JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - My Prayer

Author Topic: The AKB48 Concert Thread (news, reviews, setlists, etc.)  (Read 30785 times)

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
Re: The AKB48 Concert Thread (news, reviews, setlists, etc.)
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 03:55:48 AM »
I KNEW everyone would love Haruka once she was given a chance to shine!
Not really a review but I've seen some clips of their first concert(to test if I should buy it) and wow I have to get this <3
Haruka in skirt hirari with TWO solos, big win for me(whilst she got a lot of solo time in kiss wa dame yo in S1 it's not a song I actually like so I'm glad she was shuffled) she was HOT in this! :D

KII girls really impressed me in aitakatta, really makes me want to get to know them(also I sqealed a little inside everytime I spotted furukawa and akane :O, I think they've got to be a KII oshimen for me....possibly akane more :O)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:01:20 AM by Blu-Cherri »

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 01:27:45 AM »
SKE48 - Hajimete no Kagai Jugyou @ Nagoya Bottom Line 09.05.24

Just watched it, here's the thoughts.

-What a tiny venue! The stage was so small they couldn't line all the members up in one row.
-The audience was danger close. Lucky for them, but a little freaky. I also didn't like how they were level and often in the long shots. Random hands can be kinda distracting.
-This felt more like SKE48 Super Stage Remix rather than a full-fledged concert. The DVD was even produced as such, removing all the MC's. :thumbdown: At least they also took out the 20 dollar "MC Tax".
-Matsui Rena and ponytails go together like  bees and honey. Sweet, sexy honey. :fap
-SKE48 does a really good job is breathing some life into these older songs.
-Rena in that Classmate outfit was the visual highlight of the concert. :inlove:
-Best Skirt Hirari team ever. Rina wears that uniform quite well.
-KII's uniforms in Aitakatta were horribly unflattering. :lol: The girls are good, though!
-The DVD extras are nothing compared to AKB's concert extras, but contain some nice clips.

Overall, it was a good concert. I don't think I'd classify it as mind-blowing, but it was a fun watch. Between seeing KII in action and all the great units new and old, I'd say it's worth buying this stage megamix. :thumbup

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
Come to think I didn't like H2 at first (judging from the previews in that time) and now it's one my favorite stages...  :wub:

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 05:40:22 AM »
H2 is probably my favourite, although that's not saying much, since I've seen a total of 3 AKB related concerts, or something.

I dled the whole of 2009's best 100 (except the last disc, hope it finishes before I run out), and I'm gonna watch it all today. So if you don't see me ever again I probably died from exhaustion.

:lol:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 05:56:35 AM »
^ I still need to watch the 2009 best 100 too, but the 2010 one is not that far away. :lol: This year, I am going to be better about watching concerts while they are new and relevant.  :cool1:

Just to be a lil on topic, H2 was my most anticipated stage from the previews. Well, until S3 that is. :nervous It turned out to be a really good stage, but got outdone by later stages as far as my opinion is concerned. Still, those previews of it. It made me want to sell my truck so that I could go to Japan to see it. :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 12:41:08 AM »
Maliciel's Big McLargeHuge AKB48 Request Hour ~Set List Best 100~ 2009 in Shibuya AX Review

Decided to get the whole Request Hour after I got shown the Mr. Kissman perf. I've been wanting to get into AKB's music (hurr, music) for a while, but never knew where to start. So where else than a concert with a setlist picked by fans? What an awesome concert.

友よ (Tomo yo)
Yuko's rockin' the bass! I'm disappointed she doesn't play it high like Victor Wooten. Chuckled a little bit when Sato Natsuki stepped in front a little bit to do a little lead. That was cute. And so was Erepyon!

Mr. Kiss Man *   
I pretty much downloaded the whole thing because of this song. What a cool song! From the rankings it seemed it dropped quite a few places from the last year, which means either AKB got better songs, or people's taste became shittier. I'm hoping it will be the latter. I like the dance, even if it's simple.

水夫は嵐に夢を見る (Seifu wa Arashi ni Yume wo Miru)    
Team B entering to loud cheers. This song sounds like something Barrie would love. I admit, the guitar solo was totally superfluous, but I quite liked it.

