JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Polysics - Baby Bias

Author Topic: ::Voices of Angels:: [Chapter Twenty: The "Training" Room, Part II]  (Read 41920 times)

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
Re: ::Voices of Angels:: [Interlude IV: Munasawagi Scarlet]
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2007, 03:22:55 AM »
I'm sleepy. :dozing:

Chapter Nineteen: The “Training” Room

It was really beyond her how the blind girl had managed to wedge herself into the little cabinet space that there was, but Eri was there, all curled up and sleeping happily like that. It was cute, Mari thought to herself. In a weird sort of way, at least.

Many of the others had fallen asleep in the kitchen as well: Saki was sitting up against the wall, a very content Momoko dozing off in her lap. Maasa the makeshift pack mule was so tired that she had fallen asleep at the table, still in the middle of eating her meal. Ai was curled up beneath that table in a cat-like fashion, and it was hard to resist the urge to pet her when she looked like that. Risa was sitting beside Miyabi and Yurina, and all three of them were watching Reina as she picked on Sayumi by lighting flames in front of the other girl’s face, causing her to make quite a bit of noise. This seemed to amuse the firebrand, perhaps maybe too much. But nobody was stopping her.

Aya had asked about a bath or something, and left to follow Makoto somewhere. Mari had watched Miki as the metal-armed woman slipped off after them. She found it somewhat odd, as Aya had been the one following Miki before… Perhaps the tables had turned.

Eating had only made the twins a bit more hyper, and they were currently engaged in a game of sorts that only they understood, which was probably just as well. Hitomi was just brooding over in the corner, staring off into space with those big eyes of hers. The boyish female snapped out of it when Koharu entered the room, and soon after she came into view, Asami walked in as well.

“Everybody feeling a little bit better?”

She got a few appreciative grunts as a response, and that seemed to satisfy the genius well enough.

“I was wondering if some of you wouldn’t be opposed to… well… there’s not really any good way to ask this, so I might as well be blunt. Anybody want to be my guinea pig for a few minutes?”

The genius had her hands clasped together in front of her, and was smiling very brightly, and it was almost kind of scary just how adorable she looked. Who could say no to a face like that…

“Guinea pigs…?” Hitomi had an eyebrow raised skeptically. “For what?”

“Oh, well… It’s just that… I’ve never been around beings with powers like yours before and I just…” She was fidgeting, like a kid that was standing just outside the candy store, anxious to get in. “I’m just curious… it’s a scientist thing.”

The clones blinked at her for a moment, not really sure what to make of that. It sounded dangerous. But Asami looked so cute and innocent… surely not…

“Some of us don’t know what our powers are yet…” Risa replied, but she would soon come to regret it, because as soon as she finished, Asami had this wild sort of grin on her face.

“Oh, I can fix that. Follow me…”

------------

“Long time no see, Risha-chan.”

The three of them had been standing there in silence for a while after that. Maiha’s eyes never left Risako, who was staring at the other with an utterly confused look on her face. And Aika was looking back and forth between them, a strange sort of feeling growing up inside of her. She was annoyed, and she didn’t know why, really. Something about it just ticked her off…

“She doesn’t know who you are, you know… we’re just-”

“Clones, I know. I heard Ogawa-san and Konno-san talking about it earlier… Still… it’s amazing… I always wondered what the others would look like if they had been given the chance to grow up… I didn’t know you’d get to be so beautiful, Risha-chan…”

Risako seemed to be flustered by that, and Aika felt her annoyance grow. Who was this kid, anyway? Well… okay, so maybe she wasn’ t really a kid… Maiha was a little bit taller than both of them, and she wore this constantly sincere and worn-out expression that showed that looks were deceiving and that she had been through much more than they could imagine.

Still… she needed to back off.

“The rest of the group is upstairs, you know…” Aika stated bluntly, trying to get the girl to go away.

“Yeah… I know. I heard you guys come in. I didn’t think it would be a good idea to see everyone at once, though… it’d have been too overwhelming…” Maiha finally turned to look at Aika, as if noticing her presence there for the first time. “You know, I don’t think I even know you. I think I left H!P before the person you were cloned from got there… what’s your name again?”

She tried really hard not to grind her teeth.

“Mitsui… Aika.”

“Ah. Oh, I guess I should introduce myself, too. I’m Ishimura Maiha. Oh, and I know who you are…” She cut in, as Risako was about to follow suit, “…Or who you used to be, anyway. By the way, I heard you guys trashed my robot.”

