JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Davichi - I Love You Even If I Hate You

Author Topic: [TEAM E] RENA ~ The Matsui Rena Thread  (Read 771747 times)

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: [TEAM E] RENA ~ The Matsui Rena Thread
« Reply #2641 on: November 29, 2015, 04:49:22 AM »
akb48-daily.blogspot.ca - Matsui Rena cast in TV drama "Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store
- http://akb48-daily.blogspot.ca/2015/11/matsui-rena-cast-in-tv-dram-mr-nietzsche.html
- http://ni-chesensei.com/
- http://www.ytv.co.jp/ni-chesensei/

Guys... I dunno if I'm mentally prepared for this.

Rena and even the director Fukuda-san have said plenty of times that Rena's character is.............rather wacko.

I mean, I just saw a translation of an interview by Rena on this role.....

And...... well, look for yourself.

(Source: sakaeandfrog's tumblr)

Matsui Rena interview regarding her upcoming role in Nietzsche Sensei from Smart The TV (online Nov. 26th 2015)
nb : the drama is currently in post-production, but the interview was conducted right before the shooting or when it had barely started back in September. Funnily enough as Rena had just graduated she is still posing “idolishly” in the pictures accompanying the interview.

Q - You’ve barely graduated, would you say you’ve already reached your goal of becoming an actress (役者)?
Rena - Absolutely not…

Q - How do you feel now that you’ve landed your much anticipated first regular role in a weekly drama?
Rena - I’m psyched! I wanted to act, I actually graduated (from SKE48) to be able to act, so before the shooting begins I studied, watched a lot of movies to prepare and from the moment I was offered this role I thought about how to properly bring my character to life, so I’m really excited to put it in practice!

Q - Did you read the source material?
Rena - I read it when I was in the 2D Enthusiasts Association (SKE48). With the action set in such a common place as a convenience store I thought it was easy for readers to project themselves in the action, through the story I often thought 「I’m totally picturing it happening!」, by contrast the unusualness of the situations makes the manga funny. Clerks are easy to relate to and those depicted in this story are close enough from the ones we encounter daily, without however being exactly normal. There might actually be some people like this around me, but people who have several layers of personality, those who are walking the edge the way we see it in this manga are truly fascinating!

Q - Is director Fukuda Yuichi one to strictly guide his actors?
Rena - I previously had the occasion to work with Fukuda-san when he was in charge of the production of the play for「Sixteen Principal」when I was in concurrent position in Nogizaka46 and I thought at the time that he wasn’t someone limited to one style or pattern.
To build a play, he doesn’t try to mold the actors to fit their characters to create a particular world. Rather, he goes looking into what the actors have to bring, he pays great attention on how to build his plays by capitalizing on his actors talents.
Principal’s particularity is that the cast is different for each performance. He didn’t write each character to be perform in one single way, you could feel how he wanted us to bring them to life, making them interesting, in our own way. When I read the script this time around, I had the same sensation. I can’t wait to see the result

Q - So, how wild are Shioyama Kaede’s delusions running exactly?
Rena - Of them all she is probably the one lacking common sense the most. Fukuda-san warned me upfront 「She is the biggest weirdo in the drama」.(laughs) She looks normal on the outside, but as soon as she opens her mouth it becomes clear something is off with her. I want that to be crystal clear as I perform, but to managed that I will first need to break out of my shell, so it’s going to be a very rich experience in that sense for me.

Q - Did you receive any exact instruction regarding your character?
Rena - Not a single one.(laugh) I bet Fukuda-san is watching me via his monitor, his ribs hurting from laughing the whole time.(laugh)

Q - You had work with Sato Jiro in「Magical Radio」before, right?
Rena - I’m very excited to have the opportunity to play with Sato Jiro-san again. He has a very unique acting rythme that I find fascinating. It’s something other actors can’t mimic, it would only look fake if they tried, while Jiro-san’s acting comes out as funny naturally. I’m amazed by his talent every time I'm shooting with him.

But he can also perform totally different, cool and elegant characters, which I find amazing. I learned a lot from him when we previously worked together, so it’s a pleasure to know he will be there this time too, on a set where I barely know anyone, his presence is a precious support to me. Even though we barely have any scenes together. (laugh)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh... my... FREAKING God...

I cannot wait for this, but at the same time... Oh, I need a moment. *walks away from laptop*
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #2642 on: December 01, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »
OMG LOOK WHAT CM RENA APPEARED IN!!!!!!!!

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2643 on: December 01, 2015, 03:06:37 PM »
^ So crazy. Playing a mobile game to the level of doing their cm. :bow:

Actually I've been playing KH Unchained X after seeing Rena start posting about it on her twitter. Its actually pretty fun. :)

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi

Offline sasshirie

• Member+
  • Shipping is number 1 priority
« Reply #2646 on: December 18, 2015, 09:03:24 PM »
Rena-chan kawaii!!!!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #2650 on: January 05, 2016, 10:07:39 AM »
^ "renamatui27"  :?

Did she misspell on purpose?

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #2651 on: January 05, 2016, 01:18:33 PM »
^ "renamatui27"  :?

Did she misspell on purpose?

Probably not. Rena is still studying English, so I'd understand if that's the case.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #2653 on: January 09, 2016, 08:20:23 PM »
Got to watch a livestream of Keiji Ballerino. It was so good! x3

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #2655 on: January 10, 2016, 04:12:27 AM »
An awesome fanvid

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Davichi - I Love You Even If I Hate You