脳内パラダイス (Nounai Paradise)  *
Pa-pa-pa-pa-paradise indeed. I liked this, but I can't explain why.

竹内先輩 (Takeuchi Senpai)    
Who's Takeuchi, and why are mai waifus singing about him?! The lyrics sound pretty suggestive, so this one gets a FUCK YEAH from me. It sounds kinda romantic, if you really think about it.

必殺テレポート (Hissatsu Teleport)    
This seems to fit my impression of B as a whole. Fun, group song!

春が来るまで (Haru ga Kuru made)    
At this point I realized I really like the little jingle thing that plays between song transitions. What is it, anyone know? Surprised I didn't fall asleep here..

ヒグラシノコイ (Higurashi no Koi)  *
OMGGGGGGGGG. I like their outfits! Kind of disappointed this didnt rank higher. Takamina/Yuka subgroup plz.

メールの涙 (Mail no Namida)    
Sae looks good here! The song is a little lackluster, but all 3 are pretty, so it's all good.

ライダー (Rider)
Definitely not gonna be complaining about the length of their dresses/hotpants. All outfits should be this length! Again with the needless guitar interlude. I think Cindy messed up her steps a little bit after the interlude. But it's weird, they seem to be the wrong age group for the song, lol.

リターンマッチ (Return Match)    
Wow, it's Ayaka Umeda! This song was surprisingly catchy. I expected it to sound like something out of Dick Tracy. More proof that chairs do indeed make the best props for idol concerts, as long as no one actually sits on them.

スカート、ひらり (Skirt, Hirari)    
This song is so nostalgic. First AKB song ever for me, years back. What a small group they used, it was kinda weird. They need to bring back the bloomer flash, imo. Kojiharu is looking particularly cute, too.

Ooh. Nacchan looks great in the commentary part.

キスして損しちゃった (Kiss shite son shichatta)  *
Horns in the intro! Promising. Wow I really like this song! The chorus is catchy!

日付変更線 (Hizuke henkousen)    
One piece dresses. Best thing since sliced bread. For a group song this sat pretty well with me, even if it wasn't as fast paced as some other songs.

命の使い道 (Inochi no Tsukaimichi)  *   
I wonder what it was like hearing this song in person. I bet the sound engineer pushed up the bass on the EQ on this while it was playing just to give some people a shock. I quite like this song, especially the little echo thing they have going on.

小池 (Koike)    
Mariko monologue! I couldn't tell the difference between that and the one line she sang by herself, haha. I like Acchan's hair! Looks a little like Nocchi. Seemed like the song was more talking than actual singing, by the end.

気になる転校生 (Ki ni Naru Tenkousei)    
Everybody YEAH YEAH. So cute, I can't write any more because I spent the rest of the song melted in a puddle of cuteness.

青春の稲妻 (Seishun no inatzuma)    *
Ooh, I remember hearing this song, but I'm not sure where. Catchy hook, and all the eyecandy on stage at once is good, too. Why does the hairstylist love making Yuko's hair look bad? Why u do dis ;_;. Sayaka dancing in the middle was interesting! She ended with a hadouken, lol.

僕の太陽 (Boku no Taiyou)    
The only redeeming thing about this song is the solo shots some girls get at the start. Oh, and sweaty Acchan.

ダルイカンジ (Darui Kanji)    

MIICHAN'S WEARING GLASSES. The beginning sounded like a MJ song or something. And when they started singing it sounded like a PL song. I quite liked it, it was a little 'bouncy'. Needs more shots of Miichan, she's really cute with glasses!

Stand up    
Abs, lots of it. But it was over way too early, and with not enough shots of their abs.

約束よ (Yakusoku yo)    
This song wasn't catchy at all! But given my luck it'd probably stay in my head forever, now.

背中から抱きしめて (Senaka kara Dakishimete)
Aw, I like this song. The dresses are a little gaudy, though. I bet they sent the stylist to a gulag after that one..

最後の制服 (Saigo no seifuku)
Ah, I nearly failed on my 'not falling asleep while the concert is on' challenge with this one.

