JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - I Know

Author Topic: Baseball Generation(with f(x) in dugout too)  (Read 5776 times)

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Baseball Generation(with f(x) in dugout too)
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:20:21 AM »
Remember the Morning Musume football roster?

I based the batting order off the girls' roles within SNSD.
You want your first and second batters to be not people that get home runs all the time but rather people that are guaranteed to get on base no matter who the pitcher is. Jessica holds down the fort with the main lines in songs as a lead vocal. Sooyoung is who you send to the variety shows if you want to guarantee a great appearance and she charms every host she comes across. Your third and fourth batters are your pinch/cleanup hitters, so obviously we gotta put our group faces in there. Your fifth batter should be strong and steady to account for either your pinch hitters clearing the base or not, and then it's a mini-repeat of the cycle with reliable batters(Sunny, Seo) leading up to your secret weapons.(Hyo, Yuri)

I mostly based the fielding positions off of my perception of the girls' athletic abilities, with a little bit of regard to their roles within SNSD.
You want to put your athletic strong-arm member as shortstop, because that's where most of your grounders and line drives are heading if the batter is any good. You want your long-limbed tall members at first and second base to catch any wild throws, but that isn't as important for third base. Your outfield needs to have people who can run fast to cover all of that distance, especially in the upper leagues where every hit is either in the outfield or nothing. Like with the shortstop, the good batters will hit towards the left side, so you want to concentrate your best runners in left and center field. The pitcher has to be able to sing the solo lines throw in the strike zone consistently but still hitting the high notes/belting the adlibs throwing the trick pitches perfectly to seal the strikeouts. And the catcher has to have a mind of strategy to tell the pitcher what to throw, as well as the versatility to catch anything, to whip it to second base if necessary to catch the steals, and to find any foul pop-ups.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Re: Baseball Generation(with f(x) in dugout too)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:34:53 AM »
Cool! But Taeyeon batting cleanup!? And Yuri and Hyoyeon at the bottom of the order? What are you Tony La Russa? :lol:

Sorry if this is sloppy I had it all done and my browser crashed so I lost what I typed up before. I would probably pencil in the lineup something like:

1. Sunny (2b)- Scrappy, athletic, persistence could give pitchers fits with foul balls and reaching base
2. Taeyeon (c)- Makes contact, gives it her all, although usually with fruitless results, should get some balls to hit in the 2 hole with the trio behind making her more effective, oft injured
3. Yuri (ss/rp)- Good all around, high OPS, zones out sometimes, unorthodox submarine delivery is ideal for middle relief and tight situations
4. Hyoyeon (3b/p)- Cleanup hitter, top slugger, can get into a groove and carry a lineup, mans the hot corner, closer (just seems like she would fit as closer to me)
5. Yoona (p/3b)- Consistent, student of the game but a master of nothing, wildly effective pitcher
6. Tiffany (cf)- Girly, but has surprising natural athleticism
7. Sooyoung (rf)- Power hitter, strikes out a lot but connects from time to time, gives good locker room pep talks and keeps everyone in order
8. Seohyun (1b)- Ever improving prospect, still somewhat clumsy growing into her frame
9. Jessica (lf)- Baseball? pffft, will make opponents bow for mercy

Maybe I'm too literal with my reasoning rather than basing it on the roles. :/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:41:51 AM by zoolander »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:46:05 AM »
Yeah, I based batting order off of their roles within SNSD as well as a few nods to their popularity power rather than their physical ability. But your batting order based on their personalities does make a lot of sense to me!

I did however base their defensive position on physical ability. You want tall members in the infield so that they can catch wild throws without leaving the base, so I'm not so sure about your choices for Sunny and Hyo for 2b and 3b. Otherwise, everything else I could see working.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 03:35:33 AM »
Late reply. I remembered watching the All Star game just now.

