JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Turbocharger On

Author Topic: [2009.10.30] AKB48's 1st Musical "Infinity"  (Read 30371 times)

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
Re: AKB48's First Musical - "Infinity"
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »
^ As announced on AKBINGO just moments ago, DVD release of Infinity set for Mar.6th!!!! :cow::cow:

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »
^ As announced on AKBINGO just moments ago, DVD release of Infinity set for Mar.6th!!!! :cow::cow:

Yes, finally.  :cow:

Wait, that's this Saturday.   :panic:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 05:51:01 PM »
Uch.. horrible timing.. so many awesome releases and mega expensive box sets coming out  :nervous  :panic:

I'm curious about the details. The two casts on one dvd or multiple versions, and I wonder what the price will be...

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
Damn. Couldn't they just leave it for next month?  :cry:

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Bloo48

• Member+
  • Maybe is my excuse ... Acchan <3
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 10:49:19 PM »
Excellent news!
I thought you had forgotten,
because she no longer kisses and saw action  :lol:
Sayang I should be happy to see just a wall TakAcchan  :P

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »
Order in: http://www.pre-cam.jp/akb48/kagekidan/

DVD contents:

Total length: 243min
Disc1: 105min - Akimoto x Takahashi version (double layer)
Disc2: 110min - Miyazawa x Kashiwagi version (double layer)
Disc3: 24min - making of (single layer)
Booklet

Price: 5,980yen.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2010, 10:28:56 AM »

6000 yen is surprisingly cheap! However, since it won't be available at the regular stores...  :oops:

Can't wait to finally see it.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!DVDRIPs @ H!O:
Disc 1 (Akimoto/Takahashi)
Disc 2 (Miyazawa/Kashiwagi)
Disc 3 (Making of)

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIT!  :leek: :banana: :pepper: :taco: :bounce: :lock: :strawberry: It's about time!  :w00t:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 02:56:06 AM »
Hurray for double-posting? :P

I just watched the Sae-Yuki version. I was expecting to watch a video with some very light lezzing out, random musical numbers, and horrendous acting, but I actually walked away quite surprised. I know nothing about musicals but this one seemed pretty well put together. One thing I did notice was the dialog was very simple and straight forward. I don't know much Japanese but even my "skills" had zero problem picking it up. It was kinda refreshing in that regard. :lol: Still, the story was somewhat interesting and a lot of the acting was surprisingly good. Sae's performance was best and absolutely amazing. She put out so much emotion and even though I've noticed her improvement over the years, her vocals in this blew me right out of the water. Yuki's performance was also pretty good, but there were a lot of moments where she went to her default "I'm not sure what to do here so I'll smile really big :D" face. The supporting cast was pretty awesome. Those guys were pretty good. :thumbup The AKB girls also did really good. They tended to overact a bit but that is what they were there for, pretty much. The musical numbers were terrific. The original music for the play felt really powerful and... well, musical-like. :P The AKB numbers were also great. It was so cool to see girls like Haachan, Yonechan, Ucchi, Nakayan and the rest getting to be front girls for a change. They did an awesome job! Also, lol at Haachan's bone falling out after Hone Hone Waltz. :lol:

So yeah, Infinity is totally awesome, and not just for the kissing scenes. Check it out. :thumbsup

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 03:09:51 AM »
I'll wait for my copy to arrive to watch it. Just want to point out to sae fans that Sayaka version also exists  :P2

Well, even when the story is the same, the characters' personalities change depending on the version, so both are worth watching.

