JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Electrography

Author Topic: Milestone: A Reluctant Idol (complete)  (Read 27382 times)

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
Milestone: A Reluctant Idol (complete)
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:45:17 AM »
Writer's Note: some of you might've recognize this story from another forum, yup that's me. My stories have been known to be very emotionally charged with lots of twists and surprises.

This story takes place around Aya's FRIDAY incident and the months after. If you haven't guessed already it's a GAM fic. :lol: This was the very first fic I wrote but it took me a year and 2 months to finish it (finally finished it last month) with at least 2 other fics finished before it. As a result my writing has changed a bit since I began writing it but I'm very happy to finally finish it. There's 17 parts but they're quite long so take your time. Enjoy. :)

enough about me, on with the story...

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15 (different ending)
Part 16
Part 17 [FINAL]

References for Parts 1-10
References for Parts 11-17
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:32:03 AM by DO Me DO Me »

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Part 1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:46:17 AM »
Milestone: A Reluctant Idol

Part 1

"Forgive me, Mikichan." Aya whispered as she stroked Miki's now long growing hair. Miki, sitting beside her on the couch stared blankly into space, avoiding eye contact with Aya.

"How many times have you asked me that?" she sighed.

"I'm sorry." Aya apologized.

She was apologizing for her relationship with w-inds Keita Tachibana, something Miki had to find out through the gossip magazine FRIDAY. For the last few months Miki had suspected something was different between Aya and her. They gradually stopped spending time together although it had been declining ever since Miki joined Morning Musume. This time they were hardly talking at all. Only during concerts do they talk but it was only small chit chat and lots of picture taking. Miki knew there was someone else involved but she never expected it to be that bastard Keita. When she found out about them she became furious at Aya and she never gets that way especially with Aya. She complained that her relationship with him is breaking them apart as friends. Aya defended that it was only for a short time, a publicity stunt, when she was actually trying to prevent Miki from getting close to her. She knew Miki always had a thing for her and almost everyone in Hello Project knew too, it was quite obvious. However, Miki never really confessed her love to her. That was strange considering that Miki was a girl who always spoke her mind, and when she didn't like something she'll say so. But when it comes to Aya Miki would turn into a lovestruck fool and become a completely different person. Whenever she was confronted by other members telling her to stop beating around the bush and tell Aya already Miki would blantantly deny liking her. While Aya never minded Miki's advances on her (because she sort of liked her too) it was Tsunku who told her not get involved in such things unless she wanted to ruin her career. With that warning she had no choice but to slowly break away from Miki which brings to where they are now.

Miki had forgiven Aya all those times she apologized yet she was still very hurt about it. She did not like the thought of her girl being shared with anyone else. If only Aya knew how she really felt about her. She'll never forget the time when she almost confessed to her. It was during the making of the HP All Stars PV that it almost happened. They were so happy to be working with each other again that they spent all their time together during that whole promotion of that single. They were sitting alone in the corner thinking no one would notice them. But it was hard not to notice them when Aya was sitting between Miki's legs. That was then Miki decided to take the plunge and tell Aya. As she opened her mouth to speak the next thing she knew there was a camera pointing right at them. Miki hid behind Aya in embarassment then glared at the camera for ruining her chance. She made another attempt some time after but was shot down before she could say anything. "We're just being girls, nee? It doesn't mean anything." Aya had replied. It broke her heart to hear that and she would get angry at herself for not telling her already. She would then take these pent up feelings and take it out on the others through her attitude and unwanted touching. Members tried unsuccessfully to hook them up together, hoping it would end Miki's rage upon them.

"Miki, say something." Aya spoke.

Miki snapped out of her gaze and her eyes finally met with Aya's. Her doey eyes always made Miki's stomach tingle inside. "What? I've forgiven you already."

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing." Miki scoffed.

"Liar!" Aya retorted.

Miki turned around once again and sighed heavily as her eyelids became heavy with sleep. She thought now is the time to tell Aya how she really felt about her. Maybe then she'll dump that Keita and finally be hers. She opened her mouth but the wrong words came out.

"He hasn't touched you, has he?"

"No, of course not!" Aya answered, slightly offended by the question.