ハートが風邪をひいた夜 H2 (Heart ga kaze wo hiita yoru)  *
One of my faves from H2. By all calculations I should hate this song, a lot. But all of them look great, and the chorus is nice hook! DON'T JUDGE ME.

あなたとクリスマスイブ (Anata to Christmas Eve)    
Aw, what a romantic song. A little slow, but I guess there has to be some balance.

マンモス (Mammoth)
Who comes up with the titles, seriously? The outfits are kind of weird, but the song is not so bad.

会いたかった(Aitakatta)    
Ooooh yeah, I love the outfits! In this perf there's like 4 girls in the background. Wonder why they even bothered with seats if so few girls are gonna sit in em. Tomochin gets a mention for looking supercute here.

森へ行こう (Mori e Ikou)    
Oh, a mass choral song. Sato Natsuki has the most intense look on her face. Yuka's in this, fuck yeah.

蜃気楼 (Shinkirou) *
Wow, when I saw Myao and Chisato walk on stage my first thought was "Well, this is gonna suck". But it's actually really pretty! Totally unexpected and quite pleasing, really. And they didn't sound as badly as I expected, too.

2人乗りの自転車 (Futarinori no Jitensha)
Does B have songs that aren't of this type? Because it sure seems like they don't, or they just get better group songs. I'm not complaining though. Not very memorable, but at least it's not Saigo no Seifuku.

アイサレルトイウコト (Aisareru to iu Koto)    
Love the uniforms. But why is Erena wearing shorts? I just noticed those pants are actually latex. 10/10 would fantasize about again.

Dear my teacher    
Woo, a bunch of girls get some solo lines in. The 'kiss me baby' line gets me, sounds like a broken tape at some points. Props for awesome looking tops! Satou Amina has a funky voice.

僕の桜 (Boku no Sakura)    
Title made me settle in for another Boku no Taiyou. I actually started yawning when the song began.

初恋泥棒 (Hatsukoi Dorobou)    
Ah cuties! I would let them steal my fire love any day of the week.

初めてのジェリービーンズ (Hajimete no Jellybeans)    
OMG IT'S SA--ACCHAN! Prop guitars make me rage. But I love how cute the whole song is. Although one does wonder how it got such a high ranking.

帰郷 (Kikyou)    
Takamina family is up! And of course, she looks as beautiful as ever. It feels like a 'rainy day and I'm forced to stay inside' song, to me. And I really like it because of that, if nothing else. Well, that and how awesome Takamina looks, of course.

ロマンス、イラネ (Romance, Irane)    *
My favouritest AKB single ever. Awesome outfit, and pretty much all the girls I ever need to see are in it. The girls sitting in the background doing the hand gestures made me chuckle a bit. The camera actually finds Yuka for like 3 seconds! I melted. I like when the camera gets the upward angle, for reasons I do not need to elaborate..

ガラスのI LOVE YOU (Glass no I Love You)    
See, Takamina can be girly too! Tomochin looks great as always. And the announcement for number 61 was hilarious.

アイドルなんて呼ばないで (Idol Nante Yobanaide)
Ah it's another one of those cuteblob groups! It looks ridiculously cute, but sounds a little artificial. No matter, who pays attention to the song with girls like these, am i right?

僕とジュリエットとジェットコースター (Boku to Juliet to Jet Coaster)    
What a cool song! Satou Amina just got a whole lot cooler with this performance.

16人姉妹の歌 (16 Nin Shimai no Uta)    
Ooh, it's like a Team K JKM, except awesomer~! The western sound was a little offputting, though. Sato Natsuki's little ninki mono monologue was lulz. Poor Ayaka Umeda. Sadface.

涙売りの少女 (Namida Uri no Shoujo)    *
I liked this song before they even started singing! Nice outfits, and the rap part in the middle is win and awesome. Quite a catchy hook too. And Reina being there is fien, too!

メロスの道 (Melos no Michi)
Wah wah wah, fit inducing lighting! Sae looks cute!

