JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Watashi No Kao

Author Topic: [THAI] Jeeja Yanin  (Read 39924 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[THAI] Jeeja Yanin
« on: November 08, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »

Yanin "Jeeja" Vismistananda (Thai: "จีจ้า" ญาณิน วิสมิตะนันทน์) (March 31, 1984-) is a Thai actress, noted for her small stature (162 cm). She was born in Bangkok, Thailand. Her debut was the starring role in the film Chocolate.

Name: Nicharee Vismistananda
Nickname: Jeeja
Birthday: 1984/03/31
Height: 162cm
Weight: 43km
Religion: Buddhism
Special ability: Taekwondo
Favorite movies: The Godfather, Mortal Kombat

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia
Jeeja Yanin Fansite
Yanin Fanclub (thai)

Filmography
Chocolate (2008)

Random pictures

Chocolate trailer

Jeeja Yanin vs. Crazy B-Boy (Chocolate)

Icehouse Fight (Chocolate)

Dojo Fight (Chocolate)

I watched Jeeja's debut movie Chocolate today and her amazing perfomance made me fall in love with her. She's easily the most talented female martial arts actress I have seen in years and she's better than most of the guys you see in martial arts flicks nowadays. Oh yeah, she's mad pretty as well  :inlove:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:56:06 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Jeeja Yanin (female Tony Jaa!)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 10:15:30 PM »
Jeeja Yanin VS Street Fighter @ Thailand Game Show 2008 (1/3)

Jeeja Yanin VS Street Fighter @ Thailand Game Show 2008 (2/3)

Jeeja Yanin VS Street Fighter @ Thailand Game Show 2008 (3/3)

Q&A: Yanin Vismitananda

At first sight, you might think she’s a stereotypical Siam Square girl. But Jeeja was chosen for the leading role in Chocolate, Prachya Pinkaew’s latest film, because she can fight. Here, the 23-year-old taekwondo teacher tells us about her transition to a movie star and the high expectations from Ong Bak’s fans.

Did you train a lot for the movie?
Yes. I dropped out of school for four years: two years for training and two more years for shooting. Even though I practice taekwando, I still had to learn muay thai, gymnastics and how to use weapons. The character likes watching action films—Jet Lee, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Tony Ja—and she is able to impersonate their martial arts styles based on the latest flick she’s seen.

You didn’t have a stunt double?
I played every scene myself. The worst blow I was dealt was after nights of shooting. I’m a girl, it was that time of the month and I was really tired. I didn’t see a foot coming and wham! I couldn’t open my left eye for a while and had to stop shooting for a week.

Is it difficult playing an autistic girl?
When I first knew I got this role, I thought it would be too hard for me to understand. I had no idea what an autistic person is like. The staff did research for me, brought me DVDs like Rain Man, Awakening and Forest Gump and medical study cases. I studied on my own for four to six months, had acting classes for a couple of months and observed children in a center for autistic persons. Their behaviors are all different, so I picked up on the eating habits of one, the walking of another, the way of expressing anger of yet another and so forth. It was a lot of pressure. I almost cried when I copied their actions. Like when one did his math homework, he would glance at the exercises once, then jot down all the answers without pausing to calculate anything.

What do you like most about this film?
I was very excited about acting with Off Pongpat. I’m a fan of his and he’s very professional when you work with him. He plays my enemy and when I first looked at him, I was really scared! Also, the last scenes were shot in Japan. It’s my first movie and I got to go abroad; I feel so lucky!
http://www.bkmagazine.com/feature/q-yanin-vismitananda

Petite Thai action star plans to take on the world

BANGKOK (AFP) — She may be small and weigh not much more than a drink of water, but tiny Thai martial arts star Yanin "Jeeja" Vismitananda is proving that petite packages can still pack a punch. At only 162 centimetres (five foot three inches) tall and 43 kilograms (95 pounds), she is the first woman in two decades to win a leading role in a Thai martial arts movie. The 24-year-old actress is even being styled as the successor to kickboxing phenomenon Tony Jaa, whose work includes the most successful Thai films ever to hit foreign screens.

