JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Te` - Yoku wa Subete no Kotoba wo Hanasi, Subete no Yaku wo Enji, Muyokusha sura `En`zuru

Author Topic: Harry Potter storylines are gibberish, judge tells Rowling  (Read 2551 times)

Offline nop

• Member+
Re: Harry Potter storylines are gibberish, judge tells Rowling
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »
I am sorry for her that she got a frigging muggle as a judge for her case.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:57:33 PM »
This could explain why her work is so popular with young kids.     :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:53:11 AM »
I actually think it's just as popular among young kids as it is to people in their late teens. And there are lots of adults who enjoy it too.

The judge actually said the names and words would be "gibberish in any other context," and not the actual story line, so it seems he likes the idea of the HP encyclopedia.

Offline Kirigirisu

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • チュlip~
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 01:27:59 AM »
I myself look back fondly on the Harry Potter books but I find J.K.Rowling to be a little self-righteous, she wrote a children's series with a very good storyline, it isn't a masterpiece in children's literature like say Alice in Wonderland.

She'll eventually release one herself anyway, the amount of money she stands to make is too good for her not to.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Te` - Yoku wa Subete no Kotoba wo Hanasi, Subete no Yaku wo Enji, Muyokusha sura `En`zuru