JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Unite!

Author Topic: missing u marimari...can't believe it's been 1 year.  (Read 38095 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
missing u marimari...can't believe it's been 1 year.
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:17:28 AM »
I can't believe it's been one year since Kyle aka marimari passed away. I can still remember that afternoon when his sister KagoBon posted this thread, telling us the news:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=4693.0

Just stunned everyone, but we keep on moving. Risa Niigaki has grown into a beautiful young lady. Everyone staying strong.

I'm just keeping the positive attitude, putting a smile on my face like Kyle. Mourn you till we join you, lil homie.

If you don't know marimari - well, basically he was a selfless dude who would help a brother out or totally pull files out of nowhere and share em with us. Yet, he was just as down to earth as can be in the IRC. You can peep his legacy around the forum and in these stickied threads in the Classic Forum:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=14.0

SO, everyone, put up your marimari sigs to show a lil love to Kyle on this day of remembrance.

You can Peep the OPVs in the JPHiP Youtube Channel. Play a round of Pangya!! Post a lil something you remember about him, 

We've made a donation on behalf of everyone to the Bouvier Family's charity of choice, The Make A Wish Foundation of America: http://www.wish.org

Which leads me to giving back. Keeping marimari's legacy going. I am tinkering with the idea of a JPH!P Foundation, where we can utilize the jphip.org acct we have to bring awareness to causes we're passionate about. For now, I'll focus on getting the JPH!P Archives up to date in The Asshole. Big props to all who have been working hard delivering those XXXclusive files to everyone. I'm sure Kyle would be so proud :thumbsup

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Re: missing u marimari...can't believe it's been 1 year.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:42:06 AM »
Neither do I, I sure can't believe its been a year already too.  You know, certain things in life are too important to forget, and the relationship that marimari had with everyone here is definitely worth remembering.  I'm sure guilty of taking my friends for granted sometimes, I've no excuse for doing so.  I remember upon hearing the news, how we were all together on the IRC, with one thing on our minds - how much marimari meant to us, how much he cared for everyone here, and how much he shared everything he had with us.  It didn't matter to him.  His sharing habits didn't discriminate.  If he could help out, he'd help out.  If he could share, he'd share.  What an amazing way to live life!  I only wish that I could live the rest of my life with the unconditional love that marimari shared with us.

I encourage everyone reading this to take a moment and find someone, anyone that you know.  If you've not gotten along well with them lately, offer to make peace.  If you have been getting along great, tell them that you appreciate their support.  If you haven't spoken with them in a long time, offer to catch up.  And if you can't find someone you know, find someone you don't know, and make a new friend.  Marimari did it here, every single time he was logged in.

How many lives will you affect in your lifetime?

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:59:04 AM »
Wow it's been a year...

I still remember how absolutely speechless I was after reading the news. A few hours later I probably cried more than I ever have since I was a baby. All of us who frequented IRC back then, knew just how tearful those days were. :lol:

But enough about that stuff. What I remember the most about marimari was pretty much all the positivity he spread. I actually don't remember him saying anything really negative. He was one of the reasons why I loved to go on the IRC so much, with his epic pic spamming XD and his willingness to help anyone in any way he could.

To the people that weren't around at the time, he really did a lot for the community, and I don't only mean JPH!P, he reached everyone, even the wota in japan :lol:

I really couldn't help but be a little mad that he never mentioned anything about his condition, as maybe then I could've done more to help him. But I guess it's because the internet was really the only place where he was treated like everyone else. He was only human after all.

I'm just really thankful I got to know him, even if it were just for a few short months.

Offline SycX

• Rina? ADDICTION!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Certified Rina Nagasaki No. 1 Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
I didn't really know him (I must admit I wasn't that active here on the forums a year ago...  :oops:) but from what I heard/read, I would sure have been happy if I knew him. I feel really sorry for all you guys & girls here who did know him and lost a good friend...  :cry:

Sorry, dunno what more to say...

♥ My ADDICTION ~ My AFFECTION ~ My LOVE ... Rina Nagasaki ~ 長崎莉奈
The Exhausted Cutie ~ My H!P, J-Pop, Graphics, etc...blog

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:10:18 AM »
I wasn't around at the time, and I'm sorry I wasn't. He sounds like a great person and wherever he is, I hope that he's happy and being treated well in return for all the lovely things he did in his lifetime. I'm also sorry for everybody who lost such a dear friend, but everybody should be glad that such a great person was able to make an impact on their lives, no matter how large or small.

Rest in peace, Kyle.
rina ♥ mini

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:18:25 AM »

How beautiful has Risa got, marimari would be so proud :)

marimari was THE kindest guy ever. He never said an evil word about anyone (including H!P members), never offended a single soul. And he was so cute and so innocent and wouldn't get into the pervy chats XD And yes, he would share everything. I genuinely think the world would be a much better place if more people were like him... And I wish I was, too.