恋のチューイング (Koi no Chewing)    
I didn't even have time to finish processing my "Well, this is a weird title" thought, when the lights came on. DAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw. It's like a 2nd Gen Tanpopo reincarnation. And it's already finished as I type this now. That was way too short.

君が教えてくれた (Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta)    
They should've given everyone Tomochin's outfit. Nakata Chisato looks pretty cute, surprisingly!

偉い人になりたくない (Erai Hito ni Naritakunai)    
LOL @ the falling wave. Maybe it's not possible for me to actually dislike a K song.

Two years later    
What? Is that low voice really Yukirin's? I find it hard to believe.

誰かのために-What can I do for someone?- (Dareka no Tame ni)
Team A, virginal angels. But sometimes even virginal angels have to sing boring songs. Their outfits kinda look like maternity dresses!

RUN RUN RUN    
It seems like Satou Amina is in every other song! Natsumi is in this too, and she looks gooooooooood.

It ends here! Acchan fucks up, and manages to look absolutely cute doing it. Perhaps the whole 'Acchan always wins' meme isn't so full of untruths after all. The outro done by Kitarie/Sasshi/Mocchi is funny as hell. 'Eeeeeeehhhhhh?!'

Blue rose    
Awwwww yeah. Abs! And of course all of them look great. Oh shit they kicked the micstands! That was absolutely badass. Whoever picked the outfits and did the chereography should get some sort of medal. And I can really say that little guitar lead in the middle was awesome, too!

ただいま恋愛中 (Tadaima Renaichuu) *
Audience participation at the start! I am an absolute sucker for retro outfits, and these ones look fucking awesome. Also one of the few times I think Takamina looks really good with a bow. Tomochin looks great too, especially with that cute bow. Pretty catchy tune, with a memorable hook. I'll say Aishiteru too.

SKE48 *
Quite fitting that SKE48 gets number 48, with SKE48. It's probably my favourite SKE48 song, if not my favourite group song overall. The Sakae girls do it with such intensity and energy that it's hard to not like it. The fist pumping gets me every time. And OMG they let Shinkai Rina do the announcement for the next song <3.

青空のそばにいて (Aozora no Soba ni Ite)    
They came out with seifuku nighties. Quite fitting, because I felt like sleeping once the song started.

となりのバナナ (Tonari no Banana) *
Tonari no Banana? More like Tonari no HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I laughed a little when I saw that they were using the Daily Yomiuri, and one headline read 'Israeli troops pulling out of Gaza Strip'. Erepyon and Tomo~ are TOO cute together. The dialogue cracked me up. But yes Tomo~, both of you are kawaii indeed. Just don't ask me for a house because then I'd have to steal from a bank.

君はペガサス (Kimi wa Pegasus)
First time I'm actually listening to this song. It's often talked about as a 'good' AKB song, so I've been wanting to hear it for a while. It's actually quite decent! Wish they'd drop the masculine theme, though.

Bye Bye Bye *
No3b is up with Byex3. All 3 look cute as hell, as usual. And once again, I pull out the Tanpopo card. Kojiharu gets special mention for looking absolutely fucktastic. This was only aided by her supremely short skirt. Oh, and about the song (there was a song?!), I love it.

白いシャツ (Shiroi Shirts)
Well at least they weren't lying about the white shirts. I really like the trick with the words on the shirts! And there's really no way to hate a song that's as cute as this.

Confession    
Another song with abundance of abs, this time with Yuko too! The song itself sounds a little generic, but it's exciting enough to keep my attention!

夕陽を見ているか? (Yuuhi wo Miteiruka?)    
I've always harboured a secret love for this song, because it sounds so generic. But who cares, it's sounds good, the girls look great, and Acchan's in it! There's no way I can hate it.

甘い股関節 (Amai Kokansetsu) *
めーたん キタ━━━━ヽ(゚ρ゚  )ノ━━━━!!!! When I first heard this song, I hated it, because I was under a warlock's spell and didn't like Meetan. But after seeing her toil to sell it and seeing her perform it at number 40, I have no choice but to smile.

向日葵 (Himawari)    
Wow, Sayaka looks really good in this perf! The solo parts were a little..lackluster though, for the lack of a better word. The song itself is pretty decent, though.

