JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - Comm Ave.

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 793706 times)

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #860 on: March 13, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
Jiyeon is so spazzy...and Eunjung is so touchy...it's adorable  :lol:
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #861 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »
awww nice PB. follow em on twitter to get these pix : @TARA_Sparkle http://twitter.com/TARA_Sparkle/status/179141372610232320/photo/1 :hip angel: girlbonding

:wriggly:

hey did y'all see this Berryz工房 vs T-ara?? not sure if Kid_Alpha posted on the previous page lol. but as seen in the Korean Shibal KPop x H!P Thread posted by wordsworth :grin:

:lol:

YAY!! The girls take part in the Japanese tradition of BUTT WRASSLIN :shakeit: XD

Then Momo takes over :lol:

Let's grrrooove tonight!

DOWNLOAD 2012/03/07 魁!音楽番付Eight

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #862 on: March 14, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »
From allkpoop:

T-ara to undergo member change?

7 member idol group T-ara is currently gathering much attention, as it was revealed that a potential member change was imminent.

On March 14th, it was revealed through Core Contents Media CEO Kim Kwang Soo, that T-ara would experience a major change in the dynamics of the group, including a potential shift in members.

Kim revealed, “Regardless of T-ara’s current popularity and skill, we are planning a major change for the group in April, so that the group can be upgraded to another level.” He continued, “This change not only includes group concept, but also the members.”

T-ara debuted in 2009 as a five member group and underwent lineup changes as the group continued to release number 1 hits such as “Roly Poly“, “Cry Cry” and, “Lovey Dovey“. They have even obtained considerable success in Japan, as their remakes of “Roly Poly” and “Bo Beep Bo Beep” charted high on the Oricon Charts.

Fans and netizens alike are currently busy speculating as to what kind of changes the group will experience come April.

And from t-araworld:

On March 14th, Kim Kwangsoo stated, "The changes will encompass the team's music color, group concept and even possible changes in the members. Inside this big mold we are thinking of making changes to aid in the improved growth of T-ara".

Za original: http://news.nate.com/view/20120314n22990

Wut wut.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #863 on: March 14, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »
Ughh my heart really sank. I'm not worried if they add a member or form subgroups or whatever, but if someone has to leave... :(

I mean I shouldn't be worried I guess, staying relevant seems entirely possible in K-Ent even after leaving one group, but wofjaowefji T-ARA D:

At least in better news, T-ara finally received a vacation and have time off till weekend... Except for Jiyeon, who has Dream High 2 filming.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Azagrath

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #864 on: March 14, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »
Vague statement is vague!  :huhuh

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. New member(s), loss of members (Boram and Qri already being speculated as being "dead weight" and expendable), sub-units...

Kim Kwang Soo is an incompetent moron anyways, so I expect the worst unfortunately.  :angry:

Edit: seems like this could be the usual Allkpop mistranslation bullshit. Some people are saying it's likely referring to a change in the members image/concept, and not indicative of anyone joining and/or leaving. Let's hope for the best.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:25:54 PM by Azagrath »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #865 on: March 14, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
^ Hence the second translation. Notice that everything has "potential" before it. Allkpop throws EVERYTHING out of proportions just to get some headlines. :P

Wasn't there talk about adding more members before... I forget. Guess I wouldn't mind more...

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #866 on: March 14, 2012, 04:13:09 PM »
Well, I won't complain about new members if it happens though I don't think I can handle a new wave of posts hating on it in my tags but it seems more like they're changing the concept or image of T-Ara rather than adding new members. Another translation said,..

Kim revealed, "The changes will encompass the team’s music color, group concept and even changes in the members. Inside this big mold we are thinking of making changes to aid in the improved growth of T-ara." He added, "This change not only includes group concept, but also revamping members."

I don't know but sounds like they'll switch around vocals or something rather than adding or losing members.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #867 on: March 14, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
T-erryz FTW! Never thought I'd see the day when my current favorite and past favorite groups from 2 music genres come together. So cool. I wanted to see Captain standing next to Boram, that would've been funny :lol:

