JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Zazen Boys - Kimochi

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 572393 times)

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1920 on: November 28, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »
So based on the video Takenaka tweeted looks like Yuky is a guitarist now. I don't know if this news to anyone else or not, but this is news to me . . .

https://twitter.com/723takenaka/status/670504221796470784

Offline thewolf

« Reply #1921 on: November 28, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »

yukkii naomi position
naomi sakotie position
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:59:56 AM by thewolf »

Offline thewolf

« Reply #1922 on: November 28, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »
new label passpo 日本クラウン(Nippon Crown) http://www.crownrecord.co.jp/
debut title Mr.Wednesday
same label with predia
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:37:21 PM by thewolf »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1923 on: November 28, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »
Is that good or bad?

Offline thewolf

« Reply #1924 on: November 28, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »
Is that good or bad?

I don't know too, definite MV will be FULL Version.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1925 on: November 28, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »
Just got back from the shows

The first concert started with Band PASSPO, everyone seemed to have improved a bit, Naomi seemed be as good on the guitar as Sako was, Yukimi didn't seem to play as much as Naomi used to but I think she had a cool stance with the guitar (ofc nothing is really rock like cool considering their costumes). They played Wanted as the first track and that was pretty cool, I think they opened with 4 band tracks and did one more later, the rest was to playback music.
During the encore, the two guitarists were suddenly hit by spotlights, and in turn all of the other members each read a letter where they thanked them for stepping up (yes a lot of crying happened).

The second concert had no band PASSPO it was all playback but somehow I think it was better, they did a time-machine recap of 2010-2014 ending with Tracks, then Aipon talked about Makoccan for a long time (I have no idea what she said) - a the risk of losing some cool-points (if I had any) I kinda teared up during Tracks (and Growing Up) both songs had Aipon singing Makocchan's solo parts.

I probably forgot something important but I'm beat......

Oh yeah Puti-passpo opened with 3 songs before both of the concerts, they are still pretty raw but I think they improved over last time I saw them.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1926 on: November 28, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
I felt like Naomin was struggling with playing lead but Yukkii playing rhythm guitar is a definite step up from "DJ". Part of me hoped that Makocchan would show up to sing her lines and then disappear but I was definitely moved by them doing "Tracks" as well. The Anya x Nachu antics during "Step and Go" were pretty much a lot of dry humping during the evening show.

Puchi PASSPO waving to fans as they left the evening show from the balcony was pretty awesome. There were still quite a few sets of the Pavengers photos when I left the 2nd show.

Apparently, Nagao Mariya from AKB was at the show too. Check her Twitter/Instagram for proof.

Not sure how Nippon Crown compared to Universal but, full MVs and what seems like more freedom to upload different content seems pretty good. Wondering how the whole YouTube RED thing will affect them though.

Wanted to buy the new towel but, to be honest, I thought it was kind of bad compared to the previous one. Would have definitely bought a Hacchake-tai hat though.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1927 on: November 28, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
Apparently, Nagao Mariya from AKB was at the show too. Check her Twitter/Instagram for proof.

I heard she was on-stage in some fashion segment for Kamen Joshi at SSA the other day as well - seems to be getting around the larger idol lives.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1928 on: November 28, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »
Hm, I was hoping for new show announcements for end of the year as well. But seems there wasn't info on that.

As for Yukki playing guitar now - My wish came true. Now Nachu is the only one with no instrumental value in the Band Version.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1929 on: November 28, 2015, 10:17:54 PM »
Not sure how Nippon Crown compared to Universal but, full MVs and what seems like more freedom to upload different content seems pretty good. Wondering how the whole YouTube RED thing will affect them though.

seconded.

Now Nachu is the only one with no instrumental value in the Band Version.

FTFY

I heard about this. cool. I wasn`t aware she is a wota. gained a lot of points in my books. (she had zero before  :P )

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1930 on: November 29, 2015, 02:44:56 AM »
Puchi PASSPO waving to fans as they left the evening show from the balcony was pretty awesome.
Yeah that was pretty cute, I still can't recall their names but after seeing them a few times I have to say I think Yukimi's sister has a very charming personality and the black one is probably going to turn into a really pretty lady someday.

Is Nippon Crown considered a major or indie label, I saw that they were a spin-off of Columbia Records and it seems like they have a couple of popular non idol groups to their name. I guess it doesn't matter that much, to me it didn't seem like Universal was throwing money at them.