It was annoying, too.”

“…What?”

“Nothing- ow!” Aika was getting all-too-familiar with Risako’s elbow digging into her side. Maybe I should go back to just observing things instead of opening my mouth.

Risako decided to enter the conversation at that point, before her companion could say anything else that could possibly be stupid. “Saki was actually the one who took it down… she kind of fried it…”

“Captain…? So… everyone’s back, then… Wow.”

“Captain?”

“We always called Saki that. Back when I was in Berryz Koubou.”

“Berryz Koubou?”

Maiha blinked. “Didn’t Konno-san explain anything to you? That’s the group you- well… you know. The one the original Risako was in… Along with the original Saki, Momoko, Miyabi, Maasa, Chinami, and Yurina.”

“If you were in Hello! Project, why didn’t you end up like us…?” Aika questioned, crossing her arms. “How did you survive?”

She got a sigh in reply.

“…It’s a really long story.”

“We aren’t going anywhere.”

------------

They stood there, watching as the metal door slid up into the ceiling to reveal the room within. It was dark at first, but Asami entered a sequence into the keypad on the wall, and the room was instantly flooded with light.

“…Whoa.”
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: ::Voices of Angels:: [Chapter Nineteen: The "Training" Room]
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2007, 03:32:23 AM »
Yay we get to find out what their powers are for real! Yeah!

Konkon asking for guinea pigs...XDDD!!! I'll be her guinea pig any day...>_> XD

Miki following Aya to the bath?? XD!!!! Do we get to see anything good? Do we? Do we? XD

Aika doesn't like Maiha...? That's the impression I got. Hmm, interesting. So is Maiha going to tell them more than she should be telling that at this time? Hmm.

Can't wait to see more. :)

...and damn, you post so much so fast that I'm falling behind on my own fic. :P

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2007, 07:01:27 AM »
Hehe.

I love this scene where all the girls resting and scattered at all places. Nice job FIM. Really cute.

Quote from: FeverInducedMadness
Maasa the makeshift pack mule was so tired that she had fallen asleep at the table, still in the middle of eating her meal.

Wth is that!!  :shock:

Lol, guinea pig. Wanna see what will happen when Konkon equipments can't contain their power :3

Yay, a long convo between Risako, Aika and Maiha  :heart: Will this make Risako recalled all the lost memory and treats Maiha as her long lost Berryz member or will she totally ignore her story?  :dunno: Maybe next time.

Thanks for this new chapter again. An awesome read.  :whistle:

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »
Yay, I had so much to catch up on. It was nice having so much to read at once. I'm interested in everyone else's powers.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2007, 06:30:34 PM »
Konkon has a X-men style training room?
Judging by her excitement it will be more of a torture room for the poor girls  ;D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2007, 07:59:47 PM »
Aya had asked about a bath or something, and left to follow Makoto somewhere. Mari had watched Miki as the metal-armed woman slipped off after them. She found it somewhat odd, as Aya had been the one following Miki before… Perhaps the tables had turned.
Even if they're clones, they cannot fight their rabu-rabu instincts!  :hee:

“I was wondering if some of you wouldn’t be opposed to… well… there’s not really any good way to ask this, so I might as well be blunt. Anybody want to be my guinea pig for a few minutes?”

The genius had her hands clasped together in front of her, and was smiling very brightly, and it was almost kind of scary just how adorable she looked. Who could say no to a face like that…

“Guinea pigs…?” Hitomi had an eyebrow raised skeptically. “For what?”

The clones blinked at her for a moment, not really sure what to make of that. It sounded dangerous. But Asami looked so cute and innocent… surely not…
I figure Konkon looked something like this: :wriggly:

;D

Aika was getting all-too-familiar with Risako’s elbow digging into her side. Maybe I should go back to just observing things instead of opening my mouth.
Looks like Aika's jealous that Socko may have a connection to Maiha.  :grr:

They stood there, watching as the metal door slid up into the ceiling to reveal the room within. It was dark at first, but Asami entered a sequence into the keypad on the wall, and the room was instantly flooded with light.

