JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Super Girl Ai Wu Wei

Author Topic: Official CFL Thread  (Read 93654 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official CFL Thread
« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »
^ Taking life the POSITIVE route. When people write you off, just keep working hard :yep:

Just like Rashad Jeanty is back! Dude went off and quite the career in the NFL, tho suffered the past few seasons with a broken leg and got cut by the Eagles. He can provide plenty of leadership for the Esks.

Free-agent defensive lineman Rashad Jeanty is back with the CFL's Edmonton Eskimos.

Jeanty, 28, started his pro career with the Eskimos in 2003 and won two Grey Cups with Edmonton over three seasons.

The Miami native departed for the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals following the Eskimos' 2005 Grey Cup win.

"It's great to welcome Rashad back to the Eskimos," Eskimo general manager Eric Tillman said Monday in a news release.

"He left as a champion after the 2005 Grey Cup and he's eager to help us return to that elite level.

In our conversations, we talked about how much winning two championships in Edmonton meant to him, and about his deep gratitude to Paul Jones (Eskimo assistant general manager) who brought him to the CFL as a 19-year-old kid back in 2003."

source: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Jeanty+returns+Eskimos/6112351/story.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #361 on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »
wow. fuckin free agent blitz. How did Fantuz cash in? With the Ti-cats lol GOOD LUCK! Esks keep getting depleted with Davis and Peach leaving, and MESSAM! Come on Dolphins. but hope Carr is good, never heard much of him on the blue Bombers.

But the CFL Family lost two members. Champions. :/

RIP Warren Hudson

He was a devastating blocker who routinely drove opposing defenders into the ground. But Warren Hudson will also be remembered as someone who never kicked a fellow player when he was down.

Hudson, who was named the top Canadian in the 1990 Grey Cup, died Thursday of brain cancer. He was 49.

"Warren was so competitive, so driven yet didn't have an ego," said Don Moen, a former teammate of Hudson's with the Toronto Argonauts. "He was the kind of guy who would run over someone, then go over and help him up.

"He's probably the greatest person I've ever known. Warren and his family never ceased to amaze me, they never once asked 'Why?"'

Moen routinely overcame injury to appear in a club-record 222 games over 13 seasons with the Argos. But he said it was Hudson who was the epitome of toughness and class, on and off the football field.

and just hours ago...RIP Cal Murphy

Cal Murphy, a former coach of the Lions and member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame who had an uncanny work ethic and an ability to scout talent that matched, died Saturday in Regina, He was 79.

The CFL legend had been in a Regina hospital for the past week, and it was not the first time of such an occurance. He had undergone numerous heart procedures over the years only to recover each time, and had been working in the game he loved almost until his passing.

Murphy and Wally Buono are the only Canadian-raised coaches to win a Grey Cup. His most recent public appearance in Vancouver was in 2010 at the Orange Helmet Awards in which he was honoured with a lifetime achievement award two weeks after suffering congestive heart failure.

Murphy was a press box regular at Mosiac Stadium in Regina serving in his capacity as a regional scout for the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts, which this winter again signed two CFL standouts, Justin Hickman of Hamilton and Jerrell Freeman of the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

“It’s not a full-time job but it keeps me busy,” Murphy told The Province’s Tony Gallagher in an interview just prior to the 99th Grey Cup in Vancouver last year. “You know when I finished coaching I came home and was cleaning the blinds and it was driving me crazy and I said to my wife, I hate doing this’. I just belong in the game, I guess.”

much with the CFL being a small league, he went from team to team. These losses touch us all :(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #362 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »
For so long, he was a huge part of, if not THE core of the Blue Bomber organization. He played a huge role in landing Peg Sheety our first Grey Cup hosting gig in 1991.  What a lot of people don't know is that Mr. Murphy was actually born in and lived part of his childhood in Winnipeg. Regardless of where he went and who he worked for, 'Peggers always have (and always will) considered him to be "one of us".

