JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fiestar - Wicked (feat. Tiger JK)

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238663 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #560 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:37 AM »
Hey! Hey! Hey! 
One last shout out for Unubore Deka and Tomoya Nagase:

Offline david260684

« Reply #561 on: January 09, 2011, 05:19:33 AM »
I currently watching old drama Densha otoko again... my favorite drama.. it's very funny and touching how otaku man can get beautiful and elegance woman like that.. that's what i called destiny..

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #562 on: January 17, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
Checking out the new season. Same as always, from most interested down:

LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~ ep01-02 - Totally fits my bill. Gonna be following it like crazy. :heart:
cute girl = Kitagawa Keiko (check)
cute guy = Hiraoka Yuta (check)
interesting characters = all weirdos (check)
fits my taste = detective drama (check)
speed = fast-paced storyline (check)
fresh theme = team-based profiling (all check) :peace:

Control ep01 - Basically Galileo with a psychologist professor instead.

Gou~Himetachi no Sengoku ep01 - Strangely starting to get into these Taiga dramas.

Kokuhatsu Kokusen Bengonin ep01 - It's Keibuho Furuhata Ninzaburo! But he's like a lawyer now. um... :huhuh

Gaikoukan Kuroda Kosaku ep01 - Continuation of the movie "Megami no Hoshu". Crazy good cast, but the first episode was kinda slow just like the movie.
Hope it was just because of the overseas shooting, and will speed up since they're back in japan.

Misaki Number One!! ep01 - High School drama. Funny, but seen a lot of these.
School - Primary School drama. A little more serious. Same, seen a lot.

Utsukushi Rinjin ep01 - Psycho neighbour Yukie Nakama.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 11:27:11 AM by winner »

Offline lina_sama

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #563 on: January 19, 2011, 06:24:48 AM »
currently watching You’re Beautiful, Nodame Cantabile Final Score, Papa to Musume no Nanokakan and Buzzer Beat XD :twothumbs

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #564 on: January 19, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
I just finished episodes 1 to 13 of "Hancho"- unfortunately the sites where I normally watch J-dramas have all got busted links to the final two episodes (14 & 15)
Have to point out episode 12, which is the episode where a 4th generation Japanese American detective comes over to Tokyo to hunt down an assasin. The speech given by series star Kuranosuke Sasaki to the L.A. cop, where Sasaki's character, Hancho, is impoloring the American detective not to give in to revenge, as it would sacrifice the greater concept of Justice, was probably one of the most powerful character moments that I have ever watched in an episodic series.

I will be looking for more dramas or movies with Sasaki san- he is the real deal.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #565 on: January 19, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
^^ I had the same problem too in not being able to watch the last 2 episodes, :sweatdrop: what a shame tooo as it was such a fantastic series. There's 2 more seasons of Hancho though not subbed yet(?). As far as Kuranosuke Sasaki goes, he's a fave of mine too, check out his movie The Mamiya Brothers, one of the best films from the last 5 years. :thumbsup

Also the drama with him M no Higeki is highly recommended, one of my all time faves and another good one is Shimokita Sundays.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #566 on: January 19, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »
^^ I had the same problem too in not being able to watch the last 2 episodes, :sweatdrop: what a shame tooo as it was such a fantastic series. There's 2 more seasons of Hancho though not subbed yet(?). As far as Kuranosuke Sasaki goes, he's a fave of mine too, check out his movie The Mamiya Brothers, one of the best films from the last 5 years. :thumbsup
Also the drama with him M no Higeki is highly recommended, one of my all time faves and another good one is Shimokita Sundays.
Yoshino san, thanks for all the great recommendations- I will surely be checking those out. And belated Happy Rikamas!

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #567 on: January 20, 2011, 02:33:44 AM »
Hope my recommendations are good though, I can sometimes like too many odd ball things. :shocked
Just started a real, real oldie, from 1992- Homeowrk. The older ones are so different, real heavy, serious, intense but so captivating. :thumbsup

Offline Scatterbrain

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #568 on: January 31, 2011, 03:41:15 AM »
I used to watch Q10... but then, nobody subbed it. so I'm not seeing anything. Something to recomend?
Idols, idols everywhere >.<

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #569 on: January 31, 2011, 04:59:56 AM »
^^ Read thru some of the posts, lot of good recommendations here. :thumbsup
Currently watching SPEC (Keizoku 2), Erika's drama from last year, like it better than the original, :) only 6 episodes subbed so far though, think I'm gonna start on Young Father in the meantime.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #570 on: January 31, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
I am getting great ideas of what to watch from the posts in this thread.  :thumbup

Currently am at episode 4 of "Triangle" - great cast with Yosuke Eguchi, SMAP'S Goro Inagaki, Ryoko Hirosue, Masato Sakai, Saki Aibu, and Kuranosuke Sasaki, and more great supporting actors.
It is a murder mystery, but the murder took place 25 years earlier, and had never been solved............

Offline jackal2000

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #571 on: February 01, 2011, 02:11:54 AM »
Thanks all for the recommendations!!!

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #572 on: February 01, 2011, 03:03:07 AM »
Hana Yori Dango :thumbup

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
Yan Papa, episode 5, certainly no classic but it's been an enjoyable watch. :)

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #574 on: February 04, 2011, 07:51:01 AM »
Currently stuck at episode 8? of Unubore Deka. Other shows have sadly distracted me from watching lol.

Offline lina_sama

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #575 on: February 06, 2011, 06:57:44 AM »
Watching Sweet Spy, Bump Off Lover and  Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, I have started to watch a lot of dramas lately  XD :D

Offline vizardqool

• Love J-IDOL GROUP
« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2011, 01:35:49 PM »
Still waiting for Q10 subtitle and currently watching jyuou virgin :)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:25 PM »
And the remaining dramas from this season. :)

Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta ep01 - It has Toda Erika = It's in my top 3.

Jidankoshonin Gota Keshi ep01-02 - A guy using negotiation techniques and behavioural psychology to help people being cheated/bullied.
It's a low-budget midnight drama, but I find it really fun to watch. It just skips my top 3 though. Why? ...my other top 2, Control and Lady, also use behavioural psychology for their stories. Total overlap!!! XD

Akutou ep01-02 - Cop drama about a team of investigators that keep breaking the law to solve cases. Very manly stuff, not my type.

Saijo no Meii ep01-02 - About a talented pediatric surgeon trying to change people's thoughts of running a hospital only based on financial welfare (adapted from the manga).
Nothing too special. I'd put it around School's spot.

Only missing Bartender (probably check it tomorrow) and 1-2 strays.

So basically, for this season so far. My main 3 will be:
1. LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~
2. Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta
3. Control

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #578 on: February 08, 2011, 09:24:05 AM »
LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~

started watching Umizaru, Voice, 81 Diver and Reinouryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso but got busy/distracted/lazy

hope BOSS 2 does not disappoint.

Just saw an episode of Yankee-kun to Megane-chan so I guess I'll start that too...eventually.

Watched SPEC and I don't really get the ending but at least Toda Erika and the gyouza looked good.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:36:59 PM by mixedmedia »

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2011, 08:18:09 PM »
Doing a rewatch of this, really been in a Aya zone lately. :)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fiestar - Wicked (feat. Tiger JK)