“…Whoa.”
WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? WHAT'D THEY SEE???? MITAI! MITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!  :frustrated:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Loser87

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2007, 08:22:23 PM »
I'm straining my modem for this story and the other
Be grateful!!
Yada yada *does the whole commanding deal*

Okay reading the chapter now, UPDATE FASTER!!
While I try to fix my connection problem...>_>

GO MY SLAVE WRITE FASTER POST FASTER...FIX MY STUPID MODEM CONNECTION!!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »
Miki following Aya to the bathroom? Maybe she's curious to see what her powers are too :D

Finally we get to see the other girls' powers in the next chapter! (Mayuge Beam? ;))

Reminds me of the X-Men's Danger Room. ;D

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2007, 02:08:06 AM »
Yay we get to find out what their powers are for real! Yeah!

Konkon asking for guinea pigs...XDDD!!! I'll be her guinea pig any day...>_> XD

Miki following Aya to the bath?? XD!!!! Do we get to see anything good? Do we? Do we? XD

Aika doesn't like Maiha...? That's the impression I got. Hmm, interesting. So is Maiha going to tell them more than she should be telling that at this time? Hmm.

Can't wait to see more. :)

...and damn, you post so much so fast that I'm falling behind on my own fic. :P

I love how excited ya'll are about this. XD

Dang, me too. <3

Haha, probably not. Unless anyone really wants it or something. XD

-see JFC's comment- Maybe, maybe... This interlude that I'm about to post is only going to be part of what she tells them, though. The rest of the conversation will come in chapter... OMG I'M GOING TO BE ON TWENTY NEXT! YAY! ^_^

Haha, maybe I should slow down. I'd rather see an update from you than from me. <3

Hehe.

I love this scene where all the girls resting and scattered at all places. Nice job FIM. Really cute.

Wth is that!!  :shock:

Lol, guinea pig. Wanna see what will happen when Konkon equipments can't contain their power :3

Yay, a long convo between Risako, Aika and Maiha  :heart: Will this make Risako recalled all the lost memory and treats Maiha as her long lost Berryz member or will she totally ignore her story?  :dunno: Maybe next time.

Thanks for this new chapter again. An awesome read.  :whistle:

Thanks. If it had happened in real life, I would have wanted to take a picture. :3

XD Maiha the makeshift pack mule. It just sounded funny.

Oh noes, right? >3

You shall have to find out... not today. hahaha

Glad you liked. <3

Yay, I had so much to catch up on. It was nice having so much to read at once. I'm interested in everyone else's powers.

I like it when I'm away for a while and I get to come back and read a lot, too.

Konkon has a X-men style training room?
Judging by her excitement it will be more of a torture room for the poor girls  ;D

The real question is, what does Konkon NOT have down there underground?

Even if they're clones, they cannot fight their rabu-rabu instincts!  :hee:

I figure Konkon looked something like this: :wriggly:

;D

Looks like Aika's jealous that Socko may have a connection to Maiha.  :grr:

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? WHAT'D THEY SEE???? MITAI! MITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!  :frustrated:

Some things transcend the barrier of time... and cloning. XD

Yeah, that's a good emoticon for her. hahah

Looks like you might be right... >D

XDD You'll have to find out next time...

I'm straining my modem for this story and the other
Be grateful!!
Yada yada *does the whole commanding deal*

Okay reading the chapter now, UPDATE FASTER!!
While I try to fix my connection problem...>_>

GO MY SLAVE WRITE FASTER POST FASTER...FIX MY STUPID MODEM CONNECTION!!

-does the whole groveling deal-

-slinks off to post after this-

Miki following Aya to the bathroom? Maybe she's curious to see what her powers are too :D

Finally we get to see the other girls' powers in the next chapter! (Mayuge Beam? ;))

Reminds me of the X-Men's Danger Room. ;D

XDD Yeah, her 'powers'.

hahaha. I forgot all about that.

We'll seeeeeeeeeee...

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2007, 02:10:38 AM »
Interlude V: The Survivor, Ishimura Maiha

I guess in order to tell this story, I have to start at the beginning. All the way back to my sixteenth birthday. That’s when it happened, really… I was walking home from school on that day, and I remember how cold and windy it had been, because I felt like my ears were going to freeze and break off.

I didn’t really think anything out of the ordinary was going to happen. I thought that I was safe because I didn’t have any connection to H!P anymore. And I knew that the soloists that had quit early on in the game were still okay too, so I figured that there wasn’t anything to worry about.

But then I got closer to home, and I could feel that something wasn’t right.

That was before I saw the smoke.

A rational person wouldn’t have gone inside the house… Not even a crazy person would have set foot inside a place that was halfway up in flames.