Damnit Miki, stop being stupid! she said in her head. "How long do you plan to keep this up?"

"I..I don't know."

"Pfft. You don't expect this to go on for a long time, do you?" Miki scoffed.

"We'll hardly see each other anymore."

Aya didn't say anything.

"Why are you doing this for anyway? Setting you guys up like that. It's not like you him though, right?"

"I..." Aya hesitated.

"You do?"

"Well he is a nice guy." Aya answered.

What? Please don't. Miki pleaded in her head.

"It's just a publicity stunt, remember? It's nothing."

Miki sensed a little doubt in Aya's words. "You promise you won't let anything happen to us? I don't want us to stop seeing each other." Miki hoped Aya sensed her hint.

"Of course, I promise. I won't let anything come between our friendship." Aya answered and touched Miki's shoulder.

Hmph, "friendship". Miki scoffed at the word but her anger was quickly diminished by Aya's touch. It felt like electricity running through her body and she turned around and faced her once again. She leaned on Aya's shoulder and smiled. Just the scent of her made her melt into a puddle. Miki told her she felt tired so Aya offered her lap for her to lay on and of course Miki gladly accepted. Aya felt bad, however, for letting her on like that. She thought many times about telling Miki that she knew all along, but, she loved her job and she didn't want to risk it. Somewhere deep inside her she loved Miki too. But then there was something else in the way, Keita. Though it supposedly started out as a publicity stunt set up by their companies, over the 2 months they "went out" they actually got to know each other and maybe even like each other a bit. Aya wouldn't dare to tell Miki that, it would break her heart. She'd hate to lose a friend like Miki. Somehow she felt like she had been set up by this whole incident. She was now trapped.

"We should do something tomorrow." Miki spoke from her sleep, breaking Aya's train of thought.

"Yea, sure." Aya agreed. Suddenly the phone rang. "Hello?" Aya answered. "Oh, Keita?"

Keita? Miki scoffed. The nerve of him calling this late!

"Yea, I'm fine." Aya said.

Miki sighed as she had to sit and listen their conversation. Aya giggled a few times and mentioned Keita's name again. That name hits Miki's head like a migraine. She didn't like the happy tone Aya was giving off talking to him. The flame of jealousy began to grow within her once again.

"Oh? Tomorrow?" she heard Aya say.

What?! Miki couldn't stand to hear anymore of it or that wretched name. She got up. "I'm leaving." she mumbled as she headed toward the door.

"Wha-? Miki, wait!" Aya called to her but she was already gone. She pouted as she returned to the phone. "I'm sorry Keita, this is a bad time. Goodnight."

She hung up the phone, sunk her face into the couch and let out a loud groan. Miki heard her through the door. She turned around and wanted to go back. She realized she might've overreacted but she couldn't go back and face Aya. She turned back around and kept walking away. The echo from her high heeled boots masked the sound of her cries.

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 01:06:01 AM »
outch i feel so sad when i read it...

with just the 1st sentence we get the atmosphere..
""Forgive me, Mikichan." Aya whispered as she stroked Miki's now long growing hair. Miki, sitting beside her on the couch stared blankly into space, avoiding eye contact with Aya"

it looks so realistic too...
"She thought many times about telling Miki that she knew all along, but, she loved her job and she didn't want to risk it. Somewhere deep inside her she loved Miki too. "

good job here. i'm looking forward for the rest of it ^^

Offline tanakachi

• Reina's Bodyguard
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 01:06:10 AM »
omg aya being friday'd O_O!!...
what lucky guy got to be with her!! lol
my god this is good!, cant wait to read the others! keep up the great work!! :D

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 01:56:09 AM »
Damn Keita! More Aya/Miki!

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 01:56:18 AM »
Quote from: tanakachi
omg aya being friday'd O_O!!...
what lucky guy got to be with her!! lol
my god this is good!, cant wait to read the others! keep up the great work!! :D

but she actually did get FRIDAY'd last year although surprisingly no one really made a big deal about it. :roll:

ChrNo, you brought up something else about my writing. I tend to write stories based on real events so it really does have a realistic feel to it. :lol:

Thanks for the comments.

Offline bluekinoko

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 04:55:32 AM »
Hey, I wanna read more to this.