7時12分の初恋 (7ji12fun no Hatsukoi) *
Reina looks supercute! This is another song I'd put into the 'rainy day at home' box. I can see myself reminiscing on the good old days while listening to this song and feeling particularly emo. But that's why I love it. 

会いに行こう (Ai ni Ikou)    
Is it just me or does Yuko seem to have balloons for breasts in the dress she has on? The 'good group songs' only applies to Team B, or something? Eyecandy was great, but the song was pretty forgettable.

ハート型ウィルス (Heart Gata Virus)    
Kojima Haruna at her best. The little monologue in the middle was awesomely cute, as well!

渚のチェリー (Nagisa no CHERRY)
Acchan in the center, and with such catchy lyrics? What's not to love. Sure, she's not the best singer in the world, but dammit! The clapping dance thing is way too awesome.

Baby! Baby! Baby! *
Now some people (read:Masa) hate this song, because of how poppy it sounds. But that's exactly why I love this song! Great retro outfits, cute dance and everyone (even Ayaka Umeda!) is in it! Takamina looks beautiful too (as always).

鏡の中のジャンヌ・ダルク (Kagami no naka no Jean Da Arc)    
First time I've noticed Yonezawa Rumi at all, in this concert. Sasshi is so intense! What is with the flag, though!

転がる石になれ (Korogaru ishi ni nare) *
Interesting segue into the song. Team K can make group songs work too, and this definitely did! Facemelting guitar solo near the end! My face was melted.

投げキッスで撃ち落とせ (Nage KISSU de uchi otose)
Cowboy hats = lose. Actually, add visors into that too. Doesn't stop me from liking the song though. I have a feeling it'll only get harder to hate songs in this list.

回遊魚のキャパシティ (Kaiyuugyo no Capacity)    
Pretty cool song, but I really can't think of anything else to say that's not "OMG ZE OUTFITS".

涙の湘南 (Namida no Shounan)
The beginning of this song totally reminded me of Kirara to Urara's Sentimetal Boy. This is actually a cool song, and I probably liked it more than I should. The micstands do wonders! And I think this is the first time Maimai actually got some decent camera time. One part of the hand movements reminds me of Chocolate Love, ha.

ツンデレ! (Tsundere!)
This seems to be mandatory for every Tomochin fan to like! I can't really call myself one, but I like it too! Oversized shades are totally cute! It's funny as hell watching Sato Amina trying to shake her chest. Pretty catchy song!

禁じられた2人 (Kinjirareta Futari) *
Damn, I like this song! They're both not particularly good at singing, but both of them together make a great pair! There's one shot where you can see Rabutan's attempt at one of the moves, and it's cute. The end where they hold hands..aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww

シャムネコ (Shamu Neko) *
Team K is back, with a vengeance! And they came back with a great song. The end pose looks funny. Probably the best song in the whole disc. Although I guess that's why it's the top of the 25 in this disc..

草原の奇跡 (Sougen no Kiseki)
Alriiiiiiiight. I'm actually sleepy, and of course Team K comes out first with a positively boring number. Good thing they all look good though, so that's keeping me up.

黒い天使 (Kuroi Tenshi)    
Silly hat makes a comeback after hiding for 75 tracks. But I didn't really notice it that much, because of the sexy outfits.. It's always cool seeing Reinyan, and even more so since it's a trio, so she actually gets some camera time. I liked the part where Aki and Atsuko held their mics for each other.

ワッショイB! (Wasshoi B)    
Team B attempts to exert dominance! It's a really cool song, and fun as hell! If it wasn't 5am I might have actually did some jumping and joined them in singing "Saikyou team wa B!", because for this song, that was abolutely true.

泣きながら微笑んで (Nakinagara Hohoende)    
Even Yuko couldn't save this song, for me.

夢を死なせるわけにいかない (Yume wo shinaseru wake ni ikanai) *
Aw yeah, one of my favourite songs! It starts off pretty slow, but builds up to an epic chorus and the pace never slows down from there! The first time I heard this it took me days to get it out. 

