JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Tabibito

Author Topic: Kim Yu-na (김연아) (Korean figure skater)  (Read 71108 times)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: Kim Yu-na (김연아) (Korean figure skater)
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »
Yu-Na and BIGBANG WC2010 thingie. Love this song!

And more stuff from the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m0e2QuHwMM#t=1m45s

[/url]

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2010, 06:50:11 AM »
Mai waifu ;_;

She's so good. :wub:
[/url]

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2010, 07:14:47 AM »
Mai waifu ;_;

[/url]

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2010, 02:25:35 PM »
^
Figure skating fans. As long as you observe carefully and pay attention to the mechanics/procedure that the skaters do for each jump, it's actually not that difficult to tell them apart once you've watched a few routines.  The type of jump that a figure skater does basically is determined/depends on a combination of a couple of things:
a) which foot is used for the take-off (landing foot or non-landing foot),
b) whether the jump is an "edge only" jump or if the toe pick on the end of the other foot is used as a sort of "pole vault" to help initiate the jump (yes or no),
c) which edge of the blade is used in the take-off (inner edge or outer edge)

Using the ones you mentioned as an example:
axel (this is the proper way to spell it when referring to the jump, BTW) - "edge only" jump off of the outer edge of the non-landing foot that is done when the skater is moving forward (NB. this is the only jump where the take-off is done when the skater is moving forward, all others are done when he/she is moving backwards)
lutz - toe pick aided jump off of the outer edge of the non-landing foot
toe loop - tow pick aided jump off of the outer edge of the landing foot

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline cecelialorene

• Hello Mr. Perfect, You Met Me...
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2010, 05:31:17 AM »
this girl is amazing! for serious, i cant believe she is only a year older than me.
I really want the teddy bear yuna's. LOL
i know the difference as well about the technical terms. Been watching figure skating since before i could remember :]

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2010, 12:55:56 AM »
Report: Olympic champ skater Kim Yu-na failed 2 university courses
By: The Associated Press

18/06/2010 7:40 AM

SEOUL, South Korea -- Olympic figure skating champion Kim Yu-na reportedly received two Fs in her university courses last year.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency cited officials at Seoul's Korea University as saying the 19-year-old second-year student missed midterm and final exams because of her competition schedule.

Yonhap quoted a university official it did not identify as saying Kim handed in papers instead of taking exams but professors did not deem it possible to award credits based solely on those.

Yonhap said Korea University president Lee Ki-su told reporters he was aware of Kim's academic performance but did not divulge it.

Kim won gold at the Vancouver Olympics and is immensely popular in South Korea, where she is known as "Queen Yu-na."
ARTICLE LINK - http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=324994

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2010, 10:59:27 PM »
Kim Yu-na was voted the sexiest Asian female athlete according to CNNGO.

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/asia%E2%80%99s-30-hottest-athletes-654362

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2010, 03:02:32 AM »
Vancouver Olympic gold medalist Kim Yu-na plans a new performance with new music "Bulleproof," at the Ice show, "2010 All That Skate Summer," scheduled for July 23 to 25 in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province.

Bulleproof, written by La Roux, is not like the music the 19-year-old has used so far.

The tempo of the new song is faster than those previously used.

"A few months ago I listened to the music on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and I really liked it," Kim's choreographer Davis Wilson said in a statement.

"When Kim told me that she needed a new style for this ice show I felt that the music should be popular but it has to be totally different from the music many skaters have used to make new performance. So I chose Bulleproof," Wilson said.

"This program is expected to show a new style of ice show compared to those that have gone before," Kim's agent All That Sports said.

In order to have a powerful impact Kim was also coached by Clarence Ford.

"For the beginning of the show Wilson and Ford worked together," All That Sports said.

When the world record holder has performed in shows she has often chosen lyrical pieces such as Meditation de Thais, Gold and Only Hope.

The track "Don't Stop the Music," she used in last year's ice show, is the most up tempo music she has used to date.

"Bulletproof," sends the message to ladies to be strong and Kim will express strength with beauty as a role model.

For Kim's second ice show of the year, five-time world champion Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen of the United States, who has won the world championships twice, Slivia Fontana of Italy and rising Korean skater Kwak Min-jung will participate.

Among the male skaters Turin Olympics silver medalist Stephane Lambiel, 2009 Grand Prix Final champion Jeremy Abbott and John Zimmerman of the United States will share the rink.

Vancouver Olympics bronze-medal pair Aljona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy and 2002 Olympic champions Jamie Sale and David Pelletier will also feature.

The leading skater for Korea's new generation Kim Hae-jin will debut at the ice show.