I have become a mega Miki Aya shipper.

you write so well it makes my heart ache.

well done..

Another chapter?

☆ひとみちゃんのためなら バイト バイト バイト!☆

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Part 2
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:03:42 PM »
Part 2

"Hey! One more beer!" Miki demanded.

The bartender brought it over to her. He was unaware that she was Morning Musume's Miki Fujimoto because of the wig and dark glasses she wore. Even though she was 20 and legal to drink she still had to keep a low profile as not to ruin Morning Musume's good image. Although Aya was still underaged, Miki would buy beer for them to take back to either her or Aya's apartment. There they'd get drunk and sing karaoke loudly until the neighbors complained. They'd wake up hungover the next morning wondering where all the mess came from. One night Aya had drank way too much and passed out on Miki's bed. She was so tempted to have her way with her but she had too much respect for Aya to do that. Instead she gave her one single kiss on the lips. Though it was short it felt like the world to Miki.

Good times. Miki thought as she guzzled down the bottle of beer. That was only a month ago. It has been a week now since she left Aya's apartment that one night. During that week she tried all she could to avoid her at work. Aya confronted Miki at one point and said that it was her that was pushing them away from each other. Miki knew she was right but she just couldn't see Aya the same way after what she did. She even went so far as to follow Aya around one night. She was envious seeing how happy she was with Keita. The way she laughs and smiles at him, putting her arm around his. It seemed like there was much more going on than Aya had told her. Miki felt like the only thing good in her life was being snatched away from her. What would be left for her now? Her career? Screw it! She thought. It hasn't meant anything to her lately, especially since her solo career (which was her other good thing) was taken away too. If she had a choice between the two, she'd rather be with Aya. Now the bottle has become her friend recently. Aya had told her not to drink unless she was with her or in the company of the older Hello Project members lest something should happen to her if she were alone. But she wanted to be alone anyway, that's how she's been feeling lately. As she finished off the last drop she felt the alcohol reaching her head and decided to stop before she wouldn't be able to get herself home. "I'm done!" she yelled out and threw some money on the table.

But she wasn't really through yet. She stopped by the convenient store only to get more beer and then hailed for a taxi to take her home. Inside, the driver kept bugging her with stupid questions. She remained quiet as she started drinking a bottle.

"You know what? You kinda look familar." He said looking at her from the rear view mirror. "You look like you could be a member of that group Morning Musume."

"Yeah?" She finally spoke. "Which one?"

"Hmm," He thought. "That cute one, umm...Ishikawa."

Miki glared at him behind her dark glasses.

"Pshh, she's a brat." She scoffed. "How about Fujimoto? I think I look like her the most."

"Nmm, nah she's a bit scary." Replied the driver.

What?! She glared at him once more.

"Isn't she the one that's mean to everyone?" He asked. "You don't seem to be that type of person."

I am her, dumbass! She yelled in her head. And I'm not THAT mean! She really wanted to smash his head with one of those beer bottles, but decided it wasn't worth losing her temper over (or perhaps a life).

The taxi had finally reached her destination. As she got out she realized that she was at the wrong place. By then the taxi had already driven away. Instead of her apartment she ended up at Aya's.

"Damn!" she griped as she fumbled for the keys. She had been given a spare key to Aya's apartment because after all they are "friends". Miki came over so much that people suspect they were living together.

As she entered, the whole place remained the same as she left it last time she was there a week ago. She noticed a little box on the coffee table and picked it up. From Keita. She read and opened it. Inside was a necklace. "How nice." Miki scoffed as she threw the box down. She opened another bottle and chugged it down. "Congratulations to the lovely couple!" She toasted to the air. "Kampai!" By this time she was feeling fuzzy.

She turned on the stereo and Aya's "GOODBYE Natsuo" was playing. "Aya you dork!" She snorted out loud. Aya was such an egomaniac. She loved hearing her name. She loved listening and looking at herself, naming things after herself. The girl was absolutely in love with herself. She probably loves herself more than I love her. Miki thought one time. Maybe that is why she never noticed her affection towards her (if only Miki knew she knew).

