JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 4 Walls

Author Topic: (Group) Chocolat (쇼콜라)  (Read 124663 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: (Group) Chocolat (쇼콜라) - Korea's First Bi-Racial Girl Group
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 07:35:43 AM »
and it's all the TIME!!!! new lives. the dance is pretty weak XD

nice boob grab there.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »
All this Bi-racial. I really dont see it XD

Just lotsa cute camwhore pix  :D

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 06:24:39 AM »

Wow, I don't know if it's because it's been awhile since I've seen them perform but this whole stage here was flawless.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »
Some new lives of their new song "I Like It":

Seems Jae Yoon is MIA from all of these for some reason. I appreciate them clearly singing this live, for better or worse XD

As for the song itself, not bad. Nice dance track, catchy enough. I suppose you could even say..."I like it." God. I'm sorry. I'll never do that again.
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Jsx

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • mmmm......
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 12:27:15 AM »
what happened to the other 1? there were 5 weren't there?

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 02:02:33 AM »
Yeah, Jae Yoon is the one missing...from what I read (from a youtube comment, I think, so take this with a grain of salt), she's sick and will not be promoting this song with the other 4 girls. As far as I know she's not out of the group, or something.
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 07:47:56 AM »

Jaeyoon still missing...or what?

edit: full MV.

I like the song, and I especially like that we get to see close-ups of other members this time (though, still a heavy dose of Tia)...but LMAO @ that bag man...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:04:18 PM by DioBrando »

Offline Painkiller

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 04:15:58 AM »
are there any fancams out there ? i could only find 2-3 of them ?  :?

Offline crazyboy125

• ecchi
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 06:02:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised the Tia fancams haven't gotten more attention in the forums:

Offline DeathRealm

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Not sure if i'm allowed to post this here or not, maybe should be in the kpop perv but anyone else notice the huge amount of panty shots in the tia fancam?

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 10:38:37 AM »
^ Seeing as Tia is 15, no, you really aren't allowed to even discuss this. But feel free to perv on her starting March 15th, 2015.

Offline DeathRealm

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »
O my bad, didn't even check her age. I just checked out the music video and then the fan cam and noticed it. My bad, wasn't trying to do anything sexual more of a statement but my bad.

Offline limluetao

• ecchi
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 02:43:39 PM »
They have such big piercing eyes O.O

Offline JennyReign

• ecchi
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 07:25:40 AM »
Not a big fan of them..yet but they show alot of promise.

Am I being overly sensitive or are some of their routines abit too mature for their age?

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
:finland:

So, I finally got into Chocolat. Why only now, you ask, kind reader? Well, let me tell you.

Obvious red flags and the mixed race gimmick aside, mostly it was because I simply thought their debut song Syndrome was a disaster, an alright song ruined by some truly irritating segments. Dance not too amazing either. So, you know, not great first impressions. I did randomly catch "One More Day" at some point and thought it was a big improvement in every single way. Of course the song was hardly the focus of discussion... Anyway, after that they seemed to simply disappear.

Then not too long ago I randomly saw a recent fan cam'd perf of "I Like It" and loved all the energy on stage and the wild hair spinning and the song (that I heard for the first time, too). Melanie had gone blonde so that caught my eye too. There were simply enough things going the right way, so I thought, why not, let's see what's going on with them.

What is this I don't even

Just when I was starting to catch up, and see what else (if anything) had happened with Chocolat, I discovered they just did a video chat with their fans and I proceeded to watch what was pretty much ~2 hours of teenage girl craziness. Yeah, it was a little random, and downright embarrassing to watch at times, but hey, ain't that one of the things that make idols so great? A few things separate this video from the most, though:

•  It's unadulterated, unedited and long... feels real, yo.
•  It's completely in English (well with the occasional Korean thrown in) so one can understand it exactly without stuff lost in translation.
•  The girls, Melanie especially, are really honest and open. Probably has a lot to do with age, relative obscurity and the mixed thing.
•  The company (allegedly, at least) had no idea they were doing it. Here comes trouble?
•  Despite being in the biz for a while, the girls are still young. Mel & Tia are 15, and Juliane is 19. It makes me wonder if it would have been a different kind of chat if Soa, the 23-year old leader, was there to control some of the comments. But she had a schedule and couldn't attend.

Cast of Characters

•  Tia is super duper cute, she's totally like a semi-drowsy content little kitten throughout the chat.
•  Melanie is a slightly bonkers and hyper, sassy anime geek who handles all the chat trolls admirably. She gets called a Russian prostitute, asked if she was born retarded and is requested to go away, and she just fires back with a smile.
•  Juliane is ... uhh... so fine. Sooooo fine. Yeah. Seriously speaking, she's really girly cute and feminine, and stands out even more in that way because she's accompanied by two 15-year olds. Anything she does is just... kinda, sorta seductive... lol. Or maybe it's just me. Which is ok.

Some Teedbeets

•  The biggest news-worthy item comes when Tia reveals that Jaeyoon, the missing fifth member, never had any health problems but simply left the group because of issues with the company. The girls still keep in touch with her. This revelation comes with the request to fans not to blame the company too much, and not to spread this video around. Well, since it's the internet... good luck with that. I really hope they don't get into any trouble over this, though. But it's been a while, and they're kinda obscure by now, so... safe, maybe.

