JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Feedback

Author Topic: Girl of the Week Brainstorming!!  (Read 4703 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Girl of the Week Brainstorming!!
« on: July 30, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »
Girl of the Week - part two??

The first round of GoW has finished. Some of you may have noticed that the 'girl of the week' experience wasn't a total success!
The aim was to provide forum members "an excuse to do something fun and nice that you might usually not do, or visit a thread you might usually not read". This aim was not achieved, as several threads only got a few short replies during the week. I have failed!

So now, we are asking you for ideas on how to improve the girl of the week system!

One of the staff's ideas so far would be to include a survey in the 'girl of the week' that everyone replying could fill. It would include stuff like this (current GoW as the example):

My Aichan story: (how and when you started liking her etc)
My favourite thing about Aichan:
A memorable performance:
A moment that made me laugh:
A moment that surprised me:
A picture that I like: (a resized pic or thumbnail)
A video that I like: (youtube or other)

Of course, not every question has to be answered, and you wouldn't have to answer at all if you didn't want to - it's just to get people participating :3

Any other suggestions?
What would tickle your tummy, make you want to take part?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 05:15:01 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: [HELP!] OPEN: Girl of the Week Brainstorming!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »
^
I think that's a great idea!
And maybe the initial GotW post could have various downloads (featured songs, photobook/collecting, etc?)/youtube links so that people could watch and get interested in the girl (especially the eggs) instead of waiting for that small handful of fans to post things first.

Then again, if everyone fills out all of the survey, I suppose we'll get plenty o' youtube links. Haha.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:48 PM »
Thanks for the feedback :3

Yeah the problem is, who has the time & energy to every week make a post like that for every member :lol:

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »
^
Then in that case... GIRL OF THE WEEK TEAM!
That way you don't have to do all the work. Haha. I guess the lists would have to be created ahead of time, so whoever makes the post would have time to prepare.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »
Yeahh I guess the "surprise" element of girl of the week wasn't very good, and instead people should be given a heads up of who's coming next. MAYBE that would help, maybe not. :lol: HMMMM HMMMM!!

Offline usagi_no_kami

• Usachan Peace!!
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
Maybe part of the problem is also that some still have their faves and don't really pay attention all that much to the other girls thus few replies. This could be especially true of the Eggs who admittedly I only know of a scant few of them.
So the "survey and testimonial" could be a big help in getting the lesser known girls some exposure.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
Maybe part of the problem is also that some still have their faves and don't really pay attention all that much to the other girls thus few replies.
That's exactly where the first cycle failed; the point was that people would check out the girl of the week thread even if it wasn't their favourite and maybe give 'em a new chance. But it didn't really work :lol: Yeah more videos & stuff should really be posted.

BUT AYEH WE BE AT WERRKK MAKING THINGS BETTER

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
Any other suggestions?
What would tickle your tummy, make you want to take part?

Tickling Shi's tummy might make me take part more. :P

Maybe you can get the GotW to show up on the home page of the forum all BIG will get more exposure (like all those threads in the ladies forum that Daigong frequent often :P Need more cuteness among all those scantily clad woman.  :lol:) That short little survey is a good idea, but I'm a lazy bum...  ;)

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 04:29:20 PM »
Tbh I haven't been around much recently but I do remember this idea getting a mentiona  while ago, it's a shame to hear it didn't go so well. I'm sure I must have been around at some point while the idea was actually in motion but in all honesty I completely forgot about it. Maybe it's just me but I think a little more reminding that it's actually on wouldn't go amiss; I mean was there jsut a thread stickied or something telling you who it was this week? Granted I didn't go out looking for info on who the next GoW was going to be but I also don't remember bumping into a post telling me who it was by accident either. Maybe some sort of announcement would help tell a few more people about what is going on? The idea of having a few little questions on each girl like you've suggest is a good idea as well.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Feedback