JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Sennichikou

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 342834 times)

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
Quote from: Kenji
-The Nebraskan crowd was awesome! Definitely the liveliest crowd I've heard in YEARS. I wish the WWE could have more hot crowds like this...I hate it when they go to places where it just seems like they don't care about anything that's going on. This arena easily puts any other arena to shame.

Apparently you've forgotten about the Raw after Wrestlemania X8 in Montreal?  And how the crowd literally wouldn't let Hulk Hogan say a word for a good 10 mins or so, because they were cheering soooooo loud for sooooo long, it cut their tv time?  And then every week after that, the directors and producers and everyone else made it SEEM like it was like that in every arena, but it really wasn't?

Montreal.  Who else can burst into "Na na nana, hey hey, goodbye" on command?

I guess I did. But the Skydome can fit...what, like 80,000 people? Maybe more, maybe less. Obviously they'll sounder louder because of the amount of people. The Qwest arena can fit 10,000 at most, and the crowd was absolutely amazing. They sounded just as loud as the Montreal crowd from what I remember. The Montreal crowd during WM X8 were nothing but a bunch of Hogan marks anyhow...I was real pissed when they booed the hell out of The Rock.

Anyhow, WWE needs more arenas like last nights. Remember last years WM XX MSG crowd? DEAD SILENT throughout the event. I was disgusted with their lack of cheering. It's Wrestlemania people, the grand daddy of em all!

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
I've been missing wrestling for the past couple of weeks.  Have they had that draft yet?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
The draft takes place next month, and it's gonna last until the end of June. Supposedly each brand will be able to draft 5 stars.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
I guess I did. But the Skydome can fit...what, like 80,000 people? Maybe more, maybe less. Obviously they'll sounder louder because of the amount of people. The Qwest arena can fit 10,000 at most, and the crowd was absolutely amazing. They sounded just as loud as the Montreal crowd from what I remember. The Montreal crowd during WM X8 were nothing but a bunch of Hogan marks anyhow...I was real pissed when they booed the hell out of The Rock.

Not to be a nitpicker, but WrestleMania X8 wasn't held in Montreal.  It was held in Toronto.  The amazing response for Hulk Hogan I'm referring to was on Raw, the day after WMX8, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, which can hold up to 21,500 people.

As far as Toronto booing the hell out of The Rock, it wasn't completely due to him wrestling against Hulk Hogan - part of it was because the fans knew that Rocky only really has like what, 6 actual wrestling moves?  As a wrestler, both of them are just awful when it comes to actual in ring skillz.  But, when was the last time before WMX8 that anywone was supposed to cheering for Hulk Hogan?

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
The draft takes place next month, and it's gonna last until the end of June. Supposedly each brand will be able to draft 5 stars.

So there'll only be one person drafted per week per side?  That's pretty weak, IMHO.  Why would they want to stretch it out?  Have the draft all in one episode, it creates more tension that way.  Doing it one per week will turn it into just another temp "skit" to do on the shows, like the Highlight Reel or Carlito's Cabana.

Quote from: Kuno_Tunder

Not to be a nitpicker, but WrestleMania X8 wasn't held in Montreal. It was held in Toronto. The amazing response for Hulk Hogan I'm referring to was on Raw, the day after WMX8, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, which can hold up to 21,500 people.

As far as Toronto booing the hell out of The Rock, it wasn't completely due to him wrestling against Hulk Hogan - part of it was because the fans knew that Rocky only really has like what, 6 actual wrestling moves? As a wrestler, both of them are just awful when it comes to actual in ring skillz. But, when was the last time before WMX8 that anywone was supposed to cheering for Hulk Hogan?

That's true.  Hogan and Rock's popularity was always more due to their mic skills than with their wrestling skills.  Both of them were primarily brawlers, not mat technicians.  Put either of them in a WRESTLING match with, say, Angle, Benoit, or Bret Hart, they'd get their asses whupped in a heartbeat.  It got to the point where certain sequences for Hogan/Rock were so choreographed that one could count them off as they happened (this is especially true with Hogan).  Also, at WMX8, practically every serious wrestling fan already knew that: a)Rock was going to have a heel turn in the not too distant future, and b) Rock was going to quit the business soon to go Hollywood.  In regards to a), the fans were saying, "hurry up and become a heel already, here's a bunch of boos to help you along!".  In regards to b), they were upset that he'd be leaving the company.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+

Not to be a nitpicker, but WrestleMania X8 wasn't held in Montreal.  It was held in Toronto.  The amazing response for Hulk Hogan I'm referring to was on Raw, the day after WMX8, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, which can hold up to 21,500 people.

