JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - Lollipop Candy Bad Girl

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 480421 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2560 on: May 17, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »
Anyone know of any file copy & paste accelerator?
Trying to copy a 1.75 GB AVI from c: to a thumb drive but is stuck at 3.28MB remaining
^ Commandline copy (with the /b for binary option), but maybe it the thumbdrive that is having a problem? Flashdrives also can fail.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2561 on: August 24, 2013, 05:37:35 AM »
anyone knows the best and accurate way, ONE THAT WORKS!,  on how to recover files on a corrupted drive. 

I don't exactly know what happen, but my external HD suddenly know longer accessible.   it was still good before I restarted my PC and then it started happening.  don't know how, but let's see,  the drive is named ___, but know though the PC recognizes it, it says it need to format.  meanwhile  I can't access the drive and it's named is Local Disk ( same drive letter). 

I really need to access the files, copy and move to a different drive first before I format. 

I tried several method but it doesn't work.  I would really like to use a tried and worked method here.  btw, it's a Seagate 3TB, USB 3.0 external hard drive, if it matters. 

is there any free method to do,  I don't want to spend money if possible on something I might only use seldomly. 
there is also several cracked software I can find, like Remo Recovery, but it's not working, or at least not the files I wanted to find.  maybe I'm not doing it right. 

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Tech-related problems
« Reply #2562 on: August 25, 2013, 03:59:43 AM »
Just got a PC-based DVR that records in TS format. Any suggestions for (hopefully freebie) editing software? Everything I have just converts to DVD. Eh, what's the point in that?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2563 on: August 25, 2013, 07:39:06 AM »
Just got a PC-based DVR that records in TS format. Any suggestions for (hopefully freebie) editing software? Everything I have just converts to DVD. Eh, what's the point in that?
Tried Movie Maker? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2564 on: August 25, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »
Tried Movie Maker?

I have Movie Maker. I know you can record with the program but can you edit previously recorded TS files w/o quality change? Will check...

Update: Movie Maker only saves WMV files. FAEL!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:09:49 AM by Saburo »

Offline dandrae

« Reply #2565 on: October 05, 2013, 06:48:20 PM »
Tried Movie Maker?

I have Movie Maker. I know you can record with the program but can you edit previously recorded TS files w/o quality change? Will check...

Update: Movie Maker only saves WMV files. FAEL!

Maybe you could try using VideoEditor plugin in MediaPortal

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2566 on: December 24, 2013, 02:28:31 AM »
Is there a quick and easy way to run a Windows 3.1/95 CD-ROM disc (or image file) in Windows 7? Just curious to see run this old J-pop CD-ROM from when I got my first PC...

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2567 on: December 24, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »
Is there a quick and easy way to run a Windows 3.1/95 CD-ROM disc (or image file) in Windows 7? Just curious to see run this old J-pop CD-ROM from when I got my first PC...
- As in you have no DVD-drive? use ISOmount (W8 can mount it directly)
- As in install the program? select the trouble shooter and use an older compatibility version of the OS.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2568 on: March 19, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »
I know I've asked this a thousand times and I'm still haven't found what I'm looking for: is there a website that has a dummy-proof, how-to guide to torrenting? The best way to teach tech stuff, I've found, is hands-on and personalized. Unfortunately I live on a rock in the Pacific and my friends are a continent away.

Dozens of Google hits won't give me The Best result that easy. Is there a "Torrenting 101" website out there that'll, once and for all, allow my friends to get their own stuff? Thanks in advance for any hits.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2569 on: March 27, 2014, 01:48:57 AM »
^ You can try looking up a video tutorial from youtube. Having something visual always helps.

From a quick search, this one looks simple enough.

Just send this and comment the basic steps yourself
(get a torrent program, get a .torrent file, open the .torrent file and download, open the downloaded file)

If all else fails, you could remote their PC, like using teamviewer. And show them step-by step.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2570 on: March 27, 2014, 02:57:44 AM »
Thanks for the linkage, winner!

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2571 on: July 06, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »
Why can't I open a Premium Account in NicoNico with Paypal? It always tells me, that the service is not available.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #2572 on: July 04, 2015, 12:45:31 AM »
I'm having a problem with the site. Haven't been able to access the radio for some time. Most recently the site brings me right to the forum page(a no no at work) although it has the radio info under the jphip banner, the pop up window is another forum home page.

This is home computers, and 2 different work sites.
Life is one time.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2573 on: July 04, 2015, 01:05:54 AM »
I'm having a problem with the site. Haven't been able to access the radio for some time. Most recently the site brings me right to the forum page(a no no at work) although it has the radio info under the jphip banner, the pop up window is another forum home page.

This is home computers, and 2 different work sites.
If you using VLC or Winamp, you can just open the stream link directly within them (http://radio.jphip.com:8800).

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2574 on: July 30, 2015, 07:05:10 PM »
When I try to delete a folder in Win7 64bit I instead get "the action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program" so how do delete that folder into Recycle Bin??
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - Lollipop Candy Bad Girl