Only today    
Cute outfits! Silly hat on Acchan again. The invasion begins!

BINGO!
The whole stage is filled with dancing girls! This song is actually not that bad, now that I actually took some time to listen to it, and watch them dance..

天使のしっぽ (Tenshi no Shippo)    
They have tails, but not ears. Colour me confused. Gussan is keeping me in solid form watching this perf. Because Rabutan and Nakayan are so cute together.

恋愛禁止条例 (Renai Kinshijourei)
Takamina, Myao and Miichan. There's pretty much no way anyone could hate this, unless they hated everything that was right with the world. The instrumental actually reminds me of Planet Puzzle League, for some reason.

支え (Sasae)    
Well, at least there's no silly hats in this one.

ごめんね ジュエル (Gomen ne Jewel)    
The outfits (and hats!) look ridiculous. But midriff baring = Awesome. And both Yuka and Yuko are in it, so even the repetitiveness of the song doesn't bother me much, anymore.

Faint    
Ah I think I can understand why fans like this song so much. I'm surprised I even understood any of the English they sang at all! Tomochin looks pretty good in this perf.

純愛のクレッシェンド (Junai no Crescendo)    
No3b lineup is back, this time with silly hats. I don't want to sound like a perv or anything, but man, Kojiharu looks really awesome when she's glistening with sweat..

記憶のジレンマ (Seishun no inatzuma)    
Strangely, I quite like this song. I guess it helps that all 4 girls sound decent, and I quite like them. And Yuka is always good.

おしべとめしべと夜の蝶々 (Oshibe to meshibe to yoru no chouchou)    
Wow, what a nice start to the song. Meetan steps her game up! Tomomi looks good as always, and Meetan's expression at the end of the dialogue was lol-worthy. Kiss at the end was FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Stuff of dreams right there.

桜の花びらたち (Sakura no Hanabiratachi)    
Yay, I'm glad this ranked somewhere up there. Although I see that it dropped 9 places, orz. I always remember the 08 PV when I hear this; I don't think anyone can say it doesn't tug at the heartstrings a bit. I quite like the outfits for this!

純情主義 (Junjou Shuhi)
Have to admit Haachan looks really good here. In fact I'd even venture to say the best I've seen her. Actually I don't think I've seen any of the 3 girls looking this good. And the song is actually decent too. The vocal effects in the song kinda annoy me a little bit, but I would say it fits in with the song, so I'm ok with it.

明日は明日の君が生まれる (Ashita wa Ashita no Kimi ga Umareru)
Sae is sparkling! I feel weird seeing Sayaka in a relatively normal looking one piece dress.

Maria *
Woo, Yuka's solo (kinda) song! Great outfits, great girls (although who is that girl who's not Tomo or Yuka?) and great song. I quite like the mic..sticks? They add a certain dynamism to the performance. Let's call them pimp sticks.

パジャマドライブ (Pajama Drive)    
They're actually wearing pajamas. They have such intense looks of concentration while dancing.

最終ベルが鳴る (Saishuu Bell ga naru)
Decent song + Team K = Awesome song. True story. Oh man, the guitar lead near the end was great!

Bird *
Takamina's turn to shine! Being backed up by Mariko only makes her sound even better.

てもでもの涙 (Demo demo no Namida)    *
Oh, Mika actually sounds pretty good! I had no idea. The Yuki/Mika pair suit each other well. The chorus part is actually quite catchy, and there's something about micstands that make me automatically like songs with them. Just makes it even sadder that Mika had to quit due to injury. But I guess that's the reality of the idol world.

大声ダイヤモンド (Oogoe Diamond) *
Did they speed up the tempo on this song a little bit, or something? Knee high socks, no silly hats, awesome dance and great hook. This song is quite perfect for #1. Except it's not, which makes me wonder what kind of song made the top place..

初日 (Shounichi) *
Cindy's fighting the tears back! It's a group song, and it's Team B. So of course it's gonna be an awesome song. The lyrics are pretty inspiring, and it fits Team B really well. It's worthy as a concert (and setlist!) closer, no doubts about that. I guess it really is Saikyou Team B, eh. But they deserved it, for sure.

