JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - Surrender

Author Topic: [Done] Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest~! <3  (Read 9923 times)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
[Done] Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest~! <3
« on: July 25, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »
Well, old timers and newbs alike should have an inkling of what I'm like...

...I'm a narcissist.

Therefore, why not a celebratory contest in lieu of ... you guessed it... Myself. xDDDDDD -dodges bricks-

My birthday's coming up on August 5th, and I'll be turning oh so legal 18 by then~!

Therefore...

!!!!Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest!!!

The contest is simple, really.

Simply submit a oneshot (in here or in your collection thread) with the theme of "Twilight" (As in pitch-black night Twilight, not Stephanie Meyer Twilight).

Why "Twilight"? My username, Yuuyami (夕闇) means Twilight! So I thought why the hell not '_'...

So go on an be creative!!

Let it be another Twilit moment for our beloved Emofag Ai Takahashi!

Or a Kanashimi Twilight of epic proportions just 'cause Maimi Yajima can't wear pants!

Or even a disastrous moment of Miyabi Natsuyaki being unable to spell Twilight!?

Go crazy with the "Twilight" theme!

Two lucky winners will receive a drawing of their choice of H!P coupling from meeeee~!

The judging criteria? Just be creative in what you're doing~!

Oh and deadline is my birthday of course! August 5th, 11:59PM EST~!

Anywho!

Let's see those Twilit-themed one-shots!

SUTAATO!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 06:10:35 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest~! <3
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:28:12 PM »
Dammit, Yuuchan!!! XD Now I have to enter this b/c I want the drawing. :grin: One question though: Can I turn it in early b/c I will be in Japan from July 30th to August 10?

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:52:50 PM »
Sure, why not xDDD

Hope you have fun in Japan <3

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 09:27:05 PM »
Ok, thanks. And I will~ :grin:
But one more question (lol): I looked up "Twilight" on wiki and its definition seems a little different than your "pitch-black" twilight. I already started writing so can I leave it like that? Or do you want your definition used? :lol:
I know I'm being all annoying and I apologize but I love entering these writing contests. Plus I wanna win. :P

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »
* JFC looks for more bricks.

My birthday's coming up on August 5th, and I'll be turning oh so legal 18 by then~!
Hmmmm...

* JFC reconsiders.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 10:25:44 PM »
At Ichigo-chan, I personally don't really care xDDD As long as it's a twilight of some sort, it's in! Though I suddenly realized that I messed people up o_O... See, the characters making up Yuuyami mean something like pitch-black night (?) but the real definition is like the wikipedia entry. So uh... Use whatever floats your boat xDDD

At JFC, Whatcha thinkiiiiiiin' ? :roll:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:29:18 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 01:34:25 AM »
Actually, from my knowledge of those characters, they mean more "mid-evening", which is right in line with the day fading into night definition of twilght. :lol: But I think your point is as long as it's something close >.> haha.

Good luck with the contest, and I look forward to seeing the "prize drawing", whoever it ends up being of! (yay for ending a sentence with a preposition!)

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 04:52:07 AM »
Ok, just making sure. :P

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 02:32:53 AM »
Ok, I'm not sure I'll be able to get on tomorrow before I leave so I'm gonna post my story now.
Happy early Birthday Yuuchan!!! :wub:
Lost in Thought

An expansive watercolor of pinks, blues, and yellows splayed across the sky. It bathed Tokyo in its first light of day, just a hint of what would come at sunrise. Yet the city still slept.

With the exception of one wonky-eyed girl.

Staring at the black cityscape from an apartment balcony, Tanaka Reina couldn’t help but feel a little more at peace. The hustle and bustle of her second hometown hadn’t begun yet, the streets nearly vacant.  A few people on bikes rode down empty alleys but that was the extent of human activity at this hour.

Reina liked this silence, this stillness. She got up nearly every morning to have this time to herself, going back to sleep once the sun began to rise. It’s a good time to think, she reasoned, the tepid air wrapping her in a sort of cozy embrace.

And on those mornings, the 19-year old thought a lot.

She thought about work, something funny that had happened at dance practice or her schedule for the day. Dance practice, an appearance on Utaban, FIVE STARS recording…, she recited in her head, ticking each off on her fingers. A mildly busy day.

She thought about her life, an idol known by all of Japan and beyond. The screaming fans’ voices echoed in her head and brought a grin to her face. Just knowing that there were people out there who appreciated her work made her feel complete and that her job was worth it. It was almost enough to eliminate the pain she felt, the fatigue of her career.