Miki sang along while she stumbled around the room until finally landing on the bed. She could smell Aya's scent on her pillow as she held on to it tightly. It flooded back memories of when she'd spend the night over. But still reminded of the past week she threw the pillow across the room. The ceiling almost seems to be closing in on her as she tried to focus her eyes on it. Her head felt dizzy and heavy and she eventually fell asleep.

It was probably close to an hour when the door of the apartment opened. Miki could hear two voices, a man and a woman's. She turned over and yelled out. "Hey shut up there! I'm sleeping!"

"Huh?" said the female voice and footsteps came foward. "Mikichan? What are you doing here?"

Miki woke from her drunken slumber and looked up. "Ah darling, you're home!" She slurred. "Give me a kiss." She raised her arms up and puckered her lips.

"Miki, you're drunk. What did I tell-"

"Wow! What are you wearing?" she cut her off, looking at the black dress Aya wore. "Did that dummy Keita get you that 'cause I don't remember you getting that."

"Is everything all right?" Entered the male voice.

"Keita! How the hell are you?" Miki squeaked.

Aya, completely embarassed by Miki's behavoir, turned to Keita. "Keita, this is a bad time...again. I'll see you later ok?" He nodded as he gave her a hug.

"Feel better Fujimoto-san." He said to her.

"Un." Miki mumbled.

Aya waited for the door to close before she went at Miki.

"What's wrong with you?" She said very aggravated.

"Now you want to talk to me?" Miki mumbled.

"Me? You're the one who's not talking to me."

"Did you have fun with loverboy?" Miki changed the subject.

"What? Anyway, why are you drinking?"

"You want one? I think there's still some mo-"

"Miki, why are you acting like this?"

Miki squinted her eyes trying to look up at her. "You don't spend time with me anymore." she whined.

"The reason is because YOU don't want to be near me. You've been avoiding me for the past week. Everytime I get close to you you back away like I'm diseased or something."

Aya was right, Miki had be treating her like she was a leper. She was very possessive when it comes to Aya, but she just couldn't stand the thought of her with someone else.

"Not even a 'hi, how are you?' or anything." She continued. "Why are you being this way? As a friend, I thought you'd understand."

"Why are you so happy when you're with Keita?" Miki blurted out. "I thought you didn't like him."

"What? Have you been spying on me? How could you?"

"I...I..." Miki stuttered.

Aya scoffed at her. "How could you do that? And I'm only just...pretending." She said half truthfully. She realized that she did have a good time when she went out with Keita. She was starting to feel guilty about it now.

"Why?" Miki mumbled. "We'll never see each other anymore if you start to like him. Why are you doing this?"

"Because of my career-" Aya blurted then corrected herself. "I mean..." She didn't finish.

She looked at Miki nervously hoping she didn't hear her. It seemed like she didn't because she was half asleep. She was still upset that Miki had to spy on her. She couldn't believe she did something like that. Then again she was fooling herself as well. She shook her head and realized why was she even telling Miki this, she isn't going to remember anything anyway.

"I'm sorry Miki, you need to go." She said quietly this time.

"Aa, can't I stay? I'm already here." Miki pleaded.

Aya gave up. "Fine, but please don't talk to me."

"What?" Miki watched Aya leave the room.

Aya settled herself in the living room on the couch. It was getting late and she didn't feel like dealing with her drunken friend. It was Miki's fault for the silent hostility between them this past week but it was her fault for getting into this situation in the first place. Damnit, why did I agree to do this? She thought. It's only making it worse. She wondered who she should feel sorry for. Miki, her always so strong friend who has now turned herself into a drunken mess or Keita, who was absolutely clueless to the real reason why she's only going out with him. Or perhaps her own self for thinking only about her career. As she pondered these thoughts in her head Miki incessantly called out to her.

"Aya, come here!"

"No, you've completely embarassed me back there. Leave me alone!" She yelled back.

"Ayaya!" Miki growled.

"Shut up before the neighbors complain!"

"Aya!" But her calls were ignored. Miki felt too tired to get up and go to her so she kept calling her. "Aya, please come here." Her voice lowered to a desperate plea now. "Aya...I...love you!" She suddenly began to cry. "I love you!" She yelled louder but was unaware of the words she was saying. "All I want is to be...with you." She whispered to herself now between her sobs. "But I've waited too long...now...I've missed my chance." She eventually cried herself to sleep.