But I was neither rational nor crazy at this point. I just dropped my bookbag on the ground and ran inside. The door had been been broken down and was lying on our front porch in splinters., so there hadn’t any need to use it.

I’ll never forget what I felt when I set foot in that house. Everything… it’s still perfectly clear to me as it was that day.

There was smoke everywhere, and the taste and smell of it coated my throat and nose, and it burned all the way down into my lungs, forcing me into a coughing fit. I managed to zip my windbreaker closed and I pulled it up over my mouth and nose to make things a little easier, and tried to manuever through the thick grey fog, which was starting to make my eyes water.

I couldn’t see anything, and all I heard was the sound of the flames crackling and roaring around me. It was hard to move, because the heat was so intense, and I couldn’t tell what was burning and what wasn’t.

“Well, well… the kid finally decided to show up.”

I heard this low, sinister voice above all of the noise, and it made me shiver. It’s the kind of thing you only hear in nightmares or something. Another voice followed after the first, and it was even more terrifying.

“I bet she’d like the same kind of welcome home we gave her parents… wouldn’t you agree, Erika-chan?”

I could feel my heart pounding all the way up in my throat as I heard this growling noise somewhere nearby. There was a really big dog or some other kind of animal in my house… I figured the ones that had done this had brought it in. My skin crawled, because I could almost feel it breathing on me.

“Yui wants to play with her first… we might as well let her.”

As if that was some kind of signal, the thing let out a malicious bark and out of nowhere, it jumped on me and pinned me to the floor. Pain shot up through my shoulder as the dog ripped into me with it’s teeth, and I remember screaming and struggling to get out of the way. I needed to be anywhere but underneath that vicious animal before it ripped my throat out.

Somehow I managed to get my leg up under it and I kicked as hard as I could, pushing the thing off of me. By this point, I was just acting on instinct, and I started to run, making my way farther back into the house. Unfortunately, the front had been much more stable than the back, as it wasn’t completely ablaze yet, and I chose the opportune moment to dart right under a falling, flaming beam of wood.

I went down instantly. The beam was much heavier than I was, and it hurt so badly when it came into contact with my back that the shock from the pain I was feeling was enough to take me out. I was very close to passing out at that point. I couldn’t open my eyes, at least, and my thoughts were becoming less and less coherent.

“Damn… The house took her out before we could…”

“You’re the one who wanted to set it on fire, Erika.”

“Both of you shut up. We got the job done… Let’s just leave her here to burn… She’s not the only one that has to die today.”

I think that they left me after that, and even though I was only semi-conscious now, I was starting to panic.

I didn’t want to burn to death.

I didn’t want to die at all.

The smoke was starting to get to me, and I knew that I was fading, because I felt very weak and I was now laying limp against the hot floor. I was hoping that I would black out before I died, and I figured that that time would be soon, because I was starting to hear voices again.

“Hurry, Mako-chan, we need to get this off of her and get out before the house collapses…” The last thing I remember was the weight being lifted, and then I felt myself being picked up off of the floor by someone.

After that, I fainted.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: ::Voices of Angels:: [Interlude V: The Survivor, Ishimura Maiha]
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2007, 02:31:10 AM »
Wow, so the Biyuuden girls were the assigned assassins huh? Gee, they sound so sadistic. Haha. Poor Maiha...well, at least Konkon and Makoto got to her in time. Meh.

Gah, you better not slow down on your updates! I just have to speed up on my own writing...lol. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2007, 06:10:17 AM »
Wow, so the Biyuuden girls were the assigned assassins huh? Gee, they sound so sadistic.
And how Biyuuden being sadistic is wrong...? :p
Ha, don't mind me. It's just that, for some reason, I tend to picture Rika and co. as bad girls...  >:D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 06:12:29 AM by Amarghetta »

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2007, 10:58:33 AM »
Urgh, ganging up only for one person.. What a cowardly act.. Although only Yui attack her .. Stupid trio .. -_-"

Short chapter is short :D Being rescued by Konkon and Makochan is everyone dreams. Good interlude again XD

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Loser87

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »
Waaahh~
That was a good interlude >w<
Poor Maiha but at least Makoto and Konno got there and save her! >w<
Biyuuden are truly evil...Damn their evil evil ways!!
;_; poor poor Maiha though ;_;

Now, go my slave!
Carry me to 7 eleven! I wish to have a slushie!! MUSH!!
AND WHEN WE ARE BACK FROM 7 eleven!
YOU WILL POST A NEW CHAPTER!!!
YAH!!! *cracks my whip and throws some turtles at you*
MUSH MY SLAVE MUSH!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2007, 09:29:08 PM »
Urgh, ganging up only for one person.. What a cowardly act.. Although only Yui attack her .. Stupid trio .. -_-"
Well, they were brainwashed...but yeah, it was a sucky thing to do. What was stupid/amateur-ish was how they left without verifying that she was dead. I guess they must have learned not to make that mistake again (assuming that they know she survived that).