Wanted to buy the new towel but, to be honest, I thought it was kind of bad compared to the previous one. Would have definitely bought a Hacchake-tai hat though.
Yeah I passed on that one as well, got the old one with the plane since it wasn't there last time I saw them.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1931 on: November 29, 2015, 03:29:26 AM »
New song will be performed at Tokyo Dome City Hall on 12/20. Girls Pajama Party on 12/25 at Harajuku Astro Hall.

Apparently, they will be able to do more unit songs (not just Hacchake-tai) in the future.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1932 on: November 29, 2015, 03:34:34 AM »
Well here's some info on the new single from the Crown Records website . . .

2016年2月24日 Release!!

Mr.Wednesday
PASSPO☆ シングル発売

Type-A (CD+DVD)
CRCP-10355 ¥1,667+税

1.Mr.Wednesday
2.タイトル未定
3.Mr.Wednesday(instrumentall)
4.タイトル未定(instrumentall)

DVD:Mr.Wednesday(Music Video)

Type-B (CD+DVD)
CRCP-10356 ¥1,667+税

1.Mr.Wednesday
2.タイトル未定
3.Mr.Wednesday(instrumentall)
4.タイトル未定(instrumentall)

DVD:Mr.Wednesday(Making Of Music Video)

Type-C(CD)
CRCP-10357 ¥1,111+税

1. Mr.Wednesday
2. タイトル未定
3. Mr.Wednesday(instrumentall)
4. タイトル未定(instrumentall)

http://www.crownrecord.co.jp/artist/passpo/whats.html

So apparently the differences in releases I noticed so far is stopping the usage of "First Class" "Business Class" "Economy Class" "Low Cost Carrier" to diffentiate the different album versions. Also instead of one of the DVD versions having a dance version of the music video it's now replaced with a making of video (Although, I have no idea why you would want the making of video without getting the actual music video). Finally, a minor thing to note, but Crown Records doesn't know how to spell instrumental. Unless you want to theorize the idea that new PASSPO☆ is band PASSPO☆ and that what they really mean is instrument all (all members instruments). This would also explain why they no longer have a dance shot version music video anymore, because you can't really dance and play instruments at the same time too well. Though that's just some random a** theory I'm throwing in due to their inability to spell instrumental, and in no way am serious about any of it. However, if somehow this ends up being true . . . wow . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1933 on: November 29, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
They don't care that much about spelling or if the English even makes sense - half of the idol songs with English in them makes no sense people that actually understand English, like BiSH song "Is this call" I mean WTF is that supposed to mean!!!

Your band theory is kinda shot down though by the fact that Perfect Sky HAD a dance shot version, I see no indication of them transforming into a band permanently and I really wouldn't want them to.

Overall I'm happy that they chose a making of over the dance shot it's more interesting to watch (for me anyway), but I'm sure some fans are sad that they won't know the choreography to a new song right away but i'm sure they will manage.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1934 on: November 29, 2015, 10:23:51 AM »
Again I wasn't even being serious with the theory, so if it's flawed, that was the point. As for video content, I personally just don't like ones that involve any kind of prolonged talking because I don't understand Japanese and I wouldn't be able to follow what's being said or know what's going on.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1935 on: November 29, 2015, 10:27:53 AM »
I neither care about MV or Dance shot version. They should record a live performance. Making of is at least enjoyable, as you can see the idols act in their natural habitat (lol). But even then it takes a lot of effort to sit through it completely - like the language barrier, that was mentioned as well as it is kind of boring for me. I would rather like them to show, how they prepare for shows and events.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1936 on: November 29, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
You know in retrospect, for the groups whose labels put full music videos on Youtube in HD, it kind of defeats the point of having one or two MVs on a disc. I mean I like watching music videos, but I feel like looking them up on any internet enabled device and watching them is more faster and more convenient than trying to watch them off a disc. But yeah, live performance stuff would be nice and yes there is some joy in watching the making of stuff, but I agree with what wattstax said in regards to that. Like even the Youtube stuff they post sometimes I can't sit through completely because of the language barrier and having no idea what's going on and losing interest since some of them kind of drag on for a while. Granted stuff like Mio singing while everyone is staring at her works because you don't understand what's being said to understand why this is funny.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1937 on: November 29, 2015, 11:19:16 AM »
Well there is a difference between endless talking and a "making of a video", usually they don't involve that much talking.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1938 on: November 29, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
Huh . . . I guess Japanese making of videos are different than most American ones I've seen . . .

Here's a random PASSPO one I found on Youtube. It doesn't even have talking at all.

Here's an American one. It's almost like a documentary.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1939 on: November 29, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
What?

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Zazen Boys - Kimochi