JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rania - Just Go

Author Topic: The Battle Royale Thread (may contain spoilers)  (Read 45231 times)

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
The Battle Royale Thread (may contain spoilers)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
I started to watch it for the 4th time yesterday and this really is one of my favorite movies, it's soo good.

I don't want a american remake, but if they are going to make it. They have to make it good

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 02:12:35 PM »
I :heart: BATTLE ROYLAE!! I haven't seen the movies but I've read the book (translated into English^^) and it was the most deliciously sick, twisted thing I have ever read! I absolutely LOVED it! LOL My favourite character is Kazuo, without a doubt... I was really hoping he'd make it to the end!

Anyway, I heard about the possible American remake, too, and I don't think they should do it, just because it won't come across the same way XD I would love to see the original Japanese movies, though... Anyone know where I can get a copy? :heart:

Also, I know Kou Shibasaki is in it... I :heart: her, too!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:16:20 PM by wakaba_doll »

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 03:50:50 AM »
^ I got mine from SoulSeek. You could probably look it up on there xD

And the people who bought the rights to Battle Royale and are going to remake it, are fans of the series too-- not just some bigwigs who want to capitalize upon the franchise. I remember reading an article somewhere about them not wanting to mess it up, being fans themselves. So I have faith.

When they start auditioning for kids though, I'll be first in line xD

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 06:39:22 AM »
no more remakes please -___-

I see no point in making one...

Offline michael08

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 11:06:49 AM »
this is a cool movie, what a great concept...:) but i don't know that battle royale has a manga thanks for the info man...

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 01:06:23 PM »
Hollywood is at a lack of ideas for new movies, so they're re-making movies like crazy. Lazy asses.... >___>

I neither support nor reject that they'll be re-making Battle Royale, I'd like to see how it turns out first before giving an opinion. I have a small amount of faith, because some of their re-makes (like "The Grudge") turned out surprisingly well for me.

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 05:07:14 PM »
^ Yeah, I honestly really liked the American remake of "Ring".

I don't know how they are going to replace Mitsuko, but I'll wait and see what happens.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 05:30:50 PM »
Quote from: Kyobu
I don't know how they are going to replace Mitsuko, but I'll wait and see what happens.

Honestly? I think they should pick Jessica Alba, because she's apparently bitchy in real life. It's perfect! :lol:

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 05:53:43 PM »
Yeah, I just thought Shibasaki was the perfect Mitsuko.  I can't wait to see how Mitsuko vs. Hirono and the lighthouse scene turn out.

Those scenes were love :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:04:07 PM by Kyobu »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 09:51:50 PM »
If you like the movie, I think you should then read the book. I think the novel was much better than the move. I did read the book before watching the movie, maybe that's why.

Offline Kira-sama

• The Next Okamura-Sensei
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tutoring FTW.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 04:31:01 AM »
I didn't really get the plot when I first watched it, but I kept watching it a bit more and finally figured out they were slaughtering each other to stay alive, like a game =_="

高橋愛  :D
Pinkosa! Arigatou! ;)

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 04:54:22 AM »
Quote from: Diablo
If you like the movie, I think you should then read the book. I think the novel was much better than the move. I did read the book before watching the movie, maybe that's why.

I like both, the novel and the movie, to different degrees. The novel because it fills in a lot of 'gray areas', and because of it's detail. However, I also love the movie because first of all, you get visual aid :lol: And it's just great to watch! Trying to imagine all the killings going on in your head can only go so far, haha.

Quote from: Kira01
I didn't really get the plot when I first watched it, but I kept watching it a bit more and finally figured out they were slaughtering each other to stay alive, like a game =_="

Wow, really???? XD

Offline zaius

• the third man
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »
the Variety article about New Line getting the rights left out a few tidbits of info. yes, New Line is in negotiations to get the remake rights and as far as i know have yet to actually get them signed by Toei. ever since BR hit the screens there have been several parties interested in distribution or remake rights for North America and all fell out of favor because of Toei's very strict guidelines for release or remake. but, after checking all my sources it's still an "in the works" deal so i'm not too concerned right now.

as for the movies themselves, the first BR was amazing. i was fortunate enough to catch in on the big screen in japan and was hooked. i think the thing that really hit me most was that no matter how little screen time a student may have had, their death affects you. part of it is the shock of their gory demise but also that they're simply paying the price of the game and in some cases it was terribly depressing.

i was suprised by a couple of things with BR as well that put a smile on my face just out of nostalgia. such as Masamichi Amano composing the music, who I got hooked on when he did the Giant Robo soundtrack. the other was cutey idol Yuko Miyamura as the BR idol! yay!

i could go on a serious rant about BR but i'll save you all the time. i can't say as much for BR2, but i did find it entertaining and the camo pattern was damn cool thanks to BA-TSU. yay!

Offline Katri~

• AAA fangirl ♥
  • Member+
  • Takahashi Ai fangirl ♥
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 09:33:18 PM »
Battle Royale daaaaisuki <3

It's ne of the greatest movies ever~ I can't name any bad sides about it. ^^ My favorite characters are Kawada, Kiriyama and Mitsuko. (Oh I love Kou Shibasaki!) Even though BR is a very violent movie, I'm not bothered. xDD It's still a pleasure to your eyes... (OMG now I sound like a freak) I like it.

Goto Yukari, hotter than you!Takahashi Ai kicks your ass!

Offline century

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 11:41:37 PM »
Quote from: Kyobu;218722
Yeah, I just thought Shibasaki was the perfect Mitsuko.  I can't wait to see how Mitsuko vs. Hirono and the lighthouse scene turn out.

Those scenes were love :D

I 100% agree.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 07:42:50 AM »
anyone remember Hirono Shimizu? aka Anna Nagata. I think she was in that lighthouse scene. check her out now!

new book: http://shop.wani.co.jp/shop/goods/goods.asp?goods=4-8470-2970-4

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 08:30:32 AM »
actually, hirono was mitsuko's friend whom she killed to get the gun.

anyway...
hott~

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »
Once popularity has faded, bring out to the boobies (or butt)! :lol:

Offline antu

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2006, 08:53:15 PM »
there re 2nd battle royal release, anyway i don't like this kind of story after watched the 1st one..

Offline Nobodylikeher

• ßäêßè Råïñìê
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2006, 02:44:43 PM »
Hey anyone the movie? do send me a message and i can send it to you^^ its by the same actor in death note^^ isnt he cute? =X:ONshy2: :tfr9a7wg:

Mess with the BEST
Die like the REST

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rania - Just Go