JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Honto no Jibun

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 663313 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: The Official Rap Thread
« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2007, 06:23:36 PM »
Daigong, you can get the mixtape free on his myspace page =)
here's the link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssm87l

Props Mocha!! If there's one MC out there, Kardi is the one that can bring HiP HoP back. That's what I been stressing. HiP HoP is anything you want it to be, just don't be rapping the same old song.

I'm digging all the freestyling over CLASSIC joints. TOTALLY FRESH. He's battling like this was "Amerikkka's Most wanted" or "It Takes a  a nation of millions to hold us back" daze. Dunno bout Akon rapping tho. 'Graveyard shift' is so-so. and lawl, Remy Ma got arrested. Hope she ain't on 'Not for Sale' album as I heard.

FUCKTASTIC. Went to Ice Cube con last Friday. Homie may be making comedies and family movies, one of FORBES top 10 richest rappers....but when it comes down to a mic and 2 turntables. He's one of the Top 5 MC's of all time. LEGENDARY ACTION:

Pretty tight set. Actual 75 min plus of straight up classics "Wicked" "Check yo'self"  and N.W.A. bits ...some from his new disc like "Go to church" ... WC was also there and thank god there wasn't previews from his new album dropping August 14. He just did some Westside Connection shit like "Bow Down"

opening..."Natural Born Killaz"
[youtube=425,350]ehulstcXRAY[/youtube]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ehulstcXRAY

[youtube=425,350]9pYZbPIQzY0[/youtube]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9pYZbPIQzY0

"Gangsta rap made me do it"
[youtube=425,350]C3wGSbWiZTU[/youtube]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C3wGSbWiZTU

DOPE show. I'm glad I didn't go to the big coliseum show with Snoop, and opted to go to this "intimate" club show. That fuckin means being trapped against sweaty wiggaz, bitches trying to rub against ur dick. fools spilling drinks on ya, getting into fights with security. Overall, Ice Cube STILL delivers.

I think I'm a go peep his cousin's show this Saturday. :pimp:

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2007, 05:31:14 PM »
FINDING FOREVER IS RIPPED!  But yo, i spoiled Be last time i downloaded it, so i'm waiting for FF this time!

Blah, the image isn't showing
but here's Camp Lo - Black Hollywood
http://sharebee.com/380ad573

edit: boo, apparently this isn't the official album for Camp Lo, cuz half the tracks are on the fort green mixtape.  Ah well, still worth a listen.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 05:51:21 PM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #382 on: July 24, 2007, 03:22:09 AM »
^thanks for that. I'm a bit disappointed though, I wasn't really feelin most of the beats. Black Hollywood was the only track I was really feelin. Hopefully I'll like the actual album more as their rhymes aren't bad.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=36Xt-XeWnHM

Not rap, but best video ever~!

Concerning that, I was thinking, maybe the thread should be changed to "The Official Hip-Hop Thread" :P As rap is really only a tiny part of what hip-hop is but gets confused by many that that's all it is.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:18:48 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2007, 07:45:38 AM »
^ so where are we gonna put the B-Boy thread? and the Turntable-izm thread? :P

Finally getting the chance to see real rap acts, so I thought I'd write more organized reviews...so here we have Ice Cube's cousin:

The Place: Starlite Rooma, Edm, AB, CANADA
The Date: Saturday, July 21, 2007
The Time: 12:30 - 2:20 am
The Show: Del Tha Funkee Homosapien with guests

Went to the Del show last Saturday nite. They was fashionably late - car troubles, the computer geeks and skate nerds were up in arms, ready to leave and I was like "Chill, it's a rap show."

[youtube=425,350]9r64-RVw6Vs[/youtube]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9r64-RVw6Vs

Finally Bukue One appeared on the stage around 12:30, Dj Zac Hendrix set up his wheels of steel and the show went off with a BANG! Reggae hits, freestyling. The skateboard B was aight:

An hour later, the crowd was warmed up...in came Del with A-Plus. It was 30 plus outside and barely any AC inside, and I had been chugging Red Rain all nite. Mistadobalina, Mr Bombay, If you must,

[youtube=425,350]SVQ68kEfvEY[/youtube]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SVQ68kEfvEY

His flow was on target, spitting Hieroglyphics classics. Newer joints like Deltron 3030 like "Virus" Towards the end, he did songs from his Gorillaz collabo. And did some sneak peaks at his upcoming 'Eleventh Hour' disc.

[youtube=425,350]N6yGfw_vH3Y[/youtube]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N6yGfw_vH3Y

Glad I didn't miss out. World needs more MC's like Del.

Upgrade your grey matter, because one day it may matter

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »
^ so where are we gonna put the B-Boy thread? and the Turntable-izm thread? :P

There's a b-boy thread? o_O :lol:

Nice, Del tha Funkee Homosapien

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #385 on: August 03, 2007, 01:02:20 AM »
Have you seen this already?

Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams
Some videos with RZA, GZA, Deck, U-God, Meth and Rae.  Talks about Wu-Tang, coming together, Europeans, ODB, Ghostface, and why its called 8 Diagrams.

word.

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
« Reply #386 on: August 07, 2007, 04:10:28 PM »
Have you seen this already?

Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams
Some videos with RZA, GZA, Deck, U-God, Meth and Rae.  Talks about Wu-Tang, coming together, Europeans, ODB, Ghostface, and why its called 8 Diagrams.

Thanks

Designed by Miichan

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #387 on: August 09, 2007, 03:04:22 AM »
So, i bought the MM... FOOD reissue, for the DVD, Sticker, Poster, scratch n sniff sticker, and to Hear the Kookies Remix.  I guess i'm a real fan when you buy something 2ice, since i have the original issue.

I haven't seen the dvd yet, but its an hour of the live MM... Food Drive Tour, performances, and behind the scenes.

Sticker, I liked the sticker that came with the first issue cd better.  Its smaller, like half the size, but you can see your reflection in the lettering instead of the white writing on the first one.

Poster, I like the poster I got with the first one... its not even on a glossy paper. and its like, black and white (with orange).

The scratch n sniff sticker/wrapper smells like Kookies =)  pretty cool.

The cd is the same except for the Kookies re-edit.  I personally like the original Sesame Street Sample.  I think it woulda sounded better if he used the new more.  Like 95% of it is just the bassline, with the same drums from the original Kookies.  He plays the full sample with the higher sounding instruments for like 2 bars in the whole song; 1 bar in the middle, and 1 in the end...  I forgot what sample it is, but its a sick sample.  I don't think its on special herbs, but i've heard it before somewhere else, i think.   Overall though, i feel more icky listening to version on this cd, unlike the original where I felt like I was on a mission to "eat Kookies!"

Well, not counting the DVD yet, i think this re-issue < the original print.  I got the MM... More Food cd with the first one I got, but there was only like 1 song i liked on it.  The CD is still sick though, if you haven't gotten it the first time.  I still think the fans want an Operation Doomsday Re-issue instead.  I know i want it.  I don't wanna pay a ridiculous amount on ebay.

edit:

just watched the dvd.  Quality wasn't dvd quality, but still all good.  They showed him going to different cities with the MM Food Drive Tour.  Did a bunch of songs from Mm Food, Madvillain, and Operation Doomsday.  Him wearing the Mask and Glasses is too funny.  Only thing is it was old material from 2005, because they were talking about how Mm Food just got released.

It was nice to see MF Grimm in the end =)

Anyways, at the end of the dvd, DOOM says he's got new shit!  I think we're all waiting for it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:17:00 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2007, 08:32:53 PM »
I'm not sure if anybody put this up yet about what Fiddy said.

If Kanye West sells more records than me on September 11, I'll no longer [perform] music.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:40:49 PM by A1 »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2007, 08:41:32 AM »
I want Kanye to beat him just so I can stop hearing his songs :lol: But I don't think it's likely as 50 seems way more popular.

Kanye >>> 50 cent though

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #390 on: August 14, 2007, 05:40:04 PM »
Guess what guys..I found a MASSIVE mixtape site!!

www.datpiff.com

It's got some great mixtapes. I bet they're some great Wu-Tang stuff in there as well. Check it out, guys!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #391 on: August 20, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »
sorry to double-post again..but WU-TANG plug!!

I was in a Big Lots yesterday(department store with groceries) and found a bag of chips(forgot the name of it) which had rap stars on the bag, and...
one of the bags had DIRT McGIRT!!!

Wicked, huh?

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #392 on: August 21, 2007, 03:48:42 PM »
^ LoL! That's good stuff.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2007, 02:44:14 AM »

01. Good Morning (Intro)
02. Champion
03. Stronger
04. I Wonder
05. Good Life (Ft. T-Pain)
06. Can't Tell Me Nothing
07. Barry Bonds (Ft. Lil Wayne)
08. Drunk And Hot Girls (Ft. Mos Def)
09. Flashing Lights (Ft. Dwele)
10. Everything I Am
11. The Glory
12. Homecoming (Ft. Chris Martin)
13. Big Brother

Download (Group rip by OSC):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rhyg1z
word.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »
:lol: thanks

love the cover

Kanye is turning Japanese! :lol:

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2007, 08:32:40 AM »
What a coincidence

I'm listening to it now :lol:

Not from the OSC rip:

i-tunes exclusive track

http://rapidshare.com/files/52379543/14_Bittersweet__-_.mp3.html

japan edition exclusive track

http://rapidshare.com/files/52379544/15_Can_t_Tell_Me_Nothing__Remix___-_.mp3.html

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:50:35 AM by RionZ »

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2007, 08:19:10 PM »
Thanks MochaNutz. Only 13 tracks, I'm going to listen to it right after it DL.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #397 on: September 03, 2007, 09:41:28 AM »
After listening to it, It's probably my least favorite of his albums :lol:

Stronger is still an awesome song though

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #398 on: September 03, 2007, 08:15:40 PM »
That track he did with Chris Martin was good too. It felt like the album lack something that his other two ones had.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #399 on: September 05, 2007, 01:30:01 AM »
skits? =P  j/k

Homecoming is actually a remake.  It was on his Freshman Adjustment mixtape a while ago, with a different beat and John Legend instead of Chris Martin.  I like Home better.

its a solid album but my least favorite of the three.  Not feeling Barry Bonds, and although funny I can still skip Drunk and Hot girls.  Never was a fan of Can't Tell Me Nothing either.  Really feeling I Wonder and Flashing Lights tho.
word.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Honto no Jibun