As the star of the new Thai film "Chocolate," which is due for its first international screenings in Hong Kong next month, she proves a woman can look sweet and act tough. Jeeja, as she is affectionately known, did all her own stunts for the movie under the tutelage of Jaa, who starred in world-wide hits like "Ong Bak" and "Tom Yum Goong". "Yes, people compare me to him a lot, but I would like to set things straight," said the actress who has studied taekwondo since she was 11 years old.

"I am not as good as he is. He is my trainer, and I'm just his student. I have all the respect in the world for him." Just four years ago, Jeeja was a complete unknown. She might have continued in an ordinary life if it were not for Prachya Pinkaew, Thailand's leading martial arts director. He was so impressed with her fighting skills when she auditioned for a supporting role in another film, that he wrote this script to show off her ability. Prachya has a knack for stories that sell overseas. When his film "Ong Bak" was released in the US in 2003, it debuted at number 17 at the box office and earned 1.33 million dollars in its opening weekend.

His follow-up three years later, "Tom Yum Goong," did even better, landing at number four in its opening weekend and grossing more than five million dollars, making it the most successful Thai film released in the US market. "Then foreign distributors asked if I had a female actress who could star in an action film," Prachya said. "So the search began." The girl of his dreams had dark skin, a solid body and exotic looks. His plan was to sell the sex appeal of this strong yet feminine character and he hoped to find someone like Zhang Ziyi, Chinese star of "Memoirs of a Geisha".

"But then we got Jeeja, who has no sex appeal at all," he said. "So we had to come up with something to compensate for that." So he wrote a script that he hoped would win audiences with a compelling plot rather than sexy looks. The result was Jeeja's character Zen, an autistic girl who has the supernatural ability to copy martial arts moves she sees on television and in video games. She unleashes her powers against an army of thugs trying to collect money from her sick mother who is struggling to pay her medical bills.

The movie's selling point, said the director, is that it surprises audiences by showing a mild-mannered girl doing butterfly kicks to defeat her enemies. "That is why I do not use stand-ins," said the actress who is in her junior year at a private university in Bangkok. "We want to make viewers feel whatever we do is real." Outtakes included at the end of the film show just how real her fighting is.

In one clip, stand-ins fall on top of one another into pile, finally tumbling off a building to the ground. One of the men had to be put in a neck brace and carried out on a stretcher. Another scene shows the actress herself getting kicked in the eye -- an incident that forced a week-long halt in shooting as her torn eyelid healed. Other clips show more gruesome injuries, leaving some in the audience hiding behind their hands. "Real stunts are what international markets are after," said the director. "Films like this cannot be remade, because it requires personal skills to give viewers a sense of reality."

This 100-million-baht (3.2-million-dollar) film has earned almost 70 million baht in Thailand, and has already been sold to Weinstein Company for eventual US release. Its first foreign release will be in Hong Kong next month, and distributors in Japan, Singapore and South Korea have already signed up for the film. "Japanese audiences should receive this film better than others because the man who plays Zen's father, Hiroshi Abe, is a superstar there," said Prachya. He hopes that his earlier credits will encourage international viewers to see this not-so-sweet "Chocolate". "When making this film, I made both local and international audiences my targets," he said. "I know what they like to see."
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5ity_qCH-oyE74RciVUa4gTAHQFEg

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 10:36:35 PM »
gib tony jaa & jeeja yanin movie plz kthx

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
Very cute actress !

Offline jabronisaur

• Wank, Wank, Suru no da!
  • Member+
Re: [THAI] Jeeja Yanin (female Tony Jaa!)
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »
I just got done watching Chocolate. Unfortunately the english subs were horrendous, but Jeeja's acting was very good and it made it easier to understand what was going on.
The fights were insane and extremely intense. And she's super cute as well.
 I sure hope to see more of her work in the future.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [THAI] Jeeja Yanin
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 08:21:20 AM »
Press conference announcing Jeeya's 2nd movie

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
Shit I love her hair..who's the dude?