R.I.P. Mr. Murphy.
:prayers:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2012, 03:06:26 AM »
No doubt. A REAL CHAMP. Cal honoured by the Eskimos, a part of their Warren Moon led 5 straight titles. He was part of nine Grey Cup-winning teams!!! 

February 19, 2012

Edmonton Eskimos
ESKS.com Staff

Cal Murphy, legendary CFL coach, member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and ex-Edmonton Eskimo assistant coach, died Saturday in Regina following a lengthy illness.

During his long and distinguished career, Murphy was an assistant during the Esks’ Five in a Row dynasty (1978 – 1982). That success would lead the Winnipeg born Murphy to being named G.M. and Head Coach of his hometown Blue Bombers in 1983. He won back to back CFL Coach of the Year awards in 1983 and ’84 and presided over the most successful era in that franchise’s history.

Former Eskimo Head Coach, GM and President Hugh Campbell says, "Cal's influence on the CFL covers the full scope of football in Canada.  He made sure we stuck with our Canadian rules and continually stood up for our League.  On a personal note, I learned a great deal from my friend, Cal, about football and life.  His big personality was a treasure." 

Murphy finished up his coaching career with Saskatchewan (1997 – 1999) before taking a scouting job with Indianapolis Colts

http://www.esks.com/article/eskimos-mourn-the-passing-of-cal-murphy-march-12-1932-february-18-2012

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
Aside from the retirement of  beloved #97 (defensive tackle Doug Brown), there be lotsa news from Bomber-land!

Still at Canad Inns in August?
Blue 'Plan B' could see multiple games in old stadium
By: Paul Wiecek | Posted: 03/23/2012 1:00 AM

The front office of the Winnipeg Football Club said publicly for the first time Thursday something they had maintained was unthinkable less than two months ago -- the Blue Bombers could be playing at old Canad Inns Stadium deep into the 2012 CFL season due to construction delays on the new stadium at the University of Manitoba.

Bombers CEO Garth Buchko -- who less than two months ago categorically ruled out the Bombers playing anywhere this year other than their new Investors Group Field -- conceded with continuing uncertainty surrounding a completion date on the new stadium, team management has a contingency plan that could see the club playing at Canad Inns Stadium into August.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/still-at-canad-inns-in-august-143939546.html
:doh:

Now personally, if they do end up needing to delay the opening of the new stadium, I'm going to wait until it opens before I try to get tickets to attend a game. The last game I attended at the old stadium was the victory the Bombers had that sent us to last year's Grey Cup. THAT is what I want my final memories of the stadium to be.

Blue send sackmaster packing
Labelled a distraction, Willis traded to Saskatchewan
By: Adam Wazny | Posted: 03/23/2012 1:00 AM

The self-appointed Mayor of Swaggerville no longer had the votes in Winnipeg.

After months of speculation that Odell Willis was unhappy with the team, the Blue Bombers finally traded the enigmatic defensive end to the Saskatchewan Roughriders Thursday afternoon.

The Bombers received the Riders second-round pick (8th overall) and fourth round pick (23rd overall) in the 2012 CFL draft. Winnipeg also sent a fifth round pick to the Riders in the 2013 draft, while the Bombers stand to gain another pick in the '13 draft, on the condition Willis signs a contract extension with Saskatchewan.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blue-send-sackmaster-packing-143939646.html

So much for a return to Swaggerville this season?

Winnipeg Blue Bombers cheerleaders go co-ed for 2012 season
By: The Canadian Press | Posted: 03/27/2012 10:50 AM

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are changing their familiar cheerleader squad as they plan the move into a new stadium sometime later this year.

The team announced Tuesday that the Blue Lightning will go co-ed and add athletic stunts to their on-field routines.

They've drafted coaches from the University of Manitoba Bison cheer squad to help make the transition.

The Bombers' new home, Investors Group Field, is located on the campus of the province's largest university.

Tryouts for the new-look squad will take place April 22.

