JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Miss Korea

Author Topic: The SNSD General Discussion Thread  (Read 1819415 times)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Re: The SNSD General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6500 on: January 01, 2013, 09:01:40 PM »
MAybe it's because I'm still a little drunk but I like it. It's like one of those old progressive rock opera songs or something with the dramatic switches. And the song like, changes point of view all the time to different people, first to third person kind of fitting a narrative. It's definitely different but kind of a neat idea although a couple parts defiantly made me wtf. :lol: Plus Tiffany and Jessica look pretty amazing in the video hnnnnnnfff! Dance is awesome too.

First Live

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6501 on: January 01, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »
Well...that song was all over the place hah. I tried liking it, but nope just ain't happening.
As for the rest of the songs on the album, I like em except for one or two songs.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #6502 on: January 02, 2013, 12:31:32 AM »
Is this the Kpop version of From Dusk Till Dawn?
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #6503 on: January 02, 2013, 12:43:24 AM »
That feeling when you listen to this song and halfway through you start appreciating Flower Power.

Check please.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline meneervankodoq

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kuwagata Shikshin
« Reply #6504 on: January 02, 2013, 02:28:34 AM »
The song is kinda like a few songs mashed together thru a collision course. I LOVE IT. XD

In a way it kinda reminds me of Momusu's "Souda! We're Alive" in terms of the sudden change of tune, rhythm, and whatnot. And as a guy who likes some progressive rock songs, the bpm switch just makes it for me. The choreography? I dig it much. Ever since I saw them in Idol Dance Battle, I've been wishing all the time that they rock this kind of choreography: Wish fulfilled! The costume goes pretty well with the song and even though initially I didn't like Sunny's pink hair, surprisingly it fits the song's concept. All in all, an awesome first day of the year release! :twothumbs

Offline erduatiga

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6505 on: January 02, 2013, 04:07:37 AM »
[TORRENTS] 130101 MBC SNSD Romantic Fantasy (Full Show)

.avi 720p
Semifly (2.42 GB)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C02787E7769807C8C69AFAC08AB7C4E98F1B1790

.ts 1080p
Moonlight (8.67 GB)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:664C6B9C666EF6D49576498BF75035624C0A9D76

.tp 1080p
BJRambo (8.7 GB)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:XKZZ2KFHN3NFTIYGDM6OLBNHCU3GJQFK

? (8.86 GB)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6102346673DAC8887D38F3276E4A9C2857BC2BD8

Offline trooper

• Member+
« Reply #6506 on: January 02, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »
One word for the IGAB arrangement-- MESSY.

I do applaud Soshi(or SME) for trying new style for every comeback/album/single since Hoot (and RDR). they could just stay in their comfort zone and release the tried-n-tested cute/upbeat song that they did with Gee & Oh!. but I really don't like rap, one of the reason I love Soshi is they never have (long) rap in their song before "The Boys". I guess they still trying to please the US market...

Still, I haven't listen to the whole album, waiting until I get the CD, hopefully they are better stuff in the album, like they always do.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #6507 on: January 03, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
The song is kinda like a few songs mashed together thru a collision course. I LOVE IT. XD

In a way it kinda reminds me of Momusu's "Souda! We're Alive" in terms of the sudden change of tune, rhythm, and whatnot. And as a guy who likes some progressive rock songs, the bpm switch just makes it for me. The choreography? I dig it much. Ever since I saw them in Idol Dance Battle, I've been wishing all the time that they rock this kind of choreography: Wish fulfilled! The costume goes pretty well with the song and even though initially I didn't like Sunny's pink hair, surprisingly it fits the song's concept. All in all, an awesome first day of the year release! :twothumbs

I hadn't really thought of Souda but that's not a bad comparison. Actually one of my top 5 MM singles. 8)

I think if you cut out the rap intro IGAB is a more normal song. I like the whole theatrical feel and the climax part at the end is pretty epic, especially with the dance. Kinda gives me chills a bit. :D

This is the part I'm talking about:

Offline dynamicpunch

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6508 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:35 AM »

the song sounds like a mash-up, but the chorus really give us the beat to dance along with their wiggly-wiggly butt..  I notice that seems like they used Tiffany's butt a lot in this new MV..  :grin: :rofl:

the only thing i dont like is the Sunny's hairstyle... it makes her look like a... CLOWN.. damn....

