JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Possible - Shushoku = Gohan no Uta

Author Topic: "Proposal Daisakusen" Discussion Thread (containt spoilers)  (Read 12045 times)

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
プロポーズ大作戦
Operation Love

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6434/operationlovedd8.jpg

MAIN CAST :

# Yamashita Tomohisa as Iwase Ken
# Nagasawa Masami as Yoshida Rei
# Fujiki Naohito as Tada Tetsuya
# Eikura Nana as Oku Eri
# Hiraoka Yuuta as Enokido Mikio
# Hamada Gaku as Tsurumi Hisashi

credit goes to dramawiki

I was bored and my favorite drama of spring has no thread.

Why do i love this drama ? Because it shows something that i would love to do, return to the past to change something.
My favorite character ? Nana Eikura as Oku Eri, "Isn't She Looovely" ?
Why do i start to watch this drama ? Because of Yamapi "ob course", and after because of the story.
Which episode(s) have you watched ? Episode 1~5
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama ? Ep.4, at the end, when the graduate Eri and Rei from the baseball club. Ep.5, at the end too, when YamaP kisses Rei.

That's it. If you please answer those questions too (or add some)  ;D

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: "Proposal Daisakusen" Discussion Thread (containt spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
I'll take a shot. :oops:

Why do i love this drama ? I like one of the morales of the story so far. That you can't change the past just by doing one little thing you might think was important. You need to build up these good points throughout your life, and what may seem unimportant to you may be stowed away in someone else's heart forever.
My favorite character ? Nana Eikura too. For a "cute" character, Eri suprisingly starts up a lot of the funny moments. I think I'll actually miss this character when the series ends.  :oops:
Why did i start to watch this drama ? Mainly because of Nagasawa Masami. And the comedy/teen-romance story.
Which episode(s) have you watched ? Episode 1~6
What's your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama ? Baseball club graduation was also my favourite. I really thought this change would've been enough to switch, too bad Ken!  :P

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »
oh great he kisses Rei on ep.5?

Thanks T!
-____-

I usually don't mind some spoilers but a little warning when you're going to post some would be nice...

YamaP needs to stick to goofy roles like this. No more of that Kurosagi crap. Nana and Masami are really cute in this, but in different ways. Sometimes I want to smack YamaP in the back of the head for being a jackass.

Offline AzN_DreaMerS

• Clone of ""
  • ecchi
  • Clone
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:46:43 PM »
hmmm the thread's name says "containt spoilers", so i think we were warned  :P

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »
Why do i love this drama ? I would like to change the past too ...
My favorite character ? Nana Eikura of course ! She is just soooo cute  :heart:
Why do i start to watch this drama ? Because of YamaPi & Nana . +the plot seemed quite interesting
Which episode(s) have you watched ? Episodes 1~7
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama ? The baseball graduation (ep4) , Spoiler :When YamaPi fails to go back in time XD
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:29:19 PM by Lunar »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 03:44:05 AM »
the part with Rei's grandpa was pretty touching and sad

Offline Nicklancer

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 04:53:26 PM »
Why do i love this drama ? Interesting storyline. The idea of going back in time always interests me. Lessons learnt in the story are quite good too. Always waiting for chances to come then only act is not always good.
My favorite character ? Hiraoka Yuuta as Enokido Mikio. Somehow, he's cool. He is like the middle man and has a sexy girlfriend. Hehe.
Why do i start to watch this drama ? Yamapi and the ratings were decent.
Which episode(s) have you watched ? Episode 1~8
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama ? When Ken-zou was about to give up, and everyone feels different without him around. Ep 8.
My least favorite character ? Iwase Ken. Because he was always too slow in confessing. Su.. Su.. Su.. Su...
The character that I both like and dislike? Tada-sensei. I like him because he is a good guy but I dislike him because he stand in the way between Ken and Rei.
KonKon and Rii Fan.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:31:02 AM »
Ep. 9 was pretty good.

I'm shooting for Ken, but he's an idiot :lol: (much like me...)

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 03:27:53 AM »
Holy shit, I *just* watched the last episode. WTF!?

Brief summary (events may not be in exact order), even though it seems pretty long:
[bgcolor=#131313]Ken takes Rei to their elementary school and reminiscence. They don't make it back in time for the photo that Ken had to take to go back. Meanwhile, Eri sees the ring on the "Don't Knock New York" sign and takes it. She goes to the party place and gives Rei the ring. We see Rei reading something on the ring, and in a nearby room Ken takes a picture of himself to go back to the future (rather than trying to change the past, he decides to change the future).

When Ken gets back to the future, he's not in front of the slideshow anymore, but that the place in episode 1 where he was smoking with Mikio. The fairy appears and tells him that he created a chance for Ken to have his showdown in the future. It turns out that the chance is the speech Ken had to make during the wedding. Ken uses this chance to confess, and then leave. Everyone else watches the slideshow, and then Rei realizes that Ken has been the one all by her side all along; that she was the one who gave up. She cries.

The slideshow ends and Tada-san takes Rei to the next room after the reception ends. He says that the face Rei is making is like the one she made when she turned 20. Tada-san and Rei has a bet: Tada-san has a cufflink in one hand. if Rei choose the hand with the cufflink, she has to go and solve her problem. Rei does pick the cufflink, but we later find out that Tada-san had one in each hand. She goes and chases after Ken, who is already on a taxi and driving away. She yells "Kenzou!" but he doesn't hear.

