JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - And I Know (Remix Version)

Author Topic: [Dorama] Saba Dol [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)  (Read 57787 times)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
[Dorama] Saba Dol [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)
« on: December 09, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »
Mayuyu will appear in her first drama on Jan 13, 2012...

Pic by sillythings uploaded to imgur

UPDATES:

AKB48 Journal tweet:
Mayuyu will star in a drama at TV Tokyo starting 2012/01/13! And it'll also become manga in Young Magazine

Mayuyu drama mention
http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/nikkan/NIK201112110010.html

Official site updated:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/sabadol/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:03:44 AM by YKT »

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Dorama] TBA (Watanabe Mayu)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »
This is awesome!  I loved Mayuyu in Majisuka (I thought she gave one of the best performances, twitching eyebrows aside :lol:).  I think she'll be great in another drama :)

I'll be most interested to see what type of character she gets.  I kinda want her to play a bit of a bad girl :D

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 06:12:50 PM »
twitching eyebrows aside

:lol: I actually preferred Mayu's acting in Sakura Kara no Tegami AKB48 Sorezore no Sotsugyou Monogatari. Much more emotional. The eyebrow acting was a bit too much at one point, it became humorous rather than making Nezumi the ultimate bad-ass.

Either way, I'm excited and will definitely check this out  :thumbup

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/12/akb48s-watanabe-mayu-to-star-in-her-own-drama/

... At this time, details like the title, content, and Watanabe’s co-stars are being kept under wraps; however, the setting is said to take place at a school...
OK. That's like solid confirmation she's acting Asuka Langley in a TV-drama version of Neon Genesis Evangelion!! :panic:    Totally joking. :P

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »
's report just in...

Watanabe Mayu to star in TV Tokyo drama series

AKB48 member Watanabe Mayu is reportedly starring in a drama series next season on TV Tokyo. This will be her first time with a solo starring role in a drama.

Details about the show’s story and Watanabe’s supporting cast are being kept secret for now, but it is said that the series has a school setting. The series is scheduled to start on January 13.

It was also announced that a manga version of the story will run in Kodansha’s Young Magazine, starting with next year’s issue #7 that goes on sale on January 16.

Source:
Nikkan Sports

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/watanabe-mayu-to-star-in-tv-tokyo-drama-series/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:46:50 PM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
Thirding the  :lol: at the waggling Mayubrows.

Wait, so she'll be doing this, the anime, and still drawing her manga, and whatever photoshoots and AKB48 promotions?  :panic: Busy girl is busy!(And still 4 months to G+  :cry:)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Re: [Dorama] Saba Doru [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 05:49:21 AM »
News not about the dorama itself but rather a "manga inspired by a January live-action show starring AKB48 idol group member Mayu Watanabe ("Mayuyu")."

Young Magazine Launches 6 New Manga in 7 Weeks
posted on 2012-01-02 13:00 EST

Manga from TV show with AKB48's Mayuyu, Kogyoaika Volleyboys' Murata, others

Kodansha's Young Magazine is launching six new manga series between last week and February 6. In this year's combined 4th/5th issue which actually shipped on December 26, Kogyoaika Volleyboys creator Hiroyuki Murata started Dr. Saotome. The title character of this human drama is an overbearing doctor with the looks of a yakuza gnag member, and he works at a hospital full of other unconventional staffers. Murata's Kogyoaika Volleyboys high school comedy inspired a sequel manga, a video anime project, and several live-action projects. Katsumi Tatsuzawa (Furondo) will then launch Poncho, a manga about a mysterious boy playing high school baseball, in the next issue on January 7.

This year's seventh issue will have two new series: the previously revealed GTO spinoff manga Inohead Gargoyle by GTO creator Tohru Fujisawa, and a manga inspired by a January live-action show starring AKB48 idol group member Mayu Watanabe ("Mayuyu"). The title and other details of the latter manga have not been announced, but AKB48 creator Yasushi Akimoto created and planned this manga that Akihiro Nakamura is drawing. Watanabe inspired other manga in the past.

Daisuke Watanabe is launching a suspense action manga called Hanjū (Demibeast) in the ninth issue on January 30. Finally, Shōhei Sasaki will start the second "season" of Kakumei Senshi Inudō Sadao (Revolutionary Warrior Sadao Inudō) in the 10th issue on February 6.