Honestly I've been avoiding/indifferent about T-ara's recent activities, mainly cuz they've gotten so all over the place that it's hard to keep up with them lately. I'm constantly seeing complaints about what CCM is doing to them and stuff, it's like another "Damn you, Tsunku" all over again. :lol: I think the reason is because T-ara is CCM's first idol group and they don't know how to go about taking care of idol activities. I guess Supernova would technically be the first but they're more popular in Japan and China than their native Korea. If you look at the current and past artists/groups of CCM (Davichi, Seeya, SG Wannabe...) they are more singers than idol groups, and you don't see many of those artists on variety shows (with the exception of Lee Hyori) other than music shows. But anyway, that's one of the reasons why T-ara's fanclub has been delayed for years simply because in the past (according to articles, "30 years") CCM has never had a fanclub for any of their artists until now. Plus their CEO is a weird guy too and that just adds on to the craziness. lol  But I gotta say because of all that T-ara has finally become popular these days (from a fan made ranking list they are 3rd, just behind 2NE1 and SNSD, but I would say maybe 4th or 5th-ish cuz I would put Wonder Girls in the top 3). And now this vague group change statement, very Tsunku-ish <_< Just hope it doesn't dramatically change everything, they've gone through enough already.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #868 on: March 15, 2012, 12:28:17 AM »
I can't say I know what goes on in their heads, but you would think there's no way they're gonna add/remove members. Isn't T-ara just now starting to gain a sort of "mass" popularity? I don't see how it makes sense to make a change like that when people are really starting to like the cast they have now...Though I'd be more upset about a removal than an addition, since the Hwayoung addition was initially a little odd, but now I love Hwayoung XD.

Celebratory Hwayoung gif:

and a bonus adorable jumbo soyeon boing boing gif (too big to post directly): http://i.minus.com/iL4eDTwQAxX1i.gif
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #869 on: March 15, 2012, 02:58:03 AM »
T-ara to become 7~9 members, including replacing members

Core Contents Media's CEO Kim Kwangsoo announced that there will be a big change coming in April. Revealed today, the current seven member group could become eight or nine. Whether it's an addition of members, or replacing members, is not yet decided.

The purpose isn't to remove or to add but to give the members who give effort and display their skills more opportunities through activities. This is intended to introduce the principle of a competition so the opportunities aren't given to the members who are prideful and lazy.

Kim Kwangoo commented, "I've had 30 years of experience and have done much with singers starting as rookies. After three years as activities as a singer, pride and laziness is effected. Stress becomes a bigger deal and it gets harder. You can't win the competition with this type of mindset. This is what has ruined a lot of singers. If there's no effort or there is no singing skills, the members will not be given parts (measures) to sing."

Kim Kwangsoo also that to take T-ara onto another level and in order to develop the group further, T-ara's music style and concepts will change, including the group members. More information will be released on April 7th.

Meanwhile, T-ara will create a fanclub and hold a concert in July.
Translated by: Nathaniel + maknaes. @ Diadem

Oh. I take back what I said then.

But I have this to say, WTF Kwangsoo.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #870 on: March 15, 2012, 03:17:43 AM »
So is this the birth of "Damn you, Kwangsoo" ? :P

This, at least in part, reeks of a shameless publicity stunt! "We're gonna do something, but we don't know what exactly!"

Or maybe it's just to keep the girls on their toes. So, who's been complaining about schedules lately? Hmm... Jiyeon. Heh. Good thing she's popular.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #871 on: March 15, 2012, 03:24:19 AM »
WTF indeed. I hope Kwangsoo is just trolling the fans. They got April fools day in Korea too right? Even though the announcement is coming on the 7th hah.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #872 on: March 15, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »
Okay now there's a rumor that Hwayoung will join Co-Ed as a new member. ( ̄へ ̄;)

I can't deal with this.. I'm just gonna take a break from it, it's just too frustrating/confusing.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #873 on: March 15, 2012, 04:02:49 AM »
Wow, that's...terrible...I'm actually worried for Boram in particular, a lot of that stuff about being stressed out, being unable to "win the competition" with that mindset, and being given less parts...I wouldn't be surprised to see her go...all in all though this is a pretty dick move. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I guess...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #874 on: March 15, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »
WTF it's not enough for them to stress out the members, but they have to stress out the fans as well? >_<

And doesn't all of T-ara already work their butts off??

Ughh

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #875 on: March 15, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
So episode 10 of pretty boys is subbed. I haven't watched it yet but it looks like a good episode since it looks like it's just the girls.
Check it out at the subbers blog

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #876 on: March 16, 2012, 02:22:04 AM »
Poor girls, they have the King Asshole of all k-pop CEO's. Others like YG and JYP give an impression of being more like a real mentor to their artists. But this guy truly has come off as the King Asshole. I agree with the "if it's not broken, don't fix it".

These girls already have their individual fanbases. So how dare he just threaten with kicking some of them out? Does he have that little respect for the fans that keep his company afloat? Does he have that little consideration for his employes, the ones who bring the money in for him?

WOW. I'd just quit lol 

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #877 on: March 17, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #878 on: March 17, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
^ Wow Jiyeon doesn't move her hands... at all... :lol:

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #879 on: March 19, 2012, 12:28:29 AM »

No Eunjung and Cry Cry looks kind of funny without the backup dancers.

Also Hwayoung being ever so adorable. :D

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - Comm Ave.