JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kokeshi Doll - Suicide Boogie

Author Topic: PSP v.s. NINTENDO DS  (Read 12323 times)

Offline fullyinsane

• Fly Naked wif Me, t(-.-t)
  • Member+
PSP v.s. NINTENDO DS
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 01:34:12 PM »
hm...i only interested with sony consoles...but i doesnt mean i dont play other console,,,,but i really enjoy sony console because it's more easier to use than other console [my opinion]..and at my place, ppl prefer to buy sony console than the other....so  i voted for sony psp
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 01:38:29 PM by fullyinsane »

Offline dorobo

PSP v.s. NINTENDO DS
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 05:47:52 AM »
psp is better as it is so exploited

Offline jlk

• Reina Fanboy
  • ecchi
Re: PSP v.s. NINTENDO DS
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 02:54:55 PM »
i've used both and both of them have their merits.  PSP has good graphics and more big time games but ds has solid graphics with good gameplay as well as a wide genre of games from rpg to solitare. XD  if you asked me to pick i'd pick the ds cause it's cheaper as of the moment and there's so many games to choose from. :)

Offline Mikitty-saikou

• °C-ute into °S-exy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »
Just an FYI;

This went into affect yesterday morning;

PSP now has a price drop from $200 to $169.99.  This only applies to the core systems (psp, battery, ac adapter).  Whether or not this was brought on by large corporations like Walmart, Bestbuy etc or the new PSP2 coming out - The PSP finally has a price drop after two years. :P

Anyone going to bite? ;O  I'm not sure on whether or not I want one.  Maybe I'll wait to see what the new PSP2's are going to look like and what new features come with it.

Offline kaminokami2086

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2007, 07:28:26 AM »
$170 for a system that only has one game I want to play after almost 3 or 4 years (can't remember when it came out)...still too much.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
PSP is finally getting some games that I would like to play, but now I don't play games that much so I don't really care enough to spend the money for it. If this had happened months ago, I woulda been on it. The only reason I still play my DS occasionally is because I already have it.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 09:07:07 AM »
Price drop to $169? seriously? hahah I just sold mine for $180 (the system only)! thank God I sold it last week, I didn't even know there was gonna be a price drop :D

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline jpfn

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2007, 07:13:15 AM »
I like prefer the DS to the PSP. DS has games that are much better
and dont feel like dumbed down PS2 games in my opinion.

Offline prodygee

• Member+
  • 僕は矢口真里が支えるよ!
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 08:30:03 AM »
In my opinion, they aren't comparable. Both systems have their own games, own kind of graphics and own kind of way to play those games. I have no constructive criticism on this though :P it's how I feel about the two consoles. I'm a kind of graphics-whore so I go for the PSP (I got an NDS lite and PSP myself). I've really been enjoying the NDS before I had a psp. It's just that you can customize it with a nic background, put stuff on your memory card (I'm not into the psp hacking thing), the screen is crystal clear.
If you use it properly, the screen.. no the whole psp will stay pretty and shiny.

People complain about the battery life and the screen brightness, well they're good enough for me. It's a fair trade.. cool (3d) graphics for a little less playtime. I'll just plug in my adapter and it's charged again.
Plus I think it's amazing for such a little machine to have such pretty looking games, and best of all are the Japanese rpg's that come out for it.

Spreading the Yagoodness on a semi-daily basis!
Yaguchi Mari . Org - News on Yaguchi every day + downloads of every show!
Sayumin . Org - Stream EVERY H!P Radio-Show directly!

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »
Now that I've played on both I can actually comment on this :)

I played the PSP quite a bit when it came out because my friend bought one. I HATE the "joystick" design. I get cramp using a normal console controller so that thing just kills me after less than 5 minutes. That's actually all I can say on it. I played a Spiderman game which was ok but nothing special.

Then I finally got to play on a DS this weekend. To be fair I had a much better selection of games.... namely Japanese weird games :D I never thought making onigiri on a games console would be so much fun! I think I'll always love Nintendo more just for the selection of games (although I'm hoping they are a bit more serious than the Wii next time).

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 09:37:49 PM »
One thing I think the ds has over the psp that I don't think I mentioned before is the battery life.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kokeshi Doll - Suicide Boogie