If anyone wants to buy the real thing here, I made an entry trying to help in my blog: http://www.saeyaka.com/2010/03/how-to-buy-akb48-stuff-via-from-japan.html

Offline Lazypanda

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 03:18:06 AM »
Hurray for double-posting? :P

Sae's performance was best and absolutely amazing. She put out so much emotion and even though I've noticed her improvement over the years, her vocals in this blew me right out of the water.

really?  :w00t:
i can't wait to see sae  :wub:
i personally love sae's voice but i'm a little worry about how she preformed for the musical, but GENKIN is AWESOME :heart: :heart:

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
A 'preview' for those who don't have the DVD/DVDRIPs yet:

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2010, 06:27:34 AM »
I could see her doing Takarazuka after AKB.  :heart:

I wonder... She could clearly join Takarazuka but... I think Takarazuka trains their actresses since they're very young. probably Sayaka is already too old to join them  :cry:

Offline Arduinna

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Harunyan's fan ^_^
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »

I almost feel like I would be disappointed if I watched the Sae/Yuki version. Sayaka is PRO in this.

I think the same of you Sayaka is amazing  :bow:

And I like the handmaid, there are cute  :w00t:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »
Since I have a scanner now, might as well scan the pamphlet from the musical. :cow:

Offline Arduinna

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Harunyan's fan ^_^
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 07:09:55 AM »
Thanks for your scans.
Pics are beautifuln above all Takamina is so pretty here  :P

Offline Lazypanda

• Member+
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »
thanks for the scans
takamina and yukirin are beautiful princesses  :wub:
sayaka and sae are so handsome  :inlove:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [2009.10.30] AKB48's 1st Musical "Infinity"
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 11:25:33 AM »
I finally saw it as well! SaeYuki version, of course  :halo:

It took me a while to get into it. The Aitakatta performance at the beginning didn't really help to create an exiting atmosphere. Especially at first the setting was kinda bland too. In some cases, a clean setting works really well, for example when Yuki was in bed. The lighting was really well done imo.

Let's start with the supporting cast. It's cool to see that they used some new girls and underdogs to participate in this project. Having said that, I feel that Natsuki and Nakatsuka are a bit of a mis-match. Maybe it's the age difference, but I wasn't really feeling them. They did their best, so it's probably just me. I also feel that Katayama and Chisato got shafted a bit. Sure, they were there, but they did not get to say or do that much. Some of the girls truly impressed me. In particular Wasamin. She's pretty young but her acting, as well as her vocals were great. The second girl who deserves special props is Nakayan. She made her way back info my fandom. Great vocals. Speaking of great vocals, that one guy from the professional actors has an amazing voice!

In all honesty, as non-biased as I can be, Yuki owned the musical. I was a bit worried about whether she could act at all, because she kinda failed at it when she did that seiyuu work on Nemousu. She pulled it off very well. Granted, her role is probably less challenging than Sae's, but I still believed her. I absolutely love Yuki's vocals. Some songs suited her better than others, but overall she was great. Especially the ballad after Kimi wa Pegasus was amazing. I also dug 'Yuki Bell ga Naru' at the end.

I can give Sae nothing but props. It must be incredibly hard to pull of solo versions of Blue Rose and Maria, but she stood her ground. the highlight was when she sang Kimi wa Pegasus. I could heel her pain, she really gave it her all during that performance. epic.

Speaking of the songs, I really liked some of the transitions between the acting and the songs. For example the way they went straight into Blue Rose was nicely done. On the other hand, some of the songs kinda ruined the mood, but I guess a musical must have a mix between various types of songs.

I can't really think of a good ending sentence, but it is definitely worth a watch.

edit: I'm curious about the Sayaka/Takamina version. I think Sayaka must be awesome in the solo versions of these songs and I wonder if Takamina can look as typically girly as Yuki did...

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [2009.10.30] AKB48's 1st Musical "Infinity"
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »
edit: I'm curious about the Sayaka/Takamina version. I think Sayaka must be awesome in the solo versions of these songs and I wonder if Takamina can look as typically girly as Yuki did...

Well considering that Takamina is a female, I would say so. I know it's a running gag here to allude that she isn't, but I guess the joke is lost on me. She holds her own fine. I've watched the Sayaka-Takamina version about halfway through and it's pretty solid. Sayaka has a great voice for this kind of singing and it's no surprise that she has already signed onto another musical.

Still, I'm glad to see a positive review of the SaeYuki version. :thumbup So far all I've read in here is bull from people who decided it was the inferior program without even watching it. :P

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Turbocharger On