Exactly when the Bombers will play at their new stadium remains up in the air due to construction delays and likely won't be known until after May 1.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/winnipeg-blue-bombers-cheerleaders-go-co-ed-for-2012-season-144384505.html

LINK - http://www.bluebombers.com/page/cheer-team

Bomber fans will pick four greats to adorn new stadium's gates
By: Paul Wiecek | Posted: 03/28/2012 1:00 AM

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have turned over the task of customizing the exterior of new Investors Group Field to their fans.

The club revealed Tuesday that they will pay tribute to four former Bomber greats with two-storey high signs marking each of the four main gates at the new stadium going up on the grounds of the University of Manitoba.

Jeffrey Bannon, the Bombers manager of brand development, said internal discussions to pick which former Bomber greats would get honoured produced such a long list of good choices that the club decided to simply turn the process over to fans.

Fans can vote from a list of 20 nominees posted on the Bombers website -- www.bluebombers.com

"As we were going through who should be on the list of four, we found that everyone seemed to have a different list," said Bannon. "It became a great water cooler discussions and so we finally decided we don't have the right to decide -- let's let the fans decide.

"We made a list of 10 and decided, no, not good enough. So then it was 12, 14 and finally we decided on a list of 20 names people can choose from."

Bannon said the banners -- which will measure about 20-feet by 8-feet and feature likenesses of each player along with the Investors Group logo and gate number -- will be permanent installations at each gate and will come to represent familiar landmarks for fans to meet up on game day.

"People will be like, 'I'll meet you at Milt (Stegall) or I'll meet you at Joe (Poplawski). It will be a great place for fans to stop."

Bannon said he got the idea from a visit to the new MetLife Stadium in New York, where each of the gates is branded by a corporate sponsor. "They didn't pay homage to their history because it's kind of tough since both the Giants and Jets play there," said Bannon. "But it's different here and we have the opportunity to pay homage to such great alumni. We have tons of hall-of-famers that we can pay tribute to."

Fans can vote for up to four players at a time and as often as once a day. Only former players made the list of nominees, and former coaches like Bud Grant and Cal Murphy are conspicuous by their absence.

The 20 nominees are: Greg Battle, Dieter Brock, Doug Brown, Bob Cameron, Tom Clements, Matt Dunigan, Rod Hill, Rick House, Jack Jacobs, Gerry James, Khari Jones, Tyrone Jones, Leo Lewis, James Murphy, Ken Ploen, Joe Poplawski, Willard Reaves, Charlie Roberts, Milt Stegall and Chris Walby.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/meet-you-at-milt-144560485.html
LINK TO VOTE - http://www.bluebombers.com/page/main-gate-signage

My votes (in no particular order): Chris Walby, Bob Cameron, Dieter Brock, Milt Stegall  :thumbsup

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #365 on: May 01, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »
The CFL has decided to go with a new/re-engineered jersey design for all teams starting with this upcoming season. East division teams unveiled theirs today, while the West division teams will do theirs tomorrow.

Here's what the Blue Bombers will be sporting this year:

SOURCE: http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/54366/winnipeg-blue-bombers-new-jerseys-2012-season-home-away-photos/

SOURCE: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Bombers-to-wear-Gold-on-the-road-149675815.html

Press release from the Blue Bombers' official website:
Blue Bombers unveil new jerseys
2012-05-01

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers unveiled their new jerseys today, in conjunction with a league-wide initiative in which all eight CFL teams have reengineered Reebok jerseys for the 2012 season.

In an effort to stay true to the Blue and Gold history, the Blue Bombers are dropping their white away jerseys in favour of a new gold jersey that will be worn during all away games.

“We are very excited about the new look of our team and we know our fans will be too,” said President and CEO Garth Buchko.  “There has been a lot of detailing and planning by our organization to come up with this new look and we are very proud of the end result.”

Along with the colour change, the new jersey also has increased elasticity, improved resiliency and moisture wicking technology which will be beneficial to all players that sport them on the field.

Fans can purchase the jerseys now at the Bomber Store.
FULL ARTICLE LINK: http://www.bluebombers.com/article/blue-bombers-unveil-new-jerseys

I'm guessing the popularity of the gold retro jerseys that we've had over the past few seasons was a big factor in the team's decision to get rid of the white jersey for away games.  It's a good thing then that they've also got different pants for home and away, so that they don't have an "all gold, all the time" look.