I miss you, marimari!!  :heart:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 09:24:21 AM »
Can't believe it's been a year already.  Time really passes quickly.  I miss him a lot as does everyone else, and Risa truly has become beautiful.  marimari was one of the most helpful people on this forum... may he rest in peace.
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 10:18:10 AM »
Wow it's been a whole year...

I only knew him briefly but I was stunned to hear the news and only then realised how integral he was to this community. My only regret is that I didn't get to know him better.

Rest In Peace Kyle.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »
I know..I've been thinking about it last night. I remember when I heard the news last year and I was in shock. Someone who I haven't known that had made a small impact for me over the past year through some of the worst times of my life. It's such a good thing that he still resides in us all today.

I was listening to our memorial radio show to him last night and wished that we could make another one in his honor. It brought so many memories and how some of the music he enjoyed listening to got me started to like some of the same bands today.

I will admit, that I'm still the same as I was last year, but knowing that he would have wanted me and everyone else to go on makes us that stronger. I'm glad to say that he's a good friend of mine, even though I never met him. I believe everyone here can agree with me. I can also say that if Risa ever met him, she would say the same thing. I also believe that he may have got a chance to see Risa during the past year(maybe you guys know what I'm talking about).

Thanks again to Kyle for impacting all of us and your everlasting gratitude that will never die.

For all of us, remember the H!P song: ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 05:04:33 PM »
I wasn't a member when it happened so I didn't know him. But from I've seen around the board, and how others described him, he must've been a great guy. It's too bad he had to go, especially like that. It's great you guys are keeping his memory alive; I'll don the marimari sig for a day. I hope he rests in peace.

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »
I didn't join the HiP movement til the near end of last year so I can't say that I was fortunate enough to meet Kyle Bouvier aka marimari, although I wish I would have gotten the chance to. From reading all the things said about him, he sounded like a great guy and it's good to see how everyone showed their support in his passing. I lost a friend of mine whom I worked with last year as he too passed away after a lifelong battle with muscular dystrophy. Although people with MD are usually confined to a wheelchair and aren't able to do some of the things physically that a lot of us take for granted, I learned from my friend as I'm sure you all did with Kyle, that doesn't stop them from doing what they love to do and enjoying life. I'm sure Kyle has had a better year than ever before where he is now. May he RIP.

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
  • neverending.white.light
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »
I wasn't a member at the time, and I'm sad I never got a chance to know him. But I think even the newcomers can still see his legacy on the board and it's great that people are still continuing it. He sounds like he was really great person and I hope that wherever he is, he still gets to see Gakisan. Rest in Peace.
Dollie's GraphicsI'll Never Forget You ♦

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 05:24:32 PM »
One year.....

Every time I go to the Risa pic thread, I think "wow, Kyle would have been so proud". Then again, 90% of the pics there would have probably been uploaded by him. And Risa has a very special guardian angel in Kyle, because I'm sure he left us just to begin his new job as Guardian Angel for Gakisan.

His kindness lives in this community. Still miss you, Kyle.

Offline bloo_pie

• White & Nerdy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Soonk ラブ
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »
i wish i had more to say here... i was a lurker for quite some time here and while i never got to know him, i saw him post around and he seemed like a nice guy. it was really sad that he had to go. RIP Kyle.

thanks for the icons, Rina. :heart:
((Graphics Thread))

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 06:10:16 PM »
 I knew there was a reason that out of all the days I've been here, today was the first day I could finally magically connect to the internet from my pc.

I still remember the day I got the news. I never thought someone I barely knew could make me cry so hard...maybe that was the reason I was crying in the first place. I'm truly sorry for not getting to know him better, when I had the chance. I hope I'll never repeat the same mistake ever again. We're truly blessed to have been in contact with him.

May you rest in peace, Kyle.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 06:23:26 PM »
One year now.....time flies like woah..
well. Rest in Peace marimari.

Everyone in JPHIP has good memories of him.
It was cool to talk to him on IRC or to "mari marry me" with him  :lol: (i still remember it  :lol:) or to beat him on Pangya  :lol: (well that's not true, i only beat Ping, not marimari in the threesome "Tettekete-Ping-marimari"  :lol:)

So REST IN PEACE marimari.

Offline Bleachhh

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
I didn't really know the fella, but he seemed like a cool cat. Rest in Peace friend.

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »
Oh man .... this year really flew past.I remember how I felt sick for like a whole month.
I was so shocked when I read the news...
I never imagined that something like this would happen... I am pretty sure all of us who got to know marimari will
never forget his incomparable personality and endless kindness.

Rest in Peace marimari !

Offline Popcorn Joe

• Fap Master Flex
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 12:49:26 AM »
shit, a year... just goes to show you how fast time flies and how precious each day is...
R.I.P. Kyle

Offline sugar

• Clown Mask
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I like Sailor Moon and other stuff.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 02:14:59 AM »
Ah 1 year already? It feels like just yesterday I first heard about it. Thanks for all the files and generosity marimari. I'm sure your good spirit has served you well in heaven. Also, say hi to all the celebs up there for me. =]

R.I.P marimari. <3

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Unite!