As far as Toronto booing the hell out of The Rock, it wasn't completely due to him wrestling against Hulk Hogan - part of it was because the fans knew that Rocky only really has like what, 6 actual wrestling moves?  As a wrestler, both of them are just awful when it comes to actual in ring skillz.  But, when was the last time before WMX8 that anywone was supposed to cheering for Hulk Hogan?

Well when you said the WMX8 crowd in Montreal, I thought you were still referring to the Toronto crowd. That's why I also said Montreal...I was pretty positive that it was in Toronto before I read your post. No seriously, I was! :P

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Well when you said the WMX8 crowd in Montreal, I thought you were still referring to the Toronto crowd. That's why I also said Montreal...I was pretty positive that it was in Toronto before I read your post. No seriously, I was! :P

That's ok man, just making sure we're thinking on the same page.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Todays RAW was pretty good...Finally, Batista gets beaten to a pulp for once. I was getting sick of him being pretty much invincible whenever Triple H tried doing something to him.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
I, unfortunately, missed almost all of RAW again.  All I caught was the final match with Batista and Edge.  So was this match the one that Edge got from that contract that he kept in the briefcase?  Or has he not used that one yet? :?  :?  :?

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
It was the title shot he got from winning the Gold Rush tournment, which was a load of BS. Now he gets ANOTHER title shot...just what I wanted. :evil:

Not only that, we'll have to put up with another god awful Triple H promo next Monday.

Offline Lemon

• Something Sexy
  • Member+
I'm really pissed Steven Richards lost that match. First off, it wasn't long enough and secondly, I wanted him to pound Masters damnit! I reallly hope the feud would continue cause darnit, Richards needs to get out of jobber status!

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Quote from: Lemon
I'm really pissed Steven Richards lost that match. First off, it wasn't long enough and secondly, I wanted him to pound Masters damnit! I reallly hope the feud would continue cause darnit, Richards needs to get out of jobber status!

Haha, huge Stevie mark eh?

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed that he lost, but I saw it coming. They're trying to push Masters as an "unstoppable force", so making him job to Richards wouldn't have done him any good. But I'd like to see this feud go somewhere.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
So I went to a SmackDown house show tonight at the new MTS Centre in downtown Winnipeg.  Not a great show, but whatever.  Anyway, the important thing is that there was a title match for the US Title between Orlando Jordan and Rey Mysterio.  About 5 mins into the match, Orlando is lying in the turnbuckle, and Rey is standing over him punching him in the head, with the crowd counting along.  All of a sudden, he slips off of the rope for no apparent reason, and lands awkwardly on his right leg.  They finish the match in a schmoz, with Orlando cheating to win, but clearly Rey's ankle, or knee, is bothering him, and had to be helped out to the back.  So, look for something on tv this week saying something about Rey being injured or something.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
SHIT! And Rey ain't gonna be at our house show either (like i was gonna go :P) ... haven't watched Smackdown in months but they gotta get rid of JBL and his cronies. Maybe Triple H will appear?

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
I went to a RAW house show last night...it was awesome. I'll post pics, videos, and a more detailed summary later.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
:w00t: WWE SWEEPING DA WESSTT-SIIIIDDDEEEE!!! I'm gonna go check out Big Show tmr at The Mall.

And how about RAW tonite?? STACY'S HOT!! STACY'S HOT!! STACY'S HOT!! (yeah NO SHIT, you fuckin dumb Calgarians  :lol: ) tight ass hot pants and wearing the superhero mask, freshly shaven pits. MMMM mmm MMM. what ain't there to love!!?? I need to find some clips of her banging the mat.  :jerk:

also YEAH!! Victoria. Hope she beats the shit outta Christy Hemme.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Man, I love the Canadian crowds.  "You screwed Matt!  You screwed Matt!"  Fuckin' rights, Matt didn't deserve getting shit on like that.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Man, I love the Canadian crowds.  "You screwed Matt!  You screwed Matt!"  Fuckin' rights, Matt didn't deserve getting shit on like that.

The "You screwed Matt" chants have been occuring on a weekly basis, though.

Offline flipsy

Wreslting is really lame nowadays.  Its all about Making out on the cameras with weird looking peeps (ie. Viscera)

...and Jonh Cena.... :evil:

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
I disagree. I still enjoy watching wrestling...even though it's not as good as the Attitude days.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Sennichikou