EDIT: All the new jerseys can be seen on the CFL's official website (or rather, once they've all been unveiled they will be :P ).
http://www.cfl.ca/page/reebok
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:37:57 AM by JFC »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #366 on: May 22, 2012, 08:47:22 PM »
And along with our new jerseys, TPTB here figure they can cash in some more with a new design for Blue Bomber licence plates.

ORIGINAL LINK - http://www.bluebombers.com/article/blue-bombers-unveil-new-licence-plates

Thing is, they're probably right, especially since this design does look a lot better when compared to the design from the first Bomber licence plates that came out last year.
http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/38750/winnipeg-blue-bombers-manitoba-licence-plate/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2012, 07:53:14 AM »
lol I don't get the new jerseys, looks the same. different arm stripes.

Went to the Fan thing a few weeks ago and got Fred Stamps autograph, signed the 13th Man cart with some :hipheart: Coach Kavis Reed as damn nice, lifting kids over the fence to pose.

but didn't bring the camera :doh: I need a smartphone

CFL SEASON STARTS THIS WEEK!! Predictions? Eskimos vs Bombers Grey Cup 100 BitCHES!@

Ricky Ray gonna get his ass kicked Saturday!!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #368 on: July 01, 2012, 06:22:31 AM »
^ rough homecoming although he has a receiver that has some pop :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »
no doubt. And weird to see Jason Barnes in boatmen unis. For all the defensive prowess Marcus Howard and J.C. Sherritt flying FLYING Eskimos gotta bring a better flow to the offense. Steven Jyles still looks shaky but he can make moves with his legs, lol Ricky Ray had to prove he could do it, going for some scrambles. He'll be fine in Toronto.

TONITE!!! GOTTA BEAT THE RIDERS! GO ESKIMOS!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #370 on: July 20, 2012, 10:29:47 AM »
BOOMSHAKAKLALAKAHH ESKIMOS :yep:

LOL speechless Peg Sheety fans?? man tough break with Buck Pierce but that was one fucking fugly football game - lol Jyles going NUTS!!!

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHH CHARLES!!! but man, so sloppy win is a win but lol, thank defense.

lol was gonna go to the game too but tix was sold out - then there was forest fire smoke all over town. AND IT WAS LADIES NITE.

YEAH!! 45 views let's do it CFL lol

he works at Future shop in the offseason? XD via http://www.kerryjoseph.com

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2012, 04:39:47 AM »
LOL speechless Peg Sheety fans??
It was nice when we were able to win. :(

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
LOL speechless Peg Sheety fans??
It was nice when we were able to win. :(

And ESKS keep winning!! HOLY SHIT! Fuck the BC Lions! Jyles going airborne. Defense baby!!

...lol then got hurt. holy shit everyone to the IR.

The fuck are these jerseys lol short week again, Esks in Winnipeg this time! BEST BRING SWAGGERVILLE!

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2012, 01:57:14 AM »
Bombers can't even decide where they want to play, nevermind string a few winning drives together.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #374 on: July 23, 2012, 02:57:49 AM »

it's the CFL. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!! I expectede the Esks to blow the lead everytime haha

lool like Ti-cats and ex-Stamp left for the retirement home Henry Burris went Top 5 GREATEST PERFS. or how bout Stamps going Mike Jordan on the Riders! SHIT!

Nik Fuckin LEWIS! I love this GAME

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #375 on: July 27, 2012, 02:31:14 AM »
Posting live from CanadInns Stadium Hoping to catch the Bombers' first win of the season!!
:prayers:

EDIT: Great half-time tribute for Mr. Cal Murphy. :thumbsup:

EDIT 2: Sitting up in the upper-deck today, and I can see the new stadium from here. :lol:

EDIT 3: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! No more goose-egg! :rockon:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:58:42 PM by JFC »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #376 on: July 27, 2012, 06:06:26 AM »
FUCK!!!!!!!!! Jyles you fucking BITCH!!!!! :banghead: get down earlier OHHHH SHIT at least STamps was clicking. He won GC at s ushi bar for player of the game GO CFL!

