JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - I Don`t Need a Man

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 485661 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1960 on: April 27, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »
^ you might need an update to the Adobe flash-player?

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1961 on: April 27, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »
An error occurred, please try again later.

Don't suppose anything else is hogging your bandwidth?  Usually refreshing the page a few minutes later does the trick for me, but lately I've been having a few problems with my internet in general :\

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1962 on: April 28, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »
^ you might need an update to the Adobe flash-player?

I'm pretty sure I already have the latest version, which is why I'm so confused.

Don't suppose anything else is hogging your bandwidth?  Usually refreshing the page a few minutes later does the trick for me, but lately I've been having a few problems with my internet in general :\

I don't think so. And even if I refresh days later, it still doesn't work.

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #1963 on: April 28, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »
^ Have you tried with other browser?

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1964 on: April 28, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »
shadowstar, try running CCleaner on your system. You can get it at http://www.ccleaner.com/ - Make sure that adobe flash player and the stuff for your browser of your choice are checked.

Sounds like it might be some corrupt cache or something.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1965 on: April 28, 2009, 07:55:40 PM »
shadowstar, try running CCleaner on your system. You can get it at http://www.ccleaner.com/ - Make sure that adobe flash player and the stuff for your browser of your choice are checked.

Sounds like it might be some corrupt cache or something.

I run CCleaner quite frequently actually, and it still gives me the same problem. I'm wondering though if this is a common problem or it's just me.

^ Have you tried with other browser?

Yup, no change.

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1966 on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »
Re-install flash player and java.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1967 on: April 29, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »
Other than reinstalling flash, the only thing I can think of is check your hosts file for something that's blocking youtube or google video domains. Kinda weird. Youtube never gives me that kind of trouble.  :wth

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1968 on: April 29, 2009, 12:19:44 AM »
I get this message constantly when trying to watch videos on youtube:

An error occurred, please try again later.

I've read that refreshing the page would help, but it doesn't. Is it just me? Other people can view the same video, but I can't.

Does the message appear in a little bar across the top? (in the same way as when it tells you a video has been deleted for legal reasons).
If it doesn't do it like that, can you screenshot the message.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1969 on: April 29, 2009, 04:25:08 AM »
^ It appears in the video window itself.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1970 on: April 29, 2009, 04:54:27 AM »
I sometimes get a message in the video window, something about the video no longer being available.  When I refresh it usually plays.  If you can't get it to play by refreshing a few times have you tried downloading with http://keepvid.com ?

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1971 on: April 30, 2009, 02:23:53 PM »
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

I have no idea what's going on (and my latest virus scan, last night, came up clean) but my computer suddenly freezes and the screen goes whack. It all like becomes one fuzzy colour and freezes that way, it's hard to describe. So I'm always forced to manually reboot.

Anyone know what could possibly be wrong?  :(

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1972 on: April 30, 2009, 06:37:54 PM »
^ Screen going "whack" could be due to a video card issue. Do you have a dedicated video card or is it integrated into the board(near the keyboard, etc. slots)?

First thing I would do is look for overheating problems. Make sure the insides are clean and all fans are working. It sounds like you take care of your computer so I wouldn't think it'd be anything too wrong with Windows. hmmmmmmmmm.... Only other thing I would recommend is a memory test. Everything else I'd just be throwing out total guesses, as apposed to the mostly guesses here.

Sorry, I'm not good with over the phone/over the net diagnoses. Some technician I am. XD

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1973 on: April 30, 2009, 08:15:35 PM »
Yeah, my thought was video/graphics card.  Taking the card out and putting it back in again often sorts out those sort of problems.  (Obviously do that when it's switched off & unplugged!)

It could be overheating, I guess.  Does it always go "whack" after it's been switched on approx the same amount of time? (that might suggest overheating), or does it just to it randomly.  Bear in mind that if it's overheating, the length of time it takes to happen would be different depending on if it's been switched off for a few hours or if you just rebooted after the last crash, because then it'd still be quite warm so would crash faster the second time.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1974 on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »
Wait, now I'm wondering, could it possible just be my monitor (or yeah, my graphics card too)?

Because Windows did an automatic check of my HD, like when you reset it too many times, and it said my HD was fine.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1975 on: May 01, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »
^ Yeah, it certainly could be. Didn't even think about that. I tend to forget the simpler problems. XD Next time it goes nuts, you may hit a command to bring something up on your computer like task manager, and watch the hard drive LED, see if it acts normally.

EDIT: Well, thinking about it, it could still be a non-lockup video card thing. Try also going into the menu of your monitor. If THAT is messing up, it's probably the monitor.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:40:56 PM by Datalanche »

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1976 on: May 01, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »
Ok, I took my pc to the shop and yeah, the problem was the fan after all XD It was screwed up and so it was an overheating problem. Thanks for the help guys!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1977 on: May 02, 2009, 01:25:43 AM »
Ok having some issues with my internet connection and it's really annoying me now. Recently the wireless internet I have would be fine unless the house phone rings or if someone hangs up, in which case the internet (annoyingly) had to restart itself. But as of today, it's gotten worse. I can connect here ok, but I can no longer connect to Xbox Live at all now. On some cases I can't connect to the internet and at it's worst, the phone line goes completely dead.

So it seems to me the problem is with the phone line itself, as pulling out the plug for the handset (I have a cordless phone) and putting it back in seems to temporarily give me some access to the net, but little to no joy with the Xbox. There have been occassions where I have connected, but it's incredibly brief, by the time I try to find an online match in anything, the phone line is already dead. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?

*EDIT*

100 pages!  :shocked
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:29:06 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1978 on: May 02, 2009, 02:21:53 AM »
^ Go into your router's configuration page(usually something similar to http://192.168.0.1, check the manual or post your router model # here), and go into the wireless settings and try setting it to a different channel. There will likely be 9 or 14 channels you can pick from. Choose something away from whatever channel you are using and see if that helps. Cordless phones and many routers use the same 2.4GHz or 5GHz band.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1979 on: May 02, 2009, 11:15:32 AM »
^ No joy I'm afraid Datalanche. I tried channels 7, 8 and 13 but all have the same results. Thanks for the suggestion.

Can't explain it, I can browse the net through my laptop no problem (well until the phone rings at least). But when I want to go on XBox Live, I get connected very briefly before the whole phone line becomes dead as a result. :?

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - I Don`t Need a Man