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2007, 08:17:17 AM »
So...So... Is my bet right? Biyuuden were the assasins? :D

Oh Aika is tad jealous... And somehow when I read Risha I thought of Risa instead ^^;

I hope Risa will be fine in Konkon's experiments.. XD Or maybe she can enchance their powers to match those of Biyuuden?

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
Wow, so the Biyuuden girls were the assigned assassins huh? Gee, they sound so sadistic. Haha. Poor Maiha...well, at least Konkon and Makoto got to her in time. Meh.

Gah, you better not slow down on your updates! I just have to speed up on my own writing...lol. XD

Mhm. Thankfully. Too bad Megumi wasn't as fortunate. ;-;

Lol. I'll try to keep it up. For some reason I keep running into blocks lately with this story.

And how Biyuuden being sadistic is wrong...? :p
Ha, don't mind me. It's just that, for some reason, I tend to picture Rika and co. as bad girls...  >:D

I think we all do. It seems to take less effort to characterize them as evil. XD

Short chapter is short :D Being rescued by Konkon and Makochan is everyone dreams. Good interlude again XD

M'glad you liked. This next chapter's a bit short too, though, unfortunately.

Waaahh~
That was a good interlude >w<
Poor Maiha but at least Makoto and Konno got there and save her! >w<
Biyuuden are truly evil...Damn their evil evil ways!!
;_; poor poor Maiha though ;_;

Now, go my slave!
Carry me to 7 eleven! I wish to have a slushie!! MUSH!!
AND WHEN WE ARE BACK FROM 7 eleven!
YOU WILL POST A NEW CHAPTER!!!
YAH!!! *cracks my whip and throws some turtles at you*
MUSH MY SLAVE MUSH!!

Now how will Risako react to her story...? Hm...
(Unfortunately, you won't be finding out in the chapter I'm about to post. XD)

But my legs are tiiiiiiiired... ._.

Well, they were brainwashed...but yeah, it was a sucky thing to do. What was stupid/amateur-ish was how they left without verifying that she was dead. I guess they must have learned not to make that mistake again (assuming that they know she survived that).

They don't know about Maiha. (Fortunately for her, they are under the assumption that they killed her all those years ago.) Konkon's done a good job of keeping the truth about her secret. (Plus, it helps that Maiha isn't involved in any way with any of the 'missions' and stuff that Konkon and Mako help out with. She's basically just sheltered in that underground hole.)

So...So... Is my bet right? Biyuuden were the assasins? :D

Oh Aika is tad jealous... And somehow when I read Risha I thought of Risa instead ^^;

I hope Risa will be fine in Konkon's experiments.. XD Or maybe she can enchance their powers to match those of Biyuuden?

Yesssss...? For certain reasons that I won't reveal for the sake of the story... I can't really give you like a solid yes/no answer, because it's more complex than that.

XD On HPC when they were calling Risa "Risha", I was always thinking Risako. lol

We shall see... >D

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »
Ugh. My power went out yesterday thanks to the stupid storms.
It was NOT fun, considering it's like ten degrees outside.
I've got it back now, but I don't know for how long. I think it's supposed to keep right on storming outside.

;-;

Enjoy.

Chapter Twenty: The “Training” Room, Part II

“Um… no offense, but I think I’m going to go back to the kitchen and hang out in there…”

Risa was trying to turn around right there in order to escape, but Hitomi held her firmly in place. If they were going to do this, they were going to all do this together. And by they, she meant that the small group that had followed Asami to this place. Of course, those who had been asleep had been left alone. The twins seemed to be content with entertaining each other, and Yurina had stayed behind in order to keep an eye on them in order to let poor Maasa keep on sleeping.

