JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mikabomb - Heart Attack

Author Topic: Majisuka Gakuen Season 3 Discussion Thread  (Read 110813 times)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
Re: Majisuka Gakuen Season 3 Discussion Thread
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
Finally up to date. There's just something about this show which makes me really want to see it - maybe its the damn slow pace.

EP10: Annin Paru was ridiculous, lets trade punches. They should have made out at the end. Jurina completely ruled when she arrived. I'm so glad the revolution has finally started - Paru being a boss. As always, pretty excited for next ep.

Chihiro

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »
Man, the LemonRena dynamic is growing on me.

Still not buying the Yuria hype. She's slightly overacted without having any real distinct character. If Paruru's acting was actually convincing she'd basically be Yuria's acting and they'd be a perfect couple of blandness, lol. Makes me wonder if that's why they cut back on the ParuPeace so much, after they realized that they have, like, negative chemistry with each other. XD

In contrast, the rest of Habu's acting has gotten better over the course of the series. Mongoose have been pretty awesome from the start, of course.

YES, they finally justified the front end of episodes developing the bonds of Habu! Okay, going to stand by my opinion that MG3 has had the best writing out of the three seasons thus far.

Lol, the color of the supervisor's blood is too pink.

Dananananana nananananana NOBUBATMAN.

Heh, Bunker may have turned out to be one of the weaker members of Mongoose, but she still remains awesome as a character in the way she consistently acts.

AHAHAHAHAHA They actually made the point that Peace smuggled in fucking scissors into the place a plot point. Too bad it should have been someone STABBING THE FUCKING GUARDS WITH IT instead of a stupid suicide threat.

Um. What. They had baseball bats, pipes, and shit the entire fucking time. WHAT. THE. FUCK. I can't. I just can't. What.

Trying to shoehorn in Peace development this late in the game out of nowhere is fail. There was no build-up about any abandonment/loneliness issues Peace might have had to justify her clinginess, much less that "I've never had friends before" shit. Even Komimi's forced tell, don't show backstory reveal was done better than this.

Whoooo more ObaShimada teamwork! Always gives me the warm fuzzies.

Insert you regular dose of Jurina squee here. NOBUBATMAN, BITCHES.

Man, next ep looks kind of epic. Dammit, I can't get my expectations up or I won't be able to enjoy the ep's camp!

Offline Crossing Crossroads

• Forever going to rainbow over the moon and across the stars..~
  • Member+
  • Hurro thur. I like (to) danso.
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »
After the second time watching, this time with subs, I've never really thought much about their fighting scenes, but this time, they really kinda got me down... It wasn't like I expected it to be. I actually kinda wanted Paru to lose. Like, really lose. (Sadistic? ...nyah probably not. :bigdeal: )

But like I said, I thought the "growing friendship" with Paru and Annin was cute..ish.

Despite all this, I'm excited for the next episode. I mean, I wonder if Peace is upset that "Paru isn't coming", because I can't tell exactly.

Since I'd watched the raw version yesterday morning, and the part where Nanashi says that she doesn't want to fight with her friends didn't really appeal to me until now that I find out that Nantene says, "Let's die together then!" Aw... :heart:

Lastly, only until the second time watching it, I finally realized that they had all the SKE fellows in Habu together to try and get the map. At first, I was really wondering why Nanashi didn't say anything to follow her, and I was like "Ah! SKE MEMBERS! I see, I see..."

Dananananana nananananana NOBUBATMAN.

Insert you regular dose of Jurina squee here. NOBUBATMAN, BITCHES.

Oh. And the "NOBUBATMAN" part just killed me. Like, :imdead:
I AM A KINOSHITA ANDREA YUKIKO OSHI. ♥

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2012, 10:56:15 PM »
Nobubatman or Batmanaga?

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »

Still not buying the Yuria hype. She's slightly overacted without having any real distinct character. If Paruru's acting was actually convincing she'd basically be Yuria's acting and they'd be a perfect couple of blandness, lol. Makes me wonder if that's why they cut back on the ParuPeace so much, after they realized that they have, like, negative chemistry with each other. XD

In contrast, the rest of Habu's acting has gotten better over the course of the series. Mongoose have been pretty awesome from the start, of course.

Couldn't disagree more. I think Yuria is one of the better actors of the bunch. Yes, I'm abit biased but it isn't hard to see the acting range of them (not saying she is THE best one, but she is pretty good). Even the "professionals" like the Warden are hamming it up 200%, that's what these shows are about. They are meant to be campy, for me the acting couldn't matter less anyways.