They all look pretty emotional during the performance, but it seems Moeno does no such thing! She might be the real cyborg in AKB. Takamina of course had to join in on the cryfest too. You're so cute, Takamina <3.

ひこうき雲 (Hikoukigumo) *
Encore song! It's not even in the 100 list, but man, what an awesome song. I want one of those towels. It's so awesome to see all of them having fun, even doing the encore. Sorta reminds me what it's all about, in the end. Kana fighting everyone else for the curtain was actually pretty funny!

Now I didn't watch all of this in a day, because that would have quite literally driven me mad, but over 2 1/2 days, with the last 25 being watched at 5am because I couldn't sleep. So that might explain some laziness in terms of comments. Also, if you actually read this all the way through, what the fuck? Go do something else. Also, these were done as I watched it, so there's probably some weird contradictions or something.

But I'll always have an intense hate for silly hats.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:43 PM »
What a great choice for starting!
Unlike 2008 (they didn't have a big enough song database yet), 2009's Top100 concert was so filled with awesome!
Mai Mai was still there.
The Mika/Yuki duet. I think this one was even more touching than the grad one~
The great group member naming songs... well, Team A doesn't get one. :twisted:
And of course, Team B's suprising win. Cindy with that little tiara is my definition of Team B's spirit. :twothumbs

I even did some "english only" subs for personal viewing. Like this one of Team B's Inochi no tsukaimichi:
Download @ AKB Multimedia

I like to call it Seifuku ga jama wo suru's 2nd coming. Must watch some Pyjama Drive to balance the vibes though~ :roll:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:48:25 PM by winner »

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »
^ Speaking of which, each team talks about how they want to grab that #1 spot this year!

..Took me a second to realize they were speaking English at one point. :nervous

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »
WTF one of them spoke Mandarin too :O

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 05:21:10 AM »
See the stage that inspired me to write over a thousand words worth of review for yourself today!

Download @ AKB Multimedia
The big text emphasizes how much you should get this. 8)

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 03:58:07 AM »
So over the past few days, I've watched all of Set List 2009(since everyone else was :lol:). Yeah, it took me almost a year to get to it, but I did! :nervous I'm not going to go into awesome detail like mal, but here's some highlights and stuff.

92 - Mail no Namida - Rina is great, but Mocchi did an AMAZING job in this song.

89 - Skirt Hirari
- This is my favorite "classic" AKB48 song, and now that the girls are all grown up, it's so much more awesome.

81 - Darui Kanji - While I'm probably the only one who won't comment on Miichan's glasses, this is still an awesome song.

73 - Aitakatta - So low! D: Team A version ftw!

72 - Mori e Ikou - One of if not my favorite stage song. Again, WHY IS THIS SO LOW?!  :tama-mad: Also has Mocchi and Yuka among other awesome girls here. Instant win? yes.

70 - Futarinori no Jitensha - Deserves to be higher. Nice outfits. *whistle*

68 - Dear my Teacher - I liked this rendition, although Akicha looked a little lost at times. :lol:

65- Hajimete no Jellybeans - I love this whacked out song, and bonus points to Sae for making Yuka laugh out loud.

62 - Glass no I Love You - RIEEEEEEEEE-CHAN, RIEEEEEEEEE-CHAN, RIEEEEEEEEE-CHAN! <3

51 - RUN RUN RUN - Awesomeness. I've forgotten how much I love these Himawari songs. Even though I was not a fan of the concept at the time, they sure had some amazing songs.

50 - Blue Rose - No bikini gimmick! :lol: Still a kickass tune.

48 - SKE48
- Who are these people?!  :? :lol:

43 - Shioroi Shirts - Yay, some Team B action! They were represented well in this set list but VERY scattered.

42 - Confession:rockon:

40 - Amai Kokansetsu - :fap Meetan is so hot. I love when she comes out and most of the girls behind her are shocked, except for Cindy who seems a little too thrilled. :lol:

39 - Himawari - This song and the girls in it are massive ownage.

36 - Heat ga Virus - Love this song, love Rie in it!