oh man, Congrats Bombers, Chad Simpson beasting all purpose back. just a game back of first now XD (for now) HOME FIELD CROWD WOW!!! LEt's see pix guys

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
DOWN GO THE RIDERS!! oh man, great to beat em when they invade your turf. fucking white helmets XD

lots of crazy bounces, esp. like this

pounding it just enough JYLES is lookin better and better, DEFENSE gets it done! couple of fumbles cashed in! YES Joe Burnett

Ronnie Prude is okay too. shit looked scary for a while.

West is so tight, just a game apart. between 4 clubs.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2012, 04:30:58 AM »
^^ lol what happened Burris. ROLLING UP. Bombers can take first place...if Edmonton does its job :doh:

AC gotta mad respect Cavilllo but really?? LAST MINUTE BOYD

great running, Kerry Joseph calmed dem the fuck down ESKS GOT DIS!!! fuck I don't care if it's 28-8 at the half

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »
LaPolice just got fired? WTF, SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Blue Bombers fire head coach Paul LaPolice
The Canadian Press
Posted: Aug 25, 2012 2:48 PM ET | Last Updated: Aug 25, 2012 3:43 PM ET

Paul LaPolice has paid the price for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' losing season.

The CFL team fired its head coach on Saturday and replaced him with defensive co-ordinator Tim Burke.

The announcement comes a day after the Blue Bombers dropped 20-17 decision at home to the B.C. Lions to fall to 2-6 on the season, last in the East Division.

LaPolice was in his third season in Winnipeg and leaves the team with a 16-28 record.

After taking over for the fired Mike Kelly after the 2009 season, the Bombers struggled to a league-low 4-14 record in 2010.

But Winnipeg rebounded in a big way the next year, winning the East Division with a 10-8 mark before losing 34-23 to the B.C. Lions in the 2011 Grey Cup final.

Just months after LaPolice was given a two-year contract extension, the Bombers stumbled out of the gates this season and went 0-4. Winnipeg didn't register its first win until a 23-22 home victory against the Edmonton Eskimos on July 26.

LaPolice came to Winnipeg after three season in Saskatchewan, first as a receivers coach, then as offensive co-ordinator as the Riders went to the 2009 Grey Cup finals.

He became Winnipeg's 28th head coach when he was hired Feb. 5, 2010.

"This was an extremely difficult decision to make especially when dealing with the kind of quality individual as Paul is," Blue Bombers vice-president and general manager Joe Mack said in a statement. "As the season has progressed, and looking back on how we struggled throughout the second half of the year in 2011, we have become increasingly concerned with the direction of our club and felt this was in the best interest of our entire organization."
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/story/2012/08/25/sp-cfl-winnipeg-blue-bombers-paul-lapolice-fired.html

If anyone, it should be Joe Mack's ass that's on the line right now. We lost a GOOD chunk of our experienced, core players over the off-season, either because Mack traded them or because he chose to NOT try hard enough to keep them.  Seriously, how the fuck does he and the team's board of governors expect LaPolice to keep coaching a 1st place, competitive team (like we had last year) when 20-50% of our starting lineup has less than 2 full season's worth of experience?  He can only do his best with what he's been given.  LaPolice is a good coach, but you can't expect him (or any coach, for that matter), to be able to match what we did last season when the make-up of the team has been changed so radically. 

You need good, quality ingredients, put together and cooked the proper way to make a good, tasty dish. Similarly, in order to make/have a strong, winning team you need a good set of experienced players who know the game and who have the knowledge/instincts of what to do in the heat of the moment of a game.  Joe Mack and the management have NOT given that to LaPolice this season, and now they're firing him because he hasn't been able to get results with what he HAS been given? Give...me...a...muthafuckin...break. No way in hell that he deserves getting shafted like this.
:fuckyou: :angry: :fuckyou: :angry: :fuckyou: :angry: :fuckyou:

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Super Girl Ai Wu Wei