that said "JPH!P" so that he knew how to write it ^_~   :jphip:

Me and Takeru! I love these, especially the right one because he's looking at me and he looks so sweet XD

And finally, here's the JPH!P shoutout! (I pixelated my name XD)  Note that he had to write using on his lap, and it was a pen instead of a sharpie, so it was a bit hard for him <3

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 07:50:45 AM »
Oh noes!! I didn't see the news about this year's Nathan's competition until now! Kobayashi was arrested!!! Mean bastards...  :(

Anyway, according to Wikipedia:

On June 28, 2010, Kobayashi announced he would not compete in the Nathan's Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Competition reportedly due to a labor impasse with Major League Eating over the ability to compete in contests not sanctioned by MLE.

On July 4th 2010, Kobayashi, was in attendance at the Nathan's International Hot Dog Eating Contest, watching from the crowd. Wearing a black T-shirt that read "Free Kobi", Kobayashi mingled with the crowd, standing inside a police-barricaded pen just under the stage. After the competition ended, he slipped up the stage stairs and crashed the stage. Although he was initially welcomed by co-host George Shea, security officers quickly ushered him offstage as he resisted vehemently, hanging on to the barricades and fences before being taken into custody. Though some witnesses reported that Kobayashi was attempting to congratulate the winner, Joey Chestnut, co-host and Major League Eating President Richard Shea, stated that "[Kobayashi] tried to jump on stage during the awards ceremony to disrupt it."With the crowd chanting “Let him eat! Let him eat!”, police handcuffed him. He was charged with resisting arrest, trespassing and obstructing governmental administration and spent the rest of the 4th of July in jail awaiting an appearance in Brooklyn Criminal Court.

Kobayashi's interpreter and publicist, Maggie James said he had hoped the Coney Island crowd would recognize him and he could offer them an eating demonstration "for free". She said "There's a contract dispute, so they weren't giving him his freedom".

Kobayashi told reporters he had a sandwich and a glass of milk while being held. "I am very hungry," he said. "I wish there were hot dogs in jail."

Seriously, did THAT warrant an arrest? He's a freaking icon of the competition and wasn't harming anyone. Watch and judge by yourself:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »
Seems they were threatened he'd kick all their asses!! Joey Chestnut didn't eat as many as last time and Kobayashi easily coulda beat him. :/

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 05:30:11 PM »
Right? I think so too XD 

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »
EPIC BUMP!!

Competitive-eater smashes record and eats 337 chicken wings in 30 minutes at the Wing Bowl
By Daily Mail Reporter | Last updated at 6:17 PM on 3rd February 2012

Who needs a Super Bowl ring?

Competitive-eating champ Takeru Kobayashi conquered Philadelphia's annual gustatory gorge-fest by eating 337 chicken wings in a half-hour before a crowd of nearly 20,000 at Wing Bowl XX.

The Japanese phenom demolished the record of 255 set last year by Jonathan 'Super' Squibb.

The Friday morning extravaganza drew thousands to the Wells Fargo Center before sunrise to watch competitors stuff themselves with chicken wings.

Kobayashi claimed a $20,000 cash prize for his victory.

Squibb had been trying to win his fourth consecutive Wing Bowl crown, but the Berlin, N.J., man finished a distant second with 271 wings.

It was the six-time Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest champ's first time competing at Wing Bowl, though he consumed a cheesesteak in 24 seconds as part of an eating exhibition last year.

He also managed to scoff 7.5lb of turkey in 10 minutes in Turtle Bay, New York, the day before Thanksgiving last year. Dan Rollman, of Recordsetter.com, said at the time, 'Never in my life have witnessed food disappear like that. The man is true culinary Houdini.'

Kobayashi, who is 33, is 5ft 8ins and weighs 128lbs.

Friday's feat meant the pint sized superstar consumed somewhere north of 20,000 calories.

Just last month he ate 14 Twinkies in one minutes on a radio show as part of the Save the Twinkie campaign after Hostess declared bankruptcy.

He no longer competes in Nathan's Annual Hot Dog contest because of a contract dispute.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2096061/Competitive-eater-smashes-record-eats-337-chicken-wings-30-minutes-Wing-Bowl.html

To put things in perspective, he ate a little less than 29 dozen wings.  :shocked
I can eat quite a bit when I'm really hungry, and lately I'm usually stuffed with 2 dozen.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 01:04:00 AM »

:lol: @ the totally "WTF?" look on Peri's face.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Holstein - December