Offline kenchah123

• ecchi
« Reply #6509 on: January 05, 2013, 08:19:46 AM »

Love the skirts and abs

Offline martymcfly

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • oh jeez
« Reply #6510 on: January 05, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »
I like the new song(IGAB) because it is different than most k-pop. Watching music core today, I realized how boring the other performers are. They all followed the typical formula of catchy dance, catchy chrous, etc. Some of this still exists in igab, but overall the song different and takes time to like. The choreography is really difficult and I'm sure other groups would fail trying to learn it. SNSD is awesome!

And those outfits today...wow!

Offline isprakinginhayt

• ecchi
« Reply #6511 on: January 05, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
IGAB is actually good. It's very unique and SNSD pulls of a great performance of this song. If you keep listening, it will eventually grow on you. It only took me three replays of their MV for me to like it. Specially when Taeyeon is so gorgeous at that MV.  :inlove:

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #6512 on: January 05, 2013, 04:18:45 PM »
Oh no, I love this song now. On first listen, I was a little...confused. I didn't dislike it, but it felt a little disjointed, and I wasn't sure what was going on. I liked the separate songs, but as a whole it just kinda confused me. It did get stuck in my head, though, and I kept playing it...didn't take more than the first day for me to know I liked it :lol:.

Now, the more I listen to it, I pretty much love it :P. It's trippy. It's original. The visuals in the MV accompany it perfectly--they're just as wacky and ridiculous as the concept of this deliciously disjointed song. I can sit here and cry about how they're all rapping and it "doesn't fit them", but that's old news already. Hip-Hop, at this point, is a pretty big part of pop music, so I guess it's to be expected. And don't even get me started about how they completely OWN the stage. Granted, there are a handful of groups that can also do this, but there are more than enough groups that don't :lol:. For as many members as they have, it's really nice to see them work flawlessly together and put on a show.

So, yeah. This is my jam. I ain't mad.
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline RubyDL

• ecchi
« Reply #6513 on: January 06, 2013, 03:01:47 AM »
Everytime I hear "Let’s bring it back to 140" I get this excited feeling.

Offline shah46

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6514 on: January 06, 2013, 06:24:19 AM »
Everytime I hear "Let’s bring it back to 140" I get this excited feeling.
do you know the meaning? why 140?

Offline Jarhead235

• ecchi
« Reply #6515 on: January 06, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »
She is saying to take the tempo back to 140 beats per minute.

Offline skynet0419

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6516 on: January 06, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
Oh no, I love this song now. On first listen, I was a little...confused. I didn't dislike it, but it felt a little disjointed, and I wasn't sure what was going on. I liked the separate songs, but as a whole it just kinda confused me. It did get stuck in my head, though, and I kept playing it...didn't take more than the first day for me to know I liked it :lol:.

Now, the more I listen to it, I pretty much love it :P. It's trippy. It's original. The visuals in the MV accompany it perfectly--they're just as wacky and ridiculous as the concept of this deliciously disjointed song. I can sit here and cry about how they're all rapping and it "doesn't fit them", but that's old news already. Hip-Hop, at this point, is a pretty big part of pop music, so I guess it's to be expected. And don't even get me started about how they completely OWN the stage. Granted, there are a handful of groups that can also do this, but there are more than enough groups that don't :lol:. For as many members as they have, it's really nice to see them work flawlessly together and put on a show.

So, yeah. This is my jam. I ain't mad.

I had a similar experience.  At first, I was like "hmmm ok this is different".  Then after a few listens and watching it with subs, it grew on me and now I love the song :D

The whole CD is full of great songs.  I'll have it on repeat for a while  :twothumbs

Offline bergmanin

• Member+
« Reply #6517 on: January 06, 2013, 09:56:38 AM »
do you know the meaning? why 140?
They've been changing styles, but when Jessica says "let's bring it down to 1:40" they go back to that concrete minute and second of the song and they repeat that passage, it's the "I got a boy...". It's 1:40 of the song, not the video with the intro.

Offline dronzX

• ecchi
« Reply #6518 on: January 08, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
IGAB is the bomb really. I think that it gives them the best live stages up to date. That hip-hop inside each member is finally uncovered!!

Offline sykophantom

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6519 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »
i LOVE these. Especially the last one :D

click to open

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Miss Korea