In the living room Aya clenched her teeth, fighting back the tears that were forming. She finally heard the words Miki wanted to tell her, but she didn't want to hear it. Not like that. Miki wasn't the kind of girl who'd make a fool out of herself. If anyone knew Miki better than anyone it would be Aya. Despite what everyone says about her, Miki was really a sweet girl. Her behavoir since she found out about the incident was the first time Aya had seen a big change in Miki and she felt responsible for that. She realized that Miki was desperate now. Aya herself was feeling frustrated and confused.

"Miki..." She sighed.
--------------

bluekinoko, thanks for the compliment. It's funny since writing's not my best form of art. And I didn't think I'd end up writing fanfics either. But it's fun. :D

Offline sousora

• Winter is coming.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 从・ゥ・从
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »
I'm really enjoying this, can't wait to see more :)

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 03:57:39 PM »
wow...i can't find the words...
again...
so touching
"The taxi had finally reached her destination. As she got out she realized that she was at the wrong place. By then the taxi had already driven away. Instead of her apartment she ended up at Aya's."

...sad..and yet sometimes funny
"Aya was such an egomaniac. She loved hearing her name. She loved listening and looking at herself, naming things after herself. The girl was absolutely in love with herself. She probably loves herself more than I love her. Miki thought one time.Maybe that is why she never noticed her affection towards her (if only Miki knew she knew)." and of course the dialogue with the barman, and when she is drunk...

...and it really sounds like to be true...
"Miki wasn't the kind of girl who'd make a fool out of herself. If anyone knew Miki better than anyone it would be Aya. Despite what everyone says about her, Miki was really a sweet girl."

the way you wrote it is so good...we can feel how miki is...;_;

a really good job. so there are 15 chapters as good as those two heh...really nice :) and it really doesnt matter if they are long !

Offline tanakachi

• Reina's Bodyguard
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:25:20 PM »
wow, that was a really sad chapter, cant wait to read the others!

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 01:58:35 AM »
I read this story at JPM, and it's actually what made me turn into such a huge GAM shipper. I'll go ahead and re-read it again while you post, because it's that damn good! :D

Anywho, the second chapter . . . Miki the drunk was entertaining, and the part where she stole a kiss from Aya was heartwarming, really. But, at the end, I could feel my heart sink at Miki's confession . . . :(

Offline asheravel

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 03:17:52 AM »
i read this fic in the other forum, omg it was soo good, some tender moments n sad ones here and there =)
100% supports YoMiki !~:D

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 04:18:40 AM »
I remember reading some of this on jpopmusic.com.

I see, clever....

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 04:54:41 AM »
^ :P hehe you found my secret, I like playing with titles too.

Oh you quiet JPM lurkers, you need to speak up! Your comments are important to us. :D I admit too that writing this story made me a GAM fan too. It started out as my way of making Miki the victim rather than the "villian" because at the time most fics with Miki in it portrayed her as the bad guy so I did the opposite.  There seems to be a similar formula to GAM fics: one of them wants to confess (usually Miki :P) but the other has a dilemma (usually Aya :P).

Thanks for the comments. Now what I'm doing here is going through the story again and fix mistakes or adding more detail but still retaining the original story. So with that I'll work on Part 3 now.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 04:57:15 AM »
Quote from: rndmnwierd
I remember reading some of this on jpopmusic.com.

I see, clever....

Aw...thanks for spoiling it. :(

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 12:10:12 PM »
wah! M.A.R.I has made it's way over here!  I love this story!!  it's so good and sad and everything inbetween that it's worth reading again!

oh oh ! and does this mean that perhaps E.R.I will make it's appearance here too??!  that was one of the first h!p fanfics I read and still most beloved! (and thanks to you I'm a crazy kameshige fan!) :heart:

but anyways keep posting cause everything by you is so addictive ! :heart:

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 02:27:05 PM »
Quote from: Sukoshi
wah! M.A.R.I has made it's way over here!  I love this story!!  it's so good and sad and everything inbetween that it's worth reading again!