•  They have two songs all set for a comeback, one of them is "sweet and cute", but they don't know which one they will promote. A "sweet and cute" song would no doubt help with anyone who's had a problem with Mel & Tia's dancing at times, but I really like the fierce "I Like It" performances etc. We'll see.

•  Melanie's mom is in the house, and at one point farts so loudly you can clearly hear it in the stream. The girls crack up big time, and it prompts Melanie to talk about her own farts and "number twos" in the already established Melanie fashion. "There's not one American woman I've met who's been ashamed of a good loud fart." It's weird, because I had no idea idols poop and fart. TIL indeed. Well, ok, I knew about Hyomin.

•  I read that there was someone called "AnalAvenger" in the chat asking the girls if they "Lez out with each other" among other nice things. At one point we get the golden comment from Mel: "That anal guy keeps coming in and out..." Oh, the internet...

•  They do a lot of singing and rapping (Rapper T in da house) bits, Mel bursting into song from the slightest provocation, from Hyuna's "Ice Cream" and 4minute's "Volume Up" to Spice Girls' "Wannabe" and Madonna's "Like a Virgin", which prompts the most hilarious "...Maybe we shouldn't..." from Juliane when they get to the "Touched for the very first..." bit...

•  They do get asked a lot about their ideal types and the usual stuff, but it gets pretty funny when Tia reveals she "ships" Melanie and Juliane with some B.A.P dudes and goes off on a tangent. Juliane does say that none of them are that picky about "looks, height or anything physical like that". Or race, Mel adds.

•  If they ever get into a fight, they have a sacred oath to immediately start headbanging to Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" until the situation settles down. You should learn from that, world leaders.

•  They have no say in their stage outfits or hair colour and whatnot, although that was kind of obvious.

•  The girls are all home-schooled via some online American school program.

•  They also mentioned they had a 2 month break from schedules and are now back in action. Mel spent 10 days of that time in New York.

So yeah, that was a pretty refreshing kind of a watch. If totally lengthy and random. Props to the girls. Let's picspam a little now...

Melanie, her going blonde was a great idea (though she mentioned in the chat she's not sure if she'll stay blonde for the comeback) coz I think it suits her great. She's a great dancer and now seemingly the main vocal along with Soa. And as we've learned, she's a no-bullshit, relatively bonkers anime geek, what's not to like?

<- With her dad and Ludacris. Guess which is which.

Tia, Tia, Tia... the "face" of the group, and no doubt its most skilled dancer. Always the one surrounded by controversy caused, among other things, by the fact that she sometimes looks (and dances) mature way beyond her actual age. If you thought youtube comments were a wasteland before, I don't even know how to describe some of the stuff Tia's fancams get. Sheesh. In stark contrast to her stage antics, she really is just the cutest thing off stage. [noembed]"Jiyeon-unniiiee!"[/noembed] (Someone asked her to do that again in the chat, and she did... xD)

Well hello there. Honestly, Juliane is probably the least skilled dancer in the group, but you don't often see such a... meaty girl in kpop. She's like an amazon out there. And in general, she's just a gorgeous individual. Sweet and feminine. Too bad she's not "good with twitter" (even though I fell for her even more when she said that, lol...) so not as much selca picspam for her. But have some gifs.

And then there's Soa, the 23-year old leader, a beautiful lady as well. She's the only full Korean left in the group, and since she was missing from the chat vid I don't know THAT much about her yet.

Group pics. So, anyway, all things considered, Chocolat is a pretty unique group. I dig the girls and I'm now very interested in their upcoming comeback, which is set to take place... "soon". Whether it's "sweet and cute" or just downright fierce, it's all good, one way or the other.

Oh right, first part of their debut story thang. Only recently subbed, though it's from 2011.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:32:39 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 06:22:47 PM »

Chocolat appeared on Arirang "Sound K" Radio on the New Year's eve and did a live cover of "Moves Like Jagger" among other things. The interview and appearance on the show was longer, but this is the only video footage I think.

These rips of the show I listened to weren't ideal, because there's a ton of random skipping and cuts throughout. So I missed out on a lot of stuff, like Tia talking more extensively about her falling off the stage incident etc. Melanie & Tia seem to do most of the talking, comments from Soa and Juliane are few and far between... I'll see if I can find a better rip, but here's some new stuff I caught:

--

•  Melanie's 2012 resolution was to grow taller - it was a success. (160->162cm)
•  Tia's 2012 resolution was to stop growing taller - she failed. (169->171cm)

•  Mel would still like to grow taller, but she enjoys being short, she stands out more and gets the highest heels. :P

•  Melanie loves Ailee (she sings a bit of I Will Show You), and hopes to some day be able to sing like her too.
•  Tia's really into Hip Hop and really likes Drunken Tiger, Epik High and especially Tablo and his "unique" rapping style.
•  I think Soa lists some rock groups she's into, but this part cuts off so I'm not too sure.