Rei goes back to the church and somewhere around here it's shown that "REI x KENZO" was carved on the ring. The Fairy appears. He knows that Rei wants to change the past, but tells her of a story of a man who tried to change the past, but in the end wants to change the future instead. He tells Rei to go chase after Ken. Ending credits + "Ashita Hareru Kana" played here.

It seems that the taxi Ken was on ran out of gas. Behind Ken, someone is yelling "Kenzou". He turns around, smiles, and the screen whites out.
[/bgcolor]

Whew, that was long. Honestly, I don't know what to think of this ending. I kind of liked it. The people at D-Addicts seem to be all "WTF" over it though  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:38:24 AM by TydusArandor »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 04:16:01 AM »
^
[bgcolor=#131313]Well, seems liek there will be a sequel/movie written all over it.  :) I do feel bad for tada-san though.[/bgcolor]

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 04:33:15 AM »
Why do i love this drama ? 'because it's all about love and being in love and I'm a hopeless romantic. :roll: :P
My favorite character ? Tsuru!! ^o^ Coz despite his being so NOT Eri's type, he perservered and never stopped loving her even once!
Why do i start to watch this drama ? :heart: P~!!! :heart:
Which episode(s) have you watched ? *ended*
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama ? P's second button~!! ^o^

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 05:35:13 AM »
Sorry for the double posting but this is something which I've been bugged about for some time now and I figured that since I was ranting over LJ, might as well ask here too for the sake of asking. :P

My question is : Why do people all refer to 'Propose Daisakusen' as 'Proposal Daisakusen'? If I read the title of the dorama, it says 'プロポーズ大作戦/ Puropoozu Daisakusen'. So I really don't get as to where 'proposal' came from coz if was supposed to be 'proposal', wouldn't the katakana be different (i.e. プロポーザル)?

I once touched on the issue with a friend and she said maybe if read in English, 'proposal' makes better grammatical sense. But if we were looking at English grammar, we would not be mashing an English word into a Japanese phrase in the first place no? If we wanted grammatical correctness, shouldn't we be using the official English title to the dorama, i.e. 'Operation Love'?

Anyway, it's not an issue on grammar that I'm stuck over. I'm just really puzzling over why non-Japanese fans (even those schooled in the Japanese language) are all referring to the title of the dorama as 'proposal' when to me, the line of katakana reads 'propose'. o.O

(Unless I'm just wrong in my reading coz my katakana reading sucks BIG TIME!! XDDD )

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 06:21:44 AM »
you're right about the katakana reading. I wondered the same thing. I remember searching for the torrent on d-addicts the first time and couldn't find it because I typed "propose".

But I think it's because the japanese equivalent to wedding proposal is "プロポーズ". It probably would have been better to leave the title as romanized kana to avoid confusion.

Offline akanishi aya

• 赤西仁のファーん
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 05:03:21 AM »
Another favorite...

Why do i love this drama? Because I've always entertained ideas of time travel. It's interesting to me.
My favorite character? Ken, Yamapi.
Why do i start to watch this drama ? I just watched it because I had nothing to do, I didn't even know what the story was about! xP I wanted to see if Yamapi was a boring actor (I kind of didn't like him...). But when I saw the first ep, I realized that Yamapi wasn't that annoying of a guy, he's a great actor, and the storyline hooked me!
Which episode(s) have you watched ? All
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama? When he finds "Bass", the baseball graduation, his kiss with Rei, his confession in the end.

Anyway... about the 「プロポーズ」 thing... in Japanese they use Puropoozu to mean "wedding proposal." Therefore, Proposal Daisakusen. Puropoozaru is like... I guess you can say... any other type of proposal? xD
赤い糸で縛って・・・

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »
Why do i love this drama ? Because the idea of being able to return to the past in order to change the present is a very interesting thought, everyone all thinks of something in the past that they may had regret doing and wishes to change thing.
My favorite character ? not anyone in particular but everyone's great in it. 
Why do i start to watch this drama ? Because of Nagasawa Masami and also the storyline is pretty interesting.
Which episode(s) have you watched ? Episode 1~11 complete
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama ? the baseball graduation and the new year where he got the DKNY (Don't Knock New York) bag.

i want to ask a question, what was that fortune telling game that they played in ep 3? the compatibility game with the name or something?

Offline frozenthrone

• ecchi
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 08:47:41 AM »
Why do i love this drama? cliff hangers after each episode
My favorite character? Rei.
Why do i start to watch this drama ? I just watched it because I had nothing to do.
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama? the cliff hangers at the end of each episode.

Offline penagih_dadih

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »
Why do i love this drama? a boy [kenzo] that trying so hard to get back her love by going back to his past
My favorite character? Kenzo
Why do i start to watch this drama ? Because i love Yamapi's series [i'm not a gay ,k] :P
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama? halleluyah chance!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »
Why do i love this drama ? i wanna change my past too.. lol. coz the storyline is cool, and its funny.
My favorite character ? Ken
Why do i start to watch this drama ? Yayy! It's Nana Eikura xDD
What your favorite(s) part(s) of the drama ? i agree with penagih_dadih, "HARERUYAAA CHANSUUU !!" *pose*

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Possible - Shushoku = Gohan no Uta