Offline magicbus

• ecchi
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
She's my only reason why i watch the sport.
cant wait for the next season to kickoff.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
Yu-Na has been named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. Here's a message from her

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2010, 08:11:40 PM »
Yu-na's new exhibition number "Bulletproof"

So sassy, omg *o* it really, really suits her :D

Offline khoonah

• ecchi
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2010, 11:01:06 AM »
^ sooo good. This might be my second favorite after her James Bond routine.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
HAPPY YU-NA DAY!!! Mai waifu ;_;

Los Angeles proclaims Aug. 7 as "Yu-Na Kim" Day
Autographed skates to be kept on permanent display
Olympic gold medalist Yu-Na Kim will be honored in Los Angeles on Aug. 7.

By Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork.com
(08/05/2010) - The City of Angels is honoring an ice queen.

By a unanimous vote, the Los Angeles City Council passed a resolution proclaiming Aug. 7 as "Yu-Na Kim Day."

While the 20-year-old Olympic gold medalist's North American home-away-from-home is in Toronto, where she trains under two-time Olympic silver medalist Brian Orser, she has a special connection to the city: it's the site of her world title win in 2009, where she racked up a then-record 207.71 points.

The resolution was submitted by council members Herb Wesson and Tom LaBonge, who both represent Korean communities in their respective districts. Los Angeles has a population of more than 120,000 Korean-Americans. [...]

Tried to figure out when she'll be at City Hall and everything will go down, so I can be there, but I can't find the info. Might be an event closed to the public, I don't know.
[/url]

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2010, 10:15:14 AM »
Kim Yu-na to take ice show to LA

By Yi Whan-woo

Figure skating queen Kim Yu-na will now take her spectacular ice show overseas this October.

The 2010 Vancouver Winter Games gold medalist will hold “2010 All That Skate LA” ice show in Los Angeles on Oct. 2 and 3, in her first performance as a host.

“The October show is a chance to unfold the show organized by the Korean agency,” an All That Sports representative, Kim’s agency, said in a statement, Monday.

Kim has performed in ice shows held abroad twice in 2007 ― “Dream on Ice” in Japan and “Mariposa Skating Charity Gala Show” in Canada ― but she and her agents decided to launch the gala show on their own this time.

“The reason why the city has been selected is because of the high level of support from LA citizens toward Yu-na,” the representative explained.

LA made this support public last Saturday by declaring it “Kim Yu-na” day, and granted her honorary citizenship. She also received the “Proud Koreans Award” from the Korean American Leadership Foundation in the city on the same day with Sammy Lee, the two-time Olympic gold medalist in men’s diving in 1948 and 1952.

Kim will present her show at LA Staples Center, the venue where the 2009 ISU World Figure Skating Championships took place.

Her Korean compatriots ― Kwak Min-jung and Kim Hae-jin whose performances brought them attention in the “All-That Skate Summer” show in July, here, could be absent this time as they would need to concentrate on three competitions this season.

Kim will return to Canada after the two-day show where she is training for the World Championships.

Source: Koreatimes
[/url]

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »
HOT! You going to dat shit man?

Why isn't Mugen stalking her? lol

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 11:39:59 PM »
how? lol, shes going to LA. not Vancouver.  :lol:

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »
mai waifu ;_;

:sex:
[/url]

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2010, 07:39:40 PM »
mai waifu ;_;

[/url]

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Kim Yu-na (김연아) FIRES BRIAN ORSER WTF?!
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2010, 05:47:43 AM »
SHOCKER! :shocked :shocked

Figure skating-Kim fires coach who guided her to Olympic glory
Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:19pm EDT

By Pritha Sarkar

LONDON (Reuters) - Olympic champion Kim Yuna has fired her coach Brian Orser less than six months after he guided her to glory at the Vancouver Games.

Kim, the most famous female athlete in South Korea, credited Orser for her dazzling gold-medal performance in February when she earned record scores in the short and free programs, but that did not stop her abruptly terminating her four-year association with the Canadian.

"Meehee Park, Kim's mother,...met with Brian Orser...and informed the two-time Olympic medalist that he would no longer be retained to coach Kim," Orser's management IMG said in a statement.

"No reason was given for the sudden and unexpected decision."

Orser was told he was being fired on August 2 but had delayed making any announcement as he had hoped to work things out.

Kim's management company AT Sports later released a statement saying relations between the duo had been "uncomfortable" since May and that South Korea's only Olympic figure skating gold medalist had been training alone since June.

"I am grateful to the coach, Brian Orser, for being with me to help win the Olympics. I hope he may teach other athletes and achieve good results," Kim said in a statement. Under Orser, Kim captured a series of titles, including the world title in 2009.

"I am honored to have worked with such a talented and gifted skater," said Orser. "I wish her all the best as she moves forward in her skating career."

Forbes magazine lists Kim as one of the highest-paid female athletes in the world, with annual earnings of almost $10 million. (Editing by Clare Fallon)

© Thomson Reuters 2010 All rights reserved.

source: http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCATRE67N44420100824

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2010, 06:07:57 AM »
i wonder what the reason is?  :(

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Tabibito