I think though that everyone is getting better, like the people from Mongoose . Especially Bunker (Suzuran) and Annin. Still it feels like the whole of Mongoose except Miyu and Annin are basically AKB members appearing as cameos. We haven't found out smack about them, and we won't.

About the recent episode itself (Ep10) I thought it was by far the best one yet from this season. Stuff is actually happening (I know, right?). I like how Mongoose finally got personality and development as a group. They finally graduated from "evil without reason". They ended the Paru vs Annin fight fairly quick which gave room for alot of other things to happen, which made the pacing great, but perhaps slightly rushed towards the end even though I'd rather have that than the turtle speed this series has been going in up to this point. I think this is the first time they've actually made proper use of the 28min episode length. If they continued making episodes like these I'd love to see a 4th season.

Also now that Habu vs Mongoose is pretty much over with, the focus of this show will hopefully get alot more coherent.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:17:16 PM by Phantom »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »
I think episode Prison Break ep11 turned out to be pretty fun. With the girls looking all "maji", doing cool lines, and beating up henchmen. :)

Everyone trying their best to do their "maji" look. While Nobunaga just walks around casually and achieves the same thing. :bow:

The twist we all were guessing happened too. SW got it first. :thumbsup
Looking at the pics in the photo gallery, it'll probably go down the way I guessed it too. I totally won't mind if I guessed the part about the smooching right. Yeah, they posted some pics of the last episode already. total spoilers there! haha. (yes. I am still trying not to post spoilers)

Another expected thing to tick off from the checklist. Jurina taking on her destined nemesis. THE STAIRS!!!

Final episode next week.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »
Airi's squee over this week's MG (and other TV) is way too familiar.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://anshinanzen.tumblr.com/post/32470343937/airi-watches-tv

Offline Jimitty

• Member+
  • 夢中にさせちゃうぞ!
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »

Just when I was about to give up, episode 11 comes to the rescue. This was the best episode by far. The suspense is killing me with all the dangers looming.

Don't fail me now Meshi...what's Nanashi up to? Peace vs Paru the finale?  :cow:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:04:28 PM by Jimitty »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:51 PM »
With the opening, I thought it was a recap and I'd missed some stuff. But no... they were just going fast and kicking arse  :rock:
They finally got their shit together and went and took on the guards. Viva la revolution!
I do wonder if it wouldn't have been easier when there were hundreds of girls running about the place, not just two teams though?

The twist was very welcome even though I didn't want it to happen.

This weeke was EPIC! Bring on next week's season finale!

Chihiro

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »
Well, at least unlike Majigaku 2, season 3 might end on a good note. :sweatdrop:

I really enjoyed this ep, honestly. Action, and GOOD action no less, epic plot twists, more good action, plot progression, enemies resolving their differences, a good cliffhanger ending leading to the finale... they nailed it. Granted it all does feel a bit shallow even now since the leadup thus far has been so lackluster, but hey, I'll take it. Peace's betrayal was quite unforeseen, maybe even a bit random, but this'll be a true make or break moment for Paru. I like it cause it's interesting. At this point sense is out the window, let's just have fun. :lol:

Oh, and the Acchan reference. LOL.

And of final note, holy crap is Murashige Anna awesome. She may be a bit of a minor supporting character but every time she gets on screen she nails her role. Really impressed. :thumbup Also feel mostly the same for Takahashi Juri.

I'm eager to see the finale. This could be interesting.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
Peace's betrayal was quite unforeseen

I called it after episode two  XD  :twothumbs

Well, we don't know for a fact that Paru killed Keita. We don't know what Peace actually saw on that file. I'm hoping Peace has a dark back story (and maybe a link to Paru) as well. She may turn out to be the most evil girl in the prison.

It explains how Peace is able to secure all those goods and how Nobunaga was captured at the time.
It also makes sense how they have a spy in each team (Miyu and Peace).

Anyway, yeah, this episode was pretty good. Most characters got a chance to shine to some extent  :thumbup

MA  :rofl: Priceless reference.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »
Episode 11 rating 3.5

Comparison:

Majisuka Gakuen Season 1 4.1__3.2__3.3__4.1__3.4__3.8__3.8__3.8__3.8__4.3__3.0__3.4 Average 3.67%

Majisuka Gakuen Season 2 4.9__3.6__3.8__3.5__3.7__3.7__3.6__3.6__4.4__3.7__3.6__2.7 Average 3.73%

Majisuka Gakuen Season 3 3.7__2.3__3.3__2.0__2.3__2.1__2.9__1.7__3.0__1.8__3.5    Average 2.60%

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »
Episode 11 was quite good. Got a good feel for a few of the characters finally, but too bad it's at the end of the season.