I always liked someone with good reaction time and a strong arm on 3rd. They won't be getting a ton of forces like 1st base so height isn't as important as athleticism. They are gonna be gobbling up lots of hard hit pulls from all the right handed batters.

2nd base I like someone with good range and who can stand in and make the quick turn on double plays with runners in their face. Sunny seems to be fearless (fireworks being the exception).

Man such deep analysis on SNSD baseball.  :ph43r: :lol:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 04:36:39 AM »
2. Taeyeon (c)- Makes contact, gives it her all, although usually with fruitless results

Fruitless results  :rofl:

I wonder how I missed this thread. Anyway, after some thought I would chalk up my lineup as this

1. Sooyoung (RF) because after seeing the evidence, I was sold on the Ichiro role.
http://picroda.jphip.com/snsd/jphip01628.jpg
http://picroda.jphip.com/snsd/jphip01627.jpg
(Big Pictures are Big)

2. Yoona (2B) based on the same thought both Rayle & Zoo thought. There is value in knowing what you are gonna get every night. And they don't call her Him Yoona just because she needs a nickname.

3. Sunny (1B) because I see her as an Albert Pujols type of player. Her height will shrink the strike zone and she has great upper-body strength if you get what I'm sayin.

4. Taeyeon (3B). She would do well anywhere in the lineup but because she is injury prone, she does best when she has people on base.

5. Hyoyeon (SS). I like her athletic ability and she isn't afraid to take the ball whenever it comes to her.

6. Jessica (P) on the mound? She will win the battle against the batter before she even throws from her stare. Also:
http://picroda.jphip.com/snsd/jphip01975.jpg

7. Tiffany (CF). As Zoo stated, hidden athletic ability and has that Ken Griffey Jr. type of enthusiasm to the game.

8. Yuri (LF). She is long, can make up ground and she has quick reactions and knows what to do in clutch situations.

9. Seohyun (C) because she always knows what pitch Sica needs to deliver.

I based this lineup on... random things. The more I think about this, the more ridiculous my reasoning is  :lol:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline pooltides

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:59:43 AM »
2. Taeyeon (c)- Makes contact, gives it her all, although usually with fruitless results

Fruitless results  :rofl:

I wonder how I missed this thread. Anyway, after some thought I would chalk up my lineup as this

1. Sooyoung (RF) because after seeing the evidence, I was sold on the Ichiro role.
http://picroda.jphip.com/snsd/jphip01628.jpg
http://picroda.jphip.com/snsd/jphip01627.jpg
(Big Pictures are Big)

2. Yoona (2B) based on the same thought both Rayle & Zoo thought. There is value in knowing what you are gonna get every night. And they don't call her Him Yoona just because she needs a nickname.

3. Sunny (1B) because I see her as an Albert Pujols type of player. Her height will shrink the strike zone and she has great upper-body strength if you get what I'm sayin.

4. Taeyeon (3B). She would do well anywhere in the lineup but because she is injury prone, she does best when she has people on base.

5. Hyoyeon (SS). I like her athletic ability and she isn't afraid to take the ball whenever it comes to her.

6. Jessica (P) on the mound? She will win the battle against the batter before she even throws from her stare. Also:
http://picroda.jphip.com/snsd/jphip01975.jpg

7. Tiffany (CF). As Zoo stated, hidden athletic ability and has that Ken Griffey Jr. type of enthusiasm to the game.

8. Yuri (LF). She is long, can make up ground and she has quick reactions and knows what to do in clutch situations.

9. Seohyun (C) because she always knows what pitch Sica needs to deliver.

I based this lineup on... random things. The more I think about this, the more ridiculous my reasoning is  :lol:

good stuff, but are you sure you wanted the shortest person to be your first basewoman? XD

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 08:28:23 AM »
^ Put some bunny ears on her and she can jump to get the high balls!
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline efankill

• ecchi
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »
^ Put some bunny ears on her and she can jump to get the high balls!

jump?  :drool: :fap  :drool:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - I Know