Source: Comic Natalie
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-02/young-magazine-launches-6-new-manga-in-7-weeks

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »

渡辺麻友主演ドラマ"さばドル"詳細『AKB48渡辺麻友の正体は、ヤンキー校無謀工業高校の古文教師宇佐しじみ38歳であり、年齢を21歳"さば読んで"アイドル活動をしている。教師としてもアイドルとしても成功を掴もうというしじみの二重生活をコミカルに描くコメディドラマ』
Details on Watanabe Mayu's drama "Saba Dol" 『AKB48's Watanabe Mayu is actually the Classical Literature teacher of Yankii school Mubou Kougyou (Reckless Industry) High School Usa Shijimi (38 years old), who acts 21 years younger as an idol. This will be a comedy drama that comedically draws out the double life of Shijimi trying to find success both as a teacher and as an idol.』

Note: the drama title "Saba Dol" comes from さばを読む (saba wo yomu), meaning to change figures (in this case, age) for personal benefit; and アイドル (aidoru); becoming さばドル when put together.

News article:
http://mantan-web.jp/2012/01/04/20111230dog00m200027000c.html

Looks like Warota7 will be making an appearance too, from the article's pictures.

WTF?! :panic: :lol:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 04:50:51 AM »
Here's a good writeup by tokyograph

"Watanabe Mayu to play 38-year-old teacher in her drama series “Saba Doru”
Posted on January 3, 2012 by tokyograph

Image from: Mantan Web

Some plot details have finally been released regarding the drama series “Saba Doru,” starring AKB48 member Watanabe Mayu. The series was announced last month but was initially surrounded by secrecy. It turns out that Watanabe will be playing a dual role, one as herself and one as a 38-year-old teacher.

The story revolves around the 38-year-old Usa Shijimi (Watanabe), who is a high school classical literature teacher. Her students are mean to her, but they don’t realize that she has another identity. Outside school, she lies about her age to be active as the super popular 17-year-old idol Watanabe Mayu, whom the students adore.

The title is a combination of the phrase “nenrei no saba wo yomu” (to lie about one’s age) and the word “aidoru” (idol).

Watanabe commented on the role, “How to act as the 38-year-old Shijimi is especially difficult, but I want to give it my best.” She continued, “The show is a heartful comedy, so I hope I can provide energy to those who watch it.”

Ando Tamae, Sakata Tadashi, Kaminaga Keisuke, and Takahashi Hitomi are among the supporting cast. The planning and original work are being handled by AKB48 producer Akimoto Yasushi.

It was already announced that Watanabe’s solo debut single “Synchro Tokimeki” (being released February 29) will be the drama’s theme song, and that the drama will have a manga version debuting in Kodansha’s Young Magazine on January 16.

“Saba Doru” will air on Friday nights at 12:53am on TV Tokyo, beginning January 13. A total of 12 episodes are planned.

Source:
Mantan Web"

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/watanabe-mayu-to-play-38-year-old-teacher-in-her-drama-series-saba-doru/

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 01:14:22 AM »

Preview

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline mr.diend

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
is it only mayuyu starring this drama?does the others akb members starring this drama too?
Mayu Watanabe Fans

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 12:50:27 PM »
is it only mayuyu starring this drama?does the others akb members starring this drama too?

Hi and welcome to :jphip:

Ichikawa Miori and members of Watarirouka Hashiritai may appear.

Ando Tamae, Sakata Tadashi, Kaminaga Keisuke, and Takahashi Hitomi are among the supporting cast.

Some photos I took of Japan TV Guide regarding her new dorama...click to enlarge:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:39:51 AM by YKT »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 04:02:20 AM »
Excerpt from the earlier report by tokyograph

It was already announced that Watanabe’s solo debut single “Synchro Tokimeki” (being released February 29) will be the drama’s theme song, and that the drama will have a manga version debuting in Kodansha’s Young Magazine on January 16.

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/watanabe-mayu-to-play-38-year-old-teacher-in-her-drama-series-saba-doru/

Manga version preview

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »
Mayuyu as a 38 year old woman

Mayuyu the 17 year old popular idol

Offline Rarafragalicious

• Member+
  • Wotaku Life
[Dorama] Saba Doru [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »
Uhhhhh Mayuyu's drama thing

Mod edit: please post all scans, vids etc relating to [Dorama] Saba Doru [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu) here.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:57:24 AM by YKT »
It's pronounced ra-ra-frag-a-licious

Offline boffyee

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 04:59:35 AM »
I think it's interesting to hopefully put the first episode as fast as possible

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - And I Know (Remix Version)