Damn Yuria, didn't do shit until now. Better than Yui in season 2 though, I guess.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2012, 09:58:07 PM »
I feel like they were trying to introduce the new characters and the new environment but they stretched it on for too long and tried speeding things up like in #5 but it slowed down again to explain what was going on now that the prison was actual some conspiracy or something. The team battles would have been great if it had started a little earlier but didn't just boil down to like 2 fights overall, show off some of the other characters at least.

I also didn't like that Paru won all her battles (though the one with Annin was more like a draw) it just wasn't exciting and it just turned her character boring to me, if she had gotten beaten a few times or something and had more to fight for than just learning about what happened to Keita and worrying more about her team like showing development and interacting with the others instead would have been great.

Episode 11 felt rushed after everything but I enjoyed it since we actually got something going on for once, I just wished they hadn't waited until the very last couple of episodes. Well, can't say I didn't enjoy it, I just wished they had put more effort in the characters and making some of the episodes a little more interesting.

Oh and Jovijovich and Nobunaga are awesome~

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2012, 06:30:46 PM »
Another ending making ppl go WTF~ Compared to MG2's last episode though, I'd say this time it was handled much better. And there's hope. :)

Guess ppl are gonna complain there lacking a climax fight scene of some sort.
Instead we get this scene. Which probably made Airin watching TV go all  :drool: then all "We're not worthy~" :bow:

Offline Jimitty

• Member+
  • 夢中にさせちゃうぞ!
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »

Guess ppl are gonna complain there lacking a climax fight scene of some sort.

Didn't mind the touching ending at all  :cry:

Yuria stole the show so she gets my MVP  :wub:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »
The ending lacked the amount of "ending" I would have preferred but compared to Majisuka 2, it was pretty good. In and of itself I'd say it was decently done. Paruru finally got a chance to shine a bit and she did pretty well with the emotional scenes. Yuria hit it out of the park. :thumbup But as with the rest of the series everything happened so fast that if you sit and analyze it, it all feels flimsy. (like how Peace sure turned from prison brainwashed to enlightened quite fast, and had no trouble betraying her own crazy bitch mother and dead brother :lol: ) Oh well, it's nothing worse than what this season has dished out at us the whole time. I didn't have any major problem with how they decided to end it.

Overall, I'd say this season was watchable but lacking in many regards. It was at least coherent. It had a plot and it followed through with it even if in a kinda shallow way. I liked it so much better than Majisuka Gakuen 2 because at least it all stayed together. MG2 was just a boiling pot of whatthefuck story-wise. At least everything here made sense. However beyond the main idea the story wasn't explored much. Character development was pretty shoddy across the board and progressed so fast it was virtually non-existent for many characters. It's hard to sink your teeth into a show when you don't really know or like the characters. I think the girls did a good job with their roles. There were some performances that come off badly, but I think it's because they didn't really know what to do since their character had only three or four lines per episode. I think Paruru did a good job. Sure she was blank and emotionless for a lot of it, but she was just honoring the script. :lol: Yuria did pretty damn good, too. All the supporting girls did fine as well. Overall, I don't regret watching it, but I don't see myself watching it again. Maybe in ten years when I don't remember it. :lol:

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on the show. Majisuka Gakuen has never been about epic plot development or amazing character storylines, but you know what? Majisuka Gakuen 1 was clever, fun, and interesting. Majisuka Gakuen 2 tried xerox copy it, do away with some things that made MG1 fun, jab in some incoherent, low quality elements and failed as a show terribly. Majisuka Gakuen 3 did something a little different which definitely helped, but the fun and cleverness was still missing, in my opinion. If Majisuka Gakuen 4 is inevitable, I hope they look back and try and bring those things back into it. Honestly, though, I hope we move on to something else next year. Or, do something totally different and epic like tenkei's suggestion of Space Battleship Majisuka. Yankii's in space! :thumbup

Offline Crossing Crossroads

• Forever going to rainbow over the moon and across the stars..~
  • Member+
  • Hurro thur. I like (to) danso.
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2012, 06:33:56 PM »
I FEEL SO CHEATED OF MY TEARS. I'm a soft person and I cried when the lady said "I'm sorry" to Peace and Peace called her mom. And then "BAM", THAT. OH MY GOD. YOU CRAZY, WOMAN.