“Oh nonsense, all of the tests should be perfectly painless…” The genius stated, pausing for a moment. “Well, I’m pretty sure they should be, anyway…”

Sayumi let out a little involuntary squeak.

“Or, I suppose you could look at it this way… None of this equipment will kill you.”

Reina snorted. “Because that makes me feel so much better.”

Asami was oblivious to her sarcasm, however, being as excited as she was, and her smile merely got bigger. “Oh, well good. I’m glad. Shall we get started, then? Follow me, and be careful not to trip on any of the wires running along the ground.”

In order to understand the clones’ apprehension at this point, the room they were in would have to be described the way that they were seeing it. The walls and ceiling were plated with metal, and there were two lines of bright lights embedded into the latter that illuminated the entire area… which was about as big as the high school football stadiums of the past.

There were huge mechanized… well, things everywhere, some looking dangerous, while others looked just plain weird, and there was no telling what each one’s specific function happened to be.

“See, the smaller lab that you all came in through is just like… an office of sorts. It’s where I do all the little mundane day-to-day kinds of things… but this… it’s like my playroom. All of the fun stuff is down here.”

Asami giggled, and the others were all giving her looks full of varying degrees of disturbance. They were obviously having second thoughts about what ‘the fun stuff’ was going to be. The genius led the clones over to a machine that looked somewhat similar to what a hospital would use for a CT scan, only it had a flat screen attached to the outside of it.

“Alright, so who wants to go first?”

Reina hopped up to sit down on a large metal pipe that was sticking out of a nearby whatever-it-was, ignoring the ‘Oh, please… that’s delicate…’ looks that Asami was sending her way.

“There’s no way you’re getting me into that thing. No. Way. I’m just here to watch.”

“What exactly does it do…?” Hitomi asked, examining the thing curiously from where she stood.

“Well, it’s a scanner of sorts. It can give me indepth information on your genetically altered DNA, which means that I can help to unravel any mystery remaining about your powers and how to utilize them.”

“…I’ll go first, then.”

The boyish leader was instructed to lay down on the metal slab that was sticking out of the machine, and as soon as she was in place, Asami punched in some sequence on a nearby computer that was wired to the thing, and Hitomi was slowly moved inside of the machine.

It was dark in there, but as far as she knew, she was neither claustrophobic nor afraid of the dark, and she patiently waited for whatever was to happen.

Asami started up the machine, and there was this series of clicks and beeps and other voices in the thing’s mechanical orchestra that followed after, which startled the clones who were watching the process with a mixture of apprehension and interest on their faces.

Soon, an image began to appear on the screen attached to the outside of the machine, and the genius left the computer in order to walk over and observe it. The image was of a 3D diagram of a double-helix, and to either side of the image were lines of code and techno-babble that only Asami was really able to decipher. After staring at the information for a little while, the genius’s eyes began to grow wide with something like amazement.

“Oh my…”

“What?” The clones chorused, including Hitomi, whose voice was slightly muffled within the machine.

“It’s just… I’ve never… oh my… Whoever created you… they were much smarter than I am… I wouldn’t have imagined that engineering like this was possible… And to think that she’s been able to contain and control such an ability without even knowing that she’s had it…”

Koharu blinked. “What do you mean…?”

“Her body… there’s so much energy built up inside…”

“Like… she’s going to explode?”

“No… somehow—unconsciously, I suppose—she’s been able to keep it inside…”

“Um, I am still here, you know… even if I’m in this box, you can still talk to me about what’s going on with me.”

“Okay, but if she’s got so much power… isn’t that dangerous?”

“Yes… very much so.”
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:38:39 PM by FeverInducedMadness »

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
Re: ::Voices of Angels:: [Chapter Twenty: The "Training" Room, Part II]
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2007, 11:48:42 PM »
Damn, boom boom Yossie.

Loser87

Re: ::Voices of Angels:: [Chapter Twenty: The "Training" Room, Part II]
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2007, 11:51:49 PM »
*squeel*
Finally you update!! >w<
I've been waiting like forever XDXD
Sucks that your power went out, I know how that feels *pats your head, assuming I'm taller than you >_>*

Anyway, Yossie got some crazy power =O
What happens next, what happens next?!

Update Update my slave! UPDATE! O_O
staring is also a weapon of evil, because it annoys people so
*stares at you* O_O
Update...O_O..Or I'll get someone to infest your home with hissing cockaroaches O_O
Update your other story too O_O
Do it or else O_O

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Polysics - Baby Bias