oh oh ! and does this mean that perhaps E.R.I will make it's appearance here too??!  that was one of the first h!p fanfics I read and still most beloved! (and thanks to you I'm a crazy kameshige fan!) :heart:

but anyways keep posting cause everything by you is so addictive ! :heart:

HAI! I plan on posting E.R.I. too but I'm gonna end up re-writing it again to make it longer and better. But yeah, I think I made alot of people become Sayumi fans because of it. XD And that's what I try to do with my fics, make people like my characters even if you don't like them that much. The current fic I'm writing is about Takahashi but that will wait till I'm finished with it. I've learned my lesson from M.A.R.I. :P

Anyway, I couldn't post the next part last night cuz my internet was being screwy, but it's coming right up after this. I like having these stories in their own thread, it makes it easier to read them.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Part 3
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 02:27:52 PM »
Part 3

Miki woke up to the sound of an alarm. She turned over and pounded her left fist into the nightstand. "Itai!" She yelped in pain and realized she was not in her room. She turned over to the right side and picked up the clock and unplugged it off the wall. "Baka!" She yelled rubbing her hurt hand with the other. She adjusted her eyes to the light and looked around. She was in Aya's room, on Aya's bed, but no Aya. Beside her on the bed was a note. She got filled with excitement as she picked it up. She was expecting it to say something like "Wake up lazyhead! Time for work." or some cute message. Aya would leave these notes whenever Miki spent the night over because she would leave for work two hours earlier and leave Miki to sleep some more. Miki never saw the need to go to work so early, Aya just wants to be the first one inside the studio.

As Miki opened the note it was not what she expected. "Clean up your mess before you leave." is all it said. Disappointed, she crumpled it and threw it on the floor adding to the empty beer bottles that were already strewn all over. She looked at the mess and tried to recollect what happened but she couldn't. "What did I do?" she asked herself. She hoped she didn't hurt Aya any more than she already has. She got up and looked at herself in the mirror. She was still wearing yesterday's clothes. Her face was quite dismal and tired. She checked the time but forget she had unplugged the clock. The watch on her wrist told her she still had a good hour before work. She checked her cellphone and found that she had one voicemail. She clicked several buttons and listened.

"Hey Miki, this is Mari. Don't forget dance practice tomorrow. See ya then."

Miki checked the time of the message and it was made yesterday which meant practice was today. She could go home and change because she didn't live too far from Aya, but she didn't feel like going home. She wondered if it would be all right with Aya to borrow some of her clothes instead. Only one way to find out. As she dialed her number it rang several times before her voice mail came on. Guess she doesn't want to talk. Miki figured. As the beep sounded Miki left a message.

"Hi, Aya. It's Miki, I was just wondering if I could borrow some clothes for dance practice today. I don't feel like going home. So yeah. Ok, bye."

She hung up and sighed. She probably wasn't going to answer back anyway so Miki was prepared to go home if she had to. She was trying to remember what happened last night. All she could remember was Aya telling her to leave, maybe something about Keita but the rest was fuzzy to her. As minutes went by she figured Aya didn't want to answer back and decided to clean up her mess then leave. She took half full bottles and emptied them out in the sink. She knew she shouldn't have drank but she couldn't help it. Suddenly she heard her cellphone ring. She ran to it and picked up. "One new text message" it said and she read it.

Go ahead.

That's it. At least she answered, Miki thought as she returned to Aya's room. She searched for a T-shirt and possibly track pants from Aya's dresser but everything she had was either dressy or pink. She managed, however, to find a cute pink terry cloth outfit, tank top with matching capri pants. Miki let out a grunt but decided this will do. The girls are going to get me big time. Miki was definitely not a pink girl. With 45 minutes to spare she scanned over the room hoping it was to Princess Aya's liking and left for work.

-----

Miki's head was still throbbing as she entered the studio. She really wasn't in the mood to do anything today. In the hall she saw Eri and Sayumi walking from the opposite direction. They bowed to her as she passed.

"Good morning, Fujimoto-san." They both said politely.

"Mornin', how are you two?" Miki mumbled as she continued walking on without looking at them.

They paused and looked at each other, almost surprised, before answering back. "We're fine."

"Good, see ya at practice." Miki answered as she disappeared down the hall.

"That was weird." Eri noticed. "She actually said 'good morning' to us."