•  Their resolution for 2013 is to get a successful album/single into top 10 or top 20. They again mention that one of the new songs is "slower, sweeter" but it kinda cuts off here again.
•  Mel would love to perform in musicals, Rapper T would love to get better at rapping and get featured on some tracks. She does a bit of a rap from some tune by Big Bang's Top.

•  Melanie wants to perform in Thailand, Soa would love to perform in Australia, since she lived there for five years.

•  They're all big eaters, but Tia eats anything and everything (sea cucumber, chicken feet, etc).
•  Tia's father is a pilot (on a South Korea - Philippines route).
•  Juliane's dad, sister and American side of the family are all in the States.

•  Melanie says "Same Thing To Her / One More Day" got them a lot more fans, she really likes the song and the lyrics, and - when asked - says the males "didn't not like" the performance at least. Heh.

•  They had (still have?) an underground dorm with five (now four?) girls in one room (with cabinets) and one bathroom. How very Secret-esque.
•  Tia says that they've gotten so close while living together that she would say her members are her family. Aww.
•  Again, Melanie admits she openly farts "very loud" (in the dorm, at least) and thinks it always makes everyone happy.

•  Condensed closing words, what Chocolat is all about: "We're fun, we're young, we're crazy, we're different, we're relatable, we're down to earth, there's a lot of sides of us that not everyone hasn seen yet, we love communicating with our fans (trying to reply on twitter as much as they can etc)"

The skippy/jumpy radio show rips on tube.

Gonna go through Mel's most recent solo appearance next.

Hanging out with Bring The Noiz, which prompts speculation that they're collaborating on something. Maybe something for the new Chocolat release?

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »
While we're in here showin Chocolat some love, new Tia selca  :heart:

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
Alright.... I'm here. Lets get the party started.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »
^ Ahh Juliane, so awkward... :heart:
^^ Tia also tweeted that the mask is just fashion thang and not a medical accessory. Rapper T gangsta fashion. 8)

Right, Mel had a solo appearance recently in Arirang Radio along with Seungjun from A-Prince. Mel was bubbly babbly as usual but it was a little silly that they had someone who didn't really speak English as the other guest, which caused a lot of the time to be wasted in translations.

Some stuff:

•  Melanie got a chance to audition for Chocolat through Tia, who was already in the project. She made it in after just a single audition, the first and only audition she ever attended (Mel felt kinda bad about saying that because the k-dude in the studio had just described going through a ton of auditions lol). She spent 2,5 years as a trainee before Chocolat debuted. All of the halfie's moms actually knew each other before the Chocolat thang, and that's how Juliane was found as well. More of this is explained in the Heart to Heart segment (3:50+ or so) below.

•  They've been learning a little Japanese, or Chinese, but on their own time, so J-domination is probably not in the works quite yet. Mel was very interested in learning Japanese but she found out she wasn't very good at it.

•  Mel talked about one incident that happened during the old dorm life. She was too scared to go to the bathroom alone at night in the dark underground dorm, and always either had to wake someone else up or turn all the lights on which of course didn't go that well with the other members trying to sleep. So one night they just locked the door while she was in the bathroom and turned all the lights off. Mel got really upset and "screamed her head off". She was sure the others enjoyed it, though. Ah, so cruel...

•  When asked what her favorite subject in school is, Melanie answers "Lunch." :lol: after further inquiry, she answers "History, social studies".

•  Chocolat girls go to karaoke/singing rooms often and Mel describes it thusly: "We go all the time, we love it, we live there. Every time we have time, we go. We go crazy, we are one of those wild party animals, once we go... it's our own world, we start like screaming, we like, hit the walls."

•  The ideal type stuff again... Mel reiterates what she said in the web chat, and says it doesn't really matter, and as long as they like her, she'll probably like them back. She does say she likes a nice smile and dimples.

•  More role models... she's a huge fan of Lee Hyori (if I heard right) and Beyonce + Destiny's Child. All the other members love Beyonce too, but Mel the most, it seems.

•  Melanie seems to like Tablo a lot too - more praise for his singing/rapping combo style - from the video chat I thought it was just Tia who was into him.

•  Sadly no fart talk.

Not much English/Eng-subbed stuff out there, but Arirang TV to the rescue. Heart to Heart talk segment with our three halfies in English, from way back.

They talk about how they got into the group, their debut, show some talents and watch a bunch Syndrome fan cover videos. Gotta love the part where Melanie says how the girls weren't really at all excited or happy about the Syndrome song at first. Good instincts, gurls. After they got good feedback, they started to dig it, though. Also love the talk about how Mel pretty much has to force herself to stay calm now that she's an idol and stuff about her selfish stage habits, like doing totally unpredictable things in her solos. Juliane sings a bit of Natalie Imbruglia's Torn and I have to say, she's improved a lot since this was shot, lol. Mel sings a bit of some Park Bom tune, not sure if it's a 2NE1 track though.

Another vid from Arirang, introductory sorta thang from the debut days.

--

Gif time! Some more random stuff I've made. All in da stash.

Sound K                         debut story      gag concert

da web chat

ETN Hot Shot

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:54:21 PM by Stryfe »

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 4 Walls