33 - Kagami no Naka no Jean Da Arc - Moeno looks SO excited to hold the flag, even though she did all the hand signs and stuff. :lol:

29 - Namida no Shounan - Another oldie that I love. Chisato in it makes it even better. :D MaiMai in it makes it best.

28 - Tsundere! - Kick ass performance here. I turned my speakers up soooooooooo loud when this one came on!

24 - Kuroi Tenshi - Whoa.

23 Wasshoi B - :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Wasshoi B in the top 25? Frickin' awesome.

19 - BINGO! - Yay, my favorite single! Well... possibly tied with River. I haven't decided yet.

18 - Tenshi no Shippo - More B action! :D This is awesome!

13 - Junai no Crescendo - Harunaaaa. :drool:

9 - Junjou Shugi - AWEEESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME. Haachan was SUPER into her performance. She looked thrilled that the song was so high! :D Matsuyuki is an awesome dancer. 'Tis a shame she is gone. Also, Moeno rocks hardcore in this particular performance.

8 - Ashita wa blah blah blah - RINAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :D

7 - MARIA - I'm running out of clever ways to say I like this song. :lol: Gotta love this one. It's YUKA. And Umeda. And Kasai.

4 - Bird - Can't go wrong with this one!

1 - Shonichi - It was GREAT to see Team B so happy that a song of theirs was able to reach #1. Nice job, Team B wotas! Team B totally deserves it, and this song is the perfect choice. Awesomeness!

I really enjoyed the 2009 Setlist. One thing I know I'll like about it over the 2010 stuff is how it's not riddled with singles toward the end. Now I feel dumb for not watching it sooner. :lol: Also, watching this has led me to believe that I need to give K4 another try. I really liked the songs I heard in here from it, so maybe I was high on drugs or something when I watched the LoD's and hated it. I have the DVD now, so I think I'll try it out sometime this week.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
Here you go peoples! If you haven't seen it already; JCB HALL Making Of!!!

Download @ AKB Multimedia!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 03:02:42 PM »
^I agree with a lot of what you said so I won't write my own review  :lol:

It's almost the big Airin show, she's featured a lot  :twothumbs Sadly, no new girls really stood out to me, so my favs list hasn't changed. I also discovered I can't stand Mieko  :nervous Ah well. Btw, is it Mieko or Meiko?!

This stage probably has my least favorite setlist, yet I still watched the entire thing without skipping anything. That says something. I especially liked Dakedo. River was disappointing, too weak  :oops:

Offline ohno

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 08:09:04 AM »
This isn't really a review but I want to recommend a concert from last year that nobody seems to have mentioned on any AKB forum. It's the "Natsu no Saru Obasan Matsuri" 『夏のサルオバサン祭り』 concert that took place in Fujikyuu Highland last year in September. I believe AKB48 spent that entire day at the amusement park to promote various rides from the booths. The concert concluded the day's festivities. It was released on DVD Magazine 2 in December. You can download the ISO from the H!O tracker.

The setlist itself isn't too great; it's pretty much a lot of single songs and some popular stage songs that are frequently performed. But I thought everything else about the concert was wonderful. It was an outdoor concert held at the end of summer, much like the one from 2008. Except this concert wasn't held on a rainy day and the stage was a lot nicer. I thought the atmosphere was totally different from their indoor concerts partially due to natural lighting. Right in the middle, the sun set and day turned to night. It fittingly occurred during Yuuhi wo Miteiruka so it was quite the special moment for everyone.

This was also the concert where RIVER and its coupling songs were performed live for the first time. You might have seen images or videos of the crazy pyrotechnics they used during the RIVER performance. I honestly think that out of all the times RIVER had been performed last year, this first time happens to be the best. And I'm not an expert judge, but I thought the camerawork and cuts were fantastic for this DVD. There were many moments when the girls performed directly to the camera, which I think is somewhat thrilling for DVD watchers and it should happen more often. One last thing, YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE GIRLS SINGING!

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »
What? They sing live? Are you fucking kidding me, I just deleted that without watching it yesterday.

:panic:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - My Prayer