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »
Chocolate Star Jeeja Yanin Unveils Her Latest Movie

Fans of bone-crunching action have been turning their gaze to Thailand in recent years, with the rise of Tony Jaa and Prachya Pinkaew, respectively the star and director of Ong-Bak and Tom Yum Goong. My second favourite theatrical experience of last year was a midnight screening of the most recent Pinkaew release Chocolate, starring his latest protégé Jeeja Yanin, which you can catch Reed’s review of right here. I’ve been waiting to hear about a follow-up for this petite Muay Thai cyclone, and it’s finally arrived in the announcement for her second movie, Du Suay Doo.

One thing that I appreciate about the rise of the Thai action industry is the patience they’ve shown in making their movies. The best example of that may be the two years of training given to Jeeja before they even began Chocolate, not including the extra two years of grueling training she experienced while making it. It’s a welcome mixture of the techniques of the Shaw Bros., who would slowly groom and train their stars in the martial arts, and old school Jackie Chan, who would meticulously work on a fight or stunt to the point of madness. That said, while I’m fully supportive of the slow build-up, I’m glad Jeeja won’t be making us wait another four years for her next film. Are you excited about the Thai action renaissance, or is there another country that you think does it even better?
http://www.filmjunk.com/2009/03/13/chocolate-star-jeeja-yanin-unveils-her-latest-movie/

Offline electric mole

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 09:41:23 AM »
Jeeja's amazing! she really knows how to open a can of whoop ass.
Chocolate was the best fighting movie i've seen all year. thanks for making this thread  :D

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 04:32:34 PM »
Jeeja (Jija) Yanin trades autism for hip-hop in 'Raging Phoenix'

CHOCOLATE star Jeeja Yanin (aka Jija Yanin) made a big impression in her debut martial arts film and it's no surprise to see that she is back for a second starring role. This time the taekwondo-trained actress is dropping the autism act from her debut and reportedly will be incorporating a bit of romance and some form of hip-hop dancing into her screen fighting performance in RAGING PHOENIX. This news confirms earlier rumors that Yanin was working on a second film with action director Panna Rittikrai and members of French stunt group Team Tri-X.

In referring to a promo reel that is not available to the public yet, Twitch Film suggests that production company Sahamongkol has something very different in mind for the film's fight choreography and action. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they're referring beyond their reference to hip-hop. So far we know the film is directed by Rashane Limtrakul who previously fused action, comedy and music together in 4 ROMANCES. It features action from Panna Rittikrai's stunt team. Yanin's co-star is "Kazu," aka Patrick Tang, a stunt actor and member of Team Tri-X.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/jeeja-jija-yanin-trades-autism-for-hip-hop-in-raging-phoenix-7456

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »
Pretty  :wub: Hip hop dancing lol she gonna spit a few bars?

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »
JeeJa Yanin rocks out on set of 'Raging Phoenix'

Images from CHOCOLATE star Jeeja (Jija) Yanin's second film, RAGING PHOENIX, have turned up on Thai-language site Deknang.com. They show the action starlet strumming in a rock 'n' roll band and hanging out in a nightclub. It was earlier reported that the Thai actioner would incorporate musical and dance elements in with the martial arts fighting, as well as romancing with co-star Patrick Tang.

Another upcoming martial arts movie that will be blending dance and martial arts is Yuen Woo-ping's TRUE LEGEND. Star Vincent Zhao has incorporated a form of street dance into his drunken boxing routines. Nothing is known about the plot yet but that has never been a strong point of any recent Thai action movie. All that really matters is that Yanin and Panna Rittikrai's stunt team are able to deliver more killer action to at least match CHOCOLATE.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/jeeja-yanin-rocks-out-on-set-of-raging-phoenix-8663

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 10:46:56 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 02:32:02 PM »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:08:09 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »
:love: OH MY....water on sando makes me go :ondick:

GO BBOY STYLES!! I love how they kick ass and then do a running man lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:54 AM »

Raging Phoenix จีจ้า ดื้อสวยดุ! IN DA ASSHOLE  :shakeit:

LOL she so sexy, I dunno about the "hip hop" moves but DRUNKEN MUAY THAI  :fap

Pretty in pink!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »
I just got done watching Chocolate. Unfortunately the english subs were horrendous, but Jeeja's acting was very good and it made it easier to understand what was going on.
The fights were insane and extremely intense. And she's super cute as well.
 I sure hope to see more of her work in the future.

