JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Get Out

Author Topic: Criminal Minds  (Read 5558 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Criminal Minds
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »
It's probably a bad time to start a topic considering that the network has made the show jump shark by firing AJ Cook (J.J.) and this is also Paget Brewster's (Emily Prentiss) last season :/

ANYWAY!

From left to right:
Dr. Spencer Reid (a socially awkward genius), Emily Prentiss (awesomecakes, my girlfriend), Derek Morgan (does all the physical stuff lawlz), Aaron 'Hotch' Hotchner (srs bsnss but he's gone through hell so it kind of makes sense), David Rossi (ex-retired agent who wrote a lot of books and got famous), Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau (angel; chooses the cases for the unit), Penelope Garcia (fabulous tech chick that no piece of info can hide from)

Currently on its 6th season, Criminal Minds is a crime show focusing on FBI's behavioral analysis unit that tries to catch serial killers by attempting to understand their motives 'n stuff like that. They create profiles about the bad guys that help the authorities to catch 'em. Each episode focuses on a single case, with a few exceptions of season finales/season premieres, or some serial killer making a comeback. But most of the time the format is like that of CSI, Without a Trace and other similar shows.

Reasons to like the show? The cast and their chemistry is just lovely. The reason why JJ's last episode was so heartbreaking was because the confusion and disappointment over her departure wasn't just acting, but real. :/
Some of the cases are delightfully disturbing. ^^ The outcome is often predictable (they always find the latest victim alive, saving them at the last possible moment etc.) and the acting from guest stars isn't always great, but whatevs, it's still an enjoyable show to watch.

My favourite season has been season 4, which I also recommend to anyone who might be interested in checking out the show. Seasons 1-3 had a slightly different cast, so don't be overly confuzzled if you see those episodes. ^_^

I guess that's enough for an intro!! Does anyone else watch this?? I've seen every episode, haha.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Re: Criminal Minds
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 03:50:10 AM »
this is one of my favorite cop shows. Its also one of the few shows that my nephew and I still have in common.
Life is one time.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:42:54 PM »
The latest ep (dude in the woods kidnaps little boys) had pretty good kid actors :o Sometimes they have pretty bad ones... But these two were great.

Ya know that little girl that Morgan kind of feels responsible for, people were saying that she was a good little actress, but I thought the opposite haha. I felt that she had this semi-smile all the time that bothered me, maybe it's just how her face looks but it was distracting XD Also distracting: her short hair wig :lol: It was so obvious!

I'm really starting to wonder what the heck they'll do when Emily Prentiss is gone. She's the only female on the field and she's needed so many times :/ Like sometimes the suspect reacts in a more beneficial way to the team if there's a female talking to him, and she's great with kids. JJ leaving was big but I think Emily leaving will be even bigger.

I guess they'll replace her with some cheaper lame-o character :/

I just love Paget and Emily so much >o<

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
THE WHOLE GANG IS BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!!!!

HAHAHHA SUCK THAT NETWORK
THEY REHIRED THE TWO LADIES THEY NEVER SHOULD'VE SACKED IN THE FIRST PLACE. LET'S PRETEND LAST SEASON NEVER HAPPENED EH.

I'M CURIOUS TO SEE HOW THEY WRITE EMILY BACK INTO THE SHOW. OMG MY EMILY. :heart:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Been getting into this show recently.
Found it playing every night on a local channel and it's pretty damned good!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline duffth

• ecchi
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 01:19:26 AM »
I love this show...this and House are the only american drama shows i watch, besides reid which is usually everyones favorite, my favorite character was Gideon cause he can beat reid in chess :P I just found him smarter than reid not intellectually of course.

Offline trant444

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »
Trivia: Agent Rossi (Joe Mantegna) in the show, is also the voice of Fat Tony on The Simpsons.

This show interest me from the mind of the criminal and the profiling from the agents.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Get Out