But I laughed so hard at Nanashi, getting revenge for all the people who were electroshocked by the chief guard.

alkerjlksdmf... NOBUNAGAxANNIN, OHGOD. AUGH. (PEACExPARU, OHGOD. SKJERHKJ. NANTENExNANASHI.)

I was really happy when Paru cried. Really happy. LOL.

At the end when the three of them smiled, I literally yelled "SOCIETY!" throughout the entire house. I don't know if the neighbors heard me through the windows. LOL.

I 'wtf'-ed at the end when they all smiled even when they got captured... o-o

Because this is just me, I want them to make a seperate season (or just make it MG4? lol) on breaking out the others. +w + But I already know it's never going to happen... ; - ;
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:53:04 PM by Crossing Crossroads »
I AM A KINOSHITA ANDREA YUKIKO OSHI. ♥

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
Finally watched the last two episodes and boy oh boy does this show pick up. Unfortunetly abit late but atleast it's something. Yuria being a traitor, I knew there was something about her like I wrote earlier at some point. I didn't have 100% faith in it since Yuria is my oshimen and I was just so happy she was in this at all. Didn't know if I was reading too much into her character. She did crazy good in this towards the end, I was almost tearing up and I've never cried during a movie or show (not trying to sound "cool" or anything, I just don't get too emotionally invested).

About the ending itself though it feels like they are hinting "somewhat" that it might continue without making any promises. Personally after these last episodes I'd love to see a sequel. About her coming back for the rest of them, I guess that will be solved when she exposes the prison with that data. Although since I'm assuming they actually committed crimes to end up in there, they might just get transfered. Anyways, what I wanted to see was something that tied into the other Majisuka seasons. There was unfortunetly nothing like that.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on the show. Majisuka Gakuen has never been about epic plot development or amazing character storylines, but you know what? Majisuka Gakuen 1 was clever, fun, and interesting. Majisuka Gakuen 2 tried xerox copy it, do away with some things that made MG1 fun, jab in some incoherent, low quality elements and failed as a show terribly. Majisuka Gakuen 3 did something a little different which definitely helped, but the fun and cleverness was still missing, in my opinion. If Majisuka Gakuen 4 is inevitable, I hope they look back and try and bring those things back into it. Honestly, though, I hope we move on to something else next year. Or, do something totally different and epic like tenkei's suggestion of Space Battleship Majisuka. Yankii's in space! :thumbup

I thought Majisuka Gakuen 2 did away with exactly the right things. They rid themselves of the formulaic episodes (for the most part). Daruma. A main character, which I think is pretty much what a show like this benefits from since it can focus on other characters. I thought the story was better, there was more drama, interesting character growth (if yet still somewhat cliché and campy, it's still Majisuka we are talking about). Sure the villian was abit tacked on but the motives were still better than alot of the ones in the recent season (for instance Miyu). I actually hope they bring us a Majisuka Gakuen 4 to help tie the series together (and show me more Yuria  :peace:). But if not, I'm fine with that too.

Did someone actually suggest a Space Battleship Majisuka? My desktop backround I use right now is a tacky, crappy made-in-photoshop "poster" for a "Majisuka Gakuen Battleship" that I made one boring afternoon. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:26:15 AM by Phantom »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2012, 01:08:10 AM »
I thought Majisuka Gakuen 2 did away with exactly the right things. They rid themselves of the formulaic episodes (for the most part). Daruma. A main character, which I think is pretty much what a show like this benefits from since it can focus on other characters.

It is true that they did move away from the "monster of the week" formula to a point, and it was interesting to see something a bit more tied together episodically. Still, I found what they did to be really flat.

I thought the story was better, there was more drama, interesting character growth (if yet still somewhat cliché and campy, it's still Majisuka we are talking about). Sure the villian was abit tacked on but the motives were still better than alot of the ones in the recent season (for instance Miyu).

As for the story, I'll just have to respectfully disagree. :lol: To me season 2 was, as I said before, flat. I also didn't really see a lot of good character growth with a few exceptions. Mayu's excellent portrayal helped a lot, but the reasons behind it all were a bit messy. I will agree with you that at least the villians in season 2 had more believable reasons for doing what they did compared to season 3. There was more substance there for sure.

Yeah, I get what you're saying and don't totally disagree. :thumbup

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mikabomb - Heart Attack