I hear ya Jabby :D I just finished watching both of her movies and I'm in lub, she is so cute.  :inlove:

Chocolate was simply a masterpiece. Really fun to watch, and jerks with your emotions too. She may be handicapped, but DONT PUSH HER! CUZ SHES CLOSE TO DA EDGE!!

Great tribute to BRUCE LEE! :brucelee:

and the battle with the B-Boy ....fucking SICK!

i love how they just so happen to have a glass table in the middle of a warehouse

The FUCK! Hiroshi Abe - awesome

Raging Phoenix is like Jeeja's Ong Bak. EPIC slow mo photography and scenery. Fantasy plotlines, like wtf chicks tears is the new ginseng.

That karate kid style training scene was awesome, this took my breath away:

mmm a little sexy Jeeja

This was my fave battle scene, against Bull Shit (the TEAM was hilarious, they needed to get drunk more)

EPIC battle scene at the end, FUCK I can't believe that bitch lived. And then fough Jeeja for another 10 minutes!

OVERALL. KICKASS flick. Pretty touching with everyone abadoning her ...but damn FX was whoa LOL those fuckers on the stilts.

Jeeja SPAM!!

Here she is in HK - cooking up some curry

Chocolate premiere - she's a Karen Mok fangirl!

beating up chumps in a Hong Kong mall  :lol:

super HQ:

cute photo shoot  :wub:

gib tony jaa & jeeja yanin movie plz kthx

YOUR DREAM CUM TRUE BABY!!! :ondick:

Love to see her with Tony Jaa and Jackie Chan.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 08:24:34 AM »
whatta dork xD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »
What she doing lately?

HIGH KICK

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 05:04:32 AM »
holy shit! finally found Jeeja news. :thailand:

According to this Fanclub video, Chocolate 2 for 2011 release!

and ....

AFM 2010: CHOCOLATE Star Jija Yanin Joins Cast Of Prachya Pinkaew's Taekwondo Picture THE KICK

Gearing up for an imminent start to production with principal photography just weeks away is Ong Bak director Prachya Pinkaew's The Kick.

Revolving around a Korean family of taekwondo masters living in Bangkok The Kick will see Pinkaew bring some new moves to his repertoire. The switch in fight disciplines has led to a switch in fight choreographers with muay thai stylist Panna Rittikrai replaced by taekwondo expert Master An of the Korean Tigers but despite the new stunt leader and new fight style Pinkaew's latest won't be entirely without familiar faces.

Popular Thai comedian Mum Jokmok - Dirty Balls in Ong Bak - is coming along for the ride on this one as is Chocolate leading lady Jija Yanin. Making Yanin's involvement particularly interesting is that taekwondo is actually her first discipline, with muay thai being something she picked up specifically for Chocolate. She'll have a supporting role in this one but expect to see some good things with the added comfort that should come from working with a more familiar style.

source: http://twitchfilm.com/news/2010/11/afm-2010-chocolate-star-jija-yanin-joins-cast-of-prachya-pinkaews-taekwondo-picture-the-kick.php

pimpin

source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeeja-Yanins-News/251235197314

and Jak Ka Ran (จั๊กกะแหล๋น)

Jija Yanin Gets Some Girl-On-Girl Action on the Set of JAK KA RAN

Thai entertainment show has a little preview from the set of action comedy Jak Ka Ran (จั๊กกะแหล๋น) while filming is in progress. You can expect to see Chocolate's Jija Yanin battling another female fighter for what appears to be a climatic scene. Other than knowing Popular Thai comedian Mum Jokmok - Dirty Balls in Ong Bak - is joining in on the fight, I'm pretty much in the dark on whats the premise and the release date.

Via http://twitchfilm.com/news/2010/11/jija-yanin-gets-some-girl-on-girl-action-on-the-set-of-ja-ka-len.php
Via Yaninnews.com
On-Set pictures via Sahamongkol film

เธอน่ารักมาก ไม่สามารถรอเพื่อดูเตะก้นของเธอ! 555555555555555555555555555555555555

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Watashi No Kao