"Yeah, she actually talked to us." Sayumi added. "And that pink outfit is so cute! She should be like that more often."

"I think she had a hangover." Eri pointed out, rubbing her head indicating Miki's headache. "Kinda bad if she had one all the time."

"Too bad, it makes her much nicer and cuter. But I think I'd look cuter in that outfit though, huh?" Sayu made a goofy smile.

Eri knew that was coming and scoffed at her. She walked on without her friend. "And everyone's saying I'm the weird one."

As Miki entered the kitchen she saw W by the stove cooking breakfast. She tried to ignore them as she got herself some coffee but there they were in her face.

"Goood Morning! Mikichan!" They said together.

Annoyed, Miki had no choice but to answer them back. "Mornin', what are you two up to?"

"We are making Pan-keeki!" They said together again.

Their talking in unison annoyed the hell out of her. Luckily she no longer had to deal with them ever since they graduated from the group.

"Want one?" Asked Aibon, finally breaking the unison.

"Huh? Well, ok then." She answered hoping that will get them to leave her alone.

W squealed with delight as they went to fix a plate for her. Miki stared pensively at a light spot reflecting on the table, sipping her coffee as she tried to remember what happened last night once again. I hope I didn't screw up anything. She worried. She'd hate to lose someone like Aya, even as a friend. Suddenly a plate slid in front of the spot she was staring at.

"Jyan!" W cried in unison once again.

Before Miki was a pancake in the shape of a heart. It took her by surprise for a moment but she managed to crack a smile.

"Pretty cute, thanks." she said. As she poured syrup on it she thought, Oh Aya, why are you doing this? You're tearing up my heart. She cut off a piece and took a bite out of it. Hmm, not bad. She ate some more as she kept thinking about Aya. Suddenly Keita came into the picture. Keita. She growled in head. If I hear that name again I'd... She began cutting up the pancake heart into pieces, her knife scratching hard against the plate. She didn't notice that two more people entered the kitchen, one of them a familar face.

"What's eating her?" Nacchi asked W.

"You mean, 'what is she eating?'" Nono corrected her.

"Nacchi! Ayaya! Do you want some pankeeki too?" asked Aibon.

Suddenly Miki stopped cutting. Ayaya? She looked up and there she was. Their eyes caught one another's but they quickly glanced away.

"Good morning, Mikichan." Nacchi said to her.

"Good morning, Abe-san." She answered back. She didn't say anything back to Aya.

"Good morning, Miki." Aya said.

"G-good morning." Miki choked as she averted her eyes back on her plate of mangled pancake.

Aya looked at her strangely before asking, "Is that my-?" Miki nodded her head quickly referring to Aya's pink outfit. "Oh, well, it looks nice on you." She said to her as she and Nacchi walked out of the kitchen. Miki got up and went after her in the hall.

"Aya!" She called to her. Aya and Nacchi stopped in their tracks. She told Nacchi she'll meet up with her later and Nacchi walked on. Aya didn't turn around as Miki approached her.

"Did I...did I do something wrong last night?" Miki asked.

"No Miki, you didn't. You were just drunk, that's all." Aya replied.

"Did I say anything?"

Aya avoided mentioning what Miki had said last night. "Uh no, you didn't. But I think you might've weirded out Keita."

Miki tried her best not to cringe at his name. "Oh he was there? Well, tell him I'm sorry."

Aya finally turned around and nodded her head. Then an awkward silence ensued.

They both looked down, staring at each other's feet. Aya almost wanted to giggle at the sight of Miki in her clothes but she kept her face still. Miki glanced Aya up and down a few times. She still looked beautiful even when she wasn't looking happy.

"Yea, I've got dance practice to go to." Miki finally broke the silence.

"Oh yea, have fun." Aya said to her.

They paused once again as if something was suppose to happen. A hug? A handshake? Or even a nod? Nothing. They just went their separate ways.

Come on, when are you going to tell her? Miki thought to herself.

Come on, tell her already. Aya thought to herself.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 04:16:40 AM »
Ah! I loved E.R.I.! I read it, like, three times! I think that will be a big hit here.
Great chapter DO ME-san!, can't wait for the next one.

BTW, I squealed when you mentioned W....

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Electrography