She thought about the woman lying in bed waiting for her, her warm embrace just feet away. Reina had a secret crush on her, even before she joined Morning Musume. She’d previously disguised it as admiration, but it was so much more. The first time they kissed, the small girl pinched herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. And the first time they had sex…Reina couldn’t stop herself from crying, much to the concern of her partner. “They’re tears of joy~”, she had sobbed out, “I’m just so happy!”

Although the summer heat was evident even at this hour, the metal banister was a bit cold on her bare arms; the skimpy tank top and boxer shorts ensemble she wore left little to the imagination. She cast her gaze once more over the city, taking in each and every building, before retreating to the bedroom.

Reina closed the sliding glass door quietly. She pulled the curtain back and snuck over to the bed, its other occupant seemingly still asleep. Sliding under the warm covers and curling her body around the other, the younger girl closed her eyes in hopes of catching a few more z’s before work.

But the body next to her had a different idea.

“Where did you go, Reina-chan? I was so lonely~”, the older woman pouted, her voice both teasing and sincere. Reina’s eyes widened, as she stuttered, “H-how did you…” She was cut off by a chuckle and “For a kitty, you aren’t very quiet”. The younger blushed, staring at her girlfriend’s bare back in embarrassment. The smooth, flawless skin was silky under her fingers as she ran them along her lover’s back.

“Really though, where did you go?”, the melodic voice asked, rolling over to face Reina. Her cropped hair was a little messy from sleep, but sexy nonetheless. “I-I just went out to the balcony…to think”, she answered, “I do think, Maki” The younger couldn’t help but feel defensive about her alone time.

“Oh I know you think, Reina-chan~”, Goto Maki drawled, trailing her long fingernail down Reina’s arm, “And I love it when you do, baby…but I’d love it more if you shared what you’re thinking about” The Avex soloist smiled sadly. The sincerity in her eyes, the yearning to understand was painful for Reina. “Um…well, I-I…”, she tried to explain but ended up tongue-tied like usual.

“Never mind”, the 23-year old grinned, “Let’s just get some sleep, ok?” Any signs of her previous hurt were gone now, replaced with that comforting smile, one that Reina always looked forward to coming home to. She wrapped her arms around the smaller girl and drifted off to sleep.

But Reina couldn’t, not after seeing the expression of pain on Maki’s face.

“Someday…I’ll be able to tell you…”, she whispered, “Someday…”
Sorry it's kinda angsty lol~ :nervous

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 05:51:03 PM »
And thus......

The winner is........

xD Ichigo-chan.

The SOLE winner, roffle.

Guess I called on this contest too soon or I just scared people off with my "wonderful" ego xDDDDD

Anywho, dear Ichigo-chan gets two drawings since no one else bothered with the contest to be considered winner number two~

So ends this contest xDDD

If people are curious, I will be holding a christmas-themed contest in the future, so do consider it~!

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Re: [WINNER ANNOUNCED] Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest~! <3
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 05:40:34 AM »
Yeah, I read this notice way too late. (A day or two before...) But you know what? If I get inspiration enough to continue through with my "Twilight" idea, I'll still write it for Yuu. -shot for the pun-

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[STILL GOING ON] Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest~! <3
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 08:15:50 AM »
xD!

Well if you really want, if you do manage to write that story, I'll consider you the next winner and you'll get a drawing too! How's that? xDDD

Actually, since I can't extend the invitation to just one person........

The next person who writes a "Twilight" themed story will win the next drawing! <3
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:51:31 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[Done] Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest~! <3
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
Well then, you're the next winner~!

PM me with about ten things you wanna see drawn and I'll pick one of 'em~! xDDD
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 06:57:27 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: [Done] Yuuyami Birthday Writing Contest~! <3
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »
I'm working on my ideas, I swear!! XD I have just 2 more to think up/fantasize.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »
OSHIT!! I coulda posted half a Rika story from 2005 and won!?

I'm so wanting Yuu-chan to draw me, tama, shi, Masa on a Mount Rushmore kinda thing, exept it's Mount :hipheart: XD

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 07:40:26 PM »
 :( Daigong, you should read every thread :P I'm a lame winner 8)2 But HMM 10 things what do i want, ummommnmmhmm O0

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »
Methinks Yuu-chan should have a birthday